PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Who Was Fired for Refusing Flu Shot Wins Lawsuit

donnay
06-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Nurse Who Was Fired for Refusing Flu Shot Wins Lawsuit

by Reuters | June 5, 2014

A New Jersey appeals court says a nurse was unfairly denied unemployment benefits after she was fired for refusing a flu shot.

June Valent was working as a nurse at Hackettstown Community Hospital in 2010 when the company began requiring employees to take the flu vaccine unless they had medical or religious reasons not to. Anyone who refused would be required to wear a mask.

Valent declined the vaccine. She didn't state a medical or religious exemption, but she agreed to wear a mask.

She was terminated based on her refusal of the vaccine and disqualified for unemployment benefits.

Thursday's appellate ruling concluded that the hospital violated Valent's right to freedom of expression by endorsing the religious-based exemption while denying her secular choice.

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Health-News/flu-shot-nurse-fired/2014/06/05/id/575407#ixzz33okjD2sY

VoluntaryAmerican
06-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Interesting. Sets a good precedent if applied to govt as well.

youngbuck
06-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Good for her. Of all the vaccinations out there, the yearly flu shot is probably the biggest waste of time, energy, and cost.

donnay
06-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Good for her. Of all the vaccinations out there, the yearly flu shot is probably the biggest waste of time, energy, and cost.

And the one filled with lots of mercury. Lots of people in 1976 would up with GB.

TheCount
06-06-2014, 07:10 PM

You think the government preventing an employer from firing an employee sets a good precedent?

euphemia
06-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Yes, if the conditions of employment involve an invasive procedure and are not made clear at hiring.

asurfaholic
06-06-2014, 07:20 PM
You think the government preventing an employer from firing an employee sets a good precedent?

This doesn't set a precedent where the govt prevents an employer from firing somebody.

This says that when the employer makes a new rule that forces employees to take medication they do not want, or did not agree to in a employee contract, and the hospital decides to toss them out, they still have to pay for the unemployment benefits. I guess this is fair because the firing was a result of the company changing its policies and not an employee issue.

Terry1
06-06-2014, 07:22 PM

When it comes to forcing someone to take drugs or vaccines against their conscience, they should be sued. I had it out with some doctor who wanted to force me to be injected with a drug to test me for something I knew I didn't have because of my work. Even the form I submitted said it was voluntary. The doctor insisted I take this test or she wouldn't sign the release form. I called the lead doctor because she was just a physicians assistant and not the doctor himself who was my primary. I told him that if she didn't back off to allow me to get this release form signed for my work that I would sue them. Needless to say--I won that battle and she lost.

People have rights and no one is going to hold me hostage and threaten my work if I don't take a vaccine or drug I don't want to.

TheCount
06-06-2014, 07:29 PM
People have rights

None of those rights are the right to keep your job.

osan
06-06-2014, 07:44 PM
A court making a rational ruling? In America?

OK, what in hell is really going on?

osan
06-06-2014, 07:49 PM

The court ruled that "a nurse was unfairly denied unemployment benefits". Where did the article say anything about preventing the employer from firing her?

You may benefit from a remedial reading course.

But to answer your question, no. However, if the employer has been in breach, then let the chips fall where they may in the courts of equity, and I would not shed a single tear for them were a jury to spank them non-trivially.

osan
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM

OK sparky, lets try it in real simple terms.

I hire you. You are my employee.

Now get on your knees and suck my dick. No? You're fired.

Yah, hello?

Anti Federalist
06-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Find another job!!!

Find another job!!!

Huh, yeah, right...and when every employer requires you to gobble their knob as a condition of employment?

OK sparky, lets try it in real simple terms.

I hire you. You are my employee.

Now get on your knees and suck my dick. No? You're fired.

Yah, hello?

Terry1
06-06-2014, 08:03 PM

Some employers are just assholes too who deserve to be sued and worse.

donnay
06-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Some employers are just assholes too who deserve to be sued and worse.

Tyranny comes in all different shapes and sizes too.

TheCount
06-06-2014, 10:01 PM
The court ruled that "a nurse was unfairly denied unemployment benefits". Where did the article say anything about preventing the employer from firing her?

Sorry, I should not have said that it was her right to a job that was violated. It was her right to other people's money.

John Taylor
06-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Nurse Who Was Fired for Refusing Flu Shot Wins Lawsuit

by Reuters | June 5, 2014

A New Jersey appeals court says a nurse was unfairly denied unemployment benefits after she was fired for refusing a flu shot.

June Valent was working as a nurse at Hackettstown Community Hospital in 2010 when the company began requiring employees to take the flu vaccine unless they had medical or religious reasons not to. Anyone who refused would be required to wear a mask.

Valent declined the vaccine. She didn't state a medical or religious exemption, but she agreed to wear a mask.

She was terminated based on her refusal of the vaccine and disqualified for unemployment benefits.

Thursday's appellate ruling concluded that the hospital violated Valent's right to freedom of expression by endorsing the religious-based exemption while denying her secular choice.

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Health-News/flu-shot-nurse-fired/2014/06/05/id/575407#ixzz33okjD2sY

What an absolutely horrible decision on the part of the Court. These scientifically-hallucinogenic opponents of vaccinations for medical providers (and likely for the general population) are doing a vast disservice to millions of innocent people who are increasingly unnecessarily exposed to diseases which have been, before these scientific luddites emerged with their religious faith in the evil of modern medicine and vaccinations, largely extinguished in the western world. Shame.

John Taylor
06-06-2014, 10:52 PM
And the one filled with lots of mercury. Lots of people in 1976 would up with GB.

The "mercury" utilized in vaccines is not elemental Mercury... it is a compound called Thimerosal. Elemental Chlorine is as toxic to human beings as elemental Mercury, but table salt, is the compound Sodium Chloride... and it contains the toxic substance...Chlorine!

Please people, for the love of God, have a basic understanding of high school entry level general chemistry before you advocate for a resumption of medical epidemics.

Thanks,

mello
06-06-2014, 11:08 PM

A Tuna sandwich has 5 times more elemental mercury than 1 dose of flu vaccine (Thiemerisol).

How many tuna sandwiches do you eat in one year compared to a single flu vaccination?

Once a week? = 260 times more than 1 dose of flu vaccine
Once a month? = 60 times more than 1 dose of flu vaccine

If mercury did cause autism, then every child would be friggin' autistic with the amount of mercury people injest each year.

donnay
06-06-2014, 11:22 PM
The "mercury" utilized in vaccines is not elemental Mercury... it is a compound called Thimerosal. Elemental Chlorine is as toxic to human beings as elemental Mercury, but table salt, is the compound Sodium Chloride... and it contains the toxic substance...Chlorine!

Please people, for the love of God, have a basic understanding of high school entry level general chemistry before you advocate for a resumption of medical epidemics.

Thanks,

http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Maximum_Residue_Limits_-_Report/2009/11/WC500015546.pdf
merthiolate,
mertorgan,
merzonin, thimerosal, thiomersalate, ethylmercurithio-salicylicacid).
The substance is soluble in water and ethanol (125 g/l) and practically insoluble
in organic solvents such as ether and benzene. The thiomersal molecule
contains 49.5% of mercury.

(Synonyms
:
thiocid,
sulfo-
merthiolate). The substance has a good solubility in water and is slightly soluble in ethanol. The
mercury content is 45.5%.
Thiomersal and timerfonate are organomercuric compounds used as preservatives in vaccines,
antigens and immunoglobulins intended for use in humans and animals.
At present these substances seem to best fulfil the requirements for efficacious preservatives used in inactivated
vaccines because they do not react with antigen and are effective at very low concentrations.

Thiomersal and timerfonate have an antimicrobial (bacteriostatic) effect which is related to
inhibition of bacterial essential enzyme activity but no specific data on the mode of action are
available. The antiseptic activity of the formulations is attributed to the partial ionisation of the
compounds and to the fact that thiomersal and timerfonate provide a reservoir of ethylmercury.

Sources [putting the lie to Zippy's statements of "fact" and most numbers, almost all are pdf's inhibited from copy and multi-pages, not reproducing them here for any too brain dead to look and read all the material.)

http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/PublicHealth/ImmunizationSafety/Lucier.ashx

http://books.google.com/books?id=weTTmgasRfUC&pg=PA151&lpg=PA151&dq=ethylmercury+LD50+toxicity&source=bl&ots=VamvuxB9Vi&sig=5rMsGVkqwGZthbOJzR6M-AA5yd8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0liOU5bgMY-Kqgb6tIHICw&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=ethylmercury%20LD50%20toxicity&f=false
Autism: The Diagnosis, Treatment, & Etiology of the Undeniable Epidemic
By John W. Oller, Stephen Oller pp.151-159

http://www.vce.org/mercury/autone/Haly.pdf 15 pgs
BIOMEDICAL ASPECTS OF EXPOSURE TO MERCURY AND ORGANIC MERCURY COMPOUNDS
by
BOYD E. HALEY, PROFESSOR AND CHAIR, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY, UNIVERSITY OF
KENTUCKY 2005

http://vran.org/about-vaccines/vaccine-ingredients/mercury/thimerosal-containing-vaccines-and-neurodevelopment-outcomes/
Thimerosal Containing Vaccines and Neurodevelopment Outcomes
Affidavit Of Boyd E. Haley. Professor And Chair. Department Of Chemistry. University Of Kentucky

http://dr-king.com/docs/091129_MisleadingMercuryexposureComparisonsb.pdf 5 pgs

Research into the organic compounds of mercury go back into to the 1920's and 1930'sand even 1913 with significant patents in 1930, 1935 , and 1937 noting breakdown products, free radical dissociatives, etc.

Toxicity of ethylmercury (and Thimerosal):a comparison with methylmercury
José G. Dóreaa*, Marcelo Farinab and João B. T. Rochac
http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marcelo_Farina/publication/235523750_Toxicity_of_ethylmercury_(and_Thimerosal )_a_comparison_with_methylmercury/file/3deec52f5f73915606.pdf
Particularly look at Fig. 1
Figure 1. Schematic representation of the conversion of methylmercury
(meHg, indicated in blue) and ethylmercury (etHg, indicated in red) to Hg
(inorganic Hg, indicated in orange) after the administration of a similar dose
of meHg (orally) or etHg (intramuscularly) to monkeys. The percentages
are qualitative approximations of the data presented in Burbacher et al.
(2005) for mercury levels in the brain of Macaca fascicularis, whichwere
determined within 1week of oral (meHg, left rectangle) or intramuscular
(etHg, right rectangle) administration. The size of a rectangle represents a
rough approximation of the total Hg retained in the brain of the monkey
within 1week of exposure.

Figure 2. (A) Molecular mimicry of methylmercury (meHg) and ethylmercury (etHg) transport. MeHg can move inside different types of mammalian
cells using a molecular mimicry mechanism. After forming a stable bond with cysteine, the MeHgS-Cys complex can be transported by the transporter
protein involved in the uptake of methionine (see Ballatori, 2002; Bridges and Zalups, 2005; Roos et al. 2011; Yin et al. 2008). The exact region of the
complex that is recognized by the transporter is unclear (Hoffmeyer et al., 2006); however, experimental studies supporting this mimicry mechanism of
MeHg-S-Cys are well documented in the literature (see Aschner, 1989; Aschner and Clarkson, 1988; Aschner et al., 1990; Ballatori, 2002; Bridges and
Zalups, 2005). EtHg may also be transported by a similar mimicry mechanism (unpublished data); however, experimental evidence is still lacking in
the literature. (B) Schematic representation of methionine, the methylmercury–cysteine complex (MeHg-S-syC) and the ethylmercury–cysteine complex
(etHg-S-syC) via the plasma membrane transporter protein (L-neutral amino acid transporter protein or LAT; Yin et al., 2008).

Concluding Remarks
• The differences in mercury metabolism in different organs
largely result fromthe binding capacities ofmercury’s chemical
forms and from the stability of carbon–mercury linkages in
organic mercurials.
• The neurotoxicity of etHg is similar to meHg in most ‘in vitro
systems’, but differences in the kinetics between these two
compounds display differences in tested outcomes. However,
an immunotoxicity is more pronounced and more common
for thimerosal etHg.
• The differences in the toxicities of these two contemporary
and relevant forms of Hg can be explained by the faster
degradation (spontaneous or enzymatic) of etHg when
compared with meHg and Hg(II). Because the targets of
these mercurials do not completely overlap, a simultaneous
exposure tomeHg and etHg can have unpredictable additive
and synergistic effects on developing and mature humans.
• Age and type of exposure, route, and attendant differences in
mercury chemistry make toxicological comparisons with
etHg and meHg useful in understanding the complexity of
mercury metabolism but not sufficient to establish safety
recommendations.
• Existing animal models demonstrate that etHg is less neurotoxic
than meHg, but we still require adequate models to demonstrate
whether repeated relevant doses of etHg in combination
with different meHg background exposures have consequences
on fetuses and infants.
• EtHg and meHg are different compounds and lead to different
exposure levels and different toxicity risks.
• Although few animal models have compared the toxicity of
etHg to meHg (at high doses), a few human observational
studies have indicated that when simultaneous low doses
of etHg and meHg exposure occur during the perinatal
period, there are weak associations with neurodevelopmental
outcomes. Consequently, further detailed studies with low
levels of simultaneous exposure to meHg and etHg are required
to establish the hypothetical no-observed adverse effect
level (NOAEL) in experimental models using different
endpoints of toxicity (from biochemical to neurobehavioral
determinations). Most importantly, large epidemiological
studies are also required to ascertain whether simultaneous
exposure to alkylmercurials can have more than additive
long-lasting neurotoxicological effects on children.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453262-Flu-Vaccine-has-25-000-times-higher-mercury-level-than-EPA-limit-for-water

Thanks.

donnay
06-06-2014, 11:24 PM
A Tuna sandwich has 5 times more elemental mercury than 1 dose of flu vaccine (Thiemerisol).

How many tuna sandwiches do you eat in one year compared to a single flu vaccination?

If mercury did cause autism, then every child would be friggin' autistic with the amount of mercury people injest each year.

This is injected into the bloodstream, not digested and excreted.

mello
06-06-2014, 11:32 PM
This is injected into the bloodstream, not digested and excreted.

So you honestly believe that 100% of the mercury that you ingest gets pissed & crapped out? Ok Dr. Donnay, that sounds perfectly reasonable.

I guess that's why doctors tell their pregnant patients that it's totally alright to eat tuna because they will pass 100% of that mercury right out of their bodies when they go to the crapper.

Oh wait...doctors recommend that you do the opposite.

DamianTV
06-07-2014, 02:09 AM

Work only owns the content that a worker produces, not the worker themselves. The Rights of employers END where the Rights of the Employees BEGIN.

---

Edit: For the record, if vaccines are perfectly safe, then why are there Vaccine Courts?

donnay
06-07-2014, 08:22 AM
So you honestly believe that 100% of the mercury that you ingest gets pissed & crapped out? Ok Dr. Donnay, that sounds perfectly reasonable.

I guess that's why doctors tell their pregnant patients that it's totally alright to eat tuna because they will pass 100% of that mercury right out of their bodies when they go to the crapper.

Oh wait...doctors recommend that you do the opposite.

So why do you suppose that doctors and the medical monopoly are pushing vaccines for pregnant women, even though the vaccine inserts says, "not tested on pregnant women" in black and white? Where is the science on that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQwaHxlHJuE

Myth #1: There’s No Thimerosal (or Mercury) in the Flu Shot Anymore.

First, I would like to direct you to two articles: Vaccine Ingredients (http://vaxtruth.org/2011/08/vaccine-ingredients/) – A Comprehensive Guide and Is There Thimerosal in the Flu Vaccine? (http://vaxtruth.org/2011/08/is-there-thimerosal-mercury-in-the-flu-vaccine/) If you click on the first link, you can scroll down to the section that explains a little more about thimerosal and mercury in vaccines. Here’s a quick summary of the articles’ findings.

According to the CDC, vaccines labeled “thimerosal-free” often have a little asterisk next to those words which lead you to something like: “This vaccine has ‘trace’ amounts of thimerosal, which the FDA says is equivalent to thimerosal-free products.” If we look closer into “thimerosal-free” vaccines, we will actually find that there is still a toxic amount of mercury contained in them.

There are two kinds of flu shots given. One contains 25 mcg of mercury (in the form of thimerosal with is 50% mercury. There is 50mcg of thimerosal in this flu shot) and is often given as the “regular” flu shot to those with no special circumstances. The other kind of flu shot is labeled “thimerasol-free” (containing less than 3mcg of mercury) and is given to young children and pregnant women.

If we look at “safe” and “un-safe” levels of mercury, per the FDA, we find this:

2 ppb is the maximum amount of mercury that deems water “safe” for drinking

Anything over 200 ppb mercury is considered TOXIC [source (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2013-title40-vol27/xml/CFR-2013-title40-vol27-sec261-24.xml) - EPA]

After doing some math [you can check my math in the article: Vaccine Ingredients – A Comprehensive Guide], we find this:

There is up to 300 ppb mercury is in the “thimerosal-free” flu vaccine.

There is 25,000 ppb mercury given in the flu shot containing 25 mcg of thimerosal as a preservative.

No matter how you cut it, flu vaccines contain toxic amounts of mercury. So yes, the flu vaccines still DOES contain thimerosal. The claim that there is “no thimerasol” in the flu vaccine is a complete fallacy, which leads to the next myth.

Myth #2: Sure, the Flu Vaccine Might Contain Thimerosal, but 25mcg is a Safe Amount. Pregnant Women Can Even Eat Up to 25 mcg of Mercury Contained in Fish.

I have heard this countless times. First, I would like to point out that pregnant women do not get the flu vaccine containing thimerosal as a preservative. They receive the vaccine falsely claiming to be “thimerosal-free.” It really should be called, “thimerosal decreased, but still overly toxic.” From the above statement, we have people running around thinking it’s safe to not only eat 25 mcg of mercury, but also to inject 25 mcg of thimerosal into their body (thimerosal is 50% mercury).

There have never been any real studies done on pregnant women and the effects of eating fish-contained mercury. What information has been gathered is mainly based on trial and error. Some doctors urge their pregnant patients to completely steer clear of fish altogether because of the mercury content, while others advise pregnant women to eat “low mercury fish” once or twice a week. According to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, eating 8-12 ounces of low mercury fish per week is safe for pregnant women. The FDA (Federal Drug Administration) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) say up 12 ounces per week is safe. The Mayo Clinic says to limit albacore tuna, chunk white tuna and tuna steak to 6 ounces per week. [source (http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/pregnancy-week-by-week/in-depth/pregnancy-and-fish/art-20044185) Mayo Clinic]

So then we have to ask: What is considered low mercury fish?

According to the FDA: shrimp, crab, salmon, pollock, catfish, cod, tuna, and, tilapia are considered low mercury fish. Tuna contains the highest amount of mercury in the low mercury fish category. [source FDA.gov]

Which leads us to: How much mercury is in fish?

Using tuna as an example, which contains the highest amount of mercury in the low mercury fish category, we find out it contains approximately 128 ppb mercury. All of the other low mercury fish are lower than that. The fish containing the highest amount of mercury, tilefish, has 1,450 ppb mercury — very understandable that pregnant women and children are urged to not eat high mercury fish. [source FDA.gov]

Now we’ll look at how many micrograms of mercury is in a serving of fish, again using tuna as an example. Three oz. of tuna is considered 1 serving, so that means a pregnant woman can safely eat 1 serving of tuna 4 times a week, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. If we look at the current amount of mercury in fish (because it changes from year to year), we see that there are approximately 13.32mcg of mercury in 12 ounces of tuna, which equates to 3.33mcg per serving. The amount of mercury in tuna sits between 12-14mcg per 12 ounces every year, and has never been recorded as going over 14mcg. [source (http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=103) EPA]

Therefore, we can safely come to the conclusion that the FDA standard for mercury consumption in pregnant women is a maximum of 14mcg in one week, not the 25mcg that floats around on message boards. Consuming 25mcg of mercury in fish would almost double the amount the FDA considers safe for pregnant women.

I would also like to point out that *INGESTING* mercury is very different than *INJECTING* it straight into your muscle or blood stream. Ingesting small amounts of mercury is considered safe because it goes through a number of natural filtration systems in our body before it reaches the blood stream. Studies suggest that eating higher amounts of mercury (anything over 200ppb) can be toxic because a small amount of mercury is able to reach the blood stream and can cause neurological disorders, immune disorders, and other significant problems. A very in-depth study done by the University of Calgary showed that even small amounts of mercury reaching the brain cannot only halt neuron growth, but it actually causes the neuron growth to *reverse*. Neurons are integral cell bodies and nerve processes in our brains. Unlike other body cells, neurons stop reproducing shortly after birth. Because of this, some parts of the brain have more neurons at birth than later in life because neurons die and cannot be replaced. [source (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BtFsy0rQsak) University of Calgary] [source (http://psychology.about.com/od/biopsychology/f/neuron01.htm)]

By injecting mercury instead of ingesting it, you are essentially by-passing your inner filtration systems. All of the mercury in a vaccine enters the blood stream, which leads straight to the brain. Remember that toxic amounts of mercury is considered anything over 200ppb, and the amount of mercury in a “thimerosal-free” flu vaccine is 300 to 600 ppb – the vaccine most commonly used contains 50,000 ppb. When you ingest mercury, the amount that reaches your blood stream is much less than the actual amount you consumed. When you vaccinate, the entire amount of mercury reaches your blood stream.

So here’s the point: when we combine the information from Myth #1 and Myth #2, even the FDA and EPA standards for INGESTION (over an entire week) of mercury are significantly lower than the amount in even the “thimerosal-free” vaccines – which are given all at once – and are outrageously lower than the 25mcg flu vaccine which, of course, is also given all at once.
http://vaxtruth.org/2011/09/the-flu-vaccine-what-your-doctor-wont-tell-you-or-probably-doesnt-even-know/

ChristianAnarchist
06-07-2014, 09:05 AM

Never could stand tuna sandwiches... does that mean I get to live longer than the rest of you??

Intoxiklown
06-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Good for her. Her work had every right to fire her, but had zero right to deny her benefits claim.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453262-Flu-Vaccine-has-25-000-times-higher-mercury-level-than-EPA-limit-for-water

Thanks.

Do you have any idea of how completely foolish it makes you look running around with this garbage? Don't get me wrong. Not knowing something is not bad, we all learn daily. However, to run off half cocked with a small understanding of something, and try to paint this HUGE conspiracy going on. The fact that you don't have a science background is what makes you apparently fall for some of these dumb theories, but ironically it's also what makes a simple explanation of what you believe impossible.

First off, from your tuna fish sandwich comment about mercury, you really need to read a book and "get some learnings" about the property of mercury.

Second off, thimerosal is a preservative that is found in the multi-dose shots. It breaks down to 49% ethylmercury, which is processed differently by the body than methylmercury. Now, I know the names sound a lot alike....but that doesn't mean to much in science. Most importantly though, ethylmercury is made up of larger molecules, and cannot enter the brain. You are ignoring thousands of studies that have been done on these compounds, and instead make it out like some ass hole just threw a bunch of chemicals in a syringe, and called it a flu shot one day.

ghengis86
06-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I never get the flu shot. I never get the flu. I can't remember the last time I even got a shot. If an employee ever required it, I'd try to get out of it, and if not, tell them to fuck off as politely as I could.

donnay
06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Good for her. Her work had every right to fire her, but had zero right to deny her benefits claim.

Do you have any idea of how completely foolish it makes you look running around with this garbage? Don't get me wrong. Not knowing something is not bad, we all learn daily. However, to run off half cocked with a small understanding of something, and try to paint this HUGE conspiracy going on. The fact that you don't have a science background is what makes you apparently fall for some of these dumb theories, but ironically it's also what makes a simple explanation of what you believe impossible.

First off, from your tuna fish sandwich comment about mercury, you really need to read a book and "get some learnings" about the property of mercury.

Second off, thimerosal is a preservative that is found in the multi-dose shots. It breaks down to 49% ethylmercury, which is processed differently by the body than methylmercury. Now, I know the names sound a lot alike....but that doesn't mean to much in science. Most importantly though, ethylmercury is made up of larger molecules, and cannot enter the brain. You are ignoring thousands of studies that have been done on these compounds, and instead make it out like some ass hole just threw a bunch of chemicals in a syringe, and called it a flu shot one day.

Please provide links to back up your theories. Thank you.

Both ethyl- and methylmercury are organic forms of mercury, the most toxic class of mercury. The methyl form of mercury found in fish from environmental sources such as coal burning is a much safer form of mercury. It is already bound to fish proteins when ingested and therefore is not readily absorbed. In contrast, the chemical form of mercury found in vaccines is injected directly into the body, bypassing the defense mechanisms of the gastrointestinal tract. Even the manufacturers of thimerosal are aware of its toxic potential:

"Exposure in utero and in children can cause mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe motor coordination impairment," according to Eli Lilly's Manufacturer Safety Data Sheet.

Current scientific studies published in peer-review have strongly linked the vaccine mercury, thimerosal, to autism and other developmental disorders.

The only studies which ever attempted to measure mercury content in children with autism showed statistically significant greater levels of mercury than in neurotypical children.

The biochemical aberrations in autistic children are identical to those produced experimentally in the lab when cell cultures are exposed to thimerosal.

Glutathione, a protein required to remove mercury, is depleted in many autistic children.

The enzyme that is critical in the neurochemical pathway of attention is also depleted when exposed to mercury, thus providing a biochemical basis of attention disorders.

There are nine published epidemiology papers looking at three different U.S. databases, demonstrating a dose-dependent association between vaccine mercury and a variety of neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism and ADHD.

A congressional committee concluded in 2003 that vaccine mercury was the likely cause of the autism epidemic in America.

Thimerosal, injected into mice at equivalent doses of that given American children before 2003, resulted in behavioral and pathological brain changes similar to autistic children.

Most importantly, recent research on juvenile primates proved that the safer mercury found in vaccines does accumulate in brain tissue at levels over twice as high compared with methymercury proving its potential for neurotoxicity.

Pont and Nelson ignore the fact that receiving a single flu shot will result in an exposure to mercury 11 to 16 times greater than what the EPA considers safe and for the fetus, several times above that level.

Is it any coincidence that since the late 1980s when the CDC expanded the childhood vaccine schedule, autism rates in Illinois have increased by over 1,500 percent? Currently, 1 in 166 children suffer from a form of autism, and 1 in 6 from a learning disability.

It is time to stop blaming coal-burning plants when the blame should squarely lie on the shoulders of those who are in charge of public health oversight. A recent international organization assessed infant mortality rates among industrialized nations. By no surprise the United States ranked 32nd out of 33 participating nations. It is time for parents, researchers, legislators and physicians to demand that mercury be removed from all healthcare products. Organizations such as the ICAAP and IDPH should be held responsible for such an oversight failure. The fishy story being spun here has little to do with the fish-eating citizens of Illinois but by agencies with close ties to pharmaceutical industry influence. Stop injecting children with mercury and stop this hypocrisy.
http://www.vaccinetruth.org/ethyl_vs__methyl.htm

angelatc
06-07-2014, 10:10 AM

Agreed. But the problem I see is that hospitals should also have the right to hire and fire anybody they want to. If I ran a hospital I would not want this filthy cretin touching my customers. But now that it's a religious issue, I'm stuck with it? And even worse, I'll get sued when Typhoid Denise spreads preventable diseases measles around to people who are already sick to begin with?

That's messed up.

angelatc
06-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Edit: For the record, if vaccines are perfectly safe, then why are there Vaccine Courts?

This question has been answered 20 times already, making this a troll.

angelatc
06-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Find another job!!!

Find another job!!!

Huh, yeah, right...and when every employer requires you to gobble their knob as a condition of employment?

Start your own business.

pcosmar
06-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Start your own business.

You need to beg your masters for a license. :(

TheCount
06-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Work only owns the content that a worker produces, not the worker themselves. The Rights of employers END where the Rights of the Employees BEGIN. The employer doesn't have the right to force an employee to receive a vaccine. The employer does have the right to fire anyone at any time for any reason.

angelatc
06-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Then starve to death. I don't really give a fuck.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Then starve to death. I don't really give a fuck.

nvm...

UtahApocalypse
06-07-2014, 10:56 AM

That by far is the most important and relevant part. No longer can their be a "religious" exemption unless it also allows a nonsecular option as well. Basically it comes down to your own personal choice.

pcosmar
06-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't really give a fuck.

That is apparent..
But I do not starve. I get by,, thank God.
But I have been unemployed for 7 years. Due to regulations, and attitudes like yours.

osan
06-07-2014, 02:32 PM
The employer doesn't have the right to force an employee to receive a vaccine. The employer does have the right to fire anyone at any time for any reason.

This is not categorically true, depending on the stipulations of the employment agreement. Your assertion is simplistic and therefore in part incorrect.

osan
06-07-2014, 02:34 PM

Not in all cases. I ran a consulting business for over 20 years and I had no licenses from anyone. I would furthermore have told anyone suggesting I had do get one to get bent.

osan
06-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Unless you are privy to the specifics of her employment agreement, you are making assertions the truth of which you cannot concretely establish. It is very possible that the agreement is of such a construction that the firing put them squarely in breach, in which case she could and probably should take their hides to the cleaners and then the barn door.

Most importantly though, ethyl mercury is made up of larger molecules, and cannot enter the brain.

One of the hazards of mercury is that it accumulates in joints. I'd have to look at the structure of ethyl mercury, but in any event one salient question would be whether the compound can be metabolized such that the mercury becomes a free particle.

I would also note that until about 20 years ago the MSDS for mercury showed it as one of a small handful of substances for which there was no minimum acceptable exposure. That has since been altered and I cannot say that I trust the reasons for the alteration... people being what they tend to be.