PDA

View Full Version : Robin Koerner (Mr. Blue Republican) Spent a Weekend With Krist Novoseilc from Nirvana

ZakCarter
06-04-2014, 12:51 PM
And Governor Gary Johnson - and then wrote an article about it:)

"Come As You Are

I was a boring kid, more concerned with topping out in my next exam than with any sports team or rock band.

I think that was an early manifestation of a tendency I retain in my adult life and will likely take to my grave: a slight disdain for what everyone else thinks is great and, by implication, thinks that I should think is great. In other words, my precociousness as a child was an assertion of my individuality. Maturity as soft rebellion, if you will. In any youth culture, behaving like an adult is good a way to train as a future libertarian.

Although, as a kid, I mostly avoided pop music and sports (and still do), for some years, the music that I could guarantee to hear every day from my friends' desks at school was Nirvana and Guns 'N' Roses. Those bands provided the sonic backdrop of my geography revision and math homework.

Whatever grunge was, I wasn't. The school I went to was an old English manor house (check out the final scene of "If" -- that was our dining hall) and I was being educated among many who would in a few years be wearing academic gowns in the hallowed halls of Cambridge and Oxford Universities. I ended up being one of them. I certainly couldn't even imagine "dropping out" as a psychological possibility, let alone as something that could inform a culture. I mean, I wouldn't even know how to drop out or hate myself, to borrow from one of Nirvana's titles.

Bizarrely, I found myself last weekend sharing a stage with Nirvana's bassist, Krist Novoselic, which, absent context, anyone who knew me when Nirvana was changing the musical world would say is just about the least likely thing that could ever happen to me."

Read the rest of the article at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/come-as-you-are_b_5440887.html

CPUd
06-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Krist ran for Congress once, and donated to Ron Paul 2008. I don't think he's a big fan of political parties though.