PDA

View Full Version : The Washington “Foreskins”??

mrsat_98
06-04-2014, 02:58 AM
http://adask.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/the-washington-foreskins/

I received the following email this evening. It’s self-explanatory:

This is an email sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune, after an article he published concerning a “politically correct” name change for the Washington Redskins.

Dear Mr. Page…

I always love your articles. I generally agree with them.

However, in this case, I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Therefore, I suggest the “Redskins” change their name to the “Foreskins” to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Congress.

More, let’s also ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we also need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60′s alive. Gone. It’s offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young mens’ lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children . The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children .

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children ..

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children .

The Milwaukee Brewers—well, that goes without saying . . . Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves . . .

As a die hard Oregon State fan, with all of this in mind, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women’s athletic teams to something other than “the Beavers.”

CaptUSA
06-04-2014, 04:01 AM
Hmmm... "Washington Redskins"???

I am far more offended by the first name than I am by the latter.

kathy88
06-04-2014, 04:29 AM
I hope this goes viral.

Suzanimal
06-04-2014, 04:32 AM
:) Very funny.

Uriel999
06-04-2014, 04:36 AM
I love it!

Occam's Banana
06-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Hmmm... "Washington Redskins"???

I am far more offended by the first name than I am by the latter.

Thereby demonstrating that you are BOTH a racist AND a terrorist ... :eek:

CaptUSA
06-04-2014, 05:24 AM
Thereby demonstrating that you are BOTH a racist AND a terrorist ... :eek:

Interesting... Does this mean Obama will now begin negotiations with me?

tod evans
06-04-2014, 06:01 AM

Why yeah!

Didn't he just hire some joker who thinks it's okay to drone-bomb Americans?

mrsat_98
06-04-2014, 06:06 AM

you'd like that huh ?

specsaregood
06-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Therefore, I suggest the “Redskins” change their name to the “Foreskins” to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Congress.

That won't work, it would be religiously insensitive to our jewish member of congress.

Suzanimal
06-04-2014, 06:23 AM
That won't work, it would be religiously insensitive to our jewish member of congress.

:(
Dang, here I was imagining how fantastic the mascot and players helmets would look.

specsaregood
06-04-2014, 06:28 AM
:(
Dang, here I was imagining how fantastic the mascot and players helmets would look.

Well, here is the little fella I'd recommend as their mascot.
http://www.lstr.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/dickswim.jpg
http://news.3yen.com/2010-08-28/japans-dickswim/

cajuncocoa
06-04-2014, 06:39 AM
This is nothing new. Cowboy fans have been calling them "Foreskins" for decades.

Carson
06-14-2014, 07:20 PM
The Redskins thing was on the news the other morning.

On the one side there was some tribal guy complaining that using the term Redskin was disrespectful.

On the other was the owner(?) saying he was proud of the name and wasn't going to change it.

I think I had to side with the guy that was proud of being a Redskin. Perhaps they should be able to call themselves what ever they want.

Miss Annie
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM
The letter was awesome!! LOL

heavenlyboy34
06-14-2014, 09:32 PM

How do you know? He might be a member of JAC (http://www.jewsagainstcircumcision.org/jewish.htm)...or a secular/atheist jew ala Rothbard.

Bastiat's The Law
06-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Most natives approve of these teams names by like 90%. It's a source of pride for them that their warrior spirit is acknowledged.

acptulsa
06-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Most natives approve of these teams names by like 90%. It's a source of pride for them that their warrior spirit is acknowledged.

'Redskins' doesn't enjoy the same approval rating among them as the less disrespectful names.

William Tell
06-15-2014, 12:51 PM

Wow, you posted that, and then Cantor lost:eek:

bunklocoempire
06-15-2014, 12:55 PM
The Philistines are offended beyond belief and are bringing a lawsuit.