PDA

View Full Version : AG Holder announces "homegrown terrorist taskforce"

devil21
06-02-2014, 09:09 PM
It's ramping up. Watch your 6 folks.

http://www.latimes.com/la-na-nn-holder-terrorism-task-force-20140601-story.html

Eric H. Holder, Jr. on Monday announced the creation of a task force within the Justice Department to combat an “escalating danger” from “homegrown” terrorists within the United States.

The Justice Department, in a news release accompanying Holder’s weekly video address, cited a Congressional Research Service report last year that said domestic terrorists were responsible for more than two dozen incidents in the U.S. since 9/11.
Though the original task force, which was little known, focused mainly on right-wing zealots, Holder’s version is aimed at U.S. citizens or visitors radicalized via the Internet.

more at link

Of course it cites all the fishy "mass shootings" as the justification. :rolleyes:

phill4paul
06-02-2014, 09:38 PM
"Domestic Terrorists" have killed less people in the U.S. than Government terrorists. Where is the task force for that?

Anti Federalist
06-02-2014, 09:52 PM
You are ten times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terorist.

Though the original task force, which was little known, focused mainly on right-wing zealots, Holder’s version is aimed at U.S. citizens or visitors radicalized via the Internet.

Welp, see ya in the camps boyos.

NewRightLibertarian
06-02-2014, 10:04 PM
No biggie, guys. Don't be so paranoid. Just support Mitch McConnell and liberty will be here in no time!

ClydeCoulter
06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Are there no left-wing-zealots? Why always right-wing? Oh, the left are in office.

phill4paul
06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Welp, see ya in the camps boyos.

Not me. Today (or tomorrow) is not the day. See me in the obituaries.

Anti Federalist
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Are there no left-wing-zealots? Why always right-wing? Oh, the left are in office.

As much as the "source" of any "terrorism" can be trusted to be correct when told to you by government, the vast, vast majority of terrorism in the United States has been "left wing".

Dr.3D
06-02-2014, 10:10 PM
"Domestic Terrorists" have killed less people in the U.S. than Government terrorists. Where is the task force for that?
I always thought the term "domestic terrorist" was in reference to the government. I hope they round them all up and take away their weapons.

specsaregood
06-02-2014, 10:13 PM

Speaking of working in an office, I wouldn't want to be working in a federal building right about now. Last time holder was worried about domestic terrorists a building was bombed...

Occam's Banana
06-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Holder’s version is aimed at U.S. citizens or visitors radicalized via the Internet.
I blame Rick Astley, goatse, and those dancing hamsters ...

bunklocoempire
06-02-2014, 10:27 PM
So as AG Eric, what exactly do you believe the motives are? Eric? The motives? Any word Eric? You understand what a motive is right?

*crickets*

Root
06-03-2014, 05:42 AM
So as AG Eric, what exactly do you believe the motives are? Eric? The motives? Any word Eric? You understand what a motive is right?

*crickets*
The "homegrown or domestic terrorist" hates us for our freedom and desires for liberty.

oh wait... Shit that's us. Never mind. Nothing to see here.

tod evans
06-03-2014, 06:36 AM

You and I are the anti-government task force and we're failing....:o

ghengis86
06-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Still waiting for that gun running task force, Eric...you fuck.

asurfaholic
06-03-2014, 09:58 AM
So the Internet did what exactly?

U.S. citizens or visitors radicalized via the Internet.

oyarde
06-03-2014, 11:02 AM
As much as the "source" of any "terrorism" can be trusted to be correct when told to you by government, the vast, vast majority of terrorism in the United States has been "left wing".

Yep , just about always the dangerous lefties .

Bern
06-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Looks like they want to start utilizing the NSA's vast cache of internet activity.

amy31416
06-03-2014, 11:12 AM
We may be the "homegrown" terrorists they're out for, but our gov't is the manure that helps us grow.

Hmm...that was a bit hokey, but I have very little shame.

donnay
06-03-2014, 11:23 AM
They're already doing this...this is what all the Fusion centers (http://publicintelligence.net/fusion-centers/) were set up all around the country.

Warlord
06-03-2014, 11:41 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S72707,_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg
Eric "Himmler" Holder

JK/SEA
06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
i wonder how much longer i have to wait for that ride to the train...

moostraks
06-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Looks like they want to start utilizing the NSA's vast cache of internet activity.

It does appear that way. Also seems like some form of censorship will be deemed necessary to protect our "free" society" from terrorism.

ZENemy
06-03-2014, 12:05 PM
BROWNSHIRTS

acptulsa
06-03-2014, 01:33 PM
So the Internet did what exactly?

Exposed Fast & Furious and made blissfully ignorant Americans terrified of 'their own' government.

Isn't that what terrorists do? Refuse to let sleeping dogs lie?

Deborah K
06-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I smell Harry Reid. This has to do with the Bundy Ranch ordeal, in my flea bitten opinion. I have some info on that. I was going to wait to post it, but I think I'll do it now.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2014, 02:18 PM
New DHS Sec: Americans Not Protected From Targeted Assassinations (http://prepperpodcast.com/new-dhs-sec-americans-not-protected-from-targeted-assassinations/)

Jeh Johnson (DHS) says foreign jihadists streaming into war-torn Syria and self-radicalized “lone wolf” terrorists in the United States have become a top concern for him as he spoke at the Woodrow Wilson Center of War on countries and people

(http://brittius.com/2014/02/07/homeland-security-new-dhs-chief-cites-syria-lone-wolf-terror-threats/)

http://kwout.com/cutout/u/h6/4k/nif_bor.jpg

Another group stirring up all this domestic shit with government, ADL

here's a clip from their webpage:

As Internet proficiency and the use of social media grow ever-more universal, so too do the efforts of terrorist groups to exploit new technology in order to make materials that justify and sanction violence more accessible and practical. Terrorist groups are not only using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and various other platforms to spread their messages, but also to actively recruit adherents who live in the communities they seek to target.

Face-to-face interaction with terrorist operatives is no longer a requirement for radicalization.Individual extremists, or lone wolves, are increasingly self-radicalizing online with no physical interactions with established terrorist groups or cells – a development that can make it more difficult for law enforcement to detect plots in their earliest stages.

In his testimony to the House Committee on Homeland Security in February, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson directly acknowledged this risk and the need “to address the threats we face from those who self-radicalize to violence, the so-called lone wolf who may be living quietly in our midst, inspired by radical, violent ideology to do harm to Americans – illustrated last year by the Boston Marathon bombing.”

In 2013, 14 American citizens or permanent residents were implicated in the U.S. on terror-related charges,ranging from domestic plots and conspiracies to providing material support to terrorists abroad. Many were directly influenced by propaganda easily accessible on online.

http://www.adl.org/assets/images/12/wrapper/global100.png (http://global100.adl.org/)
New DHS Secretary: US Citizens Not Exempt from Targeted Assassination | nsnbc international (http://nsnbc.me/2013/11/16/new-dhs-secretary-us-citizens-exempt-targeted-assassination/)

Carson
06-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Someone down there should look in, "Fast and Furious".

I remember a long time ago the government and the media were making a big thing about guns ending up in Mexico.

That died out for a while and next thing you hear about is how the government was making SURE guns were able to get down there by seeing the laws concerning some sales were overlooked...on purpose.

Then you hear about a Border Patrol Agent being killed with a gun that was allowed through ILLEGALLY.

It seemed to me at the time the whole operation may have been an effort to subvert the United States Constitution in regards to infringing on our rights to keep and bare arms.

It all has all of the ear marks of a conspiracy which is another serious crime.

I think this should be looked in to. Perhaps the ■■■ has some information on it. I'm not sure if they are sworn to uphold the Constitution like some others are but they claim to be working for us.

devil21
06-10-2014, 02:06 AM
Speaking of working in an office, I wouldn't want to be working in a federal building right about now. Last time holder was worried about domestic terrorists a building was bombed...

You were close enough. +rep