PDA

View Full Version : Ignore the Kansas Senate Primary at your own Peril.

MikeStanart
06-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Where is the Liberty Community? Why is it ignoring Milton Wolf?

Milton is a Liberty candidate running against an entrenched (And vulnerable) US Senator in Kansas. Milton is challenging Pat Roberts, a politician who hasn’t even lived in Kansas for the last 30 years.

Milton is a Gem, a true Gem. I had the opportunity to sit down and crack open a cold one with this Patriot a few weekends ago. After listening to him speak for several minutes, my mind wandered off and thought, why aren’t more people from the Liberty community supporting this guy? I have enjoyed immensely watching the campaigns of Ron, Rand, Massie, Amash, and Lee all unfold on these forums. I have loved experiencing those campaigns with all of you. However, I am saddened to see myself watching his campaign mostly alone on this forum.

I flew to Kansas last two weeks ago to visit my girlfriend (Who I allowed to move to Kansas to work for Milton. We both believe in him, so we are making that sacrifice) and I saw close to 20 supporters making phone calls and block-walking. Last weekend there were close to 60. Keep in mind there are more voters in Harris County (county engulfing Houston) than in the entire state of Kansas. They are rapidly expanding the campaign. My point being, how can a campaign with this much energy and excitement go almost completely unnoticed by the Liberty Community?

http://i58.tinypic.com/nxubt5.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2rrkq46.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/sm64rb.jpg

My Dummy's Guide to Milton Wolf's positions:

Federal Reserve
"Ron Paul should be Chairman!"

Marijuana
States Rights! (Does not personally advocate - Identical To Ron Paul's position)

Guns
Shall NOT be Infringed!

IRS
Eliminate! Fairtax

Debt
Morally Wrong to indebt our unborn children!

Term Limits
Yes, has personally pledged to only serve 2 terms

Supreme Court Justices
Will never confirm a nominee who doesn't have strict interpretation of Constitution

Career Politician?
No, he's a doctor!

Military
Strong Military, but mind our own business

NSA
No No No No No!

States Rights
Any Issue not outlined in the Constitution is a State Matter!

I'm making this post on my own accord. I want you to be involved. When I was phone banking more than half the people I spoke to were SHOCKED Pat Roberts had been in Washington for so long, and agreed there needed to be an alternative. The Primary is on August 5th. Momentum is building, but this race needs the exposure within the Liberty Community in addition to more Liberty PAC's getting on board. I will be heart-broken if he doesn't win because people simply didn't know he existed. If Milton received only HALF the attention and money like Brannon and Bevin had, we would have a Liberty Senator from Kansas, I assure you of that.

I challenge you to look into Milton and send Rand, Lee, and Cruz reinforcements..

Matt Collins
06-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Because the incumbent has an order of magnitude more cash on hand than Milton does.

MikeStanart
06-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Because the incumbent has an order of magnitude more cash on hand than Milton does.

I agree. But Brannon and Bevin had massive amounts of money which amounted for nothing also.

Matt Collins
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I agree. But Brannon and Bevin had massive amounts of money which amounted for nothing also.It takes more than money, but it requires money in almost every case.

A candidate doesn't have to match their opponent with fundraising. But they do have to be in the same ballpark

lib3rtarian
06-02-2014, 08:32 PM
However much we tried in NC, we could never surmount the obstacle that was Brannon's civil lawsuit. Tillis sent out a scathing last-minute direct mailer which said Brannon defrauded his friends to the tune of 450K, didn't pay his taxes and didn't file an ethics disclosure form. Unless you were already a Brannon supporter, you'd never consider Brannon after you read the above. Wolf has a similar albatross around his neck - his posting of x-ray images of gunshot fatalities on FB and joking about them. How STUPID is that? It takes just one direct mailer to destroy him. At least with Brannon his issues happened after he announced, so there was really no choice for us but to keep going, but Wolf did this before he started running, AFAIK. He should have been vetted more.

MikeStanart
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
However much we tried in NC, we could never surmount the obstacle that was Brannon's civil lawsuit. Tillis sent out a scathing last-minute direct mailer which said Brannon defrauded his friends to the tune of 450K, didn't pay his taxes and didn't file an ethics disclosure form. Unless you were already a Brannon supporter, you'd never consider Brannon after you read the above. Wolf has a similar albatross around his neck - his posting of x-ray images of gunshot fatalities on FB and joking about them. How STUPID is that? It takes just one direct mailer to destroy him. At least with Brannon his issues happened after he announced, so there was really no choice for us but to keep going, but Wolf did this before he started running, AFAIK. He should have been vetted more.

Well, when I talked to the voters, they were much more concerned about Roberts being in Washington for 47 years, than the X-rays.

Uriah
06-02-2014, 09:14 PM
There are many primaries tomorrow. Perhaps, after things have been settled in other states, liberty supporters will look to what's next and Milton could get a wave of outside support. If he's a great candidate then I hope he gets the help.

MikeStanart
06-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Rand = Aqua Buddha. Milton = X-Rays. Ron = Newsletters. Clinton = Mistress. Sanford = Mistress. McDaniel = Cock Fighting.

Everyone has their "Oops Moments".

Philhelm
06-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Rand = Aqua Buddha. Milton = X-Rays. Ron = Newsletters. Clinton = Mistress. Sanford = Mistress. McDaniel = Cock Fighting.

Everyone has their "Oops Moments".

Graham = Closet Homosexual

MikeStanart
06-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Graham = Closet Homosexual

He's so deep in the closet that it's punching through the back wall! hah!

MikeStanart
06-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Money is the ONLY thing stopping the Liberty community from having another senator.

$500,000 would win this race. No question. It's a freaking bargain. I don't understand this.

MikeStanart
06-10-2014, 10:51 PM

How's that cash thing working for Cantor?

Matt Collins
06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
How's that cash thing working for Cantor?
Fluke.... no one thought Cantor could lose. But I'm glad he did :-)

MikeStanart
06-26-2014, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SATf9qmz7qQ

MikeStanart
07-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Relevant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW8XfQVSYVU

I cannot publicly state which organizations....but 2 very big groups are about to throw their support into this race. Big $$$$. I guess nobody here is interested in picking up another Senate seat for Liberty?

MikeStanart
07-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Actually every time they blast Millton on the X-Ray stuff, their donations soar. People in Kansas are fed up with the mud-slinging, they want Roberts out.

MikeStanart
08-01-2014, 06:38 PM
You kids think this isn't a serious campaign? Latest polls put them within reach, and that was before the Bus Tour.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt5PbbuCYAA2AjW.jpg:large

Matt Collins
08-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Doesn't look good for Mr. Wolf....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/kansas_senate_race.html

Hopefully he caused the establishment some grief in the process.

MikeStanart
08-05-2014, 08:33 AM
TOADY IS THE PRIMARY!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2T0Ya_U4gN8/S_LkL7ifoMI/AAAAAAAAAGA/xDt72mISVFc/Toady%20-%20TheCollins01.jpg

The Liberty movement avoided this race at all costs. Whatever the outcome I am ashamed to be a part of this movement today.

Matt Collins
08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
The Liberty movement avoided this race at all costs. Whatever the outcome I am ashamed to be a part of this movement today.
Why dump mega resources into a race that is doomed to fail?

MikeStanart
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Why dump mega resources into a race that is doomed to fail?

It was never (just) about resources. The Cantor race is proof of that. The Milton campaign has done a decent job at fundraising. Endorsements by Ron Paul, YAL, Freedomworks, and others would have helped out a lot in this race. Those endorsements bring votes, chatter, & lead to surges in name ID and donations. The staff is littered with 2008 & 2012 RP supporters, but for whatever reason the Liberty community stayed out of this one.

"Why dump mega resources into a race that is doomed to fail" Did you say that about 2008 & 2012 too?

Philhelm
08-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I voted for Milton today.

Brian4Liberty
The Liberty movement avoided this race at all costs.

It didn't hurt Brat.

Brian4Liberty

Tell all your friends and family to do the same!

MikeStanart
08-05-2014, 12:02 PM

+ REP

I think the victory party is in your area if you're interested. (There may or may not be free booze and food) I don't know 100%

Brian4Liberty
08-05-2014, 12:03 PM

Philhelm
08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Tell all your friends and family to do the same!

My father and presumably my mother are. My father said something about term limits and how he's going to vote for Wolf.

Philhelm
08-05-2014, 12:11 PM
I called my wife to vote for Wolf, but she said that she doesn't want to vote for him because of the X-rays. At the very least, I think I can prevent her from voting.

MikeStanart
08-05-2014, 12:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuS0M66IUAEpnAB.jpg

MikeStanart
08-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I called my wife to vote for Wolf, but she said that she doesn't want to vote for him because of the X-rays. At the very least, I think I can prevent her from voting.

Yeah, X-Rays have been the bane of his existance. I mean, if anyone on this forum ran for office, they'd have the same problem. Heh!

Philhelm
08-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah, X-Rays have been the bane of his existance. I mean, if anyone on this forum ran for office, they'd have the same problem. Heh!

I don't even know the full x-ray story, and I don't much care. Pat's ads only focused on that, and that he was a Marine, so that was reason enough to vote against him.

Hell, when that photo of Obama holding a rifle was released, I had Photoshopped it so he was standing in front of Sandy Hook...lol I even had one where he was aiming at Chris Kyle's head. I guess I can never run for office now.

Matt Collins
08-05-2014, 06:11 PM
It was never (just) about resources. The Cantor race is proof of that. The Milton campaign has done a decent job at fundraising. Endorsements by Ron Paul, YAL, Freedomworks, and others would have helped out a lot in this race. Those endorsements bring votes, chatter, & lead to surges in name ID and donations. The staff is littered with 2008 & 2012 RP supporters, but for whatever reason the Liberty community stayed out of this one.

"Why dump mega resources into a race that is doomed to fail" Did you say that about 2008 & 2012 too?You misunderstand the different dynamics of a Presidential race, and a US Senate race. Same for a US House race too.