PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood Points to BIBLE to Justify Abortions

green73
06-02-2014, 05:55 AM
...The group is now issuing a “pastoral letter” to prospective abortion clients that claims,

“The truth is that abortion is not even mentioned in the Scriptures—Jewish or Christian—and there are clergy and people of faith from all denominations who support women making this complex decision.”

http://www.progressivestoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/pastoral-letter.jpg

http://www.progressivestoday.com/shock-planned-parenthood-points-to-bible-to-justify-abortions/

moostraks
06-02-2014, 06:06 AM
The way they would have to torture Scripture to condone making this decision, smh.

JK/SEA
06-02-2014, 07:13 AM
screw the bible. i don't need a fuckin' book to tell me right from wrong...its MURDER you ignorant blood lusting motherfuckers....

oops...should this be in the Religion forum?....

piss off PP.

Sola_Fide
06-02-2014, 07:37 AM
"Abortion is not even mentioned in the Scriptures".

Why would The Roman Catholic church have an argument against this? They say the assumption of Mary is something that you can't prove the apostles didn't believe.

Maybe this is the same. You can't prove that the apostles didn't believe in abortion. They didn't specifically mentioned it.

unknown
06-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Thats low, even for them.

moostraks
06-02-2014, 08:40 AM

Why would The Roman Catholic church have an argument against this? They say the assumption of Mary is something that you can't prove the apostles didn't believe.

Maybe this is the same. You can't prove that the apostles didn't believe in abortion. They didn't specifically mentioned it.

Well while you are busy with your ant-Catholic crusade:

The General Board of American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. adopted a statement in 1988-JUN, and modified it in 1994-MAR. It recognizes that no consensus exists within the denomination concerning abortion access. They did agree that they opposed abortion "as a means of avoiding responsibility for conception, as a primary means of birth control, and without regard for the far-reaching consequences of the act." They condemn violence and harassment directed at abortion clinics. They feel that physicians should be able to opt out of performing abortions without sanctions and discrimination.

The membership holds diverse views concerning:

When human personhood begins,
Whether there are situations in which an abortion can be a morally acceptable action,
Whether there should be laws to protect the life of embryos and fetuses by criminalizing abortion, and
whether women should be allowed to choose to have an abortion.
The statement concluded: "We affirm our commitment to continue to counsel and uphold one another, to maintain fellowship with those whose opinions differ from ours and to extend the compassion of Christ to all."http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_hist1.htm#abc

This isn't just one group that the finger can be pointed at for the support. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Theocrat
06-02-2014, 09:10 AM
As with all issues of controversy and dispute, presuppositions are vitally important. What people may have failed to realize is that Planned Parenthood is beginning with the assumption that abortion is not murder, but, of course, it is murder. (http://abortionno.org/) As Christians, we all know that the Bible vehemently prohibits murder ("the shedding of innocent blood"), and it even has laws which capitally punish murderers.

So, that letter is simply missing the point about the nature of abortion. Just substitute the word "abortion" for "murder" in all places in that letter, and the Biblical teaching against abortion becomes obvious.

Christian Liberty
06-02-2014, 09:41 AM

This sounds rather like the arguments that people use for taxation, namely, that the Bible doesn't specifically use the phrase "taxation is theft" even though its clearly implied.

"sola scriptura" assumes a basic ability to use logic and understand the meanings of words. Otherwise we can just say "freedom is slavery" or something:rolleyes:

Christian Liberty
06-02-2014, 09:42 AM
As with all issues of controversy and dispute, presuppositions are vitally important. What people may have failed to realize is that Planned Parenthood is beginning with the assumption that abortion is not murder, but, of course, it is murder. (http://abortionno.org/) As Christians, we all know that the Bible vehemently prohibits murder ("the shedding of innocent blood"), and it even has laws which capitally punish murderers.

So, that letter is simply missing the point about the nature of abortion. Just substitute the word "abortion" for "murder" in all places in that letter, and the Biblical teaching against abortion becomes obvious.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Theocrat again."

oyarde
06-02-2014, 09:46 AM

So, that letter is simply missing the point about the nature of abortion. Just substitute the word "abortion" for "murder" in all places in that letter, and the Biblical teaching against abortion becomes obvious. Well , since you put it that way Theo , I think most should be able to understand that :)

oyarde
06-02-2014, 09:46 AM

So, that letter is simply missing the point about the nature of abortion. Just substitute the word "abortion" for "murder" in all places in that letter, and the Biblical teaching against abortion becomes obvious. Well , since you put it that way Theo , I think most should be able to understand that :)

jbauer
06-02-2014, 09:49 AM
So my Mom was 17 when she had me. A prime candidate for an abortion. Kinda glad she didn't ehh?

Origanalist
06-02-2014, 06:17 PM
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Theocrat again."

Covered.

DamianTV
06-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Bible was also used to validate murder in too many cases. The Crusades and Salem Witch Trials are fantastic examples. This same Bible also doesnt seem to treat women with much respect. Okay for men, but not okay for women as they dont own their own bodies. Thou shall not kill, unless you have a disobedient child that needs to be stoned, and were not talking about the smokin' of a bowl. If there is something that is completely out of date, I'd say its peoples application of Bible interpretations. Point is, its peoples interpretations that are the biggest problem. This says do this, thus, do the exact opposite. Constitution says Right to Bear Arms, which would be purposefully misinterpreted as "we should go to war and everyone should practice killing each other as violently as possible". Purposeful misinterpretation is a means of mass propoganda.

Govt: You were conceived in the back of a VW Bug? Outlaw VW Bugs!

bunklocoempire
06-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Not in the Bible? Not in THE big book of sacrifices and the results of sacrifices? Not in the book of the ultimate sacrifice? B.S.

All hail almighty Apple (other/insert non-human thing here)! I offer you my offspring in the hopes that money saved will afford me a cool phone/other.

Or how about:

All hail almighty god of self! I offer you an individual that is alive and exists because of my own actions, an offering of another's future to preserve my own because I pretend to divine the future.

A quick search. About 1/3 of the results w/o footnotes:

Leviticus 18:21
English Standard Version (ESV)
21 You shall not give any of your children to offer them[a] to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord.

Deuteronomy 12:31
31 You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

Ezekiel 16:20-21
20 And you took your sons and your daughters, whom you had borne to me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your whorings so small a matter 21 that you slaughtered my children and delivered them up as an offering by fire to them?

Leviticus 20:1-5
Punishment for Child Sacrifice
20 The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Say to the people of Israel, Any one of the people of Israel or of the strangers who sojourn in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech shall surely be put to death. The people of the land shall stone him with stones. 3 I myself will set my face against that man and will cut him off from among his people, because he has given one of his children to Molech, to make my sanctuary unclean and to profane my holy name. 4 And if the people of the land do at all close their eyes to that man when he gives one of his children to Molech, and do not put him to death, 5 then I will set my face against that man and against his clan and will cut them off from among their people, him and all who follow him in whoring after Molech.

2 Kings 17:17-18
17 And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings[a] and used divination and omens and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger. 18 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them out of his sight. None was left but the tribe of Judah only.

2 Kings 21:2-6
2 And he did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to the despicable practices of the nations whom the Lord drove out before the people of Israel. 3 For he rebuilt the high places that Hezekiah his father had destroyed, and he erected altars for Baal and made an Asherah, as Ahab king of Israel had done, and worshiped all the host of heaven and served them. 4 And he built altars in the house of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, “In Jerusalem will I put my name.” 5 And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the Lord. 6 And he burned his son as an offering[a] and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Jeremiah 7:30-34
The Valley of Slaughter
30 “For the sons of Judah have done evil in my sight, declares the Lord. They have set their detestable things in the house that is called by my name, to defile it. 31 And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind. 32 Therefore, behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when it will no more be called Topheth, or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter; for they will bury in Topheth, because there is no room elsewhere. 33 And the dead bodies of this people will be food for the birds of the air, and for the beasts of the earth, and none will frighten them away. 34 And I will silence in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, for the land shall become a waste.

“The truth is that abortion is not even mentioned in the Scriptures—Jewish or Christian—and there are clergy and people of faith from all denominations who support women making this complex decision.”

Sacrifice for the sake of the child? Let's just sacrifice the child.:rolleyes::mad: There is nothing "complex" about it. :mad:

donnay
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Most Christians understand the 10 commandments. We are not here to judge, God is the ultimate judge.

Thou shalt not kill.

euphemia
06-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Planned Parenthood sounds rather desperate.

idiom
06-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Most Christians understand the 10 commandments. We are not here to judge, God is the ultimate judge.

Thou shalt not kill.

Unless God has told you to kill.