PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Admits No Investigation In SWAT Raid Maiming Baby

coastie
06-01-2014, 03:01 AM
For the most backasswards comment of the century, the Academy Award goes to...

"...There was no clothes, no toys, there was nothing to indicate that there were children present in the home. If there had a been, then we would've done something different." Sheriff Joey Terrell
Habersham County

http://i58.tinypic.com/10zpbh5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3d8_zcFRVY

WELL THERE WAS DAMN SURE A FUCKING BABY PLAYPEN THERE, NOW WASN'T THERE YOU SICK, ILLITERATE REDNECK FUCK?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Something different? His comment makes no sense. The Sheriff is clearly describing what the SWAT Team discovered after they flash banged the baby, and after they kicked in the door.

They never did any investigation, at all. As the video states, the man they were looking for wasn't even home.

NO DRUGS OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM WERE FOUND.

If they were, they would have mentioned it by now. Color me surprised they didn't go ahead and plant them.

"...had we known..."

http://i60.tinypic.com/168yn42.gif

Is it enough yet?

alucard13mm
06-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Since no drugs were found, maybe the family can sue the hell out of the police. Get them a new house and to pay off the medical bills and a secure fund for future medical treatments.

Henry Rogue
06-01-2014, 04:43 AM
Sheriff Moron acquires warrant from Judge Rubberstamp. Sheriff Moron asks his shock troopers "Who wants to throw the grenade?" Deputy Dumbass replies "Me, me, pick me." Shock troopers break down the door and without looking, Deputy Dumbass throws the grenade into the room. Shock troopers look in vain for guns and drugs. Investigation ended.

tod evans
06-01-2014, 04:55 AM
This idea that a "drug" justifies maiming a baby is insane!

These folks use the excuse of "drugs" to justify tyranny and Boobus supports them.

Anyone reading this post who has ever in their life believed in or voted for anyone who supports drug laws of any kind you are the problem!

If you think kops should be involved in regulating coke, meth, pot, acid or any substance used to get high then look closely at this baby, you are responsible!

Unfortunately this baby is just one example of the atrocities inflicted on the citizenry by these kops doing your bidding.:mad:

mrsat_98
06-01-2014, 05:08 AM
http://www.knysnakeep.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/democracy-in-Knysna.jpg

tod evans
06-01-2014, 05:14 AM
"They" are just getting warmed up in their domestic war.

Here's a picture from Nam of what American soldiers do to the citizens they are at war with;

http://olive-drab.com/images/my_lai_massacre_375.jpg

Those of you who support drug laws of any kind, expect this type of behavior from your soldiers...

http://www.michigannow.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/SWAT-oregon.jpg

[edit]

Re-read the hero sheriffs public statement, he intends to continue maiming babies and inflicting whatever horrors he desires on those evil druggies.

This is the kind of man Americans hire to inflict their will on others....

fisharmor
06-01-2014, 05:34 AM
"They" are just getting warmed up in their domestic war.

Here's a picture from Nam of what American soldiers do to the citizens they are at war with;

http://olive-drab.com/images/my_lai_massacre_375.jpg

Hey now, don't go attributing qualities to those humans that don't apply.
They were NOT American citizens.
And as we've established here many times over, non-American citizens have no rights.

In fact, I haven't read through the main thread on it, but that kid looks a little too brown to be a proper American citizen.
If we're going to get worked up about it, I want proof first.
No papers, no problem.

tod evans
06-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Want to get really pissed?

Go read the comments on CNN's version of this story.

The apologists are out in force.

Suzanimal
06-01-2014, 06:03 AM
SMH....

Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

But this same task force has a history. In February, I posted about a settlement in the death of Jonathan Ayers, an innocent pastor that this same drug task force killed in a drug operation in 2009.

In September 2009, the young pastor Ayers was ministering to a young woman whom a Georgia drug task force was investigating on drug charges. (She had allegedly sold an undercover officer $50 worth of cocaine.) When task force members saw Ayers alone in the car with the woman, they switched their focus to him. According to Ayers’s lawsuit, the woman was about to be evicted from the motel at which she was staying. Ayers gave her the $23 in his pocket to help cover her rent.

The task force followed Ayers to a convenience store, where he went in to get money from an ATM. When he returned and got into his car they pounced. They pulled up behind him in an unmarked black SUV. Armed agents dressed in street clothes then rushed Ayers’s car. He put his car in reverse and attempted to escape. In the process, he nicked one agent. Another then opened fire, killing him. Ayers told hospital staff was that he thought he was being robbed. His reported last words were, “Who shot me?”

Ayers had no drugs in his car or in his system, and there was no evidence he was using or distributing anything illegal. Still, local law enforcement officials tried to smear him. They first said he was part of their drug investigation all along, then retracted. The woman the police were following initially said in an interview that Ayers was counseling her and helping her kick her drug habit. Later, while facing criminal charges for a separate incident, she changed her story and claimed that Ayers had been paying her for sex.

In the end, Ayers was innocent, and a federal jury awarded his widow a $2 million settlement.

In the burned toddler raid, Terrell told the paper that District Attorney Brian Rickman had already cleared the task force of any wrongdoing. That’s a remarkably fast investigation given that the raid happened less than two days ago. Rickman also cleared the cops in the Ayers case. So did the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Rickman would tell a local paper that the investigations went “to extraordinary lengths,” and, “I do not see how anybody could say the process was unfair based on the lengths that they went to.”

Here’s what happened next:

Ayers left behind a wife, Abigail, who at the time of his death was pregnant with her first child. She filed a lawsuit and hired her own investigator to look into the shooting. What he found is astonishing. As it turns out, Officer Billy Shane Harrison, the cop who shot Ayers, hadn’t taken the series of firearms training classes required for his certification as a police officer. It gets worse. It turns out that Harrison also had received zero training in the use of lethal force.

He wasn’t authorized to make arrests or to carry a gun. Yet somehow he had been given a position on a narcotics task force, a position that not only gave him a gun but put him in volatile, high-stakes situations where he might be tempted to use it. Abigail Ayers’s lawsuit also alleged that Harrison and Officer Chance Oxner, who initially bought the drugs from the woman Ayers was counseling, had a history of disciplinary problems, including use of illicit drugs.

So those “fair” investigations that went to “extraordinary lengths” failed to discover that the cop who shot Ayers not only had prior disciplinary problems, but also he wasn’t even legally authorized to be a cop, much less carry a gun. It was later revealed that Rickman had appointed the head of the task force at the time of the Ayers shooting, and was a close personal friend with the officer (who is now deceased).

So maybe we should take Rickman’s quick assessment of this week’s raid with a grain of salt.

In my post on Ayers, I noted how little professional accountability there had been for the death of Jonathan Ayers. The cop who killed him was fired, but only after it was revealed that he lacked the training. One other law enforcement official was fired for lying about the training. No one was disciplined for the actual killing of Ayers. Rickman, Terrell, and the other sheriff who oversees the task force were all reelected.

Perhaps we shouldn’t be all that surprised that a sheriff who sees drug suspects as “terrorists” also oversees a drug task force that has now killed an innocent pastor and burned a two-year-old child.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/05/30/drug-task-force-that-burned-a-toddler-this-week-also-killed-an-innocent-pastor-in-2009/

aGameOfThrones
06-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Don't want negative contacts with police, don't live in the war zones of America.

phill4paul
06-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Don't want negative contacts with police, don't live in the war zones of America.

All of Amerika is a war zone.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_ra id

aGameOfThrones
06-01-2014, 08:23 AM
All of Amerika is a war zone.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_ra id

Freedom has a price.

JK/SEA
06-01-2014, 09:06 AM
No drugs?...oh, i'm pretty sure the 'drugs' were in those cocksucking spawn of satan terrorists blood stream. Just remove those star wars costumes and jam a syringe in a vein and and suck out their polluted septic tank like blood and put it through a few tests......

invisible
06-01-2014, 09:08 AM
"...There was no clothes, no toys, there was nothing to indicate that there were children present in the home. If there had a been, then we would've done something different." Sheriff Joey Terrell
Habersham County

Yeah, like used the presence of those items outside the home as an excuse to have cps kidnap the kid first, and then send in the swat team.

Philhelm
06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
No drugs?...oh, i'm pretty sure the 'drugs' were in those cocksucking spawn of satan terrorists blood stream. Just remove those star wars costumes and jam a syringe in a vein and and suck out their polluted septic tank like blood and put it through a few tests......

I would just as soon douse Them with gasoline, read off a list of Their crimes, and ignite Them.

Pericles
06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Everyone needs to have a plan to "repel boarders" and the will to execute that plan.

nobody's_hero
06-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Radley Balko once said in a speech that he's had troops who served in the streets of Fallujah tell him that they never acted overseas in the way these police do at home.

Brian4Liberty
06-01-2014, 11:19 AM
If an employee at McDonald's burns a hamburger, they get fired. Police Chief burns a baby, no consequences.

Warlord
06-01-2014, 11:23 AM
The baby did it to himself (so claims the sheriff )

pcosmar
06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
It started with an Anonymous Informant. How about investigating that?

They walked past a van with Child car seats in it.. How about investigating that?

This ain't the fucking first time. How about investigating that?

Henry Rogue
06-01-2014, 02:32 PM
SMH....

Thanks for posting this info, Suzanimal. I'm not surprised that the baby burners are minister murderers as well.

Henry Rogue
06-01-2014, 02:37 PM
It started with an Anonymous Informant. How about investigating that?

They walked past a van with Child car seats in it.. How about investigating that?

This ain't the fucking first time. How about investigating that?
They're not going to arrest themselves.

Anti Federalist
06-01-2014, 02:37 PM
"So, now, all ya'll, move the fuck along." - Sheriff Freindly.

Occam's Banana
06-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Re-read the hero sheriffs public statement, he intends to continue maiming babies and inflicting whatever horrors he desires on those evil druggies.

"Our team went by the book. Given the same scenario, we’ll do the same thing again. I stand behind what our team did.” - Joey Terrell, Habersham County Brute Squad (source: http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=275516)

"There was no clothes, there was no toys, there was nothing to indicate that there was children present in the home. If there had a been, then we woulda done something different." - Joey Terrell, Habersham County Brute Squad (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3d8_zcFRVY)

You see, it's all the victims' fault - because there weren't any tricycles in the yard ... :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist

Those comments from SWAT Raider Friendly seem to have vanished down the memory hole.

DoublePlusRep to the first one who can find that story.

Anti Federalist

Those comments from SWAT Raider Friendly seem to have vanished down the memory hole.

Occam's Banana
06-01-2014, 03:17 PM

That was from warriortalknews.com, which doesn't seem to be available anymore.

But the Wayback Machine has some captures of it. FTA: http://web.archive.org/web/20120624202103/http://www.warriortalknews.com/2012/06/defending-against-swat-entries-not-what-you-think-it-is.html

1). Don't live in an area where zero'dark thirty SWAT entries are common. Simple. If economic events require you to live there, work as much as you can (you can get by on 4 hours of sleep) and make enough money that you can go live in a normal neighborhood where the Ghetto bird and sirens are a rare event not an hourly thing.

I can hear it now, "Ohhhhh....Gabe is a racist". Whatever. I am past caring what irrelevant people call me. Me....I call myself a realist. Argue with me successfully about how many SWAT entries per capita there are in Bel Air as opposed to Nickerson Gardens. Don't want to have negative contacts with the cops, don't live in the war zones of America. So simple a caveman could figure it out.

And, of course, there's AF's thread on it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381476-Inside-the-mind-of-a-SWAT-cop

PaulConventionWV
06-01-2014, 03:25 PM
If an employee at McDonald's burns a hamburger, they get fired. Police Chief burns a baby, no consequences.

Eh, no they don't. I'm guessing that wasn't your point, though.

LibForestPaul
06-01-2014, 04:39 PM
If they were, they would have mentioned it by now. Color me surprised they didn't go ahead and plant them

The velvet glove is coming off.

kcchiefs6465
06-01-2014, 04:42 PM
The sheriff knew that the child was in the house.

Anti Federalist
06-01-2014, 04:50 PM
The sheriff knew that the child was in the house.

Of course he did, they all knew it.

All this bullshit after the fact is just that, bullshit and crocodile tears.

"Shouldn't have brought their kids to a war zone." - Berserker Friendly

bunklocoempire
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Gun safety!

1. All guns are always loaded.

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are over the target.

4. Be sure of your target and what's behind (and around) it.

...unless you are in a union or you have claimed legal ownership over other men, women, or infants.

I'm a mundane, I'll be over here jumping through your legal hoops, funding your legal hoops (and toys) against my will, and still somehow practicing courage as I voluntarily try to serve and protect my fellow man despite your constant attempts to convince me to do otherwise.

gggrrrrrr :mad:

Anti Federalist
06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Gun safety!

Ya said nuttin' 'bout grenades.

kcchiefs6465
06-01-2014, 05:34 PM

He specifically mentioned that the lady kept her child away from the drug activity when it was occurring.

The CI (piece of shit) told him that there was a child in the house. How else would he know that they kept the child away when the drugs were handled? And this is actually a big point for the drug war zealots. Not only are the charges more serious if done in the presence of a child, they truly and sincerely believe that they are doing said child a favor by abducting their parents, destroying their home and storming the house late night, pointing guns and threatening people.

I don't understand.

Occam's Banana
06-01-2014, 05:46 PM
He specifically mentioned that the lady kept her child away from the drug activity when it was occurring.

The CI (piece of shit) told him that there was a child in the house. How else would he know that they kept the child away when the drugs were handled? And this is actually a big point for the drug war zealots. Not only are the charges more serious if done in the presence of a child, they truly and sincerely believe that they are doing said child a favor by abducting their parents, destroying their home and storming the house late night, pointing guns and threatening people.

I don't understand.

They do not require your understanding. Indeed, they do not even desire it.
They seek only submission to and compliance with their whims and their wills ...

Brian4Liberty
06-01-2014, 06:12 PM

The baby was collateral damage. Couldn't be helped. Have to break a few eggs to make scrambled eggs.

coastie
06-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Here's an extended version of this idiot's original comment. It doesn't look any better for them.

Now, he swears he will "double question" what they are doing next time. Holy jeez this is what gets elected in Georgia counties????

Glad to see the public is actually reacting to this, via phone calls and death threats. GOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozS7kLjZ2Pg

coastie
06-01-2014, 10:27 PM
So, say I decided to light off one of the mortars(firework) I have left over from last year, and toss it in my 11 yr old daughter's room as she sleeps, then claim "there was no indication there was a sleeping child in the bedroom, and next time I do it, I'll double question myself"?

This Sheriff, and his SWAT team needs to be removed from office immediately...preferably via lynch mob.

GunnyFreedom
06-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Take my name down: I'm an enemy to this king. http://glenbradley.net/share/funny/csxspene.jpg M855 cutaway demonstrating carbide penetrator, designed for use against moderately hardened targets.

You would do it again, eh? Let's see you drop a grenade into a baby's crib where I can watch you do it and find out what happens.

coastie
06-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Take my name down: I'm an enemy to this king. http://glenbradley.net/share/funny/csxspene.jpg M855 cutaway demonstrating carbide penetrator, designed for use against moderately hardened targets.

You would do it again, eh? Let's see you drop a grenade into a baby's crib where I can watch you do it and find out what happens.
+rep

A gem from the comments below that video:

Gary White
1 day ago

They won't be feeling bad. They don't care about any of us. They'll say the same shit they say bout kids in war zones,"shouldn't take your kids to a drug house", what's worse for that kid? Being in house where somebody making money non violently, in this era of no jobs, or having military styled goons kick in their front door throwing explosives and pointing assualt weapons? The police who was in on this no knock raid, they live for that shit, there will no remorse from the police. It's the " perpetrators " fault for not leaving toys laid out everywhere
·

UWDude
06-01-2014, 11:39 PM
That kid better not have tried to hurt any of our heros in blue.

Anti Federalist
06-01-2014, 11:44 PM

That's the really stunning aspect of this crime.

I mean, it's not the first time SWAT raiders have grenaded kids or shot them in the face.

It's the "Fuck you, we'll do it again, and just what the fuck do you think you're gonna do about, assholes?!" mindset, right out in the open.

UWDude
06-01-2014, 11:49 PM
The pacifier appeared to be a weapon of some sort, and the juvenile showed intent to harm.

coastie
06-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Jeezus, just when you think it couldn't get any worse, Sheriff Goober opens his mouth, yet again. You can bet the county's attorney had called him by now and told him to shut his trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQKa2VFgcL4

The entered..they inserted a flash bang, then had to push the door on open. When they entered the door, they noticed it was a playpen, or a like a pack and play type device, and there was a young child in the pack and play....They knew that the homeowner's son sold methamphetamine, so they kept the children out of sight in a different room, while any of these goings on were happening. (Reporter: "And you had no way of knowing the family was there?)"...Had no way of knowing the child was in the house, and that baby that was in there, he didn't deserve this.

well, that's odd - I thought you said you had no way of knowing there were children in house?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

( Interesting, because the lawyer says otherwise, that the playpen was actually 6-7 feet away from the door, and it was illogical that they would do that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkMNWbaEig

Keep digging, Sheriff...keep digging.

amy31416
06-02-2014, 01:46 AM

Where do you recommend?

coastie
06-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Where do you recommend?
Not anywhere in America.

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2014, 02:04 AM
Where do you recommend?

http://img2u.info/img/g590c4ded.jpg

http://img2u.info/img/gc42b426e.jpg

http://img2u.info/img/gc8cc20eb.jpg

....maybe.

coastie
06-02-2014, 02:27 AM
http://img2u.info/img/g590c4ded.jpg

http://img2u.info/img/gc42b426e.jpg

http://img2u.info/img/gc8cc20eb.jpg

....maybe.

Now, if only those places has a body of water that was salty nearby...

tod evans
06-02-2014, 04:02 AM
So, say I decided to light off one of the mortars(firework) I have left over from last year, and toss it in my 11 yr old daughter's room as she sleeps, then claim "there was no indication there was a sleeping child in the bedroom, and next time I do it, I'll double question myself"?

This Sheriff, and his SWAT team needs to be removed from office immediately...preferably via lynch mob.

Hear, hear!

ghengis86
06-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Jeezus, just when you think it couldn't get any worse, Sheriff Goober opens his mouth, yet again. You can bet the county's attorney had called him by now and told him to shut his trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQKa2VFgcL4

well, that's odd - I thought you said you had no way of knowing there were children in house?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

( Interesting, because the lawyer says otherwise, that the playpen was actually 6-7 feet away from the door, and it was illogical that they would do that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkMNWbaEig

Keep digging, Sheriff...keep digging.

Yep. They knew without a fucking doubt the kid was there. They've fully admitted as much.

Now, what the hell is anyone going to do about it??

phill4paul
06-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Has Sheriff Goober and his hit squad, you know those poor heartbroken bastards, set up a fund for the babies treatments? Has every hit squad member sacrificed a years pay to help this child? What about the police union? The D.A.s office?

tangent4ronpaul
06-02-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/30/1303231/-When-Are-You-Allowed-to-Toss-a-FlashBang-Grenade-Into-a-Baby-s-Crib#

“The nurse explained it to me. His laceration on his chest is pretty deep, down to the muscle. They can’t close it up yet because all of the charring from the explosion,” Phonesavanh said.
“He still needs help breathing. He’ll need that help for a while. He has a big bruise on his lung from the impact. His lung is useless right now” Phonesavanh added. "As long as we have faith and he's got lots of love, love will make anybody strong."

The Phonesavanh family has hired an attorney who has asked for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to look into the case and immediate suspension of the deputies involved.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
06-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Toddler burned by stun grenade preps for more surgery
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/toddler-severely-injured-stun-grenade-undergo-more/ngBfH/?ref=cbTopWidget

A toddler severely injured in a drug raid will undergo another surgery Monday.
The 19-month-old boy was hurt when a flash bang device went off where he was sleeping.
Community and political leaders gathered at Grady Memorial Hospital on Saturday to support the family.
“We just ask everybody to pray for our child. He’s not doing to good,” said the child’s father, Boun Khan Phonesavanh.
Their attorney and activists asked for action as Bounkham Phonesavanh fights for his life inside Grady’s burn unit.
“This family overnight has become the face of police brutality,” said activist Marcus Coleman.
A Habersham County special response team tossed a flash bang device into the home when a no-knock warrant was being served for Wanis Thonetaheva, 30.
Channel 2 Action News obtained graphic photos of where the device exploded in the toddler’s crib where he was sleeping.
“Police did not alert them of the initial injury. Their child was just taken away,” said the family’s attorney Mawuli Mel Davis.
In an induced coma, the toddler has lost the use of one lung and faces more surgeries.
Habersham County Sheriff’s Office relied on Intel a confidential informant provided that there was no evidence of children at the home, a claim the family disputes.
“They had been in this home for about two months,” said Davis, the family’s attorney. “This is a stay-at-home dad who was out in front of the home, playing with the children on a daily basis. Any surveillance that was done would have revealed there was a father with four children who played in that driveway."
A prayer vigil will be held Monday at noon outside of Grady Memorial Hospital while the child undergoes surgery.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
06-02-2014, 08:57 AM
It looks like the sheriff got recently re-elected with 67% of the vote. about 4,500 votes.

Can Sheriffs get recalled, impeached or fired by the governor or something

Maybe we could start a campaign to pressure Duncan Donuts to refuse service to swat cops or something...

-t

ghengis86
06-02-2014, 11:31 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/30/1303231/-When-Are-You-Allowed-to-Toss-a-FlashBang-Grenade-Into-a-Baby-s-Crib#

“The nurse explained it to me. His laceration on his chest is pretty deep, down to the muscle. They can’t close it up yet because all of the charring from the explosion,” Phonesavanh said.
“He still needs help breathing. He’ll need that help for a while. He has a big bruise on his lung from the impact. His lung is useless right now” Phonesavanh added. "As long as we have faith and he's got lots of love, love will make anybody strong."

The Phonesavanh family has hired an attorney who has asked for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to look into the case and immediate suspension of the deputies involved.

-t

Toddler burned by stun grenade preps for more surgery
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/toddler-severely-injured-stun-grenade-undergo-more/ngBfH/?ref=cbTopWidget

A toddler severely injured in a drug raid will undergo another surgery Monday.
The 19-month-old boy was hurt when a flash bang device went off where he was sleeping.
Community and political leaders gathered at Grady Memorial Hospital on Saturday to support the family.
“We just ask everybody to pray for our child. He’s not doing to good,” said the child’s father, Boun Khan Phonesavanh.
Their attorney and activists asked for action as Bounkham Phonesavanh fights for his life inside Grady’s burn unit.
“This family overnight has become the face of police brutality,” said activist Marcus Coleman.
A Habersham County special response team tossed a flash bang device into the home when a no-knock warrant was being served for Wanis Thonetaheva, 30.
Channel 2 Action News obtained graphic photos of where the device exploded in the toddler’s crib where he was sleeping.
“Police did not alert them of the initial injury. Their child was just taken away,” said the family’s attorney Mawuli Mel Davis.
In an induced coma, the toddler has lost the use of one lung and faces more surgeries.
Habersham County Sheriff’s Office relied on Intel a confidential informant provided that there was no evidence of children at the home, a claim the family disputes.
“They had been in this home for about two months,” said Davis, the family’s attorney. “This is a stay-at-home dad who was out in front of the home, playing with the children on a daily basis. Any surveillance that was done would have revealed there was a father with four children who played in that driveway."
A prayer vigil will be held Monday at noon outside of Grady Memorial Hospital while the child undergoes surgery.

-t

damn it all...that's so fucking terrible for that kid and family. those thugs in uniforms need to FOAD already. only honorable thing would be public hari kari/sepuku (however the fuck you spell it.)

pcosmar
06-02-2014, 12:00 PM
That's the really stunning aspect of this crime.

I mean, it's not the first time SWAT raiders have grenaded kids or shot them in the face.

It's the "Fuck you, we'll do it again, and just what the fuck do you think you're gonna do about, assholes?!" mindset, right out in the open.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10364085_1412620412355531_2211400168560313389_n.jp g

tod evans
06-02-2014, 12:06 PM

Piece of shit reporter!

The God damn thing didn't just "go off" where the baby was sleeping it was intentionally thrown there by one of governments minions who takes tax dollars to fight a war on Americans.

This was pre planned, a conspiracy that has escalated to include even more tax-ticks trying their damndest to justify their existence...

Occam's Banana
06-02-2014, 01:35 PM

Piece of shit reporter!

The God damn thing didn't just "go off" where the baby was sleeping it was intentionally thrown there by one of governments minions who takes tax dollars to fight a war on Americans.

Head of nail, meet whack of hammer. Whack, meet head ...

Recall this bit of euphemistic mumbo-jumbo from the Miriam Carrey case: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/woman-dc-chase-may-have-thought-obama-was-stalking-her-f8C11336291

The police shot at her, and she died a short time later.

Yes, that's exactly how NBC "journalists" reported it!
"The police shot at her, and she died a short time later."

You see, the police did not kill Miriam Carrey. Oh, no, not at all!
They merely "shot at her" - and she just coincidentally happened to die "a short time later."

Likewise with this "flash bang device" that "went off" ...

Cause and effect? The agency of human action? Bah! Who needs 'em?
Certainly not "journalists" - stuff just mysteriously sorta "happens," that's all ...

Philhelm
06-02-2014, 01:51 PM

After last night's episode of Game of Thrones, I'm pretty stoked about ramming thumbs into their eyes and ripping their skulls apart.

Philhelm
06-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Can Sheriffs get recalled, impeached or fired by the governor or something

There are other methods of justice.

devil21
06-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Everyone needs to have a plan to "repel boarders" and the will to execute that plan.

Is that an admiralty law reference?

kcchiefs6465
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
How to protect your career by writing better use-of-force reports

We must change our “less is more” mentality on UOF reports to a “more is more” mindset for the next generation of police officers

Law enforcement officers are trained to document every minute detail in every criminal investigation, incident, or traffic collision. But officers are too frequently failing to appropriately document the application of force — they too often fail to articulate the objective reasonableness of force they used on a subject.

As you know, law enforcement and the use of force is governed by the United States Constitution Fourth Amendment, appropriate state statutes. The reality is that the United States Supreme Court’s interpretation of the Fourth Amendment in Graham v. Connor provided clarity for what is objectively reasonable for the application of force.

This case — and subsequent decisions — allows for a lot of latitude with the lawful (objectively reasonable) application of force, but officers routinely short change their efforts with the application of force in their reports. We must change our “less is more” mentality on UOF reports to a “more is more” mindset for the next generation of police officers.

Telling Your Story

Police professionals are excellent at describing interactions between a suspect and victim. We tell their story well, but we rarely share our story in full. Our story of a violent encounter —of why the suspect forced us to use force to control any situation — is important and we need to learn how to share it.

For example, a police use of force report form limits the story telling of the incident in which force was applied. This type of report allows for quick reference and but it does not allow for a full telling of your story. Details are lost, memories fade, and by the time civil litigation comes around, we’re often left to wonder “what did those check marks really mean?” or “what are the chicken scratches on the paper?”

The story of an application of force needs to be as detailed as possible — detail protects everyone, even the subject. The absence of details allows for conjuncture and speculation that any civil attorney can use create problems for you during litigation and depositions.

I contend “too much detail” does not create problems — it allows for a richer picture of the incident, and allows for fuller, more rich memory recall. A good report can clearly describe the whys and hows of an application of force.

Telling the Subject’s Story

As a police officer there is also a need to demonstrate in writing, the subject’s actions, all of their actions. The subject’s actions, reactions, comments, statements, verbal utterances, and physical features are important because it sets the stage for the application of force.

The lack of details about the subject again creates a void of information, which cannot be filled once the report has been submitted, and a 1983 suit has been filed. As a police officer, you only get one chance at it. How longer after an incident can the civil suit be filed?

Storytelling Suggestions

When you write a use of force report, start with the call for service. Describe what was going on in your mind, what the traffic conditions were, whether or not any other officers were responding, whether you had prior contact with the suspect in the past. Include the location of the crime, and obviously any information related to crime — weapons or presence of other people at the scene. This sets the stage for preparing for the contact.

Reflect back on the scene. Document your observations, interactions, comments, discussions, reactions, threats, and factors generally known as “the totality of circumstances.” Continue to document your decisions and justification for selection of a specific weapon or force option.

Understanding how to document objective reasonableness is relatively easy. The practical side of doing the documentation is not that easy!

Officers, recruits and FTO’s tell people the old street philosophy that less is more, but that adage needs to change. In UOF reports the “more is more” tactic protects the officer. We need to understand that telling our stories is how we protect ourselves!

Conclusion

Without a fully written narrative of the incident that including reasons, decisions, and actions, juries and armchair quarterbacks alike will introduce conjecture and speculation. The “experts” who weren’t there during the tense and rapidly unfolding incident will opine on the reasonableness of your actions.

So just tell a complete story. You need to put them into your shoes, your decision-making process.
hxxp://www.policeone.com/police-jobs-and-careers/articles/7243142-How-to-protect-your-career-by-writing-better-use-of-force-reports

Brought to you by the fascists at policeone.

http://i.imgur.com/Ga3x2mX.png?1

Anti Federalist
06-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Has Sheriff Goober and his hit squad, you know those poor heartbroken bastards, set up a fund for the babies treatments? Has every hit squad member sacrificed a years pay to help this child? What about the police union? The D.A.s office?

As kcchiefs6465 stated, I'd be happy with outpourings of SWLODs from the assembled police forces of this country.

We are all waiting...

Anti Federalist
06-02-2014, 06:47 PM
The “experts” who weren’t there during the tense and rapidly unfolding incident will opine on the reasonableness of your actions.

Throwing a grenade into a building where you suspect a meth lab, and thus, explosive vapors, to be present, and instead blowing a toddler's face off, when any due diligence at all would have shown there to be children present at the premises of the raid, that you and your asshole buddies were going to destroy, is not, by any fucking stretch of the imagination, "reasonable".

I concur...FOAD, just fucking FOAD already.

phill4paul
06-02-2014, 06:53 PM
As kcchiefs6465 stated, I'd be happy with outpourings of SWLODs from the assembled police forces of this country.

We are all waiting...

I'm sure that by the end of the week we are gonna see some real push back from those in the L.E. community to demand some major changes to the S.O.P. that seemed to have passed muster in this incident. These heroes are protecting and serving. They are real busy. We just need to give them some time to express their opinions on this incident.

kcchiefs6465
06-02-2014, 07:33 PM

We are all waiting...
I personally would like just one. It would show me that I can't "collectivize" (:rolleyes:) LE any longer. They murder people routinely, not one speaks out. The couple that have have been black balled/thrown in a mental institution/their lives threatened.

And we have law enforcement members on this site.

Where is a public condemnation for no knock raids? Or are, as is admitted quite regularly, drugs a source of revenue that could not be given up (without the dismissal of officers)?

Has this baby burner even offered the department's prayers? He asked for prayers, for himself and the child but did he ever offer condolences or a word of apology? He's offered justifications and even blatant "I'd do it again"-s but has he offered a single unselfish thought?

I know I'm preaching to the choir but these people who go out of their way to defend these fucking fascists are sickening. They're silent now, after a baby was blown up. But day in and day out as these things were occurring all that was chimed or parroted, rather, was they're people same as people are people. Forgive me for being frank, but if these assholes can't step outside of their profession and blue code when a baby is blown up, they aren't people.

This and the few sheep in Keene remind me of that Larken Rose excerpt. "Close it, Close it." It's depressing.

tod evans
06-02-2014, 08:21 PM
They've circled their wagons but the citizenry has 'em surrounded...

Question is do they get another pass?

Anti Federalist
06-02-2014, 09:03 PM
From the PoliceOne posts above:

Assert the same rights the POS criminals get

No, asshole, the same rights ALL OF US HAVE.

Mani
06-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Piece of shit reporter!

This was pre planned, a conspiracy that has escalated to include even more tax-ticks trying their damndest to justify their existence...

THis is fucking pissing me off as well.

There are enough absolutely disgusting things in this case. With the one guy saying, "We'd do it again." and the fact that they are blaming the family for blowing up a kid, etc.

of course I would expect the men in blue to behave that way.

Yet I shouldn't be surprised the media is playing games and twisting words, but it still bugs the fuck out of me!

If some criminals did this the headlines would be horrific about a drug dealer blowing up a kid and ban assault rifles. " Ruthless Drug Dealer attacks home and throws grenade in child's crib! Horrifically child's face and chest were blown off, child in coma."

But it's a cop, so a distraction device went off.

Give me a fucking break. Cops threw a grenade in the equivalent of a fucking crib and blew up a baby's face, yet "a distraction device went off"

Like a lead projectile happened to puncture someone. When really a cop shot a guy in the stomach 5 feet away.

This shit pisses me off. There's so much fucking fail, so much disgusting shit in this story, and the media has to pile on top of it?? Play their fucking games as well? Fuck. Just fuck. Piece of shit media, who wrote that fucking shit has no soul. The cops in this case don't give a fuck if there is a or isn't a child in the home. That's the truth. They just don't give a fuck, and call it a war zone. Casualty of war. I hope that kid haunts their fucking dreams for the rest of their god damn fucking lives. Everytime they close their eyes they see the kid they blew up in their head. They can convince themselves, the public, and each other that they did no wrong, but subconsciously they know it's their fault. They know they blew up a kid for no good reason. Besides rotting in hell, I want these men to be mentally fucking tortured every damn night.

Henry Rogue
06-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Reading through this thread is frustrating. Money is tight, but I would be willing to chip in to start a law suit against the Grenadier and his cohorts. Money better spent than on a politician, IMO. I don't know how those things work or if it can be done, but if a bunch of Seattle cops can sue the DOJ, I don't see why people from all fifty states can't sue a county Sheriff . Pipe dream I suppose.

devil21
06-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Repelling Boarders

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/sail-tactics4.htm

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2014, 02:08 AM
From the PoliceOne posts above:

No, asshole, the same rights ALL OF US HAVE.
You have no rights if you don't have the weaponry to defend them, mundane. Because fuck you, that's why. /officer friendly

Uriel999
06-03-2014, 04:04 AM
I am having a hard time over here in the Stan reading about this shit back home.

tod evans
06-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Where is a public condemnation for no knock raids? Or are, as is admitted quite regularly, drugs a source of revenue that could not be given up (without the dismissal of officers)?

You've hit it on the head....

The "It's for the children" meme is true............Just not your children!

The children of the "Just-Us" department employees are extra-special and in that vein their parents are entitled to blow-up, maim, and even kill citizens and their children to extract tax-dollars in their glorified welfare scheme of government "employment"....

mrsat_98
06-03-2014, 05:43 AM
You've hit it on the head....

The "It's for the children" meme is true............Just not your children!

The children of the "Just-Us" department employees are extra-special and in that vein their parents are entitled to blow-up, maim, and even kill citizens and their children to extract tax-dollars in their glorified welfare scheme of government "employment"....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again. twice this am