PDA

View Full Version : McConnell's Suprising New Position On Obamacare

Brian4Liberty
05-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Must be time for the General Election...

Since winning his primary, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — the man who has repeatedly voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act “root and branch” — is embracing key tenets of reform, which has provided health care coverage to hundreds of thousands of Kentuckians.

Speaking to reporters last week, McConnell reiterated his support for repealing the ACA, but suggested that the state’s health exchange, established with $252 million in federal grants, should not be dismantled. Campaign manager Jesse Benton and other campaign advisers later doubled down on the claim and went even further, arguing that Kentucky should also maintain the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid.

The state has been a model for effective Affordable Care Act implementation, enrolling over 400,000 people in health insurance coverage since October.

“Obamacare loosened eligibility requirements for Medicaid recipients, and in the process, helped find many who were already eligible but no enrolled,” Benton told the Washington Post. “These people would remain eligible even after a repeal. The federal government does allow states flexibility in setting requirements and Kentucky could be able to keep many of the newly enrolled in the program if we decided to.”
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2014/05/29/3442576/republicans-obamacare-mcconnell/

nobody's_hero
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Highlight with cursor below to reveal my true feelings on this revelation:

I hope the GOP chokes on McConnell's wrinkly old ***k, as long as they spit the semen back out so Benton can drink it.

True story.

brushfire
05-30-2014, 03:56 PM

True story.

Old guard "felchers"...

Brett85
05-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Rand has basically said the same thing.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/05/31/3443519/rand-paul-suddenly-unsure-if-obamacare-should-be-completely-repealed/

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Cable TV monkeys.

Danke
05-31-2014, 10:35 PM
"Campaign manager Jesse Benton and other campaign advisers later doubled down on the claim and went even further, arguing that Kentucky should also maintain the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid."

questions?

jclay2
05-31-2014, 10:46 PM
I havn't kept up with all the Jesse Benton news, but I find this disgusting:

Campaign manager Jesse Benton and other campaign advisers later doubled down on the claim and went even further, arguing that Kentucky should also maintain the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid.

invisible
05-31-2014, 10:50 PM
"Campaign manager Jesse Benton and other campaign advisers later doubled down on the claim and went even further, arguing that Kentucky should also maintain the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid."

questions?

How could he possibly say this with a straight face? Perhaps the benton bashers have been right all along.

kathy88
05-31-2014, 10:54 PM
How could he possibly say this with a straight face?

Because he's not one of us and never has been for $400 Alex...

puppetmaster
05-31-2014, 11:50 PM

True story.

Is that santorum?

Anti Federalist
06-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Campaign manager Jesse Benton and other campaign advisers later doubled down on the claim and went even further, arguing that Kentucky should also maintain the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid.

Looolllllooooooollllooooooooo...

The Collinz approves.

Danke
06-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Looolllllooooooollllooooooooo...

The Collinz approves.

I guess I should be grateful to RP's security detail that kept me away from Benton in 2008.