PDA

View Full Version : Strange: "Is the USGOV Extorting Banks?"

TNforPaul45
05-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Not sure what to think about this one. . . The banks (domestically and globally) are involved in government and lobbying through mercantilism for sure, but it seems like Obama's DOJ is attempting to go after them for cash to "look tough" on the eeeevil 1% and rich bankers. Election 2016 move or the State's left hand doesn't know what the right is doing?

The rapidly escalating price tag for French bank BNP Paribas (BNP:FP) to resolve a criminal investigation into its dealings with sanctioned countries highlights how little leverage some banks have in negotiations with the U.S. government.

The most recent potential fine, reported by the Wall Street Journal, is $10 billion, which would be accompanied by a guilty plea.

. . .

“I’m not saying it’s technically extortion,” former prosecutor Douglas Burns said on Bloomberg Television last week. “But it is a gradation.” He later added: “You can destroy a company just by charging them.”

ht tp://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-05-30/is-the-u-dot-s-dot-government-extorting-the-banks

Acala
05-30-2014, 12:59 PM
I don't think the world is so simple that it can be understood as a monolithic international banking conglomerate pulling the strings of all governments all the time. There are complicated, shifting factions, alliances, conflicts, and power hierarchies. And as the grand scam comes under pressure (all cons unravel eventually) the fractures start to widen.

TNforPaul45
06-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Progressives in power will always act in a hypocritical manner if it will further their agenda and gain them more power in any form. They care not for truth or freedom. I do not know how much or to what extent the global banking system exerts power over the strings of rule in our government and our government-run market, but I know that they do have some influence. And due to this, the progressives in power (in both parties) will always pander to them on the one hand, and "swat" at them with the other. That way, the big deals go down making the money-influencers happy, while the mass of voters see that "oh, so and so is tough on those evil big banks that 'stole our money' from us" and nonsense like that. That is the real scam :)

oyarde
06-01-2014, 11:37 PM
The US govt is always extorting

heavenlyboy34
06-01-2014, 11:50 PM
I don't think the world is so simple that it can be understood as a monolithic international banking conglomerate pulling the strings of all governments all the time. There are complicated, shifting factions, alliances, conflicts, and power hierarchies. And as the grand scam comes under pressure (all cons unravel eventually) the fractures start to widen.
This is a good point. Global bankers tend to act like mafiosi...and have various disputes like mafiosi. Ya never know...the Capo of one national bank might occasionally put a hit on another one.