PDA

View Full Version : Cop Shoots At Teen Couple After Finding Them Kissing In A Car

green73
05-29-2014, 09:42 AM
TULSA, Okla. –A Tulsa Public Schools police officer is on paid leave for firing his gun at a car in which teens were messing around.

It happened over the weekend on the campus of Eliot Elementary School near 36th Street and South Peoria Avenue.

It started with a confrontation.

“Two young people probably doing something that they shouldn’t have been doing in the parking lot,” TPS official Chris Payne said.

Payne said their officer went to the car and started asking questions, but the driver didn’t want to answer.

“[He] tried to get away in the car, and apparently [the officer] shot at the vehicle,” Payne told FOX23.

TPS has turned the investigation over to the Tulsa Police Department.

Detectives said there is evidence to show the officer did indeed shoot and hit the car one time in the back left tire.

The two kids weren’t around when TPD arrived on scene Sunday, but detectives were able to find and talk to one of them about the incident.

The 17-year-old boy told investigators he just wanted to leave, and that was the reason he drove off.

The officer said he felt threatened by that move and fired the shot.

Payne emphasized his officer’s right to the gun.

“Our police officers are all CLEET certified, so they are real police officers,” Payne said.

However, he said criminal investigators will have to decide if he used that gun the right way.

Justified or not, the school district said the kids had no right being on their property.

“We have really sound security. It would really be unwise to be doing anything after hours,” Payne said.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Police-investigate-shot-fired-by-Tulsa-Public/qxHtUrUnik2D2lSeYHJSGA.cspx

Red Green
05-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Officer followed policy. If he had followed policy BETTER, we would have had at least one fatality. He will be reprimanded and given more range time to make sure he hits his target next time.

dannno
05-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Remember the 50s?

Problem: You live with your parents and so does your girlfriend so you have to make out in your car. You need privacy so you find an empty lot or a scenic overlook away from town.

Solution: Everything's cool

Problem: The war on drugs begins. Young kids begin using these same out of the way places to smoke cannabis, drink and use other illicit substances. These lots must be shut down at night!

Solution: Shoot 'em all.

jkr
05-29-2014, 09:47 AM
“We have really sound security. It would really be unwise to be doing anything after hours,” Payne said.

sounds like someone thinks he is an occupying force...

DEATH
PANELS!

phill4paul
05-29-2014, 09:52 AM
I so feared for my life, as the vehicle was moving away from me, I had to shoot at it. :rolleyes:

asurfaholic
05-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Wtf this is insane.

Danke
05-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Hopefully these teens learned a valuable lesson.

tod evans
05-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Hopefully these teens learned a valuable lesson.

When approached by a uniformed thug always shoot first out of "fear"....

UWDude
05-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Officer Roger Elliot? Is that you?

aGameOfThrones
05-29-2014, 10:58 AM
INB4 the ones in that other thread(SCOTUS approves shooting in chases) justify this.

specsaregood
05-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Remember the 50s?
Problem: You live with your parents and so does your girlfriend so you have to make out in your car. You need privacy so you find an empty lot or a scenic overlook away from town.
Solution: Everything's cool
Problem: The war on drugs begins. Young kids begin using these same out of the way places to smoke cannabis, drink and use other illicit substances. These lots must be shut down at night!
Solution: Shoot 'em all.

50's? Sheeeit. That was still cool into the mid-90's at least. "9/11 changed everything" -- now we all gotta have blueballs like dem terrorists.

Occam's Banana
05-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Justified or not, the [public] school district said the kids had no right being on their property.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So just calm the hell down, everybody!
You see, this is really just about property rights.
You're not opposed to property rights, are you?

I didn't think so ...

Brian4Liberty
05-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Contempt of rent-a-cop. Punishment: Death.

Tod
05-29-2014, 01:22 PM
"You WILL comply or I will do anything and everything up to and including shooting and killing you if that is what it takes to obtain your compliance."

acptulsa
05-29-2014, 01:28 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So just calm the hell down, everybody!
You see, this is really just about property rights.
You're not opposed to property rights, are you?

I didn't think so ...

No, I'm not. And I'm definitely not calm about this.

You see, this fucking animal did this on my property.

CaptUSA
05-29-2014, 01:39 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/53/5310d97511d44deabd58e4fda22b08dd7872ceadede7e1ecb4 9cc29ce8f07694.jpg

Philhelm
05-29-2014, 01:50 PM
When approached by a uniformed thug always shoot first out of "fear"....

Not for fear. For justice.

FindLiberty
05-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Now that a PDA is considered to be yet another threat to officer safety,
Valentine's Day may turn into a bloody massacre!

Safety first: Always get a room.
And, if you see something, say something.

Take some pictures too!

moostraks
05-29-2014, 02:58 PM
No, I'm not. And I'm definitely not calm about this.

You see, this fucking animal did this on my property.

And if they would like to go for that private property routine by all means please do, but they better stop sending me the bills and I expect a payout for all the money they have extorted from me to support them previous to this.

Root
05-29-2014, 03:19 PM
All they needed to do was to get the proper dating permit with a kissing extension.

Problem solved /s

Spikender
05-29-2014, 03:33 PM
The officer felt threatened by two horny teens driving away from him?

Jesus, what a bunch of scared little pussies.

But actually, I'm sure the officers aren't always scared in these cases. They just know that that justification will always cover their ass so they use it as an excuse to punish mundanes who do things they don't like. The officer obviously was jealous that a boy so much younger than him was getting some, so he had to teach that boy some manners through a little lead injection.

RJB
05-29-2014, 04:30 PM
I hope the hero is alright. He may need a disability check for PTSD after firing at the terrorists.

DamianTV
05-29-2014, 04:30 PM
I think one of the real problems is that many Cops have literally become addicted to the adrenaline rush that typically occurs with Conflict. The problem is that it is a diminishing return, so the Cop needs to find more and more dangerous situations to get that same high, and may even resort to trying to create Conflict where none exists, just to get their fix.

RJB
05-29-2014, 04:47 PM
I think one of the real problems is that many Cops have literally become addicted to the adrenaline rush that typically occurs with Conflict. The problem is that it is a diminishing return, so the Cop needs to find more and more dangerous situations to get that same high, and may even resort to trying to create Conflict where none exists, just to get their fix.

That is true and add to the unions defending them. Add to their type A personalities and the desire to be a hero and 1 up the other cops and we have a bunch of ticking time bombs.

otherone
05-29-2014, 06:24 PM
criminal investigators will have to decide if he used that gun the right way.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvPmZXaDyphrnnyExT6o9993ZQoTMRt CIGkh2RptNTbrvq2eUX

Henry Rogue
05-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Teenage lovebirds did this to themselves.

UWDude
05-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Officer Roger Elliot? Is that you?

Ill try again:

Officer Elliot Rodger, is that you?

Mani
05-29-2014, 09:56 PM
The officer felt threatened by two horny teens driving away from him?

Jesus, what a bunch of scared little pussies.

But actually, I'm sure the officers aren't always scared in these cases. They just know that that justification will always cover their ass so they use it as an excuse to punish mundanes who do things they don't like. The officer obviously was jealous that a boy so much younger than him was getting some, so he had to teach that boy some manners through a little lead injection.

Yes, he's pissed someone is enjoying life so he has to screw it up. And then the kid committed the worst sin ever.

DON'T YOU FUCKING LEAVE WHEN I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU! YOU GODDAMN FUCKING MAGGOT! YOU CAN LEAVE WHEN I TELL YOU TO LEAVE!! **BLAM!**

Oh ya..I feared for my safety....

MRK
05-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I so feared for my life, as the vehicle was moving away from me, I had to shoot at it. :rolleyes:

Cop logic.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Officer opens fire on teenage couple caught ‘messing around’ in school parking lot

Secrecy shrouds the shooting at a pair of minors.

Posted on June 11, 2014 by Site Staff in News

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/officer-opens-fire-teenage-couple-caught-messing-around-school-parking-lot/

TULSA, OK — Two teens sharing a private moment in a school parking lot were chased away in a hail of gunfire by an armed campus cop.

The disturbing incident took place when a boy and girl parked in the darkened lot of Eliot Elementary School at 1:30 a.m. on May 25th. The overnight patrol officer saw the car and initiated a confrontation.

The teens were caught “doing something that they shouldn’t have been doing” according to Chris Payne, an official from Tulsa Public Schools (TPS). The officer demanded the embarrassed teens produce identification and started asking questions that they reportedly did not want to answer.

The young male, 17, evaded the questions when he allegedly tried to drive away. In response, the TPS officer drew his weapon and opened fire. The vehicle was struck in the rear left tire but neither of the teens were hit.

The officer claimed his life was somehow in danger from the motion of the vehicle. It is unclear how attempting to kill a driver while a vehicle is moving could have improved his safety. Even if the officer succeeded in killing the driver, the vehicle would have kept moving and the supposed threat would continue to exist. Shooting at moving vehicles is categorically irresponsible in nearly every circumstance.

Mr. Payne had to sheepishly explain that campus cops “are real police officers” complete with guns and officer certifications.

The teens were tracked down by investigators to get their side of the story. The boy talked to police: “He was kind of in a situation he didn’t want to be in so his 17- year- old reaction was to just leave,” explained TPD Sgt. Walker, who helped investigate the case.

As if the shooting were not disturbing enough, the investigation is being shrouded in secrecy, and the officer who fired his weapon is being allowed to remain anonymous. All we know about the officer at this point is that he or she is on paid administrative leave.

When the people are not allowed to know the names of their own public servants, particularly the ones who misbehave, it is tantamount to living under a secret police force. The secrecy is repugnant and only a public outcry can change it.