PDA

View Full Version : Will Virginia GOPs be fooled?

Brian4Liberty
05-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Kabuki Theater for the ignorant masses in Virginia. Cantor and friends have no shame. They lie straight faced to the voters and claim to be the exact opposite of what they really are.

Will Virginia GOPs be fooled?
But Cantor’s primary loyalty is to Cantor. (Does anyone think he passionately cares one way or another about immigration?) He’s never been overwhelmingly popular in his district, and he’s now facing a serious primary challenge from economist Dave Brat, who’s bashing him (accurately) as soft on amnesty. Part 1 of Cantor’s reelection plan has been a sleazy negative TV hit on Brat as “liberal” for serving on an obscure economic-forecasting board under a Democratic as well as a Republican governor. (That service makes me think better of Brat–he’s not some flake who just walked in off the street, though at this point I’d take a flake off the street.) Part II of the plan is the attempt to convince primary voters that Cantor is a valiant foe of amnesty — even though the reality of his role in Congress is pretty much the opposite (i.e., trying to smuggle amnesty through the Republican caucus).
OK, maybe there are some subtle things going on here, in the Kabuki space. Rep. Luis Gutierrez, the Dems’ most flamboyant pro-amnesty crusader, has announced plans to hold a pro-legalization event in Cantor’s Richmond, Virginia ‘backyard’ tomorrow. This comes after other amnesty advocates decided to denounce Cantor by name as “the No. 1 guy standing between the American people and immigration reform.” It sure looks like Gutierrez (who has, after all, gone on tour with Cantor in support of immigration reform) and his allies realize that a shocking Cantor primary defeat would effectively kill off amnesty this year. So they’ve gone into action to help their friend win by setting him up as an anti-amnesty giant — a message that conveniently dovetails with Cantor’s mailer. It’s almost as if they have meetings to plan these things!
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/27/will-virginia-gops-be-fooled/

fisharmor
05-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Well, here's one Virginian who fully recognizes that with runaway inflation, more foreign wars than we can track at this point, daily stories of police abuse, and exploding debt, worrying about whether the guy cutting your grass has paperwork is just about the most asinine distraction they could possibly imagine right now.

AuH20
05-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Amnesty would officially signal the end of the political process in this country. Our already limited options would shrink even further. And it really sticks in my craw how ruthless these Cantor people are, instead of standing by their so-called convictions.

fisharmor
05-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Ok, so just so I understand your nonsensical opinion as well as I can understand a nonsensical opinion, let me ask for clarity on something.

Do any of these amnesty options include voter registration?

If so, which ones?

If not, how does this affect anything other than whether or not these people spend their days in terror?

Brian4Liberty
05-27-2014, 01:47 PM
The main point of this thread is that Cantor is lying to the people and he's doing this with the help of establishment Democrats.

Southron
05-27-2014, 02:32 PM
No doubt amnesty is a precursor to granting citizenship.

Cantor cant be honest about his true beliefs. He knows he would be thrown out of office.

Brian4Liberty
05-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Related:

http://pjmedia.com/blog/rep-gutierrez-d-il-spokesman-were-aware-of-cantors-anti-amnesty-mailer/

Brian4Liberty
05-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Democratic amnesty fan Luis Gutierrez helping Eric Cantor get reelected (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/05/28/democratic-amnesty-fan-luis-gutierrez-helping-eric-cantor-get-reelected-in-order-to-protect-immigration-reform/)