PDA

View Full Version : New York Daily News Demonstrates the Art of Using Tragedy to Push Gun Control

No1butPaul
05-27-2014, 09:40 AM
The first installment of the series, by Mike Pupica, already lays the groundwork for looking past the three stabbing deaths and focusing solely on the three shooting deaths. As Pupica demonstrates, those seeking to push gun control often add the gunman's death in with the number of "innocent people" who were shot and killed; he lists the number of people killed with a gun as four instead of three.

Pupica bemoans, at length, a so-called lack of gun control while ignoring the fact that California has some of the strictest gun control laws of any state in the country.

http://www.breitbart.com/mediaserver/19330F453DF448C9AF7115B0ACBE6779.jpg?h=800&w=640

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/05/26/New-York-Daily-News-Blazes-Path-For-Others-To-Follow-In-Pursuit-Of-Gun-Control

jtap
05-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Pupica bemoans, at length, a so-called lack of gun control while ignoring the fact that California has some of the strictest gun control laws of any state in the country.

Agenda doesn't care about logic.

jonhowe
05-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Also a responsible knife owner.

Red Green
05-28-2014, 09:46 AM
I can't believe they let him drive a car without a background check and a waiting period.

Antischism
05-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Blaming the gun, much like blaming video games or movies, is a scapegoat to avoid having to think critically and examine the real issues that may lead to a person snapping and going on a killing spree. The lack of research in the mental health field, over/under/mis-prescribing drugs for said issues, upbringing, bad parenting, lack of social skills due to homeschooling (if his parents didn't allow for him to go out with friends or he had none), bullying, etc. are all things that could contribute. It needs to be examined thoroughly, but these people want to politicize everything, both Republicans and Democrats, just to ride their agendas on the back of a tragedy.

roho76
05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Why didn't they highlight the "cops said he was fine" part and change it to "cops, with guns, incompetently said he was fine?"

mad cow
05-28-2014, 10:55 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/mediaserver/19330F453DF448C9AF7115B0ACBE6779.jpg?h=800&w=640

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/05/26/New-York-Daily-News-Blazes-Path-For-Others-To-Follow-In-Pursuit-Of-Gun-Control

Is that a left-handed Sig Sauer on the left?I'd pay good money for one of them if they existed.

Root
05-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Why didn't they highlight the "cops said he was fine" part and change it to "cops, with guns, incompetently said he was fine?"
That's exactly what I was thinking. +rep

AuH20
05-28-2014, 11:09 AM
How did Eliott kill so many with just 10 round clips? ROFL

Acala
05-28-2014, 11:16 AM
The easy availability of guns enraged him into stabbing people to death.

asurfaholic
05-28-2014, 11:19 AM

Because cops are never wrong.

Oh wait

Red Green
05-28-2014, 01:45 PM
His father must be up for douche of the year. He goes on to blame the gun lobby and video game makers. Someone should have fucking thrown a damn brick at his head, asshole. Do what Lanza's father did: shut the fuck up and crawl into a hole.

AuH20
05-28-2014, 01:51 PM
They were supposedly deep in debt:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/27/justice/california-elliot-rodger-wealth/

It's funny that I live in a relatively affluent area and you would probably mistake me for a common street person by my spartan appearance, but I am completely debt free and then some. I possess some nice things but choose not to flaunt them. But to further illustrate my point, there are people living in this affluent neighborhood who are accumulating massive debt so as to simply masquerade the illusion that they are somebody. It really is pathetic.

fisharmor
05-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Well, with a general ban on guns, he'd have been able to just go find the right girl and rape her.
Problem solved.
/liberal logic

Acala
05-28-2014, 02:03 PM
His father must be up for douche of the year. He goes on to blame the gun lobby and video game makers. Someone should have fucking thrown a damn brick at his head, asshole. Do what Lanza's father did: shut the fuck up and crawl into a hole.

It is hard to imagine a greater personal tragedy than this for the killer's father. And, because it must include agonizing self-recrimination, I can understand the impulse to find blame anywhere but in the mirror. But, really, man-up guy. Don't be a blubbering pansy making a fool of yourself uttering hysterical nonsequiturs.

AuH20
05-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, with a general ban on guns, he'd have been able to just go find the right girl and rape her.
Problem solved.
/liberal logic

Did you also read that he was obsessed with winning the lottery? This was your typical liberal detached from reality thinking that the world owed him something. Now I'm not saying that the world is just because it isn't, but you have to be completely deranged to arrive at such a fantastical conclusion.

CPUd
05-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Is that a left-handed Sig Sauer on the left?I'd pay good money for one of them if they existed.

No. It's had the horizontal flip. They just blurred out the brand.

DamianTV
05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Mental Illness is as much of a Crime where penalties result in periods of imprisonment as being a Vet or Unemployed. Their idea of "Mental Health" and "Mental Illness" is about equivilant to making up a string of words that sounds like it could be a mental disorder then prescribing a pill as the only viable solution, and return to placing blame on the "Sick". The real sickness that exists in this country is the quality of Mental Health Care, and health care, period. Schools spend years teaching children how to do math, but you can graduate with an 8 year degree (and loads of debt) having never learned a single basic thing about Self Esteem. Why? Because the System is designed around creating Dependancies in people and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

BTW, I apparently also suffer from the Mental Disorder of "Throw Up from Smell of Baby Vomit Disorder", as well as a plethora of other total bullshit conditions. Like Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

And for the record, his victims probably didnt have an ounce of self esteem either.

(Not trying to defend his actions, or place any blame on his victims, just state that I believe the actions are the result of behaviors and states amplified by damn near everything in our society.)

2young2vote
05-28-2014, 08:44 PM
But the media has no agenda and we are not absorbing ideals through the media! My rosy cheeks are burning!

Spikender
05-28-2014, 08:46 PM
I bet there was a betting ring somewhere about how long it would be before this event was politicized.

We should probably ban knives with thirty magazine clips, can't have people running around stabbing people with the shoulder thing that goes up.

DamianTV
06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Know what kills more people than Guns every year? Oddly enough, it isnt knives, its Hammers. Thus, Govt will focus on death by papercut and the choking hazards of car tires.