PDA

View Full Version : 101 Year Old Veteran Robbed at Gunpoint Memorial Day Weekend

DamianTV
05-27-2014, 04:17 AM
http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/101-year-old-Veteran-robbed-at-gunpoint-Memorial/6xRxyxDwGUO0Iz22A9QTYA.cspx

ARSON CITY, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- This Memorial Day Weekend, one of Northern Nevada’s oldest veterans was allegedly robbed and held at gun point in his Carson City home.

World War II and Air Force veteran Jim Sorentino lives alone with a caretaker. He’s 101-years-old, and he said in his lifetime, he has never experienced anything like this home invasion.

He said it was around 5 a.m. on Sunday when two men kicked in a rear-garage door, and forced their way into Sorentino’s home in a gated community on Canvasback Drive. They held him and his female caretaker at gun point.

"The older one, the bigger one, carried a gun. Kept waving it around," said Sorentino.

He said he has never seen anyone so scared. Sorentino said the two men invaded the home, demanding cash. "They kept asking for the safe. Of course, I don't have any safe."

Instead, the suspects ransacked the home and Sorentino said they made out with a wristwatch, a pocket knife and a wallet he uses for identification. "The fold into that wallet was some money," said Sorentino. "About 30 dollars."

The Carson City Sheriff's Office is actively investigating the case and is looking for two suspects. "They're either black or Hispanic males; adult males," said Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong. "One 5-7, the other 5-4. Wearing, what you might want to say, dark clothing, but not wholly distinguishable."

I wish these two assholes would just call the cops on themselves and not put anyone elses lives at risk.

Theres a video interview of this guy. He did not seem as if he had the cognative abilities to understand what a gun was any more, let alone use one for self defense. His caretaker has no excuse.

Guess this is what passes for Freedom anymore. 'murika! Fuck Yeah!

SMH

oyarde
05-27-2014, 08:46 AM
http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/101-year-old-Veteran-robbed-at-gunpoint-Memorial/6xRxyxDwGUO0Iz22A9QTYA.cspx

I wish these two assholes would just call the cops on themselves and not put anyone elses lives at risk.

Theres a video interview of this guy. He did not seem as if he had the cognative abilities to understand what a gun was any more, let alone use one for self defense. His caretaker has no excuse.

Guess this is what passes for Freedom anymore. 'murika! Fuck Yeah!

SMH
I agree , if you are stupid enough to risk prison over $30 , you should turn yourself in .

James Madison
05-27-2014, 02:21 PM
I hear booby-traps work well.

kcchiefs6465
05-28-2014, 12:06 AM
What a coincidence.

I was robbed on Memorial Day too.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2014, 01:33 AM
There is a pair that desperately need to come down with cancer of the ass.

DamianTV
05-28-2014, 02:18 AM
What a coincidence.

I was robbed on Memorial Day too.

What happened?

I had my car broken into and shit stolen on more than one memorial day for me...

HOLLYWOOD
05-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Some good news: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25643250/two-men-arrested-in-robbery-of-100-year-old-veteran

Two men arrested in robbery of 100-year-old veteran Posted: May 29, 2014 11:12 AM PST Updated: May 29, 2014 11:12 AM PST By Caroline Bleakley, Senior Online Editor - email

(cbleakley@8newsnow.com?body=http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25643250/two-men-arrested-in-robbery-of-100-year-old-veteran)

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- Two people have been arrested in the robbery of a 100-year-old Carson City veteran at his home over the Memorial Day weekend.
Authorities say two men forced their way into Jim Sorentino's home on Sunday looking for a non-existent safe. Sorentino says they fled with a wristwatch, pocketknife and wallet worth about $30.

One of the men, 27-year-old Robert Hernandez, was arrested Wednesday on a probation violation. Authorities say he later was identified as a suspect in the robbery.

The second man, 24-year-old Jordan Burkhart, was picked up by police in Sparks after a short foot chase.

Bail for the men has been set at $250,000 each.

Sorentino lives alone with a caretaker in a gated community. Authorities say the caretaker was held at gunpoint during the robbery.

James Madison
05-30-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm sure these men will live be housed, clothed, and fed for the next 20 years...all at taxpayer's expense.