PDA

View Full Version : College Students Overwhelmingly Pick Hillary Over Rand Paul

AuH20
05-26-2014, 08:55 AM
And probably know very little about each respective's platform to boot. :D

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/24/2016-Poll-Hillary-Crushes-Rand-Paul-Jeb-Bush-Among-College-Students

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1046/6456/original.jpg?w=600&h

William Tell
05-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Good comment below the article:

"2016 Poll: Hillary Crushes Rand Paul, Jeb Bush Among The Indoctrinated"

There, I fixed the headline. This poll is meaningless. It is not a poll of students. It is a poll of college professors. (Yes, I understand the questions were asked directly to students. Its a poll of college professors, not the students)
Of course college professors prefer Hillary!!!!!

Christian Liberty
05-26-2014, 09:09 AM
I wish there were more intelligent people my age:sad:

Keith and stuff
05-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks for posting. This is really good news for Paul when he is campaigning for the GOP nomination!

A Panetta Institute survey found that Clinton crushes Paul 53% to 32% among college students in a head-to-head 2016 matchup while defeating Bush 58% to 26%.

FriedChicken
05-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks for posting. This is really good news for Paul when he is campaigning for the GOP nomination!

good perspective.
True, she is beating him by 21%, but Bush is being beat by 32%.
And if Clinton runs she'll have to defend the surveillance state and recent over seas intervention. Can't see how that would improve her standing among this crowd.

But it is discouraging how many college kids are this ignorant - but not surprising.

coastie
05-26-2014, 10:00 AM
College Students Overwhelmingly Pick Hillary Over Rand Paul

http://i60.tinypic.com/8x0nf5.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
05-26-2014, 11:32 AM
College? I'll leave at this below...

An Entire College Course on Beyonce at Rutgers University

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21C55q6pDg

No1butPaul
05-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Well, I guess it's a good thing then (this go around), that college kids don't vote.

kcchiefs6465
05-26-2014, 01:02 PM
When they are tens of thousands of dollars in debt respectively, it is easy to see why they'd vote for the one who promises them more than the other.

A system of plunder.

Aside from that, you have an entire propaganda establishment, who themselves rely largely on plunder, pimping a particular narrative. And how much more "progressive" can society get when after first electing a black president, they elect a woman into the presidency? Who cares if she is a war criminal. She is a she. And as such, society can prove to themselves how much better they are from yesteryear's biased ignoramuses.

People are fucking retarded. Seriously. And I hate even using that word to describe them because it actually is a disgrace to the legitimately mentally retarded. But if my point needs to be made, read the comment section of a given article. Particularly in one discussing politics. I used to think they were all bots designed to discourage activism but I've met a few of these people in real life. They actually exist.

GunnyFreedom
05-26-2014, 01:03 PM
"Although college students prefer Hillary Clinton over any Republican challenger by a comfortable margin, the most notable aspect of this poll is the stand-out strength of Rand Paul (-21), who is significantly stronger in the college student demographic by carrying 11% more of the college vote than his nearest competitor Jeb Bush (-32) along with even larger gains over the rest of the Republican field."

"College students are a very low-turnout group, but with some additional leftward bias they represent their age group and demographic basic trends very well. {Insert results from 18-24 or 18-25 polling}."

"{Demonstrate the effects of this age group on broader "all voters" and "likely voters" demos}."

"Across multiple demographic, political, and sociological studies now, we can see that of every Republican contender, Rand Paul alone weakens Hillary's base enough to win a General election. There is only one electable Republican in this Primary, and that Republican is Rand Paul of Kentucky."

francisco
05-26-2014, 01:12 PM
The Breitbart article

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/24/2016-Poll-Hillary-Crushes-Rand-Paul-Jeb-Bush-Among-College-Students

cited in the OP is crappy journalism at best--

The link provided within the article does not lead to the 2016 Hillary vs. Rand / Jeb results that are purported by the headline, but instead to a 2012 article on broader attitudes. (That Hart Research Associates article does however have a lot of info that is worth evaluating).

nobody's_hero
05-26-2014, 02:52 PM
So the college kids will go for Hillary, and the GOP blue-hairs will go for Jeb Bush or Christie or (insert tired old neocon re-tread). Poor Rand doesn't stand much chance.

GunnyFreedom
05-26-2014, 02:55 PM
So the college kids will go for Hillary, and the GOP blue-hairs will go for Jeb Bush or Christie or (insert tired old neocon re-tread). Poor Rand doesn't stand much chance.

That's really the wrong takeaway. The winner of the 2016 General has to be able to erode Shillary's base if there is any hope to win. Rand is the only one that does it. College kids don't vote anyway; but this clearly demonstrates Rand's effectiveness against Shillary's base. You Missy Bluehair have to help us nominate Rand, or these freakish Democrats are going to get another four years at the helm.

Anti Federalist
05-26-2014, 02:57 PM
"Across multiple demographic, political, and sociological studies now, we can see that of every Republican contender, Rand Paul alone weakens Hillary's base enough to win a General election. There is only one electable Republican in this Primary, and that Republican is Rand Paul of Kentucky."

Let us see if the GOP Dead Enders, once again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Keith and stuff
05-26-2014, 03:14 PM
That's really the wrong takeaway. The winner of the 2016 General has to be able to erode Shillary's base if there is any hope to win. Rand is the only one that does it. College kids don't vote anyway.
They did in November of 2012. In New Hampshire, even at some of the private colleges, there were Obama buses driving students to the polling locations and back to their dorms. I except the Democrats to do the same thing in 2016 in all of the swing states they are targeting.

devil21
05-26-2014, 03:51 PM
The Breitbart article

(That Hart Research Associates article does however have a lot of info that is worth evaluating).

Pay attention to who sponsored it.

Panetta Institute is Leon Panetta's think tank for laundering money. The same Leon Panetta that Obama picked for both CIA chief and SecDef? Yep, that one. Nope, no bias in a poll sponsored by his think tank, especially seeing how Panetta was SecDef during Hillary's Benghazi involvement. Panetta was knee deep in Benghazi.

After reviewing the poll info, it basically says the MSM is doing a good job covering for the Dems, providing revisionist history, and damaging conservatives with some college-aged kids. I'm thinking this poll is worthless other than disseminating that MSM is still as effective at brainwashing as it always was.

acptulsa
05-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Were they graded on this quiz?

Did it happen to be 32% who flunked?

francisco
05-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Pay attention to who sponsored it.

Panetta Institute is Leon Panetta's think tank for laundering money. The same Leon Panetta that Obama picked for both CIA chief and SecDef? Yep, that one. Nope, no bias in a poll sponsored by his think tank, especially seeing how Panetta was SecDef during Hillary's Benghazi involvement. Panetta was knee deep in Benghazi.

After reviewing the poll info, it basically says the MSM is doing a good job covering for the Dems, providing revisionist history, and damaging conservatives with some college-aged kids. I'm thinking this poll is worthless other than disseminating that MSM is still as effective at brainwashing as it always was.

Whoa, didn't make that connection. Thanks for pointing it out.

oyarde
05-26-2014, 06:19 PM
This is no surprise . They probably feel H. Clinton is the way to go for free health care and loan forgiveness , so I doubt they are as ignorant of candidates as people hope . What they probably are , is a bunch of little Marxists .

Henry Rogue
05-26-2014, 08:58 PM

A Panetta Institute survey found that Clinton crushes Paul 53% to 32% among college students in a head-to-head 2016 matchup while defeating Bush 58% to 26%.
Interesting choice of words to describe the results. If you didn't look at the numbers, you would get the impression that bush faired better.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-26-2014, 09:12 PM
some random website says something so it must be true

devil21
05-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Interesting choice of words to describe the results. If you didn't look at the numbers, you would get the impression that bush faired better.

That's how they use polling to form opinion, instead of using it to report opinion. It's amazing how well it works too.

F U Frank!

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-26-2014, 10:22 PM
That's how they use polling to form opinion, instead of using it to report opinion. It's amazing how well it works too.

F U Frank!

that and 800something college students suddenly represent the entire country.

Peace&Freedom
05-26-2014, 10:29 PM

F U Frank!

In fact, that is what polling is usually used for, considering the primary sponsors of political polls are media outlets, and candidates, who approve what and how questions get asked, in what sequence, and whether the poll results get published at all. Poll results get accepted by the public as impartial by default, when the truth is more like they are massaged by default, and used to massage opinion (self-disclosure, I used to work at the Harris Poll).

Vanguard101
05-27-2014, 12:29 AM
How is this possible? I don't know a single college student that enthusiastically likes Hilary at all. This must be a lie.

acptulsa
05-27-2014, 02:08 AM
How is this possible? I don't know a single college student that enthusiastically likes Hilary at all. This must be a lie.

Didn't Mark Twain say something about lies? Also damned lies and statistics, right?

jonhowe
05-27-2014, 10:27 AM
This should not surprise anyone; why would the pattern of college students voting Democrat change all of a sudden?? The fact that Rand polled better than Jeb is AWESOME, and it proves Ron's point about us "young people" being behind the liberty movement. This is GOOD news.

jonhowe
05-27-2014, 10:27 AM

"Location: Texas"

Assuming that's correct, there's your answer.