PDA

View Full Version : Do you want: "Who is Ron Paul/Google Ron Paul" on blimp?

kutibah
12-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I realize artwork is in production, but their seems to be enough oppositon that this deserves a thread. Please post what you think.

Mark Mosconi
12-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I posted this in another post, but I will again. If it was up to me, I'd put something like "Restore the Constitution" or "Restore the Republic" or "Liberty - Prosperity - Peace" on one side, and on the other, "Ron Paul 2008" or "Ron Paul for President"
Something simple so people know what it's for without having to remember to look it up, or take the time to since many who see this may not be right next to their computers where they can 'google ron paul'

Maybe include the phone number for donating to Ron Paul, if it's legal to do that. I don't know a thing about the legality of anything involving this blimp.

kutibah
12-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree. Why allow the people to possibly forget all about Ron Paul by the time they get home when you can easily TELL them what he's for. If the message is powerful enough, you can literally almost get a new voter on the spot rather than hope they google his name.

Mark Mosconi
12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Let me just add, that the name Ron Paul SHOULD be somewhere on both sides though, just in case someone were to only see one side of it. Ron Paul in addition to a slogan representing his basic message.

constitutional
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I posted this in another post, but I will again. If it was up to me, I'd put something like "Restore the Constitution" or "Restore the Republic" or "Liberty - Prosperity - Peace" on one side, and on the other, "Ron Paul 2008" or "Ron Paul for President"
Something simple so people know what it's for without having to remember to look it up, or take the time to since many who see this may not be right next to their computers where they can 'google ron paul'

Maybe include the phone number for donating to Ron Paul, if it's legal to do that. I don't know a thing about the legality of anything involving this blimp.

State some of his positions like never voted to raise taxes, against iraq war or something the majority of population will agree with.

This "Who is Ron Paul" or "Google Ron Paul" idea is stupid.

Naraku
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
How many people forget seeing a blimp?

Buzz
12-01-2007, 11:43 AM
It MUST have the word "president" on both sides. We're trying to reach people who don't know who Paul is, not those who do. I really don't think the "Who is Ron Paul?" thing is nearly as effective as some of us think. The average person would see it and say "Who cares?"

Even "Google Ron Paul" is ineffective for a large segment of the population, especially non-youths.

hillertexas
12-01-2007, 11:45 AM
People will already ask "who is Ron Paul?" when they see the blimp. It's redundant.

Chester Copperpot
12-01-2007, 11:46 AM
KISS-Keep it Simple Stupid

RON PAUL
PRESIDENT 2008

Exponent
12-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Let me just add, that the name Ron Paul SHOULD be somewhere on both sides though, just in case someone were to only see one side of it. Ron Paul in addition to a slogan representing his basic message.

Indeed, most people only see one side of a blimp, I would imagine.

Also, it does need to remain short, and the current messages are at least that. Short means it can be big. Big means it can be easily read by a larger number of people. And as the distance increases linearly, the area reached increases by a power of two. That can be very significant. Doubling distance quadruples area.

I also agree that "Ron Paul" should appear on both sides, regarldess of what else is included. I personally would vote for "RonPaul2008.com" on one side, and "Ron Paul for President" on the other. One side gives people direct access to plenty of information (and the 2008 part sort of implies election), and the other side has the name and the desired position, so people know what it is all about, at least generally.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Keep it short and BIG:

RonPaul2008.com
Freedom * Prosperity * Peace

undergroundrr
12-01-2007, 11:48 AM
RonPaul2008 both sides.

Mark Mosconi
12-01-2007, 11:48 AM
People will already ask "who is Ron Paul?" when they see the blimp. It's redundant.

Exactly. Why write on the blimp something that people will already be thinking? It just wastes space that we could fill with a short message that'll get people's patriotic hearts beating.

reaver
12-01-2007, 11:55 AM
"Something big is going on..." :p

CelestialRender
12-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Definitely not. Unless this is for very good legal reasons, we need to make it "Ron Paul - President", and possibly a quick description of him "peace & sound money" or "champion of the constitution" (e.g.)

cero
12-01-2007, 12:00 PM
yes REPLACE who is Ron Paul with RON PAUL for PRESIDENT

Kalash
12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
I think they all have a point.

It's like the big puzzle piece blimp...
You see it, go, "What's that?" And... you never look it up.
(Still no idea who's it is...)

I'd say as high as 80% of the people won't bother too look it up when they get home.
They'll see the blimp - think it's cool...
Talk about it for 5 minutes...
But unless they get an answer immediately, they'll drop it.

People have the attention span of gnats.
They'll remember - if someone mentions it... Asks...
But otherwise they'll be drowned in the distractions of the modern world and never look into it further.

If they have kids, it'll help.

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 12:05 PM
the wind was taken out of my sails when i saw the "google ron paul" and "who is ron paul" message. I think it's going to be obsolete very soon and has the potential to make the blimp a joke.

Everyone is going to know ron paul very soon. especially after dec. 16th.
Plus, the idea of my donation inadvertently promoting a major corporation doesn't sit well with me. By using the word "google" it associates ron paul with them. Not to mention it might alienate people who don't use computers.

Ron Paul has so many great messages that we could put on the blimp instead. Donors should have been able to vote on a list of possibilities. I mean, how hard would that have been to do? there have been numerous threads dedicated to billboard messages in this forum.

plus, on the new blimp website (i liked the old one btw), they have a donation box for renting advertising? what the heck is this? The blimp should be devoid of advertising. what kind of message is that sending to people?

this is a collective grassroots effort. and while i really appreciate the work that's been done so far to make this happen, it suddenly feels more like a business than something being done to promote ron paul for president.

I seriously hope we can work things out on this.

Kalash
12-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Though - I'm thinking the Revolution side is ok....

Maybe with, "The most Dirigiblest Presidential Candidate ever!"
(That's a joke, btw.)

The REvoLution logo is OUR logo.
This isn't a campaign blimp.

With the smaller words underneath;
"No more Taxes, No more War."

That covers the main issues...
The link on the back - maybe RonPaul2008.com - ?

Exponent
12-01-2007, 12:09 PM
plus, on the new blimp website (i liked the old one btw), they have a donation box for renting advertising? what the heck is this? The blimp should be devoid of advertising. what kind of message is that sending to people?

this is a collective grassroots effort. and while i really appreciate the work that's been done so far to make this happen, it suddenly feels more like a business than something being done to promote ron paul for president.
This is done for legal reasons. They couldn't just outright accept donations for advertising Ron Paul related stuff. And PACs had far too many limitations as well. So they came up with an advertising company type strategy that got around all the legal issues. It sounds businessy because it has to. There's nothing going on here that should be considered all that suspicious, in my unprofessional opinion.

kutibah
12-01-2007, 12:10 PM
the wind was taken out of my sails when i saw the "google ron paul" and "who is ron paul" message. I think it's going to be obsolete very soon and has the potential to make the blimp a joke.

Plus, the idea of my donation inadvertently promoting a major corporation doesn't sit well with me. By using the word "google" it associates ron paul with them. Not to mention it might alienate people who don't use computers.

Ron Paul has so many great messages that we could put on the blimp instead. Donors should have been able to vote on a list of possibilities. I mean, how hard would that have been to do? there have been numerous threads dedicated to billboard messages in this forum.

The renting advertising (Blimp Timeshares) is just a way to jump through the legal hoops and essentially do this without a PAC and allow unlimited "purchases"

leipo

All great points i agree with.

Kalash

The business part of it is for legal reasons...
It gives us more flexibility in taking money.

You're paying for advertising - yes... Privately. Like the guy buying the NYT full page ad. Your contribution limits are... well... not so limited.
But the advertising you're buying is the Ron Paul advertisement.

Does that make sense?

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I appreciate you telling me that. i had a little panic attack ;)

TooConservative
12-01-2007, 12:17 PM
"Liberty - Prosperity - Peace"

I like this one. I like it better written as "Liberty, Peace, Prosperity". And the name "Ron Paul" in larger font above the slogan.

constitutional
12-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Where is a sticky thread giving all the current up to date info the blimp? What graphic and slogan will be put on it? What justifies this? What route will the blimp take?
What is the organizer thinking as of now? Any obstacles? Any issues?

Where can I contact the guy in charge of all this? Other than mailing him a letter to: 129 Bleachery Blvd #50 Asheville, NC 28805

Why isn't the organizer of the blimp answering any questions or doubt raised by the members?

-----------------
Geez, this blimp idea is not well executed.

GoSlash27
12-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Should definitely say "for President" so people know what it's about.

Travis
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
So is it going to be changed or what??? I hope we didn't just raise $400,000 for something nobody likes.

dante
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
The time is past for cute things like Google Ron Paul and Who is Ron Paul. Matter of fact any given time I go google ron paul half of the news results link to news editorialists calling us kooks. That's the last thing we want potentially new supporters to see.

Keep it short sweet and simple.

Ron Paul for President 2008
Freedom, Peace, Prosperity
www.RonPaul2008.com

Replicate on both sides as most people won't see both sides. Short sweet and simple and gets the message across.

constitutional
12-01-2007, 12:29 PM
The time is past for cute things like Google Ron Paul and Who is Ron Paul. Matter of fact any given time I go google ron paul half of the news results link to news editorialists calling us kooks. That's the last thing we want potentially new supporters to see.

Keep it short sweet and simple.

www.RonPaul2008.com

Replicate on both sides as most people won't see both sides. Short sweet and simple and gets the message across.

Amen...

And an ad on the bottom of the blimp.

Buzz
12-01-2007, 12:29 PM
^^ +1

bulloncoins
12-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I think we are way past "who is Ron Paul?".

It needs something more inspirational......

kutibah
12-01-2007, 12:41 PM
I think the poll speaks for itself. 72% of people here want something other than Who is Ron Paul or Google Ron Paul.

NimbleNadzz
12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Everyone wants this to be more than a blimp. It's not a TV ad, newspaper article, etc. It's a BLIMP!

You have to ask yourself what the purpose of a blimp is? It's simple, name recognition. You physically can not write a dissertation about how cool RP is on the blimp.

I think the choices are perfect. The fact is, if someone has already done the research on RP, they have already made up their mind and the blimp is useless. So, the target audience absolutely has to be those who don't know who he is - or those who have been to lazy to do the research and needed a big fat Ron Paul sign on a blimp in their face to get them moving.

For whatever reason, people seem to think that the artwork is going to change minds. It's not. It can't. All it can do is spur dialogue and/or research. It achieves this very well - and this is what we want!

"Peace, Prosperity, Freedom" is not going to spontaneously cause someone to vote RP - they are going to do research. So, in essence, it really makes no difference what is on the blimp - as long as it has Ron Paul on it. <- Name recognition.

If everyone is really so upset, let's instead move forward with the current artwork and try to coordinate something with the blimp organizers regarding artwork for the second month! It is clear they have very little time to organize this and it must be terribly hectic for them. I'm sure they would appreciate a little patience and understanding.

Once it is up in the air, then we can discuss better strategies for the second month!

Ron Paul 2008!!

Peppy690
12-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Ron Paul
for President
Freedom Peace Prosperity

ronpaul2008.com 1-877-**** forgot it sorry...but this should be on each side

michael.byrne
12-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Ron Paul - Freedom in our time

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 12:56 PM
At a minimum, paint over the "Who is ?".

Its embarrassing!

Belittling, negative, obscure, Randian, B.S.

kipload
12-01-2007, 12:57 PM
K.I.S.S.

A simple graphic set in this format answers the big questions

Who?
for What?
Why?
Where?

---------------->

Ron Paul for President
Freedom - Prosperity - Peace
www.RonPaul2008.com

noumenon
12-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I think we should look at the most important issues here.
We are trying to cover the most ground with the fewest words possible.
The topics we surely need to cover are:

Putting his name out there
Informing people about who he is
Get people interested

I feel that the simple "RonPaul2008.com" on both sides does this. If you feel there is room to add something else, like "For Liberty!" or something like that, do so! But I doubt you will feel comfortable dividing the size of the web link in half to fit that on. Afterall, you were only planning on putting one three word line in the first place.

RonPaul2008.com shows his name, links them to a place where they can get information on him, and also leaves a certain air of curiosity because they will wonder what's at the web site and want to look it up. It covers all fields.

Let's also not forget that at his website they can donate, and that will be of great help as well. New people donating as well as informing themselves. Plus the website has links to his other sites like YouTube, where they can watch videos.

My suggestion is "RonPaul2008.com" it's simple and effective on all levels. We don't have the room to say a lot, and that, in my opinion, says the most with the least letters possible, which means it can be written pretty huge.

Please do RonPAul2008.com

leipo
12-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Is Elijah ever gonna adress these issues, or is he not the main organizer?

wecandoit
12-01-2007, 01:05 PM
It needs to say exactly what was on the original conceptual photoshop.

Ron Paul.... Peace. Prosperity. Freedom.

Ron Paul as big as possible, with peace, prosperity, freedom underneath, on both sides.

The original idea was perfect, we should leave it alone and go with it.

1913_to_2008
12-01-2007, 01:07 PM
The name Ron Paul in big letters or the Ron Paul Revolution logo!

Small letters No War, Taxes?
Peace prosperity?

ctblnpilot
12-01-2007, 01:17 PM
RON PAUL 2008
Peace * Prosperity * Freedom

dmarie340
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I didn't donate to the blimp, although I think it is a fantastic idea, and I am hoping our Meet-Up Group can have a visit from them sometime. My suggestion for the wording on the blimp would have to be simple and straightforward "Vote Ron Paul, President 2008 - Hope for America" (on both sides of the blimp) Remember, this blimp will be flying over countrysides and cities where many people will not have a clue about "Google". With such a great tool, make it so everyone will understand when seeing the blimp and not to have to take any further steps to learn who he is!

robinlynn
12-01-2007, 01:20 PM
but how great would it be to have one of those digital displays that can rotate through several different messages? :cool:

gmlogmd08
12-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm in the minority here. I'm for who is/google Ron Paul. I guess I'm a little bit biased here because that's the slogan that introduced me to Ron and his message . Believe it or not, my friends and colleagues at work only came to know of Ron Paul because of me. There are literally millions of people out there who doesn't know RP yet. The blimp is not for us who already knows him. So let's look at this objectively, the main purpose of the blimp is name recognition and I think it will do just that. Also, I believe it is too late in the game to change the artwork at this point since if I'm not mistakenly the organizers have already started prepping the blimp. But then again, there's always a next month, if we really feel strongly about changing what the blimp says.

ProximoAZ
12-01-2007, 01:25 PM
The business part of it is for legal reasons...
It gives us more flexibility in taking money.

You're paying for advertising - yes... Privately. Like the guy buying the NYT full page ad. Your contribution limits are... well... not so limited.
But the advertising you're buying is the Ron Paul advertisement.

Does that make sense?

1. If that really is the reason - I would like to see that on the site

2. ron paul revolution on both sides would be a big improvement and somewhat of a compromise

RP4Pres2008
12-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I voted Yes, both

But after reading some posts, maybe more should be placed on the peace, prosperity, freedom message....

M. Raborn
12-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Champion of the Constitution
(both sides)
Just a suggestion

Kalash
12-01-2007, 01:46 PM
1. If that really is the reason - I would like to see that on the site

2. ron paul revolution on both sides would be a big improvement and somewhat of a compromise

It is on the site - just in a fairly vague wording... And not in the FAQ where it should be.

http://ronpaulblimp.com/terms.php

bp2519
12-01-2007, 01:46 PM

Ron Paul as big as possible, with peace, prosperity, freedom underneath, on both sides.

Agreed.

Delain
12-01-2007, 01:47 PM

I personally like this one the best.

Its a shame this happened though. Hope it can be corrected without to much trouble for the organisers.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 01:49 PM
The most important thing is to make the message BIGGER.

It won't matter if people can't SEE it!

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Where can I contact the guy in charge of all this? Other than mailing him a letter to: 129 Bleachery Blvd #50 Asheville, NC 28805

--- For those who don't know, you can now send an email from www.ronpaulblimp.com - top right corner under "contact"

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Therefore the message goes into their subconscious mind.

That was why Hitler used to stand up high.

The blimp will be higher.

So, the powerful messge we want to send is "Ron Paul for President" as well as

what was on the original conceptual photoshop.

The original idea was perfect, and what fired up people to pledge.

rawkd
12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I think it would be great to have "Google Ron Paul" on the blimp since, a lot of people know what Google is and it would help having Ron Paul next to a highly recognizable brand name like Google.

ronpaulhawaii
12-01-2007, 02:02 PM
We, The People support
Ron Paul for President

MrOblivious
12-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm a fan of "RON PAUL 2008: RESTORE THE REPUBLIC"

Eric21ND
12-01-2007, 02:13 PM

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Ok, crap. And I'm graduate student in business.

from newest message on www.ronpaulblimp.com
The Messages on the Ron Paul Blimp

The messages on the Ron Paul Blimp were carefully chosen by a team of
people with diverse marketing backgrounds. In all likelihood, this
advertising campaign will be studied by marketing students for the
remainder of history.

Who is Ron Paul?

We chose the Who is Ron Paul message because the reality is that most
people do not know who Ron Paul is. Go ask ten strangers and ask them if
they know Ron Paul. How many said they do? How many who did know who he
was liked him?

Google Ron Paul

We chose the Google Ron Paul message because it is a call to action that
people can do right now; they cannot vote for a long time, and may
forget about him by then. When they Google him, they will get a lot more
info. Trade Mark violation.. From a real business student, diluting someones
brand. Google this: "diluting brand lawsuit"

Love Revolution 60s? Haven't heard it called the love revolution before

We chose the Love Revolution message for the people who already know who
Ron Paul is, because it is a message that unites and inspires the Ron
Paul supporters to more action.

No Election Messages

We specifically left off any reference to an election, because most
people do not care about politics. We want to bring them back into the
electoral process, and messages like the ones chosen -- distinctly
different than the same old boring way of advertising candidates -- will
do that. It might - sarcasm on - help to say he's running for president...

JWallace
12-01-2007, 02:15 PM
"Got Ron Paul?"

US + Ron Paul = 2008

slantedview
12-01-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Message.php

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I think "Google Ron Paul" is OK for one side of the blimp since the easiest way to learn about Ron Paul is on the Internet. But I also agree the word "president" needs to be on there so viewers can understand WHY they should Google for him.

The "Who is?" though, I never have liked very much, even in sign waves.

Ethek
12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
It MUST have the word "president" on both sides. We're trying to reach people who don't know who Paul is, not those who do. I really don't think the "Who is Ron Paul?" thing is nearly as effective as some of us think. The average person would see it and say "Who cares?"

Even "Google Ron Paul" is ineffective for a large segment of the population, especially non-youths.

ding ding ding! associate the name with the campaign

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
For something this expensive, we should at least consult someone who has extensive marketing experience. I strongly suggest that we contact someone and at least run some ideas past them.

Note: I can't remember who it was, but some time back, a gentleman on this forum had a marketing firm determine what the best selling points were about Ron Paul. As I recall, it had something to do with him being the Thomas Jefferson of our day, and also something about he being the only candidate who could beat Hillary.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
The "Who is?" though, I never have liked very much, even in sign waves.

Yes, but the marketing geniuses at the Ayn Rand Institute think better. They have expertise in sending secret obscure messages meant to confuse most people, but rally their targeted audience--the small group of supermen worthy of the message.

How about a big cigarette graphic with $dollar sign filters? That'll bring 'em.

leipo
12-01-2007, 02:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Message.php

"The messages on the Ron Paul Blimp were carefully chosen by a team of
people with diverse marketing backgrounds."

Who are these people? I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything about this team.

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Therefore the message goes into their subconscious mind.

That was why Hitler used to stand up high.

The blimp will be higher.

So, the powerful messge we want to send is "Ron Paul for President" as well as

what was on the original conceptual photoshop.

The original idea was perfect, and what fired up people to pledge.

This idea is MUCH better than what the group of marketing students came up with, in my opinion. Although, I think we should really consult some seasoned campaign marketing professionals.

leipo
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
This idea is MUCH better than what the group of marketing students came up with, in my opinion.

Definitely.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 02:40 PM
People won't become a supporter just by seeing a message.
Give them a direction to see FURTHER.
A website and/or phone# may not be fancy, but is EFFECTIVE!

Ronin
12-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Keep it short and BIG:

RonPaul2008.com
Freedom * Prosperity * Peace

+1 That pretty much sums it up.

Keep it short and big. People from a distance will be able to read it better and not everyone is fortunate enough to have 20/20 vision.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Nice!

Mastiff
12-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Is it too late to fix these? We don't want to look like an insurgent campaign so much anymore, since this is half of what's holding us back. I liked the original "Ron Paul President 2008" graphic myself.

Personally, I hate the re-LOVE-ution thing. It turns me off, so I'm sure it will turn off some fraction of fence sitters. It just seems retro-hippie to me. I actually might not donate if they go this route.

What's going on anyway? Were the old pledges discarded or what? I don't know what we're expected to do. Pledge again, wait for an E-mail that it's time, what?

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:06 PM
people with diverse marketing backgrounds."

Who are these people? I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything about this team.

Anyone know who these marketing people are?

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Only 21 out of 126 voters want to keep "Who is?"

So:

1. take an extra day or however long it takes to paint over or otherwise remove the red "Who is?" non-sense.

2. If you have to launch first fine, but quickly as possible replace the "R3volution" side with something like "Freedom, Peace, and Prosperity".

105 out of 126 of activists are asking for this at least. This is an anti-"Who is?" grassfire. It needs to be fixed.

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I doubt they are painting the blimp on a Saturday, especially while the down payment is still being collected.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone know who these marketing people are?

Maybe these guys:
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MediaTeam.php

I'm telling you, just keep refreshing, new information keeps going up.

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I doubt they are painting the blimp on a Saturday, especially while the down payment is still being collected.

I've read before that the artwork is paid for by the owner of the Airship company as he's also a Ron Paul supporter.

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Who is Ron Paul?

If you have to ask - it makes him sound like a nobody.

He is:

The man seen by 5 million people on The Today Show.

The man see by 4 million people on the last CNN Republican Debate.

The man leading a revolution.

So he's obviously famous, and nobody would dream of asking this question.

alexpasch
12-01-2007, 03:15 PM
The best ones I've seen were the ones that had "Ron Paul; Peace, Prosperity, Freedom"

Short and simple...that's what should be on there

Chibioz
12-01-2007, 03:15 PM
i like ron paul 2008 or ron paul for president on one side and ron paul revolution on the other

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I like what we was originally promised on both sides. Don't want to bait and switch.

colecrowe
12-01-2007, 03:18 PM
<<<< Originally Posted by leipo
people with diverse marketing backgrounds.">>>>

What? Then what were their reasons? Did they poll people on the street?

It needs "President" and I propose "Freedom" somehow.

Freedom * Prosperity * Peace sounds like a great idea. Awesome in fact.

But Instead of RonPaul2008.com, I think Ron Paul for President would be a much better use of space not just because it is more confident and would prevent people from not even knowing who it is (that would really suck), but also because the vast majority of people almost never use the address bar and instead always search for stuff--this is well studied: people even search for google and yahoo and amazon, etc. almost invariably, instead of just typing in google.com. And people (a) could easily forget the exact URL and (b) are typically bad at entering URLs correctly anyway--besides the fact most people search, like I said. And the first search result is his page (I think sometimes maybe it shows headlines from news sources, but I'm not sure)

(I bet most of you have a hard time believing that, but that is because I think most of us are kind of internet savvy and would laugh at that--but we're in the minority for sure.)

Rhys
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Who is Ron Paul is PERFECT! Please read what I have to say closely... not cause I'm awesome, but because I'm an advertiser.

Who is Ron Paul is a question which DEMANDS an answer. Ron Paul on a blimp, and you don't know who he is... oh, what to do, what to do.

I know, GOOGLE RON PAUL!

Totally smack perfect.

No one's gonna vote for a man cause he has a blimp. However, our CALL TO ACTION by saying GOOGLE RON PAUL comes after we ENGAGE the viewer by asking WHO IS RON PAUL.

Ok, you needn't read so close cause I'm not being very articulate... it's saturday. shoot me.

Ok, got it... remember back in the day when the X-Files was getting ready to air for the first time. No one had any idea what the show was about (no Internet yet! haha) but there was BUZZZ because they promo-ed all summer with a glowing mysterious X. Said nothing, just the X.

The show was a cult hit, kinda like Paul.

Who is Ron Paul? GOOGLE RON PAUL.

It's like the X.

Besides, it's a blimp... there are no campaign marketing rules that I know of, which go along with a damned blimp. This is uncharted ground... I will note that I've never seen a Goodyear blimp actualy ask me to buy tires. (they're brand recognition is higher than ours, however so we need our call to action, which we have.)

leipo
12-01-2007, 03:26 PM
<<<< Originally Posted by leipo
people with diverse marketing backgrounds.">>>>

What? Then what were their reasons? Did they poll people on the street?

I have the same questions. And what backgrounds are we talking about. I have the feeling it's all experience from marketing commercial products. And Ron Paul is not a product and shouldn't be marketed as such.

Rhys
12-01-2007, 03:34 PM
And Ron Paul is not a product and shouldn't be marketed as such.

Not true, he's an ice cold glass of Presidential Candidate, complete with logos and slogans and customers(support) and a message and employees and customer service.... total brand concept.

Don't think of a product like Pepsi Cola as Pepsi Co. Pepsi is one PRODUCT in the Pepsi BRAND.

The blimp is one AD in the Ron Paul CAMPIAGN.

constituent
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Ron Paul - POTUS

that way people go, "what's a potus?"

NewEnd
12-01-2007, 03:43 PM
KISS-Keep it Simple Stupid

RON PAUL
PRESIDENT 2008

try

RON PAUL
PRESIDENT

I think it is essential the word president be on there.

There is no space for his positions etc... this is not a conversion tool, it is a name recognition tool.

google Ron Paul is not that great at all.

this blimp is not going to help us win early primaries... we have to win a coupel of those... then this blimp will help us win Super Tuesday.

truthseeker
12-01-2007, 03:50 PM
The blimp will be a hit with any of these names.

I live in South Carolina where "Google Ron Paul " among the older white Republicans I know would probably have less appeal than other areas of the country.

I prefer Ron Paul for President.

But whatever it is - it is ten times more brilliant than any other campaign and we need to support it financially and enthusiastically. I am going to send in more than my pledge so it can continue for two months or more .

ChrisV
12-01-2007, 03:56 PM
At this point I believe we should use the current artwork. The goal here is to get the blimp in the air and promote Ron Paul name recognition and I believe we are quickly approaching the deadline.

The fact is that not everyone is going to be satisfied no matter what message is put on the blimp. This project was put together quickly and I think the blimp team has done an excellent job with what they have had to work with.

I do however believe that we should consider alternative artwork for future months. A few of the slogans that I like are:

Ron Paul - Operation American Freedom
Ron Paul - Peace Prosperity and Liberty

Just my 2 cents.

mosquitobite
12-01-2007, 04:06 PM
My thoughts on the subject: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=506995&postcount=8

We here are biased. We are into this race; we're excited about it!

But there are millions who could CARE LESS - especially at this point in the game. The goal is to get them to look up Ron Paul and come to the realizations we have.

If you put President on there, I would guess you'd lose at least HALF of the people who would look him up. Most people simply DO NOT CARE about politics. Stop trying to see it from your point of view and picture the people out on the streets shopping or working in their cubicle. If they think it's related to politics - are they going to dig deeper? HELL NO.

MRoCkEd
12-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Months ago, when I didn't even follow politics, I saw a sign stating "Who is Ron Paul?"
I googled him, and now I am a supporter

If I saw a BLIMP telling me to google Ron Paul, I WOULD

I like it how it is.

jrich4rpaul
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
"Ron Paul for President 2008"

Not everybody has internet access to Google Ron Paul. So how are they supposed to know who he is?

seapilot
12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
RonPaul2008.com instead of Google Ron Paul. It will save a step since they will get ROnPaul2008.com on the top of the search anyways.

fredricko
12-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Although I would prefer something else, I think whatever is on the blimp is a moot point: The media is going to eat this up no matter what it says.

The thing about people is that we want free rides on blimps.

Reporters will be begging to cover the story about how "A group of grass roots supporters totally independent of the Ron Paul campaign procured a blimp to help out their candidate" a.k.a. "I want a free blimp ride." Sort of quid pro quo: We give you a ride on the blimp, you do a story about the blimp.

It's an advertising strategy revolving around the blimp, but the blimp itself is immaterial insofar as it exists and has "Ron Paul" on it. The media's reaction to the blimp and hopefully the realization of the how serious Dr. Paul's supports are is really what matters.

That's the way I see it anyways.

Eric21ND
12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
What about doing something like this:

Ron Paul....A new hope for America

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/060707RonPaulScreenShotFina07.jpg

leipo
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
What about doing something like this:

Ron Paul....A new hope for America

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/060707RonPaulScreenShotFina07.jpg

Yes, that is what i call Artwork.

LukeNM
12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I like the blimp the way it is -- maybe blimp 2.0 would need something more what we might relate too... But, then again, what is the point of that? If you go to the web site they explain how they arrived at the current graphics. It was not as if it was not given any thought.

Daveforliberty
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM

Clean, simple and as big as possible. You don't see Geico's 800 number on the side of their blimp. Or Goodyear's website.

AgentSmith
12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
"Who is Ron Paul?" is tired and kind of dumb at this point. but hey whatever. I hope you can get it off the ground.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Geico's 800 number on the side of their blimp. Or Goodyear's website.

That's because everybody know what they are.

therealjjj77
12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I think they all have a point.

It's like the big puzzle piece blimp...
You see it, go, "What's that?" And... you never look it up.
(Still no idea who's it is...)

I'd say as high as 80% of the people won't bother too look it up when they get home.
They'll see the blimp - think it's cool...
Talk about it for 5 minutes...
But unless they get an answer immediately, they'll drop it.

People have the attention span of gnats.
They'll remember - if someone mentions it... Asks...
But otherwise they'll be drowned in the distractions of the modern world and never look into it further.

If they have kids, it'll help.

At 20% who do, that is still quite a success rate for marketing. =)

tamor
12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
A very big thank you to the group of people who are going to make this actually happen. I know it is frustrating when differences of opinion are strongly expressed. But someone has to take the lead to get it done. Remember, the more people involved the more difficult it is to get an agreement. And we have many people on the forums. Thank you again - please do not get discouraged.

therealjjj77
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM

Not everybody has internet access to Google Ron Paul. So how are they supposed to know who he is?

It's important to consider the majority in this thing. The majority do have internet. The majority that don't can go to a library or work to look it up. There is a very very small percentage of people in places out in the sticks of Montana or Wyoming that actually don't use or have the internet. While doing my calls for Ron Paul in my precinct, everyone I've talked who are older Republicans in Iowa do have internet. There are a very very small amount that don't who live out in the country. I've been in 1000s of peoples homes in Iowa with door to door sales jobs.

stewie3128
12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I voted Yes, both

But after reading some posts, maybe more should be placed on the peace, prosperity, freedom message....

The problem there is that any candidate could put that on their blimp (if they were cool enough to have a blimp) - Kucinich: Peace, prosperity, freedom. Romney: Peace, prosperity, freedom. These are words that no politician would ever be against, and are the same words I've heard in every political campaign ever, and have never seen anyone come through on them. E.g. every time I vote for someone who promises prosperity and freedom, the Fed floods the market with dollars and the government gets bigger while my freedoms diminish.

So, coming from the standpoint of "all politicians are the same" which is where most of the American electorate comes from now, seeing peace prosperity and freedom does nothing to set RP apart from the crowd, because the others could just as easily promise those three things...

Our campaign has to show that RP actually means it.

dcatman
12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
The problem there is that any candidate could put that on their blimp (if they were cool enough to have a blimp) - Kucinich: Peace, prosperity, freedom. Romney: Peace, prosperity, freedom. These are words that no politician would ever be against, and are the same words I've heard in every political campaign ever, and have never seen anyone come through on them. E.g. every time I vote for someone who promises prosperity and freedom, the Fed floods the market with dollars and the government gets bigger while my freedoms diminish.

So, coming from the standpoint of "all politicians are the same" which is where most of the American electorate comes from now, seeing peace prosperity and freedom does nothing to set RP apart from the crowd, because the others could just as easily promise those three things...

Our campaign has to show that RP actually means it.

Agree completely with this statement.

xexkxex
12-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Isn't this pointless...

Hasn't the art work already gone into production????

Is this thread just stirring up more anger among us???

Think about this for a minute and see if you might want to spend your time doing something else.

Chibioz
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Who is Ron Paul? Google Ron Paul and rEVOLution actually sounds pretty good to me. Looking forward to seeing what the final product will look like.

Onyx
12-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Man why are you all complaining? It's a freaking BLIMP!!!! It's going to get attention no matter what is on it. Besides, I think the current designs looks awesome. They are CLEAN and to the point.

JasonSchnarr
12-01-2007, 07:32 PM
They should stick to the original design everyone saw. That's the image we had in mind when we made our pledges.

rory096
12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
To be honest I don't really mind the Who is Ron Paul side, I take issue more with the Ron Paul REVOLution side. The revolution makes us look like radicals and the LOVE makes us look like hippies; I know we're not but everyone is saying we are, so we shouldn't reinforce that image. I think we should replace that or both sides with the Peace-Prosperity-Freedom image, which says far more about Paul, and is far more powerful.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
i like ron paul 2008 or ron paul for president on one side and ron paul revolution on the other

two words:
NOT LEGAL

Ball
12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
We Support
RON PAUL
1-877-RON-PAUL
(both sides)

steph3n
12-01-2007, 08:16 PM
We Support
RON PAUL
1-877-RON-PAUL
(both sides)

is that toll free grassroots org? it is the only way it could work.

rory096
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
two words:
NOT LEGAL
I see how "Ron Paul for President" would be illegal, but how would "Ron Paul 2008" be? It's just a name and a number, how is it campaigning?

SgtBulldog
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Do you guys understand the association who is "Who is Ron Paul?" and Atlas Shrugged? I think this is a very important factor that I don't think a lot of people are getting. Google "Who is John Galt?" before going against this phrase.

rory096
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Do you guys understand the association who is "Who is Ron Paul?" and Atlas Shrugged? I think this is a very important factor that I don't think a lot of people are getting. Google "Who is John Galt?" before going against this phrase.
Yep, I think this is the main disconnect here. The blimp isn't actually asking who Ron Paul is; it's making a reference to Ayn Rand's book.

constitutional
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Any word on if the graphic on the blimp can be changed at this point or not? It's useless if we keep debating here if it can't be done.

Mastiff
12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
To be honest I don't really mind the Who is Ron Paul side, I take issue more with the Ron Paul REVOLution side. The revolution makes us look like radicals and the LOVE makes us look like hippies; I know we're not but everyone is saying we are, so we shouldn't reinforce that image. I think we should replace that or both sides with the Peace-Prosperity-Freedom image, which says far more about Paul, and is far more powerful.

Agreed.

greensheen
12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree a reference to "President" could be counterproductive for the unreached population. Any political content could backfire for that matter.

How about just this?

RON PAUL
Or
RON PAUL ?

Simple, in huge letters, huge coverage. Any net savvy person unfamiliar with his name will know what to do. They will find his web site quickly.

The computer shy and net ignorant are not likely to start going to the net just because of this, so any ".com" or "google XXX" or web links might actually repel them. They will be greatly motivated to ask someone "who is this guy?". This is the best the blimp can do for them because the campaign's preferred way of communicating: through the web, will not be used. It is hard to get phone numbers and details off the blimp. Even PEACE * PROSPERITY * FREEDOM, would be hard to read except up close. Once this thing is flying in a city there will be press coverage. You can count on it. Those who are not net savvy are usually main stream media consumers so the connection can come there from the local/national news, in case they didn't get an answer from someone by asking. They will be grabbed by the uniqueness and creativity of the blimp idea to want to know more about Ron Paul as the candidate. People like blimps, they are neat. People mostly do not like politicians. This is the best way to get the "foot in the door".

Most Simple, Most big, Demands an answer, most response. Thoughts?

michaelwise
12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Just go with it. After a while we can just put a strike line through the Who Is.

Paulinista4TW
12-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Voted yes to both. I supported Ron before but the more I see him speak in videos and tv the more I love this guy and want him as our next president. Who is Ron Paul? A great guy to know and maybe our next president.

libertyanne
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
bump

Corydoras
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Ron Paul 2008

akovacs
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Just a simple 'Ron Paul 2008' or something along those lines. If you can't, then do "google Ron Paul". Asking "Who is...?" implies that he's unknown and doesn't have support.

phoenixrising
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Ron Paul for President
(w/smaller caption Google Ron Paul)
Ron Paul 2008
Liberty, Freedom & Peace
Ron Paul R3voLUTION <-----------this is a MUST!

I'm thinking Boston...Super Bowl etc.....It's time to TELL them who he is...not ask the question on the blimp. IMHO.

The media is doing enough of *not telling* ....Being omitted from debates...being slighted when on stage etc.......so it's time WE just say it!!!!

wecandoit
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Ron Paul

Peace. Prosperity. Freedom.

That's it, that's perfect, nothing more needs to be said.

Peace coming first in the Peace, prosperity, freedom line.

The Iraq war has been, still is, and will continue to be the biggest thing that will draw people to our movement across as ages/sexes/political affiliations.

Ron Paul

Peace. Prosperity. Freedom.

perfect