PDA

View Full Version : Why Hasn't Dr. Paul co-sponsored the STRIVE ACT?

Lord Xar
12-01-2007, 11:31 AM
This is an enforcement act only for illegal immigration.. over a 100 co-sponsors already and curious on why Ron hasn't co-sponsored it "IF" he wants enforecement and an end to illegal immigration.

any ideas? Strive Act.

kylejack
12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
This is an enforcement act only for illegal immigration.. over a 100 co-sponsors already and curious on why Ron hasn't co-sponsored it "IF" he wants enforecement and an end to illegal immigration.

any ideas? Strive Act.
I just looked it up and it helps Mexico secure their southern border. No way, not constitutional.

Lord Xar
12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I just looked it up and it helps Mexico secure their southern border. No way, not constitutional.

what do you mean. Explain further...

how and why and what.

kylejack
12-01-2007, 11:51 AM
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1645:

Sec 121 helps secure the Mexican southern border.
Sec 214 changes the penalties at federal and state level for drunk driving offenses
Sec 234 alters penalties for gang violence
Sec 301 allows the government to demand certification of any employee of any company at any time

No, I don't like it.

Lord Xar
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
hmm.... this is not good for illegal immigration activists. Ron needs to start getting on board with some legislation if you wants to have others believe in his illegal immigration stances. I think that in some cases one must back "these things" because there is no alternative, so you just can't allow it to exist....

mwkaufman
12-01-2007, 12:30 PM
hmm.... this is not good for illegal immigration activists. Ron needs to start getting on board with some legislation if you wants to have others believe in his illegal immigration stances. I think that in some cases one must back "these things" because there is no alternative, so you just can't allow it to exist....

You do realize this is Ron Paul you're talking about? Do you think he's going to suddenly lose his principles because you want him to?

Lord Xar
12-01-2007, 12:33 PM
You do realize this is Ron Paul you're talking about? Do you think he's going to suddenly lose his principles because you want him to?

well, if you "need" enforcement and 'nothing' is on the horizon and the 'constitutional' aspects could be open to interpretation - then what is the problem?

also, Ron doesn't "explain" his positions so he will lambased for this.. I am just saying...

PennCustom4RP
12-01-2007, 04:59 PM
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1645:

Subtitle C--Southern Border Security

SEC. 121. IMPROVING THE SECURITY OF MEXICO'S SOUTHERN BORDER.

SEC. 122. REPORT ON DEATHS AT THE UNITED STATES-MEXICO BORDER.

SEC. 123. COOPERATION WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO.

SEC. 124. TEMPORARY NATIONAL GUARD SUPPORT FOR SECURING THE SOUTHERN LAND BORDER OF THE UNITED STATES.

SEC. 125. UNITED STATES-MEXICO BORDER ENFORCEMENT REVIEW COMMISSION.

Why should the United States have anything to do with securing Mexico's southern border, with Guatemala and Belize? This is Mexico's problem.
We should secure the Northern Border of Mexico, as this is our Southern border.

Ron Paul must see the error in this wording, and therefor doesn't support it.

steph3n
12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Read the text of this, it is about giving aid to secure OTHER COUNTRIES borders and not our own!!!

SEC. 121. IMPROVING THE SECURITY OF MEXICO'S SOUTHERN BORDER.

(a) Technical Assistance- The Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary, shall work to cooperate with the head of Foreign Affairs Canada and the appropriate officials of the Government of Mexico to establish a program--

(1) to assess the specific needs of the countries of Central America in maintaining the security of the international borders of such countries;

(2) to use the assessment made under paragraph (1) to determine the financial and technical support needed by the countries of Central America from Canada, Mexico, and the United States to meet such needs;

(3) to provide technical assistance to the countries of Central America to promote issuance of secure passports and travel documents by such countries; and

(4) to encourage the countries of Central America--

(A) to control alien smuggling and trafficking;

(B) to prevent the use and manufacture of fraudulent travel documents; and

(C) to share relevant information with Mexico, Canada, and the United States.

(b) Border Security for the Countries of Central America- The Secretary, in consultation with the Secretary of State, shall work to cooperate--

(1) with the appropriate officials of the governments of the countries of Central America to provide law enforcement assistance to such countries to specifically address immigration issues to increase the ability of such governments to dismantle human smuggling organizations and gain additional control over the international borders between the countries of Central America; and

(2) with the appropriate officials of the governments of the countries of Central America to establish a program to provide needed equipment, technical assistance, and vehicles to manage, regulate, and patrol such international borders.

(c) Tracking Central American Gangs- The Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, shall work to cooperate with the appropriate officials of the governments of other countries of Central America--

(1) to assess the direct and indirect impact on the United States and Central America of deporting violent criminal aliens;

(2) to establish a program and database to track individuals involved in Central American gang activities;

(3) to develop a mechanism that is acceptable to the governments of the countries of Central America and of the United States to notify such a government if an individual suspected of gang activity will be deported to that country prior to the deportation and to provide support for the reintegration of such deportees into that country; and

(4) to develop an agreement to share all relevant information related to individuals connected with Central American gangs.

(d) Limitations on Assistance- Any funds made available to carry out this section shall be subject to the limitations contained in section 551 of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2006 (Public Law 109-102; 119 Stat. 2218).

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 12:09 AM
so, because the Strive Act "also" funds the border security of other nations?

What is wrong with that?

I need some defintive items here. I would personally like some clarification on why it isn't to our best interests to control the flow of traffic and gang activity in other countries, if it encompasses a greater degree of security for us, in regards to illegal immigration.

Does anyone have some clarification here?

Maverick
12-18-2007, 12:16 AM

What is wrong with that?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty much floored by these statements. You're a long-time member here with over 3,000 posts and you can't see what's wrong with funding Mexico's southern border?

Swmorgan77
12-18-2007, 12:17 AM
what do you mean. Explain further...

how and why and what.

What section of the Constution authorizes Congress to pass laws helping regulate the borders of another nation?

Swmorgan77
12-18-2007, 12:19 AM

What is wrong with that?

I need some defintive items here. I would personally like some clarification on why it isn't to our best interests to control the flow of traffic and gang activity in other countries, if it encompasses a greater degree of security for us, in regards to illegal immigration.

Does anyone have some clarification here?

It does not mean its "Wrong" it only means its not Constituitonal, or not authorized for Congress to be involved in.

We HAVE to get past this idea that anything "good" or "Positive" is automatically something that Congress should be involved in at the Federal level.

That's what got us in this mess to begin with!