PDA

View Full Version : Elliot Rodger Is Liberalism Personified

Feeding the Abscess
05-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Elliot Rodger sounds a lot more like a liberal to me, than a gun nut.

In case you haven’t heard, there were a series of mass shootings in California last night. Seven people are dead, including the shooter, apparently there are another seven wounded, one critically. Peter Rodger, an assistant director for “The Hunger Games” suspects the shooter is his son Elliot Rodger.

Elliot Rodger had released a video before the shooting titled “Elliot Rodger’s Retribution” where he describes his motives for the plot. In it, he says he is very upset that at 22 years old, he still hasn’t had sex. He hasn’t even kissed a girl. Women don’t find him attractive, he’s jealous of the men they do find attractive, and so in his mind, this is a really good reason to kill a bunch of strangers.

Now, every time there’s a mass shooting, what do we hear? “Ban guns!” or “Stricter background checks!” or some other idiotic policy suggestion that would have done absolutely nothing to prevent the shooting. They never take into consideration that people who think murder is a good idea don’t tend to think very much of laws of course. They never consider that disarming the population is what makes them susceptible to mass shootings in the first place. They just jump straight to more government.

What if we were to try and consider the motives behind shootings, instead of the tools? Well, if we did that in this particular case, we can pin this shooting straight on the left. Elliot Rodger felt like he was owed something. In his mind, he was owed sex, he was owed acceptance. It didn’t matter that he was a socially awkward, effeminate, beta male, with obvious mental problems. As far as he was concerned women owed it to him to be attracted to him. When they didn’t give him what he felt he was owed, he had to destroy them. When other men had what he wanted, he had to destroy them. Elliot Rodger killed out of envy aimed in no particular direction, he hated society, because he didn’t have what he wanted.

When the left pumps up their class warfare crap, blaming rich people, blaming white people, blaming straight people, blaming men, they are doing the exact same thing as Elliot Richard did. They are saying “Hey, be angry with this class of people, because they have it better than you! No need to bring yourself up, let’s bring these people down! Let us do violence to these people on your behalf!” And when the violence comes, it does nothing to bring anybody up, it only brings the “privileged” people down. Taxes never made anybody wealthy, except perhaps for defense contractors and other such entities. Welfare certainly never brought anyone out of poverty, it only served as an excuse to take money from middle class and well to do folks and bring them down a peg. They don’t redistribute prosperity, they destroy it.

That’s what Elliot Rodger did. He hated that other people were enjoying their lives more than he was, and so he had to destroy them. So the next time you’re thinking of calling for gun control, the next time you’re telling someone to “check their privilege”, maybe you need to stop and check your envy instead. Certainly, envy has been the cause of as much death and destruction in this world as anything, and all you gun control advocates and social justice fanatics, aren’t doing anything to help the matter.

http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/05/24/elliot-rodger-liberalism-personified/

Steve Horwitz chimes in with this:

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10308744_674060165964767_5953989060929658036_n.jpg

His only comment on a murderer is to white knight for him. Wow. Insane.

UWDude
05-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Stupid article.

Feeding the Abscess
05-25-2014, 12:16 AM
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10314594_10204026487166237_5152524163221690242_n.j pg

Feeding the Abscess
05-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Stupid article.

Go to Elliot Rodger's youtube page and watch a video or two. Especially his 'retribution' video. Cantwell nailed it.

UWDude
05-25-2014, 02:30 AM
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10314594_10204026487166237_5152524163221690242_n.j pg

this is hilarious, though, I must admit. LoL

Philhelm
05-25-2014, 07:46 AM
They are saying “Hey, be angry with this class of people, because they have it better than you! No need to bring yourself up, let’s bring these people down! Let us do violence to these people on your behalf!” And when the violence comes, it does nothing to bring anybody up, it only brings the “privileged” people down.

*Cough* Government Nobility *Cough*

thoughtomator
05-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Go to Elliot Rodger's youtube page and watch a video or two. Especially his 'retribution' video. Cantwell nailed it.

I watched the video, and I couldn't help but be thinking the whole time that the guy was reacting to the constant flood of hypersexuality in the media.

Also the problem seems deeper than just with women. It seems that he had no friends at all.

In cases like this, I find it difficult not to blame the parents.

juleswin
05-25-2014, 08:04 AM
I am usually against anybody playing politics with national tragedies like this but I do agree with him. Btw you should also check out his youtube channel, he made one of the best take downs of an anti libertarian video I have ever seen

The video version of the OP article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfUmbLAOz4

The take down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIJhAE85NGE

Henry Rogue
05-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Check your envy.

Feeding the Abscess
05-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I watched the video, and I couldn't help but be thinking the whole time that the guy was reacting to the constant flood of hypersexuality in the media.

Also the problem seems deeper than just with women. It seems that he had no friends at all.

In cases like this, I find it difficult not to blame the parents.

Watch the video of him at the beach. If the 'retribution' video wasn't enough (constant 'it isn't fair' whinging and other tripe), that one will surely do the trick.

Antischism
05-25-2014, 07:10 PM
What a shitty article. Will not be bothering to seek out anything else by this person,

Lucille
05-28-2014, 10:12 AM
That’s what Elliot Rodger did. He hated that other people were enjoying their lives more than he was, and so he had to destroy them. So the next time you’re thinking of calling for gun control, the next time you’re telling someone to “check their privilege”, maybe you need to stop and check your envy instead. Certainly, envy has been the cause of as much death and destruction in this world as anything, and all you gun control advocates and social justice fanatics, aren’t doing anything to help the matter.

Check your envy.

One thousand times that.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/whiteness-sex-and-envy/

That said, it’s worth thinking about Yang’s point. I think the fundamental issue here, the one connecting Rodger’s particular psychopathologies, is a craving for status. All of us want to feel a sense of purpose in our lives, and want to be respected and loved by others. Rodger believed that without sex, his life had no meaning. What undid him was the belief that he was entitled to sex, the ultimate status marker (in his world) because he possessed all the status markers that in his reckoning entitled him to sexual attention.

One can understand his confusion. After all, he wasn’t bad looking. He was rich. He drove a fancy car. His family was in the film business. He was raised in a hedonistic culture that prized acquiring sex, fame, and money as the ultimate goal in life. He had the fame, relatively speaking (e.g., his easy access to the world of celebrity), and he certainly had the money. So why didn’t he have the sex? It never seems to have occurred to this rotten little troll that the problem was with him. Indeed, given how decent-looking he was, and how rich, he must have been a pretty horrible person not to be able to find someone in Kardashianland, where those corrupt sex-fame-wealth values reign, to sleep with him.

He could have found someone, but he felt he was entitled to a beautiful blonde.

Cleaner44
05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Apparently Elliot Rodger was a big fan of the liberal show Young Turks.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/05/another-leftist-killer%E2%9E%99-santa-barbara-shooter-elliot-rodger-was-fan-young-turks-channel/

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/elliot-rodger-fan-far-left-young-turks-youtube-show/

UWDude
05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Apparently Elliot Rodger was a big fan of the liberal show Young Turks.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/05/another-leftist-killer%E2%9E%99-santa-barbara-shooter-elliot-rodger-was-fan-young-turks-channel/

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/elliot-rodger-fan-far-left-young-turks-youtube-show/

I wouldn't be surprised:

1. Ana
2. Half of their stories are about sex.

AuH20
05-28-2014, 12:39 PM
His mentality was certainly that of a liberal elite, especially if you have read his lengthy manifesto.

Shane Harris
05-28-2014, 03:15 PM
I like Cantwell

dannno
05-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't think this is the best argument to use for this case, there is a much better argument if you read his manifesto or better yet you can get an overview and analysis by Stephan Molyneux on his freedomainradio or on youtube.

The fact was NO girls talked to him, in his final years he was at a school where around 60% of the student body is female, attractive and relatively liberal with their sexuality. It wasn't so much that he was only looking for hot blondes, he was probably willing to work his way up the ladder, the problem was he couldn't reach the first rung of the ladder. He had no friends and couldn't talk to people, especially women who he was utterly terrified of. This was primarily due to suffering from aspergers along with a host of other problems he had related to his upbringing (Stephan goes over this extensively).

Ya, the world doesn't owe you sex, but if EVERYBODY around you is having it and it is right in front of you constantly and you've never even experienced it, as someone in their early 20s with a strong libido this is about as excruciating and frustrating as it gets. The male sex drive I'm pretty sure is the strongest force in all of humanity, it's really not that hard to make a case for. The fact that he was horny as fuck would normally result in a guy his age trying to socialize and get laid, even if it is with someone less than desirable. But he couldn't even make progress toward doing that in his state, his mind was so warped. One of the problems, and this happens right out of the gate when he wasn't as warped and could have maybe made something out of it, is that women tend to have sex with a small percentage of the most attractive men, who have multiple partners, then the women get all emotional and upset constantly instead of they themselves doing what most guys do and going down lower on the rung. (I hope you're reading this Steph).

This creates a huge numbers problem that exhibits itself more heavily in earlier years until women decide to stop hurting themselves by going out with men who they are merely primarily sexually attracted to but who will then sleep with other women. There is this myth that attractive people aren't attracted to unattractive people.. the reason they say they aren't is because they can do better, but if women are just sleeping with men who are sleeping with other women then are they really doing "better" or are they just fooling themselves? They perhaps should do themselves a favor, if they want to stop hurting themselves, by stepping down a rung. Guys get blamed for wanting to have sex with hot women while all the women are having sex with the few very attractive males. That is an imbalance, and it hurts both men and women. Many of those labelled as mysoginysts tend to recognize it and even Stephan gave them a little bit of shit for it, but I hope he reads this and can see where we are coming from.

Elliot was a fascist who wanted to send all women to concentration camps so that no man could have the pleasure of sex while being denied to another. He would artificially inseminate these women to procreate and men would be focused on making society better rather than having sex. He was a megalomaniac eugenicist who wanted to shape society. I would use his desire to use deadly force to shape society to his own liking as a better symbol of how he was a liberal than the fact that he felt worthy to get laid and wasn't getting any, that would make too many men liberals who really aren't.

eduardo89
05-28-2014, 03:49 PM
What a shitty article. Will not be bothering to seek out anything else by this person,

What's wrong with the article?

Feeding the Abscess
05-28-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't think this is the best argument to use for this case, there is a much better argument if you read his manifesto or better yet you can get an overview and analysis by Stephan Molyneux on his freedomainradio or on youtube.

The fact was NO girls talked to him, in his final years he was at a school where around 60% of the student body is female, attractive and relatively liberal with their sexuality. It wasn't so much that he was only looking for hot blondes, he was probably willing to work his way up the ladder, the problem was he couldn't reach the first rung of the ladder. He had no friends and couldn't talk to people, especially women who he was utterly terrified of. This was primarily due to suffering from aspergers along with a host of other problems he had related to his upbringing (Stephan goes over this extensively).

Ya, the world doesn't owe you sex, but if EVERYBODY around you is having it and it is right in front of you constantly and you've never even experienced it, as someone in their early 20s with a strong libido this is about as excruciating and frustrating as it gets. The male sex drive I'm pretty sure is the strongest force in all of humanity, it's really not that hard to make a case for. The fact that he was horny as fuck would normally result in a guy his age trying to socialize and get laid, even if it is with someone less than desirable. But he couldn't even make progress toward doing that in his state, his mind was so warped. One of the problems, and this happens right out of the gate when he wasn't as warped and could have maybe made something out of it, is that women tend to have sex with a small percentage of the most attractive men, who have multiple partners, then the women get all emotional and upset constantly instead of they themselves doing what most guys do and going down lower on the rung. (I hope you're reading this Steph).

This creates a huge numbers problem that exhibits itself more heavily in earlier years until women decide to stop hurting themselves by going out with men who they are merely primarily sexually attracted to but who will then sleep with other women. There is this myth that attractive people aren't attracted to unattractive people.. the reason they say they aren't is because they can do better, but if women are just sleeping with men who are sleeping with other women then are they really doing "better" or are they just fooling themselves? They perhaps should do themselves a favor, if they want to stop hurting themselves, by stepping down a rung. Guys get blamed for wanting to have sex with hot women while all the women are having sex with the few very attractive males. That is an imbalance, and it hurts both men and women. Many of those labelled as mysoginysts tend to recognize it and even Stephan gave them a little bit of shit for it, but I hope he reads this and can see where we are coming from.

Elliot was a fascist who wanted to send all women to concentration camps so that no man could have the pleasure of sex while being denied to another. He would artificially inseminate these women to procreate and men would be focused on making society better rather than having sex. He was a megalomaniac eugenicist who wanted to shape society. I would use his desire to use deadly force to shape society to his own liking as a better symbol of how he was a liberal than the fact that he felt worthy to get laid and wasn't getting any, that would make too many men liberals who really aren't.

Stefan actually spent a few minutes talking about Rodger's entitlement and how it ties in with liberal ideology.

dannno
05-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Stefan actually spent a few minutes talking about Rodger's entitlement and how it ties in with liberal ideology.

Yes, I know, I think it is a weaker argument for the reasons I outlined, I kinda hope Stephan reads it. I'm not saying it's an invalid argument, just sorta weak.

dannno
05-28-2014, 04:45 PM
And also remember when people say that Elliot shot up everybody because women wouldn't have sex with him that Elliot said in his manifesto that if ONE girl had talked to him, tried to get to know him and had gone on a date with him, he would have cancelled the Day of Retribution.

Now, I know, nobody OWED this guy a date, and I know several girls who currently live in IV and I don't blame any of them individually but fuckin' a..

All he needed was some hope that some day he would be able to create an emotional bond with a female (since his mother apparently did a poor job of that and his step-mom was an evil bitch).

Feeding the Abscess
05-28-2014, 04:52 PM
And also remember when people say that Elliot shot up everybody because women wouldn't have sex with him that Elliot said in his manifesto that if ONE girl had talked to him, tried to get to know him and had gone on a date with him, he would have cancelled the Day of Retribution.

Now, I know, nobody OWED this guy a date, and I know several girls who currently live in IV and I don't blame any of them individually but fuckin' a..

All he needed was some hope that some day he would be able to create an emotional bond with a female (since his mother apparently did a poor job of that and his step-mom was an evil bitch).

It's his fault for not approaching women. Even if you look like Brad Pitt, most women are not going to approach you. I, too, was a kiss-less and sex-less guy at 22. Why? My mother was domineering, my dad was abusive (and when not abusive, was absent), and as a result I was socially stunted - especially when it came to interacting with women. It wasn't until I decided to break free from that mentality that things changed. And it was nearly an instant change. Literally, within about a week of getting out of that mindset, I courted the attention of several women, and was successful more often than I wasn't.

dannno
05-28-2014, 05:07 PM
It's his fault for not approaching women. Even if you look like Brad Pitt, most women are not going to approach you. I, too, was a kiss-less and sex-less guy at 22. Why? My mother was domineering, my dad was abusive (and when not abusive, was absent), and as a result I was socially stunted - especially when it came to interacting with women. It wasn't until I decided to break free from that mentality that things changed. And it was nearly an instant change. Literally, within about a week of getting out of that mindset, I courted the attention of several women, and was successful more often than I wasn't.

So what happens when you have those parenting problems, add a couple more scoops of parenting problems and a side helping of aspergers? For me it's hard to blame him for not approaching women, I mean, he REALLY should have done it more (if he ever did) and so should I..I would never discourage him from doing it.. but I still tend to meet most girls through acquaintances and rarely approach them if they don't know me or my friends even though I've been with quite a few girls now and have even lived with my ex gf for well over 2 years (we lived together for 2 years going out).

So I pretty much went through the same thing and for me there was no 'defining moment' when everything changed, I just got lucky and met a girl who knew my friends and was DTF. Just having sex lifted a heavy load off my shoulders and I lived my life differently from that day on, the day I lost my virginity was really the day I lost the obsession for losing my virginity and all of the pain, mental, physical, emotional pain and anguish that entailed. So if anything, having sex with the defining moment where my mind came more into line with the way I wanted to live and operate, but I'm still socially awkward and I don't know if it is something I'll ever be able to overcome or whether I am stuck with it. Fortunately I enjoy being around social situations and will sort of half or fully participate but don't mind taking a back-seat and just soak in the vibes either.

Nirvikalpa
05-29-2014, 07:56 PM

Actually, in his manifesto he speaks highly of his mother a few times.

"My mother’s kind and loving nature, however, made up for this, and she
turned the household into a fun environment which I enjoyed living in."

"My mother indulged in me more than my father and Soumaya ever did. She knew what I liked and what
I didn’t like, and she would go out of her way to make my life pleasant and enjoyable."

He also had a few childhood female friends he wrote about as well, and he saw them throughout HS/college too. So I guess his "one woman" rule was bullshit.

Towards the end of the month, my mother invited Maddy and Mo Humpreys over for dinner. Mother
had recently been reconnecting with her old friend Mo. Maddy had just graduated from USC, a
university renowned for its abundance of spoiled, bratty students who partied all the time, very similar
to UCSB. I often call USC the “University of Spoiled *****”, just like I call UCSB the “University of
California’s Spoiled Brats”. Brilliant, fitting nicknames! Before Maddy came, I stalked her Facebook for a
bit, and I saw that she was the exact image of everything I hated in women. She was a popular, spoiled
USC girl who partied with her hot, beautiful blonde-haired clique of friends. All of them looked like
absolute c****, and my hatred for them all grew from each picture I saw on her profile. They were the
kind of beautiful, popular people who lived pleasurable lives and would look down on me as inferior
scum, never accepting me as one of them. They were my enemies. They represented everything that as wrong with this world. Maddy was my first friend in America. As a child, I played with her as an
equal. Now she was my enemy. I would take great delight in torturing and flaying her and every single
one of her spoiled, obnoxious evil friends.

Who the hell wants to go on a date with someone like that?

And do you know his stepmother, or are you just judging her character from a psycho's manifesto?

----

Seriously, the guy argued for everything against libertarianism. He was against freedom (the freedom to associate and disassociate with whomever you please). He argued for concentration camps and starving people to death. He argued for eugenics.

Are you seriously defending the guy?

No1butPaul
05-30-2014, 08:09 PM
In his manifesto he wrote: "I tactfully told them that it was all a misunderstanding, and they finally left. If they had demanded to search my room… That would have ended everything."

Gee...all they had to do was ignore the constitution and nobody had to get hurt.

Pericles
05-30-2014, 10:21 PM
This dude was destined in life to have to rent a girlfriend.

dannno
05-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Actually, in his manifesto he speaks highly of his mother a few times.

"My mother’s kind and loving nature, however, made up for this, and she
turned the household into a fun environment which I enjoyed living in."

"My mother indulged in me more than my father and Soumaya ever did. She knew what I liked and what
I didn’t like, and she would go out of her way to make my life pleasant and enjoyable."

He also had a few childhood female friends he wrote about as well, and he saw them throughout HS/college too. So I guess his "one woman" rule was bullshit.

No he had only one childhood female friend, ironically it was the very first person his age he ever met and made friends with in the US. It was the only girl friend he ever had and I believe he only saw her one time once he got older and they weren't really friends after age 8 or 9 I think.

His mom told him that he was an accident. Also did you know that if a mom is away from her baby for more than 20 hours at any one time during the first two weeks of their life they can suffer severe abandonment syndrome? I don't even know if that happened, I'm only mentioning all this not as an excuse for killing everybody, but this kid had a pile of straw (representing individual problems) on his shoulders that was ridiculous. His mother was a lot nicer than his step mom, that's for sure, and although his mom paid more attention to him when he got older she also would make plans for him without consulting him and they would send him off or do things right at the last minute without preparing or consulting him. I don't think that he had a true bond with his mom, I think she was more like the person who was nicer and paid more attention to him.

Who the hell wants to go on a date with someone like that?

"That" is a result of being rejected by his parents, ALL of his peers and not being able to form emotional bonds with people.

And do you know his stepmother, or are you just judging her character from a psycho's manifesto?

I know that his dad had pictures of his step-mom's bare ass and vagina hanging out on his website, not that I'm a prude or anything but his dad and step-mom had some major issues, and I don't have any reason to disbelieve anything he said in the manifesto.

----

Seriously, the guy argued for everything against libertarianism. He was against freedom (the freedom to associate and disassociate with whomever you please). He argued for concentration camps and starving people to death. He argued for eugenics.

Are you seriously defending the guy?

Defending? No, megalomania and fascism and concentration camps are pure evil. I'm saying his parents/step and society fucked him up almost every way imaginable, and I also believe he may have been brain damaged by vaccines. I feel sorry for people with mental disabilities and handicaps.

Nirvikalpa
05-31-2014, 09:22 AM
No he had only one childhood female friend, ironically it was the very first person his age he ever met and made friends with in the US. It was the only girl friend he ever had and I believe he only saw her one time once he got older and they weren't really friends after age 8 or 9 I think.

His mom told him that he was an accident. Also did you know that if a mom is away from her baby for more than 20 hours at any one time during the first two weeks of their life they can suffer severe abandonment syndrome? I don't even know if that happened, I'm only mentioning all this not as an excuse for killing everybody, but this kid had a pile of straw (representing individual problems) on his shoulders that was ridiculous. His mother was a lot nicer than his step mom, that's for sure, and although his mom paid more attention to him when he got older she also would make plans for him without consulting him and they would send him off or do things right at the last minute without preparing or consulting him. I don't think that he had a true bond with his mom, I think she was more like the person who was nicer and paid more attention to him.

"That" is a result of being rejected by his parents, ALL of his peers and not being able to form emotional bonds with people.

I know that his dad had pictures of his step-mom's bare ass and vagina hanging out on his website, not that I'm a prude or anything but his dad and step-mom had some major issues, and I don't have any reason to disbelieve anything he said in the manifesto.

Defending? No, megalomania and fascism and concentration camps are pure evil. I'm saying his parents/step and society fucked him up almost every way imaginable, and I also believe he may have been brain damaged by vaccines. I feel sorry for people with mental disabilities and handicaps.

So I think you meant to say that his father was an evil bastard.