PDA

View Full Version : Obama blames Founding Fathers’ ‘structural’ design of Congress for gridlock

francisco
05-23-2014, 09:10 PM
President Obama is taking a swipe at the Founding Fathers, blaming his inability to move his agenda on the “disadvantage” of having each state represented equally in the Senate.

At a Democratic fundraiser in Chicago Thursday night, Mr. Obama told a small group of wealthy supporters that there are several hurdles to keeping Democrats in control of the Senate and recapturing the House. One of those problems, he said, is the apportionment of two Senate seats to each state regardless of population

Note to Mr. President: It's a feature, not a bug

read more:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/23/obama-blames-structural-design-congress-gridlock/

James Madison
05-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Might as well get rid of Congress and just declare the President a King. No need to beat around the bush.

Paulbot99
05-24-2014, 01:01 AM
What Obama and his supporters don't understand is that the Founders intended ​gridlock. Our government isn't supposed to be efficient.

Henry Rogue
05-24-2014, 06:35 AM
Gridlock is good.

Ronin Truth
05-24-2014, 07:22 AM
Leviathan was not the original idea. Get a clue, Barry.

XNavyNuke
05-24-2014, 07:30 AM
The Glorious Leader is supposedly a Constitutional scholar, so he certainly knows the reason for the language and is familiar with William Patterson's speech of June 9, 1787.

It is so ironic that our first slave descendant President would align himself and his wealthy party friends with the Founding Fathers from the slave holding states.

I guess that makes him an Uncle Tom.

XNN

No1butPaul
05-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Bump
Sorry about the repost :rolleyes:

francisco
05-24-2014, 11:34 AM
...It is so ironic that our first slave descendant President would align himself and his wealthy party friends with the Founding Fathers from the slave holding states...

Just because Obama is (half) black doesn't mean that he is descended from slaves. Obama's black father was a modern-day national from Kenya. Does Obama claim any slave ancestors?

GunnyFreedom
05-24-2014, 11:37 AM
The Glorious Leader is supposedly a Constitutional scholar, so he certainly knows the reason for the language and is familiar with William Patterson's speech of June 9, 1787.

It is so ironic that our first slave descendant President would align himself and his wealthy party friends with the Founding Fathers from the slave holding states.

XNN

Oh-bomb-ya is not even close to a slave descendant. I probably have closer slave blood than he does.

XNavyNuke
05-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Just because Obama is (half) black doesn't mean that he is descended from slaves. Obama's black father was a modern-day national from Kenya. Does Obama claim any slave ancestors?

Who Am I To Question State Media About The Glorious Leader? If NPR says its true, why question?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/07/30/157597233/genealogists-say-obama-likely-a-descendant-of-first-american-slave

XNN

HOLLYWOOD
05-24-2014, 11:52 AM
More bullshit from politicians(doesn't matter at what level) to keep the proletariat occupied fighting each other over trivial crumbs.

Natives getting restless, masses closing in on how they're being screwed by their government masters... create more bullshit headlines and false dialectics.

More entertaining watching reruns of Star Trek the Original Series episodes: 'Bread and Circuses' AND 'Patterns of Force'

francisco
05-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Who Am I To Question State Media About The Glorious Leader? If NPR says its true, why question?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/07/30/157597233/genealogists-say-obama-likely-a-descendant-of-first-american-slave

XNN

Both Gunny and XNN make corresponding interesting points showing the convoluted history of racial mixing in America.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread, XNN's link says in part:

Genealogists at Ancestry.com : After years of studying President Obama's family tree, they have concluded that he was likely John Punch's 11th great-grandson. Punch is considered the first documented American slave.

The second surprise: The experts connected President Obama to Punch not through his African father, but through his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, who was white.

Lots of people who consider themselves white have some black ancestry, and vice-versa.

libertyjam
05-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Both Gunny and XNN make corresponding interesting points showing the convoluted history of racial mixing in America.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread, XNN's link says in part:

Lots of people who consider themselves white have some black ancestry, and vice-versa.

Heck I thought he was talking about his most likely real father, Frank what's-his-name.

GunnyFreedom
05-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Heck I thought he was talking about his most likely real father, Frank what's-his-name.

The Kenyan guy who came from a family of slave-traders? :D

XNavyNuke
05-24-2014, 01:31 PM
The Kenyan guy who came from a family of slave-traders? :D

Thus, it is only fitting that he holds the position of Virginia Governor Edmund Randolph, planter, slave holder, and financial speculator and his championing role at the Convention in support of proportional representation.

XNN

HVACTech
05-24-2014, 05:27 PM
how is this not sedition?
he is suggesting that the "structure" itself, (the constitution) needs to be changed.
this is NOT supporting and defending, this is outright attacking.

se·di·tion
siˈdiSHən/Submit
noun
conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
synonyms: rabble-rousing, incitement to rebel, subversion, troublemaking, provocation; More

Vanguard101
05-24-2014, 05:34 PM

XNN
We have some really stupid people on this website.

Victor Grey
05-24-2014, 07:44 PM
The foundation for the government was never geared to support the introduction of a large state, and the allowances toward that are generous enough as it currently exists. Obama is just complaining that, for their flaws, the national founders knew people like him would eventually exist and intended to place hurdles in their way.

In short, screw'm and his complaining.

moostraks
05-24-2014, 08:09 PM
how is this not sedition?
he is suggesting that the "structure" itself, (the constitution) needs to be changed.
this is NOT supporting and defending, this is outright attacking.

se·di·tion
siˈdiSHən/Submit
noun
conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
synonyms: rabble-rousing, incitement to rebel, subversion, troublemaking, provocation; More

Valid question in my opinion, Anyone?

Paulbot99
05-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Valid question in my opinion, Anyone?

He is the President. :cool:

That and he is just voicing an agenda supported by some very powerful and influential people.

Tod
05-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Not nearly enough gridlock.

moostraks
05-24-2014, 08:20 PM

That and he is just voicing an agenda supported by some very powerful and influential people.

Sucks to be us, eh?

acptulsa
05-24-2014, 08:25 PM
'Those bastards didn't make me king!!

'Hate it when that happens!!'

That makes one of us, Barry.

economics102
05-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Might as well get rid of Congress and just declare the President a King. No need to beat around the bush.

It sounds like what he wants is not to be king, but to have a democracy apportioned based on who has the most welfare kids....err, I mean based on population.

HVACTech
05-24-2014, 08:31 PM

how does that answer the question?

you sound like jay Carney.

Paulbot99
05-24-2014, 08:53 PM
how does that answer the question?

you sound like jay Carney.

Basically, I'm saying it is sedition, but he has the political power/connections to get away with it.

HVACTech
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Basically, I'm saying it is sedition, but he has the political power/connections to get away with it.

agreed. but he is REALLY pushing it.

it seems to me, that he is pushing all the buttons at the same time. and boobus is still clueless.

this will not end well.

pcosmar
05-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Who called this motherfucker a piccolo player.

er,,, a Constitutional Scholar

XNavyNuke
05-24-2014, 10:06 PM
We have some really stupid people on this website.

Ooh! Does that mean I get some negative rep?

XNN

anaconda
05-25-2014, 01:28 AM
What Obama and his supporters don't understand is that the Founders intended ​gridlock. Our government isn't supposed to be efficient.

I am continually amused when I see ratings of Congress based upon the amount of legislation passed.

anaconda
05-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Leviathan was not the original idea. Get a clue, Barry.

States rights are indeed an inconvenience for Obama's handlers.

anaconda
05-25-2014, 01:40 AM
Hey didn't Obama take an oath to defend the Constitution? Now he's trash talking...

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2014, 01:44 AM
I am continually amused when I see ratings of Congress based upon the amount of legislation passed.

You should have seen my Lobbyist-polled "effectiveness ratings" in the NC House. :D The Lobbyists polled me the "least effective" of every member in both chambers. :D :D :D

Philhelm
05-25-2014, 07:51 AM

"Necessary and proper" or "interstate commerce?" I'm guessing interstate commerce.

XNavyNuke
05-25-2014, 08:44 AM
You should have seen my Lobbyist-polled "effectiveness ratings" in the NC House. :D The Lobbyists polled me the "least effective" of every member in both chambers. :D :D :D

Do you get a ribbon for that? I would consider that to be a honor!

XNN

JK/SEA
05-25-2014, 09:17 AM
off topic, but is it a federal crime to burn an effigy?

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Because Obama wants an "enlightened" (LOL) minority to dictate to the majority. The biggest mistake the Founders made was not requiring a 90% consensus to pass new laws.

Paulbot99
05-25-2014, 10:06 AM
agreed. but he is REALLY pushing it.

it seems to me, that he is pushing all the buttons at the same time. and boobus is still clueless.

this will not end well.

I know... :(

moostraks
05-25-2014, 10:46 AM
off topic, but is it a federal crime to burn an effigy?

Pay no attention to the black vehicles sitting outside...Do not, I repeat do NOT open your door!

Carson
05-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Gridlock is good.

Yes! And "O" so sweet.

Only if we could have a little.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/evenmorestuff/scrollwheelfont2.gif

francisco
05-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Because Obama wants an "enlightened" (LOL) minority to dictate to the majority. The biggest mistake the Founders made was not requiring a 90% consensus to pass new laws.

I've always been partial to the idea of requiring a 2/3 majority in order to pass a law, but only a majority of 1/2 to repeal one.

(I was originally exposed to this idea in a short story by SF/Fantasy writer R.A. Lafferty, "the Polity and Custom of the Cameroi", found in his collection 900 Grandmothers. Well worth seeking that collection out, there are some remarkably inventive and humorous stories there).

Carson
05-25-2014, 11:09 AM
We are living in the part of the movie, Idiocracy were the guy describes the way he likes to do it turning them sideways.

NOT THAT PART (I hope.) ↓

Idiocracy - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk