PDA

View Full Version : There are a ton of justified complaints about the new site listed at dailypaul.com

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 10:37 AM
They need to be addressed.

Please see

http://dailypaul.com/node/10258

libertyanne
12-01-2007, 10:39 AM
More problems listed at

http://dailypaul.com/node/10278

1913_to_2008
12-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Bump

jpinkerton
12-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Big Problems with the Blimp Project

1. Its being run by hard-core neo-Ron's who still think "Google Ron Paul" is an effective marketing tool. That's fine for homemade signs, not $350,000 blimps

2. There is no Pac but I think they set up an LLC to allow you to personally "purchase" advertising minutes on the blimp. There is some pre-law guy in Ashville running it. Not sure if it's real or not.

3. Its bleeding money away from ronpaul2008.com - unless you have given the max donate to the man! Not some guys ego boosting site.

4. $350,000 spent on a targeted Media campaign of some sorts in NH moves Dr. Paul up in the polls 5 points - a blimp is cool but its impact in the early states is unknown.

5. Why should I trust these guys with my money? I don't!

6. Wow - talk about lacking on details. You've have four weeks to plan...some specifics would be great.

To each their own, it’s your money, but if Dr. Paul loses in NH and you gave to the blimp - look in the mirror and ask yourself if your donation could have made the difference. Good luck!

+1!

Mark Mosconi
12-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I'll be honest, I have not nearly donated the max amount that I could to the ron paul campaign, nor do i have the cash to, but when I get cash, my donations will be going to the campaign, not to the blimp. I'll let others try out the blimp idea. It may be a little too out of the box for me.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Simply put "RonPaul2008.com"!

macdee
12-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I would like to see more transparency concerning the collection of funds.

A business was set up as a LLC. Do a Google search on LLC to read more.

Is there a LLC filling number available for this business?

Why the NO REFUND clause. What happens to the money if the total cost of the blimp is not reached?

Why is the address of the newly created company the same as the paralegals address?

Why no phone number? Sounds like this is a one man show to me.

Why isn’t there some kind of independent oversight to protect the interest of contributors?

Every created business has to post a DBA statement in a local paper. What’s the name of the paper so I can verify who the owners are of the business.

I could go on. I need to see more above board transparency to feel comfortable. It's all about doing business in good faith on both sides.

I’m going to guess their working on getting this information to potential contributors. It’s a lot of money and one would be very tempted by that amount.

Personally, I really need to see more transparency on the business end before I can contribute.

Justs a note, what happens if Rudy files a law suit and grounds the blimp? Legal funds should be set aside at a BIG Law Firm to guard against this from happening.

Mark
12-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I would like to see more transparency concerning the collection of funds.

A business was set up as a LLC. Do a Google search on LLC to read more.

Is there a LLC filling number available for this business?

Why the NO REFUND clause. What happens to the money if the total cost of the blimp is not reached?

Why is the address of the newly created company the same as the paralegals address?

Why no phone number? Sounds like this is a one man show to me.

Why isn’t there some kind of independent oversight to protect the interest of contributors?

Every created business has to post a DBA statement in a local paper. What’s the name of the paper so I can verify who the owners are of the business.

I could go on. I need to see more above board transparency to feel comfortable. It's all about doing business in good faith on both sides.

I’m going to guess their working on getting this information to potential contributors. It’s a lot of money and one would be very tempted by that amount.

Personally, I really need to see more transparency on the business end before I can contribute.

Justs a note, what happens if Rudy files a law suit and grounds the blimp? Legal funds should be set aside at a BIG Law Firm to guard against this from happening.

The "paralegal" told me in a post that
he thought Non-Profit Incorporated Organization's like mine had AUTOMATIC 501(c)3 status.

And someone THAT unknowledgable is the LEGAL council? Are you kidding me? I'll stay FAR away thank you.

NO REFUNDS. right

steph3n
12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
The "paralegal" told me in a post that
he thought Non-Profit Incorporated Organization's like mine had AUTOMATIC 501(c)3 status.

And someone THAT unknowledgable is the LEGAL council? Are you kidding me? I'll stay FAR away thank you.

NO REFUNDS. right

501c3 and non profit are different, but they can both take time to setup.