PDA

View Full Version : SC-GPS tracking brings cops to house where stolen cel phone may be. Cops shoot dog.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2014, 07:39 PM
This story has just everything about how creepy and full of fail our future is.

Big Brother. School (prison) cops. Cops shooting the family dog...

Of course, nobody knows what happened to the alleged stolen phone.

Anderson family upset after police shoot, kill pet dog

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/25576839/anderson-family-upset-after-police-shoot-kill-pet-dog

ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) -
An Anderson family is angry after the death of their pit bull. The dog, named Cream, was shot and killed by Anderson police, who arrived at their home to investigate a stolen cell phone.

Police tell FOX Carolina they were forced to shoot the dog to protect themselves.

Adrien Best, who had two adults, three teens and three young children at her home Monday evening on East Franklin Street, said she heard the shots. She was inside the house when one of her sons told her police were pulling up the driveway.

She said by the time she reached the front door, she heard two shots fired. She said she was immediately worried about her children playing outside. Then she realized one of her family's dogs had been shot by officers.

"I tried to gather the kids up to put them in the house because apparently you're not safe outside with officers where we should be because they're protecting and serve," Best said. "If you show up with a gun and you're irate, then you're not protecting me so I did not feel safe."

Within moments, she found out why police were at her house. They were investigating a cell phone stolen from T.L. Hanna High School. The report was initiated by the school's resource officer, who is an Anderson County deputy.

The phone had been tracked by GPS to Best's house and was being carried by a friend of her son's, who told her he had found it at school. The school resource officer called for back-up from Anderson police because the East Franklin Street is in the city. A spokesman for the Anderson County Sheriff's Office said the resource officer was not on scene yet when the dog was shot.

FOX Carolina called the Anderson Police Department, who provided an incident report of the dog shooting. It was written by Officer Joseph Chapman.

Part of the report said, "A brown and white large dog charged myself and Captain Aman. Officers did draw duty issue weapons and felt in fear that the dog was going to attack, due to the threatening manner it was coming at officers. Captain Aman did shoot the dog with one shot, at which time the dog went into some bushes and was not a threat."

But the family gave a different story, calling their dog a gentle giant. Adrian Gaines, one of Best's sons, was in the driveway when he saw officers arrive and witnessed the shooting.

"The dog didn't bark, show any teeth, it didn't rush them, didn't growl or anything," Gaines said. "Once he shot him the first time, I'm sure he was scared and that's how he got up in the bushes and he ran up in the bushes and that's when you shoot him again. He's in the bushes bleeding already and you shoot him again."

The shooting of the dog was witnessed by four children, including a 13-year-old named Jeremiah. He cried for hours after the dog was killed. He and others in the family want to know why this happened.

"He was a good dog," Jeremiah said. "He didn't deserve to die. They shouldn't have shot him. There was no point to it."

Now, the family plans to file a formal complaint with Anderson police.

In the meantime, the department indicates they did what they had to do to make sure their officers were safe. They said because the dog was not in a fence or tethered, there was no option.

For Jeremiah, that's not good enough, saying, "Something needs to happen. You can't just do that and get away with it."

(Yes, it does, Jeremiah, yes it does...AF)

FOX Carolina is working to gather more information on what came of the initial investigation into the cell phone.

moostraks
05-21-2014, 08:50 PM
We remind and warn consumers that it is a violation of federal law to use a cell jammer or similar devices that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications such as cell phones, police radar, GPS, and Wi-Fi. Despite some marketers’ claims, consumers cannot legally use jammers within the United States, nor can retailers lawfully sell them.http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

They will track and you will comply. Explain to me this freedom thing again.

Henry Rogue
05-21-2014, 09:45 PM
She talks to grade school kids and teenagers who have been conditioned to mistrust or despise police.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?452265-A-police-officer-explains-why-cops-are-a-h-amp-And-fails-miserably

The shooting of the dog was witnessed by four children, including a 13-year-old named Jeremiah. He cried for hours after the dog was killed. He and others in the family want to know why this happened.*

Danke
05-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Did they recover the stolen cellphone? I'd say traumatized children and dog's life is worth that.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Did they recover the stolen cellphone? I'd say traumatized children and dog's life is worth that.

No one seems to know, or if it was even "stolen" in the first place.

Gotta figure somebody would have got dragged off to jail if there was the slightest reason to do so.

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/04/20/4207656/art-boston-thanks-620x349.jpg

Occam's Banana
05-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Of course, nobody knows what happened to the alleged stolen phone.

The tracking grid was successfully employed by the "resource" apparatchik of the local Public Indoctrination Center.
Armed enforcers were then deployed ... and officer safety was assured.
All events occurred fully within normal mission parameters.

Nothing else matters.
All in all, a smashing success.
The cell phone itself is entirely ancillary.

JK/SEA
05-22-2014, 08:33 AM
hey, owner of the dog....shut up.....bury your dog and move on. Nothing to do or say. Your dog is dead. Get over it, and while your at it, you need to thank God you're still alive. Send em some donuts with a thankyou card, and get on your knees, kiss the boot, and have a nice day maggot.

FindLiberty
05-22-2014, 11:24 AM
The poor dog was permanently de-threated and 13-year-old Jeremiah cried.

Unfortunately, the kids and family learned a few valuable lessons 'bout cops, dogs and removing cellphone batteries, but they may not yet connect all those things together regarding the act of dialing 911 and/or talking to police.

Dr.3D
05-22-2014, 11:44 AM
The poor dog was permanently de-threated and 13-year-old Jeremiah cried.

Unfortunately, the kids and family learned a few valuable lessons 'bout cops, dogs and removing cellphone batteries, but they may not yet connect all those things together regarding the act of dialing 911 and/or talking to police.
Well, damn it, kids are being taught in school to dial 911 when they think there is an emergency. I know my youngest son once dialed 911 and he is still being reminded to call a hippy instead of the cops.