PDA

View Full Version : Obama is sending 80 military personnel to find missing Nigerian schoolgirls

tsai3904
05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Letter from the President --War Powers Notification on Chad

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President)

Approximately 80 U.S. Armed Forces personnel have deployed to Chad as part of the U.S. efforts to locate and support the safe return of over 200 schoolgirls who are reported to have been kidnapped in Nigeria. These personnel will support the operation of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance aircraft for missions over northern Nigeria and the surrounding area. The force will remain in Chad until its support in resolving the kidnapping situation is no longer required.

This action has been directed in furtherance of U.S. national security and foreign policy interests, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct U.S. foreign relations and as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive.

I am providing this report as part of my efforts to keep the Congress fully informed, consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148). I appreciate the support of the Congress in these actions.

Sincerely,

BARACK OBAMA

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/21/letter-president-war-powers-notification-chad

phill4paul
05-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Are any of the kidnapped American citizens? Do the kidnappers pose a threat to AmeriKa?

There is no authorization for this measure. Not that it matters.

James Madison
05-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Are any of the kidnapped American citizens? Do the kidnappers pose a threat to AmeriKa?

There is no authorization for this measure. Not that it matters.

Barry says otherwise...

This action has been directed in furtherance of U.S. national security and foreign policy interests, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct U.S. foreign relations and as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive.

LOL

Carlybee
05-21-2014, 03:09 PM
How about Nigeria hire some mercenaries ?

pcosmar
05-21-2014, 03:53 PM
If anyone thinks this government is concerned about some schoolgirls,, they are truly delusional.

devil21
05-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Why Chad then? Chad has the smallest border with Nigeria of any neighboring country.

Just watched Sheila Jackson Lee give a quick floor speech advocating for a bill to make the "missing girls" a high DoD priority. Oh boy.

Now Barbara Lee is following with another speech saying same thing.

Wtf is this bring "our" girls home stuff anyway? These people are acting like they are Americans or something.

juleswin
05-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Why Chad then? Chad has the smallest border with Nigeria of any neighboring country.

Just watched Sheila Jackson Lee give a quick floor speech advocating for a bill to make the "missing girls" a high DoD priority. Oh boy.

Now Barbara Lee is following with another speech saying same thing.

Wtf is this bring "our" girls home stuff anyway? These people are acting like they are Americans or something.

They are stationed in Chad because it is closest to the area where these animals operate i.e. NORTH east Nigeria. There are stories that the boko haram were able to upgrade their arsenal with weapons stolen from Libya after the US delivered democracy to it. One would think that Obama with all his connections to Africa will be good for the continent, but just about every action he has taken regarding Africa has failed.

Carlybee
05-21-2014, 05:20 PM

Have they tried looking for them in Sheila's hair?

bunklocoempire
05-21-2014, 06:51 PM
My own infringed natural rights are unimpressed. Again.

Pericles
05-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Alternate plan:
1 SF-ODA
10,000 AK-47s
50,000 30 round AK magazines
1,000,000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammunition

Minimal assembly required. Events will take their natural course from there.

GunnyFreedom
05-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Didn't Ron Paul say like 8 months ago that Chad was next? I'm pretty sure he did.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Ya'll are a bunch of heartless racists.

Pericles
05-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Arm a crap load of average people, teach those people how to use those arms. There will then be just as much tyranny as the population will tolerate.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Arm a crap load of average people, teach those people how to use those arms. There will then be just as much tyranny as the population will tolerate.

You know how it is...those people can't handle freedom.

05-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Missing children in Africa, while sad and unfortunate, is not a US national security issue. Where is the president authorized to deploy the military for foreign policy concerns without the authorization of congress? National security, yes he can under the war powers act, but this is not national security.

amy31416
05-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Bet we kill more than 200 innocent people in order to bring "our" girls back. Meanwhile, plenty of sex trafficking going on here in the US, some of it probably supported by gov't goons.

moostraks
05-22-2014, 06:17 AM
Bet we kill more than 200 innocent people in order to bring "our" girls back. Meanwhile, plenty of sex trafficking going on here in the US, some of it probably supported by gov't goons.
The could start with CPS here instead...

specsaregood
05-22-2014, 07:02 AM

well now we have a motive....don't steal the govt hates competition.

Pericles
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
The could start with CPS here instead...

Its not illegal when the government does it.:rolleyes:

GunnyFreedom
05-22-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure when obombya went into Libya, Ron Paul explicitly said that Chad was next.

JK/SEA
05-22-2014, 01:55 PM
send in the BLM. Those guys are badass right?

mello
05-22-2014, 02:01 PM
I would have preferred a kickstarter project to raise funds to hire Blackwater-type private soldiers instead of the government doing it. The individuals that truly want to help rescue the girls would donate instead of the government using taxpayer dollars to do it.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of horrible things that happen around the world on a daily basis. That doesn't mean that the U.S. should be the world's policeman.

juleswin
05-22-2014, 02:30 PM
I would have preferred a kickstarter project to raise funds to hire Blackwater-type private soldiers instead of the government doing it. The individuals that truly want to help rescue the girls would donate instead of the government using taxpayer dollars to do it.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of horrible things that happen around the world on a daily basis. That doesn't mean that the U.S. should be the world's policeman.

Its not about money. You can kickstart from today to end of time, if you cannot come up with equipment to do aerial surveillance and other stuff to find the terrorists, all that money does you no good. I'll just show you the kind of money Nigerian politicians make in a year to see how its so not about money for this particular crisis.

Just know that 150 ish Naira (N) = $1

Here are some of the miffing facts in their report. Four times this year, each of the 360 members of the House of Representatives will receive ₦35 million as "constituency allowance." In conservative terms, that's $300,000 per member per quarter. At the end of the year, then, each member of the House would have collected a cool $1.2 million.

If this figure has made you dizzy - or put you in a tizzy - hold on a minute until you hear this one. Each of the 109 senators collects ₦48 million per quarter. At the end of the year, each senator's haul will be in the neighborhood of $1.7 million. That's not a bad sum for doing - little to nothing.

In case you're wondering, these legislators gobble enough cash to give pocket money to President Barack Obama. Obama's salary is $400,000 per annum. That's less than what each Nigerian senator "eats" each quarter.

Mind; this gargantuan "constituency allowance" comes on top of salaries and other sundry allowances by the Abuja "lootocrats." As a former member of the National Assembly told me, there's no requirement that the legislators explain how they spend their so-called "constituency" funds.

"Throughout the four years I spent in the House," said this former representative, who asked for anonymity, "I don't know of one member who used the money to do anything serious in his or her constituency. The cash was pocketed."

http://www.nairaland.com/276078/what-senator-earns-nigeria-die

devil21
05-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Any one remember this?

Obama pledges $7 billion for African power infrastructure upgrades....including Nigeria and neighboring countries
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/30/world/africa/south-africa-obama-pledge/index.html

Wondering if 80 military personnel will actually be used as protection for the companies doing these upgrades....

dannno
05-22-2014, 03:20 PM
send in the BLM. Those guys are badass right?

YES, send all of the BLM to Africa, PLEASE...

They can go try and kick tribes out of their villages and claim the land belongs to the government.

belian78
05-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Didn't Ron Paul say like 8 months ago that Chad was next? I'm pretty sure he did.
I tried to rep this and it said I neg'd it!? Sorry Gunny. :(

HOLLYWOOD
05-22-2014, 05:14 PM
May 1961 - President Kennedy sends 400 American Green Beret 'Special Advisors' to South Vietnam (http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/vietnam/index-1961.html)