PDA

View Full Version : Man Loses Testicle After Beating By Albuquerque PD , Cop Deletes Bystander's Videos

SeanTX
05-21-2014, 11:34 AM
More APD hijinks ... at least this time the lapel cam video wasn't "lost."

http://www.abqjournal.com/403682/news/rough-arrest-shown-in-lapel-cam-video.html

Arrest that resulted in removed testicle shown in video

By Patrick Lohmann / Journal Staff Writer
UPDATED: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 6:33 am
PUBLISHED: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 12:05 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8gp3qJ1d8

Lapel camera video from a recent arrest of a law student shows an Albuquerque Police Department officer slamming the student into the back of his truck, apparently kicking him in the groin in the process, before taking the student to the ground and arresting him for allegedly driving while drunk and possessing marijuana.

The video, obtained and released by ProgressNow New Mexico, also shows officer Pablo Padilla, who has been with APD since 2001, snatching the phone belonging to one of the passengers in 24-year-old Jeremy Martin’s truck and later deleting videos the passenger had taken of the arrest.

Martin had to have one of his testicles surgically removed due to injuries he sustained in the April 25 arrest.

Police declined to comment on the arrest, saying that it was a “personnel matter.” They also would not comment generally on police training relating to seizing cellphones or striking suspects in the groin. Padilla has been assigned to desk duty, according to KOAT-TV, though APD would not confirm that.

snip

After Martin is placed in a police vehicle, Padilla walks back to the truck and orders the two passengers to get out and sit on the curb. One passenger holds his cellphone up, and Padilla asks him to stop filming, saying the encounter is being captured on the officer’s lapel camera.

The passenger begins to object and questions what law he is violating by filming the arrest when Padilla grabs the phone from his hand. He is later seen deleting video from the phone.

snip

JK/SEA
05-21-2014, 11:45 AM
well, i guess a nice suit and tie and well groomed won't work.

hmmm....more boot licking is needed.

kcchiefs6465
05-21-2014, 12:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8gp3qJ1d8
2:25 cop kicks the man in the balls.

9:20 he records himself deleting the video.

helmuth_hubener
05-21-2014, 12:10 PM
I really hope he wasn't drunk. According to one of the comments on Youtube no breathalyzer was administered. If he wasn't drunk, or if they have no conclusive evidence that he was drunk, then he is in a decent situation, legally. Physically, that is really unfortunate. He could sue and there may be some hope of getting compensated.

RonPaulMall
05-21-2014, 04:01 PM
I really hope he wasn't drunk. According to one of the comments on Youtube no breathalyzer was administered. If he wasn't drunk, or if they have no conclusive evidence that he was drunk, then he is in a decent situation, legally. Physically, that is really unfortunate. He could sue and there may be some hope of getting compensated.

"A drunken man is as much entitled to a safe street as a sober one, and much more in need of it."
-Robinson v. Pioche, Bayerque & Co., 5 Cal. 460 (1855)

LibForestPaul
05-21-2014, 04:22 PM
I lose a nut your losing your eye.

otherone
05-21-2014, 04:25 PM
I lose a nut your losing your eye.

How can I help you find your nut with only one eye?

RJB
05-21-2014, 04:50 PM
9:20 he records himself deleting the video.
What a dumbass. He even says, "Delete video."

Weston White
05-21-2014, 05:13 PM
What an utter idiot of a LEO: "You're going to jail tonight, OK?" ... "This is not a debate!" Um, so then, why do you keep turning it into one, freaky idiot!

That is a prime example of police self-escalating a situation into abusive use-of-force.

Mani
05-22-2014, 12:44 AM
This is why we need video streaming apps. So the videos cant be deleted.

kcchiefs6465
05-22-2014, 02:34 AM
"Delete video" While wearing a lapel.

kcchiefs6465
05-22-2014, 02:34 AM
"Delete video" While wearing a lapel.

Occam's Banana
05-22-2014, 04:11 AM
Police declined to comment on the arrest, saying that it was a “personnel matter.”

So now we can add "personnel matters" to the list of "no comment" excuses they use for covering their asses.

How is this a "personnel matter" ... ? Yeah, I know - it doesn't make any sense to me, either ...

Maybe the "pending, ongoing or closed investigation" excuse is getting a little boring for them - especially in places like Albuquerque, where they seem to have a lot of reasons for needing such excuses.

kcchiefs6465
05-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Bump.