PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Arabic speaker/writer

ErythnulofSiren
12-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I had this crazy idea where we would contact some of those politicians and news agencies in Iraq that were in favor of our withdrawal and let them know about Dr. Pauls foreign policy of non-interventionism. Hoping we could drum up some support on the international stage that might resonate back into the U.S. MSM.

Some of the more specific targets such a letter would be Al Jazeera, Moqtada al-Sadr, and Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani (to name those few that I believe have previously advocated a quick american withdrawal from Iraq.)

Some of the principal goals would be to get RP'08 signs up all over Baghdad so that they could be seen in most streetside footage of Iraq. Eventually, I hope, it would culminate in a large, but peaceful, march in the streets.

P.S. i don't know if this was the right place for this, if I was wrong please let me know.

TooConservative
12-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Considering that our puppet regime in Iraq is currently trying to bribe our government with oil contracts to keep our troops there to protect them from their own population, I doubt it would work.

Surely you don't believe we placed a government with any real integrity in power there. You might want to review how many times we overthrew and killed the puppet leaders of South Vietnam during that conflict. Same thing here except our "client" has oil to bribe us with. Vietnam only had rice and a few tin deposits.

ErythnulofSiren
12-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Not all media outlets in the country (Iraq) are controlled by the government. We might be able to get some play on Al jazeera at least. And anyone who speaks/writes arabic could post the letter to islamic websites. Try getting some grassroots going over in the middle east. It might be too late to make a difference in the early primaries, but it could be a decent size story by Feb 5th.

Besides, I don't know if Moqtada al-Sadr is controlled by the government, I don't think he is, and he has a sizable following as well as his own newspaper, or is it still shutdown? His support alone by plastering RP'08 signs and a mass demonstration in the streets for RP would get alot of publicity.

MalcolmGandi
12-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't know any Arabic speakers myself, but what you might try is calling a Navy recruiter in Augusta, GA, and ask if they can get you in touch with one. Ft. Gordon is where all the Navy linguistics people be at. Just act like you're interested in joining up as a linguist.