PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming to America!!!!! WooooHooo!

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi peeps

The deal is done!

This Englisman is arriving in the Good 'ol USA New Years Day for a whole month

I'll be staying in Astoria, Oregon

Any RP supporters in the area, please let me know

I'd like to see RP in the flesh

Does anyone know if the campaign is holding any events in Oregon, Washington or northern California in January I can attend?

PatriotOne
12-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Make sure ya bring a raincoat! You should hook up with some of the Meet Ups in the area. I doubt RP will be in the West for awhile but doesn't mean the Meet Up groups won't have some meaningful things gong on.

disciple
12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Welcome Mattsa.

Sadly, I reside in Georgia; Hopefully some Ron Paul supporters in Oregon will read this and get in touch with you.

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Make sure ya bring a raincoat! You should hook up with some of the Meet Ups in the area. I doubt RP will be in the West for awhile but doesn't mean the Meet Up groups won't have some meaningful things gong on.

LOL!

Yeah! January in Oregon isn't exactly going to be sun worship!

I get the impression Oregon is pretty liberal and people tend to side with the Democrats.

I've posted on www.oregoniansforronpaul.com to let 'em know the Mattsa is hitting town.....in fact I was the first person ever to post on their forum...which is kinda ironic since I'm British and can't even vote in your election! LOL

BillyDkid
12-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi peeps

The deal is done!

Does anyone know if the campaign is holding any events in Oregon, Washington or northern California in January I can attend?
You might want to email the campaign. One Ron's special assistants posted his email in here (I apologize, I can't remember his name right now). To my mind it strikes me as very news worthy that someone would travel from overseas in the hope of seeing the good Dr. or even just to support the movement. I am very proud of you and all the RP supporters all over the world. You know, it's weird, I've been following Dr. Paul since way, way back and feel like I know him, even though I never met him. What's even more funny is a year ago you couldn't have paid anybody to go to any trouble to meet Dr. Paul. For the longest time I felt like the lone admirer of Ron Paul along with the relative few who frequented Lew Rockwell's website. It's amazing and, frankly, a little bit daunting to see how the movement has grown. I'm sure Ron feels the same way too.

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 10:57 AM
You might want to email the campaign. One Ron's special assistants posted his email in here (I apologize, I can't remember his name right now). To my mind it strikes me as very news worthy that someone would travel from overseas in the hope of seeing the good Dr. or even just to support the movement. I am very proud of you and all the RP supporters all over the world. You know, it's weird, I've been following Dr. Paul since way, way back and feel like I know him, even though I never met him. What's even more funny is a year ago you couldn't have paid anybody to go to any trouble to meet Dr. Paul. For the longest time I felt like the lone admirer of Ron Paul along with the relative few who frequented Lew Rockwell's website. It's amazing and, frankly, a little bit daunting to see how the movement has grown. I'm sure Ron feels the same way too.

Thanks for your kind comment

I've been a fan of Ron Paul for about 2 years, well before he announced his intention to run for Prez

I'll follow your advice and contact the campaign

Cheers

M

Steve4RP
12-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Are you coming via the open border, drug smuggling, illegal immigrant, terrorist welcome mat, sneak in while we turn our heads route or using that whole official passport thingy? :)

Welcome. Oregon is beautiful, I hope you enjoy your visit!

slantedview
12-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi peeps

The deal is done!

OOOh, I hear astoria is a cool place. My wife and I are considering moving up to Portland (near there).

Oregon, from what I could gather, is VERY socially conscious, particularly in some areas. But Oregon and Washington have a HUGE Ron Paul base.

Welcome to America :)

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Are you coming via the open border, drug smuggling, illegal immigrant, terrorist welcome mat, sneak in while we turn our heads route or using that whole official passport thingy? :)

Welcome. Oregon is beautiful, I hope you enjoy your visit!

HAHA!

Yeah! I'll go for the genuine passport route! Hope they let me in

My girlfriend is a US citizen, born and bred. When she returned to America from visiting me in the UK this summer, they detained her for 4 hours at he airport when she re-entered the USA!!!!

How mad is that?

So God knows what kind of welcome I'll get!

sedele
12-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Now if you could only get the biggest band in England to endorse RP- muse, that would be a huge win.

But I'm happy to have you as well.

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Now if you could only get the biggest band in England to endorse RP- muse, that would be a huge win.

But I'm happy to have you as well.

He sounds too much like Thom Yorke from Radiohead to me.....

But I like the Muse song in that RP vid on Youtube.

Trouble is, most bands over here tend to be very left wing as are most creative people over here. The BBC is full of muesli chewing liberals too. Drives me MAD!

TruckinMike
12-01-2007, 12:19 PM
My girlfriend is a US citizen, born and bred. When she returned to America from visiting me in the UK this summer, they detained her for 4 hours at he airport when she re-entered the USA!!!!

Sounds like business as usual to me. My last trip back from canada they detained me for 4-5 hours. Me and my truck have been searched 3 times in the last 2 years. And I pull a flat bed trailer, not even box van. On top of that, me, my truck, and my freight are in their computer system. It's suppose to make it much faster... and it does, if they don't think your smuggling something or you are a candidate for a training exercise for new recruits(they don't tell you that, but thats what it is). And They always question and question me about guns... like I'm going to smuggle guns from Canada!! What guns? Canada doesn't have any! :rolleyes:

once I was searched coming out of Saskatchewan and had some rifle magazines(periodicals) in plain view. I think they entered them in the computer system...now I'm their own little play toy, they're very own make believe gun smuggler:cool:. And the time before last they ran me through the X-Ray 3 times, remember, I pull a flatbed, they can see my freight.

But thats enough about me...

I'm glad you're here to help with the cause. Now get out there and post some signs ...:D

Truckinmike

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I can assure you I will plug RP as much as I can in the next month here in the UK

And i'll be going RP crazy while I'm over there

Wrote to campaign HQ today to see if there's any events on the west coast

There's an RP rock concert in California on 16 Jan I believe

sedele
12-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I can assure you I will plug RP as much as I can in the next month here in the UK

And i'll be going RP crazy while I'm over there

Wrote to campaign HQ today to see if there's any events on the west coast

There's an RP rock concert in California on 16 Jan I believe

You are the man!

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm a very happy man!

I just broke the news to my girlfriend we are gonna be together on New Years day!

She's ecstatic!

And so am I!

Mark
12-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi peeps

The deal is done!

Holla at your Patriot OrEgOn p'ps

shida
12-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Don't forget to squeeze some tea bags into your case.......PG tips always goes down well !!!

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 03:10 PM
LOL!

Yeah! January in Oregon isn't exactly going to be sun worship!

I get the impression Oregon is pretty liberal and people tend to side with the Democrats.

I've posted on www.oregoniansforronpaul.com to let 'em know the Mattsa is hitting town.....in fact I was the first person ever to post on their forum...which is kinda ironic since I'm British and can't even vote in your election! LOL

There is a strong libertarian presence on the west coast... the more libertarian type people kept moving west to get away from government intrusion.

lemnad
12-01-2007, 03:13 PM
No sales tax and you don't have to pump your own gas! WOO WEE Plus the exchange rate nowadays should be pretty favorable for you.

BLS
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Bbactung is from Oregon I believe.

There are many other Oregonians here too..

Check here...
http://oregoniansforronpaul.com/

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
No sales tax and you don't have to pump your own gas! WOO WEE Plus the exchange rate nowadays should be pretty favorable for you.

Sales tax in the UK is 17.5%

Gas..........£1.05 ($2.10) per litre

It is crippling living here

Santana28
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Astoria Oregon... isn't that where they filmed Goonies??? :)

Yes, its a beautiful place. One Eyed Willy supports Ron Paul!!

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
That's $9.60 per gallon!!!!!!!

And you guys are hurting!

85p in the pound for gas is tax in the UK

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 04:46 PM
HAHA!

Yeah me too, on my way back in from Asia. For having open peanuts in my bag. Peanuts!!! With the airline logo on them!!!

5 middle eastern terrorists just walked by while I was getting searched for not eating all my peanuts.

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah me too, on my way back in from Asia. For having open peanuts in my bag. Peanuts!!! With the airline logo on them!!!

5 middle eastern terrorists just walked by while I was getting searched for not eating all my peanuts.

:D:D:D

Great living in America these days huh!

The UK is also a police state now

In fact it's worse.

CCTV EVERYWHERE

Speed cameras EVERYWHERE

Government employees paid to spy on people EVERYWHERE

Stealth taxation EVERYWHERE

Dumb people who don't understand or don't care.......EVERYWHERE!

piotr1
12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
since the dollar is such garbage now and the pound is way high i think that means when you come to America you could buy like a million ron paul signs right?!?!??! 8)

Mattsa
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
since the dollar is such garbage now and the pound is way high i think that means when you come to America you could buy like a million ron paul signs right?!?!??! 8)

I'll be stuffing my suitcase with RP goodies for the return trip

:D

CMoore
12-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I am an admirer of your General Richard Dannatt. He is really a man of courage who sticks his neck out in opposition to the Iraq War.