PDA

View Full Version : Fox News calls it for McConnell

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Breaking news on Fox News right now, they are calling the Kentucky GOP Senate Primary race for Mitch McConnell.

Mr.NoSmile
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
http://www.politico.com/

With 62.1 percent of the vote so far? Well, yeah. Grimes, so far, looks to have pulled in more votes overall than McConnell has, though.

mosquitobite
05-20-2014, 05:12 PM
So far Bevin only has a lead in one county.

Mr.NoSmile
05-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Hell, Grimes now has double the votes that McConnell has. If all those people came out again in November, she just may take the seat away from him.

eduardo89
05-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Did anyone actually seriously think that Bevin had a chance?

I guess these are the same people who thought Ron could still win at the RNC.

HOLLYWOOD
05-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Mitch McConnell first worked in Washington DC in 1967... his career in 'Western Rome' will span across 7 decades when he's done raping the people. Moron America for McConnell, esp. after the Feinstein-McConnell 'Kentucky Kickback', ended anything left in standing up for Americans.This country has gone full retard and continues to re-elect these rich cocksuckers term after term that continue to sell them out.

HVACTech
05-20-2014, 05:52 PM
I guess these are the same people who thought Ron could still win at the RNC.

that was a cheap shot, some of us spent a lot of money and effort.
we did NOT lose, we got cheated.

RP Supporter
05-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Hell, Grimes now has double the votes that McConnell has. If all those people came out again in November, she just may take the seat away from him.

Well Conway and his primary opponent both got more votes than Rand or Grayson in 2010. There are a lot more Democrats than Republicans in the state, so I'd not read to much into this.

However, Bevin has not said if he'd endorse Mitch, so McConnell's scorched earth campaign may still come back to bite him.

As for this race, I never expected Bevin to win in these last few months, but I am hoping he can get over 40%. Make him sweat a little.

jjdoyle
05-20-2014, 06:36 PM
http://www.politico.com/

With 62.1 percent of the vote so far? Well, yeah. Grimes, so far, looks to have pulled in more votes overall than McConnell has, though.

The Democrat race has about 255,000 total votes so far. The Republican race has about 210,000 so far. BUT, the key here (I think) is looking at historical vote turnout when it was the "off-season".
In 2002, McConnell won in a landslide, with over 700,000 votes. In 2008, he won with over 900,000 votes.
So, I'm guessing if the race is like others, there will be more than a million voters turn out in November, but I have no clue how well/not well Grimes will run the campaign.

emazur
05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
I happen to be in Kentucky this week - TV advertising for McConnell absolutely dwarfs Blevin commercials. Basically these 3 commercials:
1) Mitch has high NRA ratings and opposes abortion and Obamacare
2) Rand Paul says he's good
3) Blevin lied about going to MIT and flip flopped on the bailout

Saw only 1 Blevin commercial, touting himself as a family man with (presumably) adopted black children and his own white kids and wife. If you're talking TV coverage, there's no comparison. I did see a lot more signs for Blevin though compared to McConnel

http://randomoverload.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/18339a26c7969c83d5d.jpg

CPUd
05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
The Democrat race has about 255,000 total votes so far. The Republican race has about 210,000 so far. BUT, the key here (I think) is looking at historical vote turnout when it was the "off-season".
In 2002, McConnell won in a landslide, with over 700,000 votes. In 2008, he won with over 900,000 votes.
So, I'm guessing if the race is like others, there will be more than a million voters turn out in November, but I have no clue how well/not well Grimes will run the campaign.

Clintons may come and stump for her.

Influenza
05-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Does McConnell not have any lips?

eduardo89
05-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Does McConnell not have any lips?

http://misguidedchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/o-JOHN-DEAN-MITCH-MCCONNELL-facebook.jpg

AuH20
05-20-2014, 07:37 PM
If I lived in Kentucky, I would try to vote for Grimes twice. Turtle needs to go.

klamath
05-20-2014, 07:38 PM
This was a foregone conclusion. I wish the money and effort had gone after graham and the other HARDCORE neocons that were weak.

familydog
05-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Takin' over the GOP, one seat at a time.

AuH20
05-20-2014, 07:59 PM
THIS IS HOW MUCH I HATE MCCONNELL!!!:

Itemizations
Date Recipient Amount
2014-05-20 Alison Lundergan Grimes $50.00

eduardo89
05-20-2014, 08:04 PM
THIS IS HOW MUCH I HATE MCCONNELL!!!:

-rep

That money could have gone to Amash's re-election fund.

phill4paul
05-20-2014, 08:06 PM
I happen to be in Kentucky this week - TV advertising for McConnell absolutely dwarfs Blevin commercials. Basically these 3 commercials:
1) Mitch has high NRA ratings and opposes abortion and Obamacare
2) Rand Paul says he's good
3) Blevin lied about going to MIT and flip flopped on the bailout

Ya don't say..............SMDH.

ctiger2
05-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Fascist Authoritarianism FTW!

green73
05-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Fascist Authoritarianism FTW!

Dude, just wait till Rand is prez.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2014, 08:37 PM
It's amazing. All of the networks have magically discovered Matt Bevin's name just in time to announce that another Tea Party candidate has lost to the establishment.

CPUd
05-20-2014, 09:13 PM
It's amazing. All of the networks have magically discovered Matt Bevin's name just in time to announce that another Tea Party candidate has lost to the establishment.

LOL front page everywhere.

But we do have this below the fold:

(CNN) - They were much needed victories for the tea party movement. And major tea party and anti-establishment GOP groups were quick to celebrate.

But the wins Tuesday night by Ben Sasse in the Republican Senate primary in Nebraska and Alex Mooney in the GOP contest in West Virginia's 2nd Congressional District might be some of the last those on the right will celebrate this primary season. Anti-establishment candidates face long odds in upcoming GOP primaries.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/14/short-lived-tea-party-victories/?iid=article_sidebar

devil21
05-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Mitch McConnell first worked in Washington DC in 1967... his career in 'Western Rome' will span across 7 decades when he's done raping the people. Moron America for McConnell, esp. after the Feinstein-McConnell 'Kentucky Kickback', ended anything left in standing up for Americans.This country has gone full retard and continues to re-elect these rich cocksuckers term after term that continue to sell them out.

This is assuming vote counts can be trusted. I'm close to convinced that vote counts are meaningless. Everything else is controlled and managed toward the nwo agenda so I don't see why tptb would leave the votes up to chance when nothing else is.

AuH20
05-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Mitch the bitch and his people have already bragged that they don't need the votes of the TP coalition to beat Grimes. We will soon find out if he's talking out of his rectum.

HOLLYWOOD
05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
This is assuming vote counts can be trusted. I'm close to convinced that vote counts are meaningless. Everything else is controlled and managed toward the nwo agenda so I don't see why tptb would leave the votes up to chance when nothing else is.That is true, Ron Paul did say when asked about what he would do in addition/differently when running for president, "Make sure you have your people to count every vote."

AuH20
05-20-2014, 11:30 PM
This article sums up how I feel. They can all burn in hell. It's not even about winning anymore or changing things. It's about destroying RINO slugs. PERIOD!:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/10/blame_the_tea_party_use_your_memory.html

People whining about the Tea Party are the real "purists." They expect miracles from the Tea Party while accepting all the excuses in the world from non-Tea Partiers. Let's review how this all started, shall we?

It was in the elections of 2006 that Republicans lost control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate. And it was in 2008 that Democrats won the presidency and gained even larger majorities in both houses of Congress.

Now, what had happened prior to that? The Tea Party didn't even exist, remember? What happened was that Republicans had everything at the national level -- House, Senate, and president -- for the first time since 1954. And they were not very Tea Party.

- They forced Medicare Part D on us using the same kind of parliamentary shenanigans that the Democrats used with ObamaCare. That was the largest expansion of entitlements since LBJ. It would add almost $8 trillion to our unfunded liabilities.
- They teamed up with Democrats like Ted Kennedy to give us Campaign Finance Reform and No Child Left Behind.
- They increased federal spending from 18.2% of GDP in 2000 (the lowest level of spending since 1966) to 20.8% in 2008. That cannot all be blamed on war spending, either.
- They mandated more ethanol in gasoline.
- They expanded Clinton's Americorps.
- President Bush signed onto legislation outlawing light bulbs.
- And President Bush gave us the TARP bailout, which most Republicans in Congress voted for.
- And this might be news to some of you: President Bush didn't deregulate anything. He increased the number of regulations, the number of people regulating, and the dollars being spent on regulating.

That is why we are in the mess we're in. The Tea Party is not demanding purity; it is demanding sanity.

We Tea Party types kept our mouths shut for 20 years and voted Republican as the Party nominated George H.W. Bush, Bob Dole, George W. Bush, and John McCain. We bit our tongues as our president waxed wise about "compassionate conservatism" and Karl Rove talked of a new Republican era. But they won two elections in 2000 and 2004, so we gave them the benefit of the doubt that they at least knew how to "win." We were hoping to get two steps forward for every step backward.

But what were our forward steps? What did we "win"? Republicans spent more. They regulated more. They expanded programs we Tea Partiers had hoped to eliminate. And they invented a whole new $8-trillion entitlement that none of us asked for. We weren't looking for purity at all, but simply one iota of a difference from Democrats.

John F Kennedy III
05-20-2014, 11:54 PM
that was a cheap shot, some of us spent a lot of money and effort.
we did NOT lose, we got cheated.

This. I maxed out donating to Ron and told thousands and thousands of people who he was and what he was about.

And for the record, Ron got cheated read the link in my sig. and he still went to the convention with a shot at the nomination.

AuH20
05-21-2014, 12:08 AM
The Hot Air McConnell thread is getting heated with Patriots vs. Loyalist Lackeys. Here's a good snippet of the loyalist side:

A big “Thank you!” to all you wacko birds from all of us in the actual conservative Republican base!

By announcing you don’t intend to support the party in the fall just because some of the pathetically weak candidates you support didn’t win lets us Republicans see clearly that you are not allies to be trusted. Rather, you are just mounting a takeover effort like the Paulbots did, and like the Paulbots, if you fail you won’t support the winner.

…⁞…

It’s okay. It’s your right not to be a team player. And we understand that by announcing you won’t support our ticket in the fall, it must mean you are finally going to follow through with starting your own party. Good luck with it! When you would rather see the Democrats win than our candidates, you aren’t really one of us anyway.

We’ll miss your votes in the close ones but, frankly, much of your noise is just distraction. You demand instant gratification and declare anyone who doesn’t give it to you right now to be a “RINO” and on the “list.” And you do cost us some seats as well.

But since you won’t support us when you lose anyway, it’s just as well to be rid of you. Good luck, and may God bless.

Adjoran on May 21, 2014 at 1:53 AM

My response:

Say no to battered spouse syndrome as a free thinking conservative who isn’t chained to party labels. How many years have they been running the same crap over & over again, while colluding with the democrats? Too many too count. At some point, you have to realize that your ‘hubby’ is a dysfunctional drunk that enjoys beating you up. He’s not going to change the next time he is given an opportunity to redeem himself. The people that can’t see this are people that I honestly feel sorry for.

AuH20
05-21-2014, 01:02 AM
This one is starting to heat up as well!!! Some encouraging comments!!! People are waking up!! With that said, Erik Erickson is still total slime, donating money to the turtle. PA-THETIC!

http://www.redstate.com/2014/05/20/mcconnell-for-senate/

My favorite comment from a wise poster:

Streiff: We can be choose to be treated by these elites, as they treat Christians - as afterthoughts, as they support the corporatist equivalents of abominations like the "Piss Christ" - or as they treat Islamists - where they race in fear to butcher South Park episodes, anxious to avoid the smallest offense

The key question for us is this: Are we willing to hurt them.

Will we deny McConnell victory by withholding our support - or endorse his approach to eviscerating us, by electing him.

And that's what Erik refuses to see, and why Rule Six, in this case, has reached the end of its usefullness:

We pull that lever for McConnell, and we're pulling the trigger on a gun aimed at the heart of the conservative insurgency.

francisco
05-21-2014, 01:14 AM
http://misguidedchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/o-JOHN-DEAN-MITCH-MCCONNELL-facebook.jpg

Need a corn dog to complete the image

AuH20
05-21-2014, 01:25 AM
Who could ever vote for the guy who voted for this stuff?:

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/top-ten-bad-votes-senator-mitch-mcconnell

dillo
05-21-2014, 01:47 AM
Did I read correctly that he spent 11 million on the primary?

eduardo89
05-21-2014, 08:51 AM
This. I maxed out donating to Ron and told thousands and thousands of people who he was and what he was about.
Yup, sure you did.

And for the record, Ron got cheated read the link in my sig. and he still went to the convention with a shot at the nomination.
Ron had absolutely no chance whatsoever to win the nomination, at least not after Iowa and New Hampshire.

By the time of the convention Romney already had enough bound delegates to win the nomination and with the total amount of unbound delegates he also had there was no doubt at all he was the nominee.

It's absurd that people actually delude themselves into thinking that Ron had any chance of winning the nomination. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. Ron is done, he's retired. It's Rand's time to shine.

klamath
05-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Ron got beat in his own congressional district by a landslide. Hell he got beat in his home county in his home district by a landslide. Yeaw he was gonna win the nomination:rolleyes:

jbauer
05-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Mitch the bitch and his people have already bragged that they don't need the votes of the TP coalition to beat Grimes. We will soon find out if he's talking out of his rectum.

You've seen him talk out of another body part?

klamath
05-21-2014, 09:59 AM
The primary season is being strongly shaped by last falls elections. The ideological libertarians and the establishments defeat of Cuccinelli, while Christie won huge is bearing a bumper crop of establishment wins. That election had huge reverberations way beyond the issues of the candidates themselves. It was the test.

Feeding the Abscess
05-21-2014, 10:04 AM
The primary season is being strongly shaped by last falls elections. The ideological libertarians and the establishments defeat of Cuccinelli, while Christie won huge is bearing a bumper crop of establishment wins. That election had huge reverberations way beyond the issues of the candidates themselves. It was the test.

Sarvis was hardly a libertarian ideologue.

klamath
05-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Sarvis was hardly a libertarian ideologue.Wasn't talking about Sarvis, I was talking about those that said Cuc wasn't good enough and actively campaigned to defeat him, not caring who won as long as it wasn't Cuc.

Brian4Liberty
05-21-2014, 12:26 PM
And when the media finally said the name of McConnell's opponent in the primary, they would say "Bevin's numbers have fallen dramatically due to a scandal related to cock-fighting".

Yeah, that was quite a scandal. He spoke at an event where he didn't know exactly what was going to happen after he left. Politicians always know every detail about the groups they speak in front of on the campaign trial. You can be certain that not a single politician in the United States has ever had a criminal in the audience. That would be outrageous!

Matt Bevin dodges cock-fighting controversy

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Republican U.S. Senate candidate Matt Bevin wants to change the subject in the wake of his controversial appearance at a pro-cockfighting rally last month.

At a news conference this morning, Bevin chastised the media for not focusing on economic issues. He went on to blast Sen. Mitch McConnell for his record on taxes and job creation.

Bevin says he'll unveil his own jobs plan on Thursday in Hazard, Ky.

He would not answer a question about the cock-fighting controversy.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/25359640/matt-bevin-dodges-cock-fighting-controversy

Brian4Liberty
05-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Did I read correctly that he spent 11 million on the primary?

If nothing else, the establishment is spending a lot more money.

ZENemy
05-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Yup, sure you did.

Ron had absolutely no chance whatsoever to win the nomination, at least not after Iowa and New Hampshire.

By the time of the convention Romney already had enough bound delegates to win the nomination and with the total amount of unbound delegates he also had there was no doubt at all he was the nominee.

It's absurd that people actually delude themselves into thinking that Ron had any chance of winning the nomination. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. Ron is done, he's retired. It's Rand's time to shine.

lol

Rand will receive the EXACT same treatment.

Matt Collins
05-21-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm impressed he did as well as he did... I thought Bevin would be somewhere between 25-35%..... This will be Mitch's last election, one way or another.... it's time to start working to get Massie in that seat next time.

Matt Collins
05-21-2014, 07:21 PM
we did NOT lose, we got cheated.The silly thing was, we were going to lose anyway (because we didn't have enough delegates), but yet they cheated anyway. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
05-21-2014, 07:21 PM
This is assuming vote counts can be trusted. I'm close to convinced that vote counts are meaningless. Everything else is controlled and managed toward the nwo agenda so I don't see why tptb would leave the votes up to chance when nothing else is.Why don't you go down to your local election comission and volunteer to be a vote watcher so that you can see how it is done?

Brian4Liberty
05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
The thought of Grimes being a Senator makes me ill.

That is all.

NewRightLibertarian
05-21-2014, 08:30 PM
We gotta focus our energy on state and local politics instead of these wild goose chases at the federal level. This article lays it out very well-

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/21/bevin-never-had-a-shot-and-he-wouldnt-have-changed-anything-anyway/

muh_roads
05-21-2014, 08:54 PM
People continue to vote for slavery.

Peace&Freedom
05-21-2014, 10:14 PM
We gotta focus our energy on state and local politics instead of these wild goose chases at the federal level. This article lays it out very well-

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/21/bevin-never-had-a-shot-and-he-wouldnt-have-changed-anything-anyway/

Lessons learned, for the umpteenth time---run in primaries where there are open seats, not against incumbents who have an established machine in place, and $11 million to burn. Run a candidate who can raise at least the minimum amount needed to be serious when contesting (for House seats, that's at least $4-500,000, for Senate seats, that's at least $2 million on up).

State and local level positions, same principle---find the open seat, and run a liberty candidate who can seriously contest for it money wise. Run for open positions whether the district/area is mostly Democratic or Republcan (whichever party dominates, run in that party's primary). We'll have a higher success rate for sure this way, than chasing white whale incumbents who almost always can't be ousted.

devil21
05-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Why don't you go down to your local election comission and volunteer to be a vote watcher so that you can see how it is done?

Not sure if serious....

Matt Collins
05-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Not sure if serious....Absolutely... politics is a full contact sport. The only way to really know what is going on is to get involved.

devil21
05-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Absolutely... politics is a full contact sport. The only way to really know what is going on is to get involved.

Great idea! I can volunteer to go watch an electronic cassette get inserted into another electronic box and wait anxiously for the results after they've been calculated from somewhere hundreds of miles away! Surely that will prove the results truthful and accurate. Why didn't I think of that?

Matt Collins
05-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Great idea! I can volunteer to go watch an electronic cassette get inserted into another electronic box and wait anxiously for the results after they've been calculated from somewhere hundreds of miles away! Surely that will prove the results truthful and accurate. Why didn't I think of that?
It's not quite that simple... why don't you go down there, volunteer (or work) an election, and then come back and tell us how it actually works?

devil21
05-22-2014, 10:53 PM
It's not quite that simple... why don't you go down there, volunteer (or work) an election, and then come back and tell us how it actually works?

Actually it is quite that simple and I described the process pretty well already, at least for my area. Your process may vary. It's not rocket science.

Ron Paul on vote tampering....if a state GOP will kill a candidate's chance to win in a pres primary.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zitOxT2hUjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSyjx74ZXo