PDA

View Full Version : FBI: We need to start hiring people who smoke weed

liberty2897
05-20-2014, 04:49 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/05/20/director-comey-fbi-grappling-with-hiring-policy-concerning-marijuana/

FBI Director James B. Comey said Monday that if the FBI hopes to continue to keep pace with cyber criminals, the organization may have to loosen up its no-tolerance policy for hiring those who like to smoke marijuana.

Congress has authorized the FBI to add 2,000 personnel to its rolls this year, and many of those new recruits will be assigned to tackle cyber crimes, a growing priority for the agency. And that’s a problem, Mr. Comey told the White Collar Crime Institute, an annual conference held at the New York City Bar Association in Manhattan. A lot of the nation’s top computer programmers and hacking gurus are also fond of marijuana.

“I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cyber criminals and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview,” Mr. Comey said.

CONTINUED...

tod evans
05-20-2014, 04:51 PM
2000 more feds!

Thats roughly 40 new feds per state!

This shit's gotta end!

[edit]

Roughly $120M per year increase in the FBI budget...

How many more welfare "jobs" is government giving away in the other alphabet agencies?

liberty2897
05-20-2014, 04:53 PM
2000 more feds!

This shit's gotta end!

Maybe he can trade them for letting 2000 DEA guys go...

RJB
05-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Scary. I read through that number and it didn't even faze me until you mentioned it. 16,000 new IRS agents for Obamacare. DOE swat team. Homeland Sec. and FEMA keep adding. It's insane.

2000 more feds!

This shit's gotta end!

Danke
05-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Book 'em dannno.

tod evans
05-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Don't worry ya'll, government is going to spend the country out of debt...

That $120M is just salary at $60k, think of all the training aids these fine tax-ticks will require.....Vehicles, uniforms, per-diem, healthcare and on and on...

pcosmar
05-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Scary. I read through that number and it didn't even faze me until you mentioned it. 16,000 new IRS agents for Obamacare. DOE swat team. Homeland Sec. and FEMA keep adding. It's insane.

Well,, they seem to be creating jobs. :(

fisharmor
05-20-2014, 05:38 PM
I have a stoner friend who got laid off last year and went to work for the spooks.
He couldn't take it. Luckily they were hiring again at my job, and he's back in the private sector, being a guy who actually prevents the crimes from happening, as opposed to just arranging the prison rape of those who commit them.