PDA

View Full Version : Feds won’t allow water for pot growers

CaseyJones
05-20-2014, 01:15 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/05/20/227933/feds-wont-allow-water-for-pot.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

Delivering a major blow to state-licensed pot growers in Washington state and Colorado, the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation said today it will not allow any federally-controlled water to be used on marijuana crops.

“As a federal agency, Reclamation is obligated to adhere to federal law in the conduct of its responsibilities to the American people,” said Dan DuBray, the agency’s chief of public affairs.

The decision could hit particularly hard in Washington state, with the federal agency controlling the water supply for two-thirds of Washington state’s irrigated land.

Growers in Colorado will be less affected because the state allows only indoor pot farms.

The ruling makes clear that the Obama administration is willing to set limits on the states’ legalization experiments, even though the Justice Department said in August that it would not block their plans to tax and sell the drug.

The agency agency began informing members of Congress of its decision at 11 a.m. today.

pcosmar
05-20-2014, 01:20 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/05/20/227933/feds-wont-allow-water-for-pot.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy
What authority does the Fed have to regulate water supplies within a state?

This was one of the Key issues in Nevada,, where BLM was destroying infrastructure,, and denying water rights.

Seems to me the Fed needs a serious smack down,, in several states.

mrsat_98
05-20-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.victorcityidaho.com/sites/default/files/pictures/water.png

ClydeCoulter
05-20-2014, 01:42 PM
“As a federal agency, Reclamation is obligated to adhere to federal law in the conduct of its responsibilities to the American people,” said Dan DuBray, the agency’s chief of public affairs."

Hah, is that what the DEA said when they stole the legal hemp seeds in Kentucky? I don't believe the drivel coming out of the mouth. Is it lying? Is it's mouth open?

specsaregood
05-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Those suffering Mexican druglords must have put the screws to their hacks at the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.

devil21
05-20-2014, 01:50 PM
The Bureau of Reclamation? Just when I think I've heard of all the federal money pits, here comes another one. A federal agency controls Washington's water???

Occam's Banana
05-20-2014, 01:52 PM
“As a federal agency, Reclamation is obligated to adhere to federal law in the conduct of its responsibilities to the American people,” said Dan DuBray, the agency’s chief of public affairs.

If politically connected farmers of politically correct crops had concerns regarding the "conduct" of some federal agency's "responsibilities," you can bet the Feds would find some way to accomodate them (entirely "within the rules," of course). But when it comes to something the Feds want to squash out - despite the clear "will of the people" to the contrary - selective and fussy enforcement suddenly becomes de rigueur. "Oh, dear! Look here! Too bad! So sad!"

It's bad enough that they pull crap like this to begin with - but the real ass-chapping comes when smug & smarmy bureaucrats like this DuBray asshole patronize us with their "we're obligated by our responsibilities to the American people" bullshit. If you're gonna piss down our backs, at least do us the simple courtesy of not trying to tell us it's raining ...

JK/SEA
05-20-2014, 02:27 PM
i know lots of growers in WA State on WELL water...fuck the FEDS.

eduardo89
05-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Those suffering Mexican druglords must have put the screws to their hacks at the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.

We sent a very stern letter.

satchelmcqueen
05-20-2014, 04:47 PM
fuck the fed!!