PDA

View Full Version : What did Russia do wrong?

Unknown Soldier
05-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Hello,

I've got a question, what did Russia did wrong to Ukrain? Why does everyone now hate Russia?
Why is it oke for the U.S. to invade Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, ... (Ok, because no one cares?)
And when Russia just made people from Crimea vote, without killing anyone and 98% chose for Russia?
Whats wrong then?

And if you read this article, you will see that U.S. is provocating Russian people in Ukraine.

see link 2nd post

Say your thoughts!

eduardo89
05-19-2014, 11:49 AM
There are many on here that disagree with me, but I think Russia is well within it's rights to be flexing it's muscles at US/EU/NATO encroachment into what has always been its sphere of influence. This isn't the first provocation by the West, they already were poking Russia for years, for example trying to get Georgia into NATO.

Russia has every right to defend it's national and economic security. It also has every right to defend its people, even outside its borders.

With regards to Crimea, the people there were very clear that they did not want to be a part of Ukraine and voted to secede. They have the right to self determination, and decided they wanted to be reunited with Russia. I fully support their decision.

Brian4Liberty
05-19-2014, 11:58 AM
What did Russia do wrong?

You must go back to Stalin. Stalin ruined the glorious global communist revolution. Some communists were forced to leave Russia. Followers of Trotsky (original neoconservatives) have always been particularly obsessed with Russia. Trotsky was their favorite choice to rule Russia after Lenin died. Trotsky was exiled and then assassinated by Stalin.

Hyperion
05-20-2014, 04:06 AM
There are many on here that disagree with me, but I think Russia is well within it's rights to be flexing it's muscles at US/EU/NATO encroachment into what has always been its sphere of influence. This isn't the first provocation by the West, they already were poking Russia for years, for example trying to get Georgia into NATO.

Russia has every right to defend it's national and economic security. It also has every right to defend its people, even outside its borders.

With regards to Crimea, the people there were very clear that they did not want to be a part of Ukraine and voted to secede. They have the right to self determination, and decided they wanted to be reunited with Russia. I fully support their decision.

In this case, I agree whole-heartedly.Russia has done nothing wrong despite what the media says. I love Vlad's continued greatness at shaming the Obamassiah.

Seraphim
05-20-2014, 07:06 AM
They not 'Murikan!

pcosmar
05-20-2014, 07:09 AM
What did Russia do wrong?

Tsar Nicholas crossed the Rothschild Banks. The rest is history.

klamath
05-20-2014, 07:23 AM
They intervened in a separate countries affairs just like the US did. I call them out on it just like I do the US.

fisharmor
05-20-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm sure some of the demonization of Russia in the media has to do with the fact that they've granted assylum to Snowden.

Also maybe the fact that they're led by who is arguably the biggest badass world leader since Teddy Roosevelt probably plays into it a bit.

THX 1138
06-19-2014, 01:01 PM
The only wrong thing Russia did was let Bolshevik extremists take over their country at the beginning of the 20th century. Well over 10 million of their own people were starved, tortured, and/or killed during that regime's takeover of Russia. Millions of Ukranians were also deliberated starved and killed in the Holodomor, an event that most Americans know nothing about.

To their credit, the Russian people eventually became more nationalist in their outlook. For better or for worse, this enabled them to outgrow the extremist, Communist elements within their government as well as their culture in general.

I certainly don't agree with everything the Russian government says or does, but on the whole I would say that today the Russian government has grown into a much healthier governing body - at least when compared with the US.

It's important to remember that Crimea voted, democratically, to re-join Russia. For the most part, the only people opposing that decision were Muslims and leftists. And please understand - I have no personal grudge against Muslims or leftists; I'm just calling it like I see it.

This is my response in a small nutshell. I hope this helps.

acptulsa
06-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Glad you asked! Click on the tiny blue double arrow icon in this quote to go to that thread and read more:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/russia-is-doing-it-russia-is-actually-abandoning-the-dollar

The Russians are actually making a move against the petrodollar. It appears that they are quite serious about their de-dollarization strategy. The largest natural gas producer on the planet, Gazprom, has signed agreements with some of their biggest customers to switch payments for natural gas from U.S. dollars to euros. And Gazprom would have never done this without the full approval of the Russian government, because the Russian government holds a majority stake in Gazprom. There hasn't been a word about this from the big mainstream news networks in the United States, but this is huge. When you are talking about Gazprom, you are talking about a company that is absolutely massive. It is one of the largest companies in the entire world and it makes up 8 percent of Russian GDP all by itself. It holds 18 percent of the natural gas reserves of the entire planet, and it is also a very large oil producer. So for Gazprom to make a move like this is extremely significant.

When Barack Obama decided to slap some meaningless economic sanctions on Russia a while back, he probably figured that the world would forget about them after a few news cycles.

But the Russians do not forget, and they certainly do not forgive.

At this point the Russians are turning their back on the United States, and that includes the U.S. dollar.

(Continues on Link)

The more industries that shift away from using the US Dollar, the worse shape our fiat currency will be in. Typically, this is when the US Govt declares WAR on countries. Its probably the primary reason for the entire Middle East. Also note that Military War is declared, but Financial War is not declared, and may rage on for years prior to any military action, and is one of the key factors in the US dominance of the world. This may all change very quickly if it starts a Domino Reaction.

The Federal Reserve Note, which for the last hundred years has passed for the U.S. dollar, is a fiat currency. Its value is determined by supply and demand, meaning you balance the people who need dollars to buy stuff against how many the Federal Reserve prints. The more money those big banks print (and they love to print money, and who wouldn't?) the less it's worth--unless they can pass more laws making it illegal to buy stuff with something else.

What Putin did 'wrong' is what Saddam Hussein did (coincidence?)--he sold oil and natural gas for something other than the U.S. dollar. We don't like that. We have worked for decades to ensure that no one anywhere sells oil or natural gas for anything but U.S. dollars. This increases demand for dollars, and allows the Federal Reserve to print more. This is what the term 'petrodollar' refers to.

Worth dying for? Many American soldiers have.

osan
06-22-2014, 07:42 AM

The fundamental flaw in all your argumentation is that you refer to "Russia" as if it actually existed, which of course it does not. Even so, "Russia" is not a mono bloc entity where such references speak to all who identify as Russian. The same for USA, EU, and so forth. This is the sort of thinking that perpetuates the generally evident dementia all around us - thinking gone far enough off the rails to result in the fabulous train wreck we witness as the world of human political activity.

"Russia" has no rights. USA has no rights. EU has no rights. To claim they do is fundamentally no different from referring to the rights of your kitchen sink. The assertion is absurd on its face. To refer to the "Russian" sphere of influence is similarly absurd. That so-called "sphere" is that of a subset of mobsters who seat themselves in Russia and who get away with the shit they do solely because the rest either actively support what they do or do so through their failure to act against.

None of this truth will change anything, of course. I do, however, like to keep that truth straight in my head and point it out to others just for shits and giggles.

osan
06-22-2014, 07:58 AM
The Federal Reserve Note, which for the last hundred years has passed for the U.S. dollar, is a fiat currency.

So was gold.

What Putin did 'wrong' is what Saddam Hussein did (coincidence?)--he sold oil and natural gas for something other than the U.S. dollar. We don't like that. We have worked for decades to ensure that no one anywhere sells oil or natural gas for anything but U.S. dollars. This increases demand for dollars, and allows the Federal Reserve to print more. This is what the term 'petrodollar' refers to.

Worth dying for? Many American soldiers have.

There is a pretty substantial difference between Eye-Rack and Russia. If the US thinks it will simply sweep Russia aside, boy do those poor stooges have a shock in store.

The USA with its endless war machine was incapable of subduing a sandbox nation about the size of California. Just look at the pathetic result ten years of US impotence produced, the vast butchery notwithstanding. It was Viet Nam all over again - we have learned NOTHING. At least the filthy hippies were willing to get up off their asses and speak out. Look at us now.

If anyone thinks USA will be able to bully Russia... HA... that is all I can say. And if "we" push the issue too far, I do not for the least moment doubt that Russia will vaporize DC... which could actually be the best thing to happen to the USA in 100 years.

Of course, one must also consider the possibility that this is all smoke and mirrors. One just cannot be too certain of anything these days.

kcchiefs6465
06-22-2014, 05:03 PM
So was gold.
Fiat in what sense?

There is a pretty substantial difference between Eye-Rack and Russia. If the US thinks it will simply sweep Russia aside, boy do those poor stooges have a shock in store.

The USA with its endless war machine was incapable of subduing a sandbox nation about the size of California. Just look at the pathetic result ten years of US impotence produced, the vast butchery notwithstanding. It was Viet Nam all over again - we have learned NOTHING. At least the filthy hippies were willing to get up off their asses and speak out. Look at us now.

If anyone thinks USA will be able to bully Russia... HA... that is all I can say. And if "we" push the issue too far, I do not for the least moment doubt that Russia will vaporize DC... which could actually be the best thing to happen to the USA in 100 years.

Of course, one must also consider the possibility that this is all smoke and mirrors. One just cannot be too certain of anything these days.
The US could vitrify Russia. Sure, a lot of money is squandered but a lot of it actually goes towards military capability (we outspend Russia some 8 to 1). Of course, Russia could vitrify the US. If they wanted to, and civilian casualties/world opinion were no matter, Iraq would have been turned to glass absent a single troop on the ground.

Neither the United States nor Russia is particularly suicidal so I doubt a hot war will ever commence between the two. If it does, the planet will probably be clouded by uranium dust within a matter of weeks. And as foolish as our foreign policy is, no one wants that. Nothing but a grand dick waving display of arrogance and nationalistic pride. It helps keep the serfs enthusiastic and working towards the common goal (enriching the few at the expense of the many).

Unregistered
06-24-2014, 08:00 PM
test