PDA

View Full Version : The real Benghazi scandal was Obama's drive-by war in Libya

RandallFan
05-18-2014, 11:31 PM
There is a real Benghazi scandal and it's this: President Obama illegally invaded Libya, overthrew Moammar Gadhafi, and then--due to politics--left a power vacuum that terrorists filled, turning Libya into a hotbed of jihadist groups. The 2012 attack that killed four Americans was a consequence of the disorder and violence the administration left in the wake of its drive-by war.

The useful lesson from Benghazi isn't about a White House lying (shocking!), but about the inherent messiness of regime change and the impossibility of a quick, clean war.There is a real Benghazi scandal and it's this: President Obama illegally invaded Libya, overthrew Moammar Gadhafi, and then--due to politics--left a power vacuum that terrorists filled, turning Libya into a hotbed of jihadist groups. The 2012 attack that killed four Americans was a consequence of the disorder and violence the administration left in the wake of its drive-by war.

The useful lesson from Benghazi isn't about a White House lying (shocking!), but about the inherent messiness of regime change and the impossibility of a quick, clean war.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/timothy-p.-carney-the-real-benghazi-scandal-was-obamas-drive-by-war-in-libya/article/2548394?

Tim Carney has tweeted positive things about Rand at times.

surf
05-19-2014, 12:07 AM
no shit. so tired of Benghazi and all this bs when the issue is what the hell were we bombing them for?

nobody's_hero
05-19-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm only tired of it because they're not going to do anything about it. It would have been nice to see a few bureaucrats in the state department end up in jail, maybe even Hillary Clinton herself, but, let's be honest, we've got about as much a chance of seeing justice for Benghazi as we do to see a cop petting a puppy. The GOP has moved so ***-damned slow over the issue that the Democrats have thoroughly insulated their leaders from scrutiny, and framed the issue as one of those 'tin-foil tea-bagger' issues. It's another case of the GOP not getting up off of its ass and therefore letting the Democrats, once again, control the narrative.

Of course, there's always the honor among thieves approach, so you're not likely to actually see one side in Washington ever hold the other side accountable.

Occam's Banana
05-19-2014, 05:55 AM
I'm only tired of it because they're not going to do anything about it. It would have been nice to see a few bureaucrats in the state department end up in jail, maybe even Hillary Clinton herself, but, let's be honest, we've got about as much a chance of seeing justice for Benghazi as we do to see a cop petting a puppy. The GOP has moved so ***-damned slow over the issue that the Democrats have thoroughly insulated their leaders from scrutiny, and framed the issue as one of those 'tin-foil tea-bagger' issues. It's another case of the GOP not getting up off of its ass and therefore letting the Democrats, once again, control the narrative.

Of course, there's always the honor among thieves approach, so you're not likely to actually see one side in Washington ever hold the other side accountable.

My apologies to the Joker for comparing the Republicans to him ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkWrpH3H3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkWrpH3H3Q

klamath
05-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Absolutely right on. Specifically about the embassy attack Obama wanted the Libyan war to look like the perfect war as opposed to Iraq that he tried to treat it like Sweden as far a embassy security. Obama's "mission accomplished" moment.

pcosmar
05-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Absolutely right on. Specifically about the embassy attack Obama wanted the Libyan war to look like the perfect war as opposed to Iraq that he tried to treat it like Sweden as far a embassy security. Obama's "mission accomplished" moment.

There was no Embassy attack. It was not an Embassy.. It was a spy house..
A couple spooks got killed because they were meddling where they should not have been in the first place.

There is nothing truthful in anything the Gov or media have have said about this..and I just can't get all broken up over a couple of dead CIA spooks.

The Embassy was in Tripoli. not in Benghazi.

ClydeCoulter
05-19-2014, 08:34 AM
TTT (tag team theatrics)

There are so many things that may have been accomplished in various experiments done by some/many leaders in an attempt to make a more just environment (whether for appearances for posterity or in truth) . But those that have gained power unjustly do not wish those things to be accomplished and act swiftly to bring these experiments to an end. Empires become the perfect breeding ground for the knives that cut the heart out of humanity.

Ender
05-19-2014, 10:32 AM
A couple spooks got killed because they were meddling where they should not have been in the first place.

There is nothing truthful in anything the Gov or media have have said about this..and I just can't get all broken up over a couple of dead CIA spooks.

The Embassy was in Tripoli. not in Benghazi.

Exactly- beat me to it. ;)

surf
05-19-2014, 11:59 AM

The Embassy was in Tripoli. not in Benghazi.for the republicans to be all up in arms about "talking points" and whether or not it was labeled a "terrorist" act has always seemed like nothing more than an appeal-to-the-dumbass-base type of smokescreen. I like that these memos show how screwed up the propaganda branch of the government is, but very disappointed that the real issue is this country's effed up foreign policy.

if you want to call it an "embassy" rather than a CIA outpost, fine. but why the hell would the US have an embassy in Benghazi? this country can't afford it.

if I didn't expect it I would say i'm disappointed.

bunklocoempire
05-19-2014, 12:40 PM
There's the slam dunk right there GOP -but that's WAY more truth than the game will allow. Best stick with the emotional '4 heroes dead' stuff.

I have to wonder if there are political repercussions for not putting "boots on the ground".

Is there blow back from those who have could've made some decent $ with "boots on the ground"? Will Obama's name be sullied? lol

Madness.:(

HOLLYWOOD
05-19-2014, 01:29 PM
It's not Obama's Libyan war, it's all the bought and paid for government inside the Washington DC beltway... it's the covert operations(CIA, DIA, NSA, NRO, plus Mi5, DGSE) for the special interest(CFR, AIPAC, Trilateral, FPI, CSIS, Wilson, AEI, JINSA, WINEP, MEI, FMEP, PNAC aka ECI), plus your corporate sponsors who are thirsty, which control all 3 branches of government today.

Let's reflect: Boehner rushed his bill to the floor to protect Congress from having to vote on Kucinich's peace/non-intravention peace bill. Now look at the mess today, one only has to look at Boehner';s Bill and those who supported it. There's blood on all their hands.

http://kwout.com/cutout/y/w2/6b/qs2_bor.jpg

Boehner Offers Own Libya Resolution To Head Off Kucinich's Anti-War Bill (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/boehner-offers-own-libya-resolution-to-head-off-kucinich-s-anti-war-bill)

ClydeCoulter
05-19-2014, 02:09 PM
It's not Obama's Libyan war, it's all the bought and paid for government inside the Washington DC beltway... it's the covert operations(CIA, DIA, NSA, NRO, plus Mi5, DGSE) for the special interest(CFR, AIPAC, Trilateral, FPI, CSIS, Wilson, AEI, JINSA, WINEP, MEI, FMEP, PNAC aka ECI), plus your corporate sponsors who are thirsty, which control all 3 branches of government today.

Let's reflect: Boehner rushed his bill to the floor to protect Congress from having to vote on Kucinich's peace/non-intravention peace bill. Now look at the mess today, one only has to look at Boehner';s Bill and those who supported it. There's blood on all their hands.

(image removed for brevity)

Boehner Offers Own Libya Resolution To Head Off Kucinich's Anti-War Bill (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/boehner-offers-own-libya-resolution-to-head-off-kucinich-s-anti-war-bill)

"It's not about Democrats versus Republicans, this is about Congress versus the executive," Rep. Tom Rooney (R-FL), ...

No, it's not about that, either, Rep. Rooney. It's about us versus an out of control Congress, executive (including all of the bureaucracies) and Court.