PDA

View Full Version : MS Sen Cochran : Live-In Girlfriend On His Payroll, Wife In Nursing Home

angelatc
05-18-2014, 07:54 PM
First - a blogger who supports a Tea Party candidate snuck into a nursing home and snapped some pictures of Thad Cochran's wife (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2014/05/17/cochran-wife-nursing-home-arrest/9211639/), who has lived in the facility for 14 years. After he released the pictures, he was arrested and charged with pissing off a sitting US Senator exploitation of a vulnerable adult.

When I read about it, I wondered why the heck he would do that? Then I found out. Apparently one of the worst kept secrets in politics is that Cochran has a live-in girlfriend, who is also in his payroll. She flies with him all over the world, helping. (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/12/Cochran-s-Executive-Assistant-Accompanied-Him-To-42-Countries-On-33-Taxpayer-Funded-Trips)

Erick Erickson, that POS that runs Red State, had this to say about it:

It is an open secret in Mississippi that Thad Cochran’s wife is in a nursing home. I have known it for some time, which is why RedState has not pushed the story about Cochran’s relationship with Kay Webber. Cochran lives with Mrs. Webber, she travels with him socially and professionally, etc. In fact, if you google for Thad Cochran and his wife, the images that come up are of Thad Cochran and Mrs. Webber.

It is a tragic story, given Mrs. Cochran’s health. She suffers from dementia and has been confined to a nursing home for years. In the past two weeks though, a number of bloggers have tried to raise the red flag on Thad Cochran’s relationship with Mrs. Webber since they live together and she is also on his payroll. We have done our best to avoid delving into this story other than acknowledging its existence. It is, again, a tragic situation.

The tragedy is that the gatekeepers are still perfectly content to look the other way when it's their party breaking the rules of morality they want to dictate.

And if you want a clue about the type of "Republican" that Cochran is, here's a thread that will clue you in: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444581-MS-Senator-Cochran-has-long-list-of-federally-funded-buildings-named-after-him&highlight=Thad+Cochran

Anti Federalist
05-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Ah, so that's what this was about.

Thanks for posting.

Hypocritical moralizing GOP dead ender is hypocritical.

angelatc
05-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Ah, so that's what this was about.

Thanks for posting.

Hypocritical moralizing GOP dead ender is hypocritical.

Isn't just amazing that for 2 days we have been hearing about this blogger, but not a word about the motivations behind the picture? Gotta love the media. They may lean left, but they protect the overlords on both sides of the aisle when it suits them.

Yet another reason that only government-licensed reporters should be allowed to publish, right?

specsaregood
05-18-2014, 08:16 PM
//

angelatc
05-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Just wondering; what would you have the guy do?
1. Live alone, go without any companionship as long as his demented wife is alive?
2. Divorce his demented wife?

Or is it that the girlfriend is on the payroll that is the big brouhaha?
I really don't see the problem here.

Yes, when I took a vow that said, "Till death do we part" I pretty much meant it. I'd be less upset about this if it was a Democrat, because they openly celebrate their lack of morals. I don't expect anything except filth from them.

Yes, having your girlfriend on the payroll and in your traveling party is indeed another ethical violation.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Rose Cochran did this to herself.

pcosmar
05-18-2014, 08:22 PM
1. Live alone, go without any companionship as long as his demented wife is alive?

I wonder what the wife was pissed (Demented) about before she was institutionalized and drugged into submission.

What would I have him do?? Not run for Public Office for a start.
I certainly would not trust a man that is that dishonest.

pcosmar
05-18-2014, 08:25 PM
I'd be less upset about this if it was a Democrat, because they openly celebrate their lack of morals. I don't expect anything except filth from them.

I see absolutely no difference between Republican and Democrat.
McCain is just as much a scumbag. As are several others.. Party has nothing to do with it.

angelatc
05-18-2014, 08:26 PM
I wonder what the wife was pissed (Demented) about before she was institutionalized and drugged into submission.

What would I have him do?? Not run for Public Office for a start.
I certainly would not trust a man that is that dishonest.

There are people in some comment sections of the local papers saying that he couldn't get her in the home quick enough...that he wanted her gone so he could pursue the new relationship.

specsaregood
05-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes, when I took a vow that said, "Till death do we part" I pretty much meant it. I'd be less upset about this if it was a Democrat, because they openly celebrate their lack of morals. I don't expect anything except filth from them.

Meh, it seems he is caring for her. She is past the point of being able to be a true partner and could survive indefinitely. I'm not sure I have a problem here; for all we know she could have told him to seek companionship if it got to this point.

Yes, having your girlfriend on the payroll and in your traveling party is indeed another ethical violation.
yeah, that one is the bit that I could be judgmental about.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Isn't just amazing that for 2 days we have been hearing about this blogger, but not a word about the motivations behind the picture? Gotta love the media. They may lean left, but they protect the overlords on both sides of the aisle when it suits them.

Yet another reason that only government-licensed reporters should be allowed to publish, right?

Oh boy, no kidding...it is not a left media, it is not a right media, it is state media.

I think readers of Pravda under the USSR got more of the truth than we do now.

At the very least the pro-government tone was more ham-fisted and therefore more obvious.

kpitcher
05-18-2014, 09:37 PM
I wonder if he ever used the term 'sanctity of marriage' in any of his speeches?

jkob
05-18-2014, 09:51 PM

I don't either. It's a sad situation but I don't think it would be right for him to divorce his sick wife, she's probably on his Senate health insurance.

regardless hopefully McDaniels retires Cochran

Cap
05-19-2014, 07:39 AM
More overwhelming proof that the left/right paradigm is false.

tod evans
05-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Oh boy, no kidding...it is not a left media, it is not a right media, it is state media.

I think readers of Pravda under the USSR got more of the truth than we do now.

At the very least the pro-government tone was more ham-fisted and therefore more obvious.

Governments propaganda arm..

Mr.NoSmile
05-19-2014, 08:41 AM
I don't either. It's a sad situation but I don't think it would be right for him to divorce his sick wife, she's probably on his Senate health insurance.

If North Carolina is any indication, it's an uphill battle.

enhanced_deficit
05-19-2014, 08:53 AM
war lobbies good friend was also fan of both swc drone and mccain.

"I think I surprised [some students] by saying that I really like both the candidates very much and I thought we would be well served however the election comes out," Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) told the editorial board of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal in 2008.

He went on to say that he was voting for John McCain in the election, but when asked if he thought Obama would be "a disaster for the country," he said no and praised the then-senator.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/02/21/sen_thad_cochran_praises_obama_in_2008.html

angelatc
05-19-2014, 09:27 AM

I do not think it would be right of him to divorce his wife, either. Period.

mosquitobite
05-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Democrats supported Lugar here in Indiana more than the Republicans did.

Same thing with Cochran. He's a useful tool on the "other" *cough cough* side of the aisle.

MRK
05-19-2014, 10:45 AM

I completely agree. If our country can no longer support a man's entire harem on the public's dime with Senate spousal healthcare and Senate staffing allowance, well that's not a country I want my kids to grow up in. That's not the America I remembered.

pcosmar
05-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Democrats supported Lugar here in Indiana more than the Republicans did.

Same thing with Cochran. He's a useful tool on the "other" *cough cough* side of the aisle.

There is no "other side of the aisle".
Both parties work to maintain that illusion,, while working toward the same agenda.