PDA

View Full Version : Bundy Cover Story; SHOWDOWN on the Range

Carson
05-18-2014, 04:08 PM
If you get a chance to grab a copy of The New American, the Cover Story is SHOWDOWN on the Range.

It seems to me to be pretty good journalism. It covers both sides of the story and opens up new understanding about the ongoing conflict. I still haven't finished the article so don't take my word for it. Get out there and find a copy.

Or you can order a single copy here somewhere;

http://www.thenewamerican.com/

Actually you can probably read the whole article on line somewhere there. I haven't taken time to delve into it. We need FrankRep! He seems to understand their new system on online publishing.

Anyway it's in The New American May 19 2014 issue.

I'm going to Lowlife them and print an excerpt in a following comment. I lost the one I had in mind so it's back to the shi...study.

Carson
05-18-2014, 04:18 PM
"Where’s the “Rule of Law”?

So, before one succumbs to the facile arguments of the BLM and its champions in the media, consider that this is the same agency (along with the USFS) that Chief Judge Robert C. Jones of the Federal District Court of Nevada last year ruled had been engaged in a decades-long criminal “conspiracy” against the Wayne Hage family. Among other things, Judge Jones accused the federal bureaucrats of racketeering under the federal RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corruption Organizations) statute, and accused them as well of extortion, mail fraud, and fraud, in an effort “to kill the business of Mr. Hage.” In fact, the government’s actions were so malicious and “abhorrent,” said the judge, as to “shock the conscience of the Court.”

Judge Jones said he found that “the government and the agents of the government in that locale, sometime in the ’70s and ’80s, entered into a conspiracy, a literal, intentional conspiracy, to deprive the Hages of not only their permit grazing rights, for whatever reason, but also to deprive them of their vested property rights under the takings clause, and I find that that’s a sufficient basis to hold that there is irreparable harm if I don’t … restrain the government from continuing in that conduct.”

Judge Jones granted an injunction against the agencies and referred area BLM and Forest Service managers to the Justice Department for prosecution. Of course, Sen. Harry Reid rushed to demand that Attorney General Eric Holder prosecute these fedgov criminals who had been harassing and criminally violating the rights of his constituents be prosecuted, right? Nevadans who know Reid laugh at the thought; Holder and Reid are too busy persecuting the ranchers who are the victims of the BLM criminals Judge Jones condemned!"

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/18176-showdown-on-the-range

phill4paul
05-18-2014, 05:22 PM
"Where’s the “Rule of Law”?

So, before one succumbs to the facile arguments of the BLM and its champions in the media, consider that this is the same agency (along with the USFS) that Chief Judge Robert C. Jones of the Federal District Court of Nevada last year ruled had been engaged in a decades-long criminal “conspiracy” against the Wayne Hage family. Among other things, Judge Jones accused the federal bureaucrats of racketeering under the federal RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corruption Organizations) statute, and accused them as well of extortion, mail fraud, and fraud, in an effort “to kill the business of Mr. Hage.” In fact, the government’s actions were so malicious and “abhorrent,” said the judge, as to “shock the conscience of the Court.”

Judge Jones said he found that “the government and the agents of the government in that locale, sometime in the ’70s and ’80s, entered into a conspiracy, a literal, intentional conspiracy, to deprive the Hages of not only their permit grazing rights, for whatever reason, but also to deprive them of their vested property rights under the takings clause, and I find that that’s a sufficient basis to hold that there is irreparable harm if I don’t … restrain the government from continuing in that conduct.”

Judge Jones granted an injunction against the agencies and referred area BLM and Forest Service managers to the Justice Department for prosecution. Of course, Sen. Harry Reid rushed to demand that Attorney General Eric Holder prosecute these fedgov criminals who had been harassing and criminally violating the rights of his constituents be prosecuted, right? Nevadans who know Reid laugh at the thought; Holder and Reid are too busy persecuting the ranchers who are the victims of the BLM criminals Judge Jones condemned!"

Did Judge Jones issue a bench warrant?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Actually you can probably read the whole article on line somewhere there.

The John Birch Society won't make this available for free. If it's on the internet, then an individual posted it. It is available at a lot of college and public libraries. North Carolina has something called NC Live, which is databases of articles like this. Anybody in North Carolina with an academic or public library card can read this article.

Carson
05-18-2014, 06:51 PM
The John Birch Society won't make this available for free. If it's on the internet, then an individual posted it. It is available at a lot of college and public libraries. North Carolina has something called NC Live, which is databases of articles like this. Anybody in North Carolina with an academic or public library card can read this article.

Actually they have it on line already. Some times I can find their stories. Other times not.

This article is an example of the exclusive content that's only available by subscribing to our print magazine. Twice a month get in-depth features covering the political gamut: education, candidate profiles, immigration, healthcare, foreign policy, guns, etc. Digital as well as print options are available!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Actually they have it on line already. Some times I can find their stories. Other times not.

Oh well, shows you what I know. D'oh :o.

I'm living in the past anyway. :D:p

Carson
05-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Did Judge Jones issue a bench warrant?

I didn't notice if a warrant was issued but I did read this paragraph. It seemed to condense the turtle thing nicely. (I'm thinking they could have just released them from captivity.)

Snipped some heavy lead in paragraphs here...

One of the tactics that Elicker’s “green” colleagues and the federal bureaucrats have used with great effect in this campaign to exterminate the ranchers is the Endangered Species Act. Currently, in the Bundy case the critter du jour is the “threatened” desert tortoise (Gopherus agassizii). However, unfortunately for the BLM, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, and their militant NGO activist allies, their own bad timing has exposed the fraudulent nature of their claimed concern for the supposedly threatened reptile. Last year the federal bureaucrats “euthanized” hundreds of the tortoises, claiming that due to a budget shortfall of around $1 million, they didn’t have sufficient funds to continue running a Nevada care and research reserve for the creatures. This, after having put many ranchers out of business. Nevertheless, the same bureaucrats found ways to come up with the funds to launch the paramilitary raid against the Bundys, which by various estimates may have ended up costing several million dollars — so far.

They always seem to come up with some critter to involve in these things. Mostly I figure they just have some bug up their butt.