PDA

View Full Version : Rand only Repub. to lead Clinton in 3 States...Help get Drudge to cover it

Vastroc
05-18-2014, 02:52 PM
It seems to me there have been 3 recent polls that have not got the attention they should have. Rand beating Clinton in NH, CO, and KY. 2 of these are battleground states.

National Review posted an article today about 2 of those states. I informed them about the NH poll (maybe others did as well) and they amended the article with that information.

This seems like a critical piece of information to get out there. The establishment is desperate to paint Rand as unelectable in the general election. Remember Romney largely won the primary on the basis of "Electability".

If the thinking becomes "Rand only one with chance to beat Clinton", then he will be unstoppable.

We must get this information on Drudge. All the conservative talking heads get information from there. If anyone has had success getting Drudge to link an article...please help now. Here is the link.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/378217/rand-paul-leads-hillary-clinton-ky-nh-co-potential-2016-matchup-eliana-Johnson

CaseyJones
05-18-2014, 02:57 PM
drudged

mosquitobite
05-18-2014, 03:20 PM
how do you drudge something?

CaseyJones
05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
down on the right side there is a place to send articles and tips to drudge

francisco
05-18-2014, 04:04 PM
It seems to me there have been 3 recent polls that have not got the attention they should have. Rand beating Clinton in NH, CO, and KY. 2 of these are battleground states.

National Review posted an article today about 2 of those states. I informed them about the NH poll (maybe others did as well) and they amended the article with that information.

This seems like a critical piece of information to get out there. The establishment is desperate to paint Rand as unelectable in the general election. Remember Romney largely won the primary on the basis of "Electability".

If the thinking becomes "Rand only one with chance to beat Clinton", then he will be unstoppable.

We must get this information on Drudge. All the conservative talking heads get information from there. If anyone has had success getting Drudge to link an article...please help now. Here is the link.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/378217/rand-paul-leads-hillary-clinton-ky-nh-co-potential-2016-matchup-eliana-Johnson

+rep for taking direct action in notifying National Review of the additional info from a 3rd state, and also for making excellent suggestion!

I drudged the NR article, so hopefully multiple notifications will display interest in topic and prompt Drudge to post the article.

05-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Last few elections drudge was good about putting up articles we sent to him. It should appear soon.

CaseyJones
05-18-2014, 06:45 PM
not there yet... needs more drudging

Vastroc
05-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Come on guys. Need more people to drudge this. So many people read drudge and use it as a basis for their talking points.

This is the first time I have started a thread. I just think that this is so important to refute the most common talking point against Rand.

William Tell
05-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Come on guys. Need more people to drudge this. So many people read drudge and use it as a basis for their talking points.

This is the first time I have started a thread. I just think that this is so important to refute the most common talking point against Rand.

I sent it to Drudge, good idea.

philipped
05-18-2014, 09:36 PM
I sent it to Drudge, good idea.
How exactly do you go about doing that?

CaseyJones
05-18-2014, 09:47 PM
down on the right side of drudgereport there is a place to send articles and tips to drudge

philipped
05-19-2014, 08:38 AM
down on the right side of drudgereport there is a place to send articles and tips to drudge

Thank you.

Keith and stuff
05-19-2014, 08:44 AM
That's awesome. 3 states that will be swing states if Hillary runes. Rand wins in all 3. I'd love to see it happen (at least the Rand winning part).

philipped
05-19-2014, 08:45 AM
That's awesome. 3 states that will be swing states if Hillary runes. Rand wins in all 3. I'd love to see it happen (at least the Rand winning part).

"Randslide"

Vastroc
05-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Its still not up at Drudge. I have to think getting 20-30 different people to notify Drudge about this would get this up there. He has a ton of small articles linked up atm. This has close to 500 views atm.

Some of you lurkers...please send Drudge the link with some type of comment of Rand beating Clinton.....or only repub beating Clinton in a couple of battleground states. It takes 30 sec of your time.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/378217/rand-paul-leads-hillary-clinton-ky-nh-co-potential-2016-matchup-eliana-johnson

carlton
05-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Its still not up at Drudge. I have to think getting 20-30 different people to notify Drudge about this would get this up there. He has a ton of small articles linked up atm. This has close to 500 views atm.

Some of you lurkers...please send Drudge the link with some type of comment of Rand beating Clinton.....or only repub beating Clinton in a couple of battleground states. It takes 30 sec of your time.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/378217/rand-paul-leads-hillary-clinton-ky-nh-co-potential-2016-matchup-eliana-johnson

Drudged... that said, I've noticed that Drudge's articles on Rand have been less than favorable of late and Cruz is getting all the nice headlines. I honestly don't think the Drudge Report will cover anything pro-Rand unless it has to now.

Vastroc
05-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Drudged... that said, I've noticed that Drudge's articles on Rand have been less than favorable of late and Cruz is getting all the nice headlines. I honestly don't think the Drudge Report will cover anything pro-Rand unless it has to now.

I have noticed the Cruz love on Drudge the last couple of months. There is ALOT of anti Rand money out there, so I would not be surprised if some of that is working behind the scenes at Drudge.

I still would like to get 20-30 people submitting it to Drudge in case it is just a threshold of interest type of thing.

RickyJ
05-19-2014, 04:09 PM
If you want Rand to run I think now is the time to start raising money for his potential campaign to give him more incentive to actually run. He knows that he will need tons of money to have a chance and if he doesn't think he can get it I don't think he will run. Let's let him know that money won't be a problem. Do we have enough people here committed to getting Rand in the White House like we had for his father?

philipped
05-20-2014, 10:41 AM
If you want Rand to run I think now is the time to start raising money for his potential campaign to give him more incentive to actually run. He knows that he will need tons of money to have a chance and if he doesn't think he can get it I don't think he will run. Let's let him know that money won't be a problem. Do we have enough people here committed to getting Rand in the White House like we had for his father?

I would hope there would be more.

CaptUSA
05-20-2014, 10:53 AM
If you want Rand to run I think now is the time to start raising money for his potential campaign to give him more incentive to actually run. He knows that he will need tons of money to have a chance and if he doesn't think he can get it I don't think he will run. Let's let him know that money won't be a problem. Do we have enough people here committed to getting Rand in the White House like we had for his father?Lol... This seems to suggest Rand is still thinking about running... My friend, he has been running for years. At this point, I don't think there is anything that could make him NOT run.

That being said, you are right on point about the money. It also demonstrates to the power brokers that he has his own revenue stream. They like to see that in a candidate.

Vastroc
05-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Unless something strange happens (illness/family issue/massive scandal), Rand is running. While I would love for the grassroots to massively fund him right now, the reality is only the heat of the election will bring out the big money bombs for him.

I would still like to focus on getting 20-30 people to Drudge this article. I think that would be more effective than 20-30 people sending him $50. The article is only 2 days old so Drudge could still link it.

Please keep trying for one more day.

Shane Harris
05-20-2014, 12:50 PM
drudged

Vastroc
05-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Strange how some random blogger/columnist saying he is for Rand in 2016 gets on Drudge.....yet 3 independent polls showing him as the only one beating Clinton doesn't get linked.

francisco
05-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Strange how some random blogger/columnist saying he is for Rand in 2016 gets on Drudge.....yet 3 independent polls showing him as the only one beating Clinton doesn't get linked.

I assume that you're talking about Nat Hentoff when you refer to "random blogger/columnist." Maybe you are too young to relate, but he was a very well-known and outspoken advocate for civil liberty for years, long before the tea party existed, when most people had no familiarity with the term "libertarian".

I understand your frustration that Drudge didn't pick up on the story about Rand being only candidate to beat Hillary in polls of 3 states. Sometimes chance has a lot to do with what stories gain traction. The only thing to do is to keep plugging away, in many different approaches. Don't get discouraged. When you get lucky--and it will happen--out of the blue, something goes viral. A good example is the "R3VOLution" sign/symbol. It was not invented by the official Ron Paul campaign. It was an individual in the grassroots. But the symbolism resonated and the rest is history. Same thing with the concept of the Moneybomb. Invented by the Grassroots. Even the "tea party" meme was originated by the RP Grassroots, in a December 2007 Boston Meetup event. It took a couple of years to gestate, and admittedly the form morphed in gestation, but that is the truth.

Vastroc
05-22-2014, 12:00 AM
I am not that frustrated about it. Truthfully I expected failure and was pleasantly surprised when I got (could have been others informing them as well) the original article changed to include the NH poll.

I basically see the good candidates/ballot measures lose in 95% of the elections I participate in. Simple concepts like you can't continually spend more than you have lose to Santa Claus.

I hit frustrated about 15 years ago....now I just shake my head and move on.

TomtheTinker
05-22-2014, 12:28 AM
drudged Plus rep to any who share

TomtheTinker
05-22-2014, 12:32 AM
I guess I was late...I still +1 everybody because I love you guys

Vastroc
05-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks for trying everyone who participated.