PDA

View Full Version : Indiana cops taser 10-year-old at day care

phill4paul
05-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Indiana police say two officers have been placed on administrative suspension after they used a stun gun on an unruly child at a home day care.

A news release from the mayor's office and the Martinsville Police Department said the officers responded to reports of a 10-year-old who was out of control at Tender Teddies Day Care Tuesday night, reports WRTV in Indianapolis.

Martinsville police say the officers visited the home in response to a call that the boy was being combative and trying to harm other children and caretakers.

It was not their first visit to the home on such reports.

The department says that when the officers arrived the boy was out of control, hitting and kicking and refusing to listen to them.

The department says the officers used a stun gun and slapped the boy to subdue him.

The chief said the boy cried after being shocked on Tuesday but is now fine, WRTV reports.

Martinsville Police Chief Jon Davis said Thursday that he believes two of his officers could have avoided using the stun gun on the 94-pound boy.

The day care's owner, Heath Lancaster, did not comment on the case on Wednesday, saying only that it was in the hands of the Department of Child Services and police.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/indiana-cops-taser-10-year-old-day-care-article-1.168155#ixzz31v55zpw4

tod evans
05-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Why didn't the teacher paddle his ass?

Oh yeah that's now abuse so instead they call the heroes in blue....

HVACTech
05-16-2014, 05:06 PM
tazering a 10 year old..... such a manly man thing to do.

eduardo89
05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I hope the cops are ok, they could have been seriously injured.

Suzanimal
05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
It was not their first visit to the home on such reports.

This woman is in the wrong business if she's calling cops on 10 year old kids.

The department says the officers used a stun gun and slapped the boy to subdue him.

The chief said the boy cried after being shocked on Tuesday but is now fine, WRTV reports.

:eek: Oh hell no, I would go ape shit on the SOB if he did that to one of mine.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 05:12 PM

Where they would proceed to kill you.

eduardo89
05-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Where they would proceed to kill you.

Officer safety comes first. You should know that.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Officer safety comes first. You should know that.

I know it all too well, before or after is when to do something, not during.

During, they will call as many asshole cop buddies and apply as much force as they need to kill you.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Why didn't the teacher paddle his ass?

Oh yeah that's now abuse so instead they call the heroes in blue....

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/04/20/4207656/art-boston-thanks-620x349.jpg

kahless
05-16-2014, 06:03 PM

I came to this thread and was like no "Thank you police!" yet, no just wait for it since AF always pulls through. LOL

Ender
05-16-2014, 06:06 PM

Exactly my first thought.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I came to this thread and was like no "Thank you police!" yet, no just wait for it since AF always pulls through. LOL

You are more than welcome.

http://th38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/vgupload/th_Bow.gif

Folks, let me know if I wear this out.

FloralScent
05-16-2014, 06:11 PM

What's she supposed to do if she doesn't have the authority to blast them in the mouth? Not that she should have to. If the parents were doing their job, the kid would piss his pants at the mere thought of misbehaving.

eduardo89
05-16-2014, 06:12 PM
What's she supposed to do if she doesn't have the authority to blast them in the mouth? Not that she should have to. If the parents where doing their job, the kid would piss his pants at the mere thought of misbehaving.

+rep

phill4paul
05-16-2014, 06:17 PM
What's she supposed to do if she doesn't have the authority to blast them in the mouth? Not that she should have to. If the parents were doing their job, the kid would piss his pants at the mere thought of misbehaving.

I would imagine, since it was not the first time, that she should have informed the parents that their child was no longer welcome there. Eventually, the parents may have decided to discipline their own child since no one would admit him to their day care. Shunning can work wonders and should be used more often than it is.

Snew
05-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I feel so protected.

FloralScent
05-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I would imagine, since it was not the first time, that she should have informed the parents that their child was no longer welcome there. Eventually, the parents may have decided to discipline their own child since no one would admit him to their day care. Shunning can work wonders and should be used more often than it is.

This is the correct solution to keep it from happening again but what's she supposed to do right then and there if the little bastard is hitting people? She has no authority to do anything or she'll lose her job and maybe even get sued and charged with assault. I know for damn sure I ain't watching nobody's youngins if I can't smack 'em, and probably not even then. She was in a tough spot.

phill4paul
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
This is the correct solution to keep it from happening again but what's she supposed to do right then and there if the little bastard is hitting people? She has no authority to do anything or she'll lose her job and maybe even get sued and charged with assault. I know for damn sure I ain't watching nobody's youngins if I can't smack 'em, and probably not even then. She was in a tough spot.

If the little bastard is a danger to the other children then she is free to use whatever force was deemed necessary and written into the contractual agreement between the child care agency and the parents. Then after this first episode the status of the child's enrollment would be re-evaluated.

FloralScent
05-16-2014, 07:15 PM
If the little bastard is a danger to the other children then she is free to use whatever force was deemed necessary and written into the contractual agreement between the child care agency and the parents. Then after this first episode the status of the child's enrollment would be re-evaluated.

Fair enough.

liberty2897
05-16-2014, 08:14 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/and-not-a-single-fuck-was-given-police-car-on-fire.jpg