PDA

View Full Version : VA-Man unknowingly buys stolen moped, calls in report to cops, they show up and kill his dog

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Dead dog’s owner claims officer used excessive force

15 May 2014

http://wavy.com/2014/05/14/dead-dogs-owner-claims-officer-used-excessive-force/

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A Hampton neighborhood is upset that a police officer shot and killed a family dog.

Police are still investigating if the shooting was justified. It happened Friday night on Pansy Street, and the pet’s owner said the dog did not have malicious intent.

“He greeted everybody that came on the road the same way, y’all got barked at, but once he got up to you, the tail started wagging,” said Richard Turner, the dog’s owner.

Marley, a mix of hound and boxer, was a neighborhood favorite, the leader of the pack and Turner’s lovable companion. The trouble started when Turner realized he had purchased a stolen moped. He called police to come pick it up, but he was down the street at a friend’s house when the officer arrived.

“We got about halfway down the road when Marley saw the officer get out of his car and walking into the yard,” Turner said.

Police say the dog was acting aggressively.

“While the owner and canine were trying to approach the officer, the canine aggressively lunged at the officer,” said Cpl. Mary Shackelford with the Hampton Police Division.

“I was immediately like, ‘Don’t shoot my dog!’” Turner said. “I screamed it as loud as I could. He ignored what I said and shot the dog.”

Marley didn’t die right away. Hurt and confused, he ran. And the whole neighborhood chased after him. They found him three streets away with a bullet hole in his cheek.

The dog’s extreme pain, coupled with thousands of dollars in medical bills and a surgery that didn’t guarantee survival, forced Turner to make a tough decision — to put the dog down.

“Obviously we sympathize with the family,” Cpl. Shackelford said. “I’m sure that dog was the family pet; However, due to the ongoing investigations, we’re not able to provide any further information in reference to it.”

Turner hopes police will use Marley’s death as a reason to train for better outcomes in similar situations.

“I really just wish they would take a little more time to train these guys to figure out what is the proper method to handle these bigger dogs besides lethal force,” Turner said.

(Fucking pussy. Will you say that when they gun down your wife or kids? - AF)

Along with the shooting investigation, police are also conducting an internal investigation, which is standard procedure for officer-involved shootings.

Origanalist
05-15-2014, 06:38 PM
With any luck the hero will get a paid vacation. Thanks for calling buddy.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Ugh, fouled up that headline...was in a rush out the door.

kcchiefs6465
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
You can probably still edit it.

Go to advanced options.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 07:37 PM
You can probably still edit it.

Go to advanced options.

Nope, too much time elapsed/too many views.

Gotta get a mod to do it...none of them seem to be on right now.

kcchiefs6465
05-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Nope, too much time elapsed/too many views.

Gotta get a mod to do it...none of them seem to be on right now.
Oh. I'll flag it.

No worries though. I just assumed you started early. With stories like this daily, I didn't blame you.

It's more decipherable than a certain Free Speech advocate's posts.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh. I'll flag it.

No worries though. I just assumed you started early. With stories like this daily, I didn't blame you.

It's more decipherable than a certain Free Speech advocate's posts.

Hah Hah, no kidding...where is that guy anyways?

Oh and thanks Unknown Moderator.

kcchiefs6465
05-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Hah Hah, no kidding...where is that guy anyways?

Oh and thanks Unknown Moderator.
I could only imagine.

Stapling newspapers to the wall and connecting dots?

Jk... Kind of.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I could only imagine.

Stapling newspapers to the wall and connecting dots?

Jk... Kind of.

NO GRAVY!!! NO GRAVY!!!

http://persistentenlightenment.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/366-2.jpg

mrsat_98
05-15-2014, 08:30 PM
He did it to himself and his dog.

Spikender
05-15-2014, 10:21 PM
In my home state. VA is for Lovers... and Pussies, apparently.

I have half a mind to drive down to Hampton right now and let the guy know what's up. Heck, I was actually near there at Virginia Beach on Tuesday. Just wish these people weren't so forgiving of these kanine killers. It's ridiculous how even the victims stretch and contort themselves to make it seem "not so bad".

Occam's Banana
05-16-2014, 04:10 AM
“Obviously we sympathize with the family,” Cpl. Shackelford said.

Obviously, you don't. If you did, you might actually do something about trigger-happy assholes with badges.

“I’m sure that dog was the family pet;

Well, no shit, Sherlock. I'm so glad you could clear that up for us.
Because ... you know ... some of us were wondering ...

However, due to the ongoing investigations, we’re not able to provide any further information in reference to it.”

Ever notice how they're NEVER able to "provide any further information" on matters like this?
If the matter is pending "investigation," no further information can be provided because an "investigation" is pending.
If the matter is under "investigation," no further information can be provided because an "investigation" is underway.
If the matter has been "investigated," no further information can be provided because the "investigation" is over, it's all in the whitewa... erm, I mean "final report," the involved officer(s) have been cleared of any wrongdoing, and the "community" needs to just put the matter behind it in order to "move forward and heal" ...

DamianTV
05-16-2014, 04:39 AM
These dog killing cops are all hypocritical pussies. When the shit finally hits the proverbial fan, they will show their true colors. Many will abandon their posts and run home to make sure their own dogs are not shot and killed. They have become the exact opposite of role models for the leaders of tomorrow. And we need to make damn sure that everyone knows to look up to these perfect shining examples of what we dont want our young to grow up and become themselves.

jtap
05-16-2014, 07:31 AM
So. Much. Anger!

It's so simple. Want your dog to live?

http://i57.tinypic.com/30cyj37.gif

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 10:58 AM
So. Much. Anger!

It's so simple. Want your dog to live?

http://i57.tinypic.com/30cyj37.gif

And this goes right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6wXkI4t7nuc

jclay2
05-16-2014, 11:27 AM
“I really just wish they would take a little more time to train these guys to figure out what is the proper method to handle these bigger dogs besides lethal force,” Turner said.

Wow talk about worshiping our abusers They killed your dog right before your eyes, and all you can say is "I hope there is better training"? This guy needs to get off the meds/fluoride and wake up. Seems like he has been pacified to the point of a jelly fish.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Wow talk about worshiping our abusers They killed your dog right before your eyes, and all you can say is "I hope there is better training"? This guy needs to get off the meds/fluoride and wake up. Seems like he has been pacified to the point of a jelly fish.

That is most of your fellow AmeriKans.

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/04/20/4207656/art-boston-thanks-620x349.jpg

JK/SEA
05-16-2014, 11:45 AM
un-civil servants.

damn...i'm tired of saying fuck.

Barrex
05-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Some of these news are starting to be funny to me...

Was eating dounut, walking down the park, shoot the dog....

I am not conspiracy theorist but is there possibility that cats somehow infiltrated police and are now eliminating their enemies?

phill4paul
05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Some of these news are starting to be funny to me...

Was eating dounut, walking down the park, shoot the dog....

I am not conspiracy theorist but is there possibility that cats somehow infiltrated police and are now eliminating their enemies?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bearded_lady/hickoryshampoo.jpg

alucard13mm
05-16-2014, 02:09 PM
On pansy street no less.

Spikender
05-16-2014, 10:04 PM
On pansy street no less.

Cops on home turf.