PDA

View Full Version : Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines

donnay
05-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines

A May 7th solicitation by the U.S. Department of Agriculture seeks "the commercial acquisition of submachine guns [in] .40 Cal. S&W."

According to the solicitation (https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9fc3a01217d03b0354e1e18b69aa7bad&tab=core&_cview=0), the Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an "ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding," and a "30 rd. capacity" magazine.

They also want the submachine guns to have a "sling," be "lightweight," and have an "oversized trigger guard for gloved operation."

The solicitation directs "all responsible and/or interested sources...[to] submit their company name, point of contact, and telephone." Companies that submit information in a "timely" fashion "shall be considered by the agency for contact to determine weapon suitability."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/14/Dept-Of-Agriculture-Orders-Submachine-Guns-With-30-Round-Magazines

Original_Intent
05-15-2014, 08:27 AM
A new technique for planting seeds, mundane.

oyarde
05-15-2014, 11:29 AM
////

tod evans
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Moar stormtroopers!

USA

USA

USA

oyarde
05-15-2014, 11:44 AM
A new technique for planting seeds, mundane.

I am thinking I may need to enlarge my berm.

oyarde
05-15-2014, 11:46 AM
What is maximum effective range of 40 Cal S &W ? That needs a scope ?

Red Green
05-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Fruit flies. Ever try to kill fruit flies with a revolver? By the time you reload, they're gone.

Red Green
05-15-2014, 11:51 AM

Not sure but when you spin it out of a rifle barrel it's a lot longer than your .40 cal handgun.

oyarde
05-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Fruit flies. Ever try to kill fruit flies with a revolver? By the time you reload, they're gone.

12 Ga , # 9 shot.Good for Quail and fruit flies.

Occam's Banana
05-15-2014, 12:00 PM
[T]he U.S. Department of Agriculture seeks "the commercial acquisition of submachine guns [in] .40 Cal. S&W." [...] [T]he Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an "ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding," and a "30 rd. capacity" magazine. They also want the submachine guns to have a "sling," be "lightweight," and have an "oversized trigger guard for gloved operation."

You just can't be too careful. Those goddam Children of the Corn are some nasty pieces of work, I'm tellin' ya ...

oyarde
05-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Not sure but when you spin it out of a rifle barrel it's a lot longer than your .40 cal handgun.
I guess 100 like a 9 rifle ?

oyarde
05-15-2014, 12:04 PM
My 40 cal is cap & ball, at close range it may even set the target on fire :)

jllundqu
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Interesting... USDA getting swatted up.... Does it say how many they are requesting?

brushfire
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Someone got their a$$es spanked at the Bundy ranch. They just used it to fortify more government employees. I'm betting bloomie is real upset about that.

They're probably H&K UMP 40's... Same as the border patrol. If I could get whatever I wanted, with someone else's money, I'd get the same. The "scope" is probably a trijicon ACOG or some kind of reflex. Like Jay Lenno used to say, "Crunch all ya want, we'll make more".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_UMP

acptulsa
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Roving bands of chickens.

Just because you work for Monsant--er, I mean the Department of Agriculture doesn't mean you have to put up with being henpecked.

oyarde
05-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Someone got their a$$es spanked at the Bundy ranch. They just used it to fortify more government employees. I'm betting bloomie is real upset about that.

They're probably H&K UMP 40's... Same as the border patrol. If I could get whatever I wanted, with someone else's money, I'd get the same. The "scope" is probably a trijicon ACOG or some kind of reflex. Like Jay Lenno used to say, "Crunch all ya want, we'll make more".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_UMPProbably right , so 100 meters .

Brian4Liberty
05-15-2014, 12:11 PM

Anti Federalist
As the land seizures increase, as more and more people are arrested for violation of Agenda 21 rules and codes, they know there will be a some pushback, even from spineless idiot Amerika.

Better be prepared.

I'm sure they will be getting some MRAPs and BearCats too.

Brian4Liberty

GunnyFreedom

The longer the barrel, the longer the range. Assuming a 14" barrel 155gr round with a MV around 1400fps, you are looking at an effective range of ~250 yards (300 if you have dropcomps). And the kind of 'scope' they are using is probably a CQB site, ie a holographic red dot without magnification like an EOTech or an Aimpoint.

GunnyFreedom
05-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Probably right , so 100 meters .

If you know what you are doing, you can deal with a 40" drop at 200yds.

http://glenbradley.net/share/ss/drops40sw.jpg

And 235 ft/lbs is plenty of energy left, so if your sight has drop comps then you can hit as far as 300.

oyarde
05-15-2014, 12:50 PM
If you know what you are doing, you can deal with a 40" drop at 200yds.

http://glenbradley.net/share/ss/drops40sw.jpg

And 235 ft/lbs is plenty of energy left, so if your sight has drop comps then you can hit as far as 300. Time to get my buddies reloading press fired up .I would hate for a national treasure as I am to be attacked by the lowlife dept of ag, lol

jllundqu
05-15-2014, 12:51 PM
From the USDA site:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7446/14138938735_3a21a2cff8.jpg

U.S. Forest Service law enforcement officer Carson Harris and his K-9 partner, Jasper, patrol the Shasta-Trinity National Forest in California. (U.S. Forest Service)

jllundqu
05-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Most of the meth labs are in national forest land. Then again, there shouldn't be 'national forest land' so....

oyarde
05-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Dept of Ag , not just purveyors of food stamps anymore .....

jbauer
05-15-2014, 01:03 PM

That's what I was thinking. Since 90% of the farm bill is food stamps maybe they're gearing up against those whom use food stamps rather than the 10% who farm.

Zippyjuan
05-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Perhaps for border food inspectors? Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3uIKzgcDxo

Ronin Truth
05-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I had no idea that Ag. Dept. jobs were so dangerous that that much firepower was required. What have they been using up until now?

GunnyFreedom
05-15-2014, 02:57 PM
I had no idea that Ag. Dept. jobs were so dangerous that that much firepower was required. What have they been using up until now?

BLM Agents?

FindLiberty
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
These gov-mental, un-Constitutional willful actions (machine guns for usda) are completely insane.

WTF are they thinking?

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 03:18 PM
These gov-mental, un-Constitutional willful actions (machine guns for usda) are completely insane.

WTF are they thinking?

Very easy...War on Us.

We are the enemy.

This is an occupied country.

Brian4Liberty
05-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Most of the meth labs are in national forest land. Then again, there shouldn't be 'national forest land' so....

And there shouldn't be gangs growing pot or cooking meth out there. Points back to the war on drugs as the root of much evil.

coastie
05-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Very easy...War on Us.

We are the enemy.

This is an occupied country.

And here "we" all sit, with information right at our fingertips and we do...nothing.

Boycotting the companies will do no good. They'll just stick to govt contracts. Hell, I fully expect state DMV's to start arming themselves soon.

An armed , violent response will only cement these agencies' "need" for such weapons.

Use the system a la Christopher A. Brown. Oh jeezus......

Talk about having a populous by the short and curlies, fuck me.

http://i62.tinypic.com/21axxt5.gif

HOLLYWOOD
05-15-2014, 04:53 PM
It's the USDA... getting ready to bust those evil Raw Milk farmers and distributors. OR maybe after the BLM steals cattle, the USDA can kill and stamp their dead carcasses?
General Information

Notice Type: Sources Sought

Posted Date: May 7, 2014

Response Date:May 09, 2014 3:00 pm Eastern

Archiving Policy: Automatic, on specified date

Archive Date: May 12, 2014

Original Set Aside:N/A

Set Aside:N/A

Classification Code: 10 -- Weapons

NAICS Code: 922 -- Justice, Public Order, and Safety Activities/922120 -- Police Protection

Contracting Office Address:
1400 Independence Ave., SW, Room 40-E J.L. Whitten Fed Bldg
Washington, District of Columbia 20250

Place of Performance: USDA, Office of Inspector General - Investigations
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, District of Columbia 20250
United States
Primary Point of Contact.:
Linda F. Josey,
Chief, Procurement Management Branch
linda.josey@oig.usda.gov
Phone: 2027208337

jkr
05-15-2014, 05:04 PM
NOT
INTENTIONALLY
MALEVOLENT

donnay
05-15-2014, 05:07 PM
It's for all those Raw Milk people who cross state lines (Amish Mafia) and those Farmer/Rancher Co-Ops who try to circumvent the unconstitutional laws.

Dr.3D
05-15-2014, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

Now the question is, why would there need to be a civilian security force that is as powerful as the military?

The only answer I can think of is that it would be because the military is precluded by the Constitution, from fighting against the civilians. A civilian army wouldn't be hindered by the constitution, but would be very unconstitutional.

Pericles
05-15-2014, 05:20 PM

I can only hope that whatever idiot wrote that weapon spec is the one I encounter.

Pericles
05-15-2014, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

Now the question is, why would there need to be a civilian security force that is as powerful as the military?

The only answer I can think of is that it would be because the military is precluded by the Constitution, from fighting against the civilians. A civilian army wouldn't be hindered by the constitution, but would be very unconstitutional.

Or, might be worried that the military will be on our side.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 05:21 PM
An armed , violent response will only cement these agencies' "need" for such weapons.[/IMG]

An armed response need not be violent.

And, out of all those bad choices you listed, it is the best of a bad lot.

Bundy Ranch, repeated 1000 times a day.

By the short hairs is right, and it hurts now that Theye are starting to really pull on them.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Regulation Without Representation!

coastie
05-15-2014, 05:32 PM
An armed response need not be violent.

And, out of all those bad choices you listed, it is the best of a bad lot.

Bundy Ranch, repeated 1000 times a day.

By the short hairs is right, and it hurts now that Theye are starting to really pull on them.

I know...but would it matter to them if shots were fired? They'd still use the excuse that the potential was there...

Good thing I shave the short and curlies off.

lol

GunnyFreedom
05-15-2014, 05:39 PM
ROFLing at EOTech sights now being advertised on this thread...

Dr.3D
05-15-2014, 05:48 PM
So is the government encouraging people to buy guns and ammo their way of improving the economy?

Red Green
05-16-2014, 09:27 AM

"This hour of government oppression brought to you by EOTech, makers of the "Mundane Marker" tactical scope. EOTech: we bring good things to the afterlife."

Lucille
05-16-2014, 10:47 AM
http://reason.com/blog/2014/05/16/why-the-hell-is-the-department-of-agricu#fold

Bolding mine, to emphasize OMG WHY ARE WE MILITARIZING THE LETTUCE INSPECTORS?

This story has mostly drawn attention from the journalistic right: Breitbart.com's Big Government, The Drudge Report, Washington Times, Examiner.com, Guns Save Lives, Personal Liberty Digest, American Thinker, and so on. Last week on The Independents, we had two different Republicans—Rep. Thomas Massie (Kentucky) and Rep. Chris Stewart (Utah)—come on to bemoan the militarization of federal agencies. They are right to do so. But it's equally true that the GOP is heavily responsible for the arming of the executive branch in the first place, and has in its hands the power to change the bad underlying legislation.
[...]
So how did an internal government watchdog turn into an external projection of U.S. power against its own citizens? Because of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, which amended the IG Act to grant inspectors "full law enforcement authority to carry firearms, make arrests and execute search warrants." The law was sponsored by then-House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-Texas), passed with a heavily Republican majority (207-10 in favor, versus 88-110 among Democrats), passed overwhelmingly in the Senate (90-9, with no Republicans voting against), and then signed into law by President George W. Bush. The blunt truth is that after 9/11, a vast majority of elected conservatives want to arm the bejeebus out of the feds, with little or no deliberation about long-term consequences.

If Republicans now belatedly loathe the creation of dozens of new police units within the federal government, here is what they can do about it: Draft a bill reversing the 2002 amendment to the IG Act, and then pass it.
[...]
According to Politico,

USDA responded to POLITICO by explaining that there are more than 100 agents employed by the law enforcement division of the department’s Office of the Inspector General who carry such weapons because they are involved in the investigation of criminal activities, including fraud, theft of government property, bribery, extortion, smuggling and assaults on employees. From fiscal 2012 through March 2014, OIG investigations pertaining to USDA operations have netted more than 2,000 indictments, 1,350 convictions and over $460 million in monetary results, the OIG told POLITICO in a subsequent email.

More:

USDA spokeswoman Courtney Rowe says the guns are needed by the more than 100 agents employed by the law-enforcement division of the department’s Office of the Inspector General. They’ve carried machine guns for 20 years, she notes. USDA OIG officers “are placed in very dangerous law enforcement situations,” another USDA official told POLITICO. “They make arrests, they serve subpoenas and they engage in undercover operations.”