PDA

View Full Version : Another "near a school" shooting....SSRI's?

tod evans
05-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Police arrest teenager for shooting that wounded 5 near Atlanta high school

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25506522/3-shot-near-therrell-high-school-in-sw-atlanta?hpt=ju_bn1

ATLANTA (CBS46) -
Atlanta police have arrested a teenager in a shooting that wounded five people near Therrell High School Tuesday.

Marcellus Brooks, 17, is charged with five counts of aggravated assault, according to Officer John Chafee, a spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department. Authorities say Brooks shot four students and one other person near the intersection of Panther Trail and Childress Drive.

Two of the victims were released from Grady Memorial Hospital late Tuesday night. Three others remain hospitalized in stable condition, according to authorities.

Witnesses described seeing a large group of 25 to 30 people gathering just off school property. A witness told CBS46's Mike Paluska that the teenager reached into his waistband and said he was going to mess this (expletive) up. He then started shooting, the witness said.

"For me, I saw tension. I knew something was going to happen," said the 11th grade Therrell High student who did not want to be identified, said. "I was expecting a giant fight. I wasn't expecting gunshots."

Four of the five shooting victims were students of the school, according to Kimberly Green, a spokeswoman for Atlanta Public Schools. Green also said that extra campus security would be added and that students would not be allowed to carry book bags or backpacks for the remainder of the school year.

People who live close to the shooting said they heard multiple shots. When they ran outside to see what happened, they saw wounded students in the street.

"Two were laying on the ground. A female and a male were put into an ambulance," Ricky Johnson said. "They were moving, but that's why I didn't think it was life-threatening. The paramedics were working on them."

Brooks was booked into the Fulton County jail early Wednesday morning.

This is not Brooks' first brush with the law. Records show that on April 3, Brooks was arrested by a MARTA police officer for a robbery that occurred on March 29. He was released on April 18 on a $8,000 surety bond.

pcosmar
05-14-2014, 07:05 AM
SSRI's?

Turf war would be my first guess.

Occam's Banana
05-14-2014, 07:17 AM
[Brooks] reached into his waistband and said he was going to mess this (expletive) up. He then started shooting [...] Green [said] that students would not be allowed to carry book bags or backpacks for the remainder of the school year.

Well ... if you're gonna shut barn doors after the horses are already gone, I guess it really doesn't matter whether or not the doors you shut are to the barn that the horses were actually in ...

mrsat_98
05-14-2014, 07:26 AM
SSRI's?

I bet they don't let it (crisis) go to waste.

tod evans
05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
SSRI's?

They're not mutually exclusive...:o

pcosmar
05-14-2014, 07:39 AM
They're not mutually exclusive...:o

True,,
Some crimes are easily explainable though. There is a motive,, a reason. (even if a stupid one)

The puzzling ones are when someone acts against their known nature for no apparent reason.

When a known criminal does something criminal it does not surprise me.. When a "nice" guy with no history of violence suddenly and for no apparent reason does so,, it peaks my curiosity.

cajuncocoa
05-14-2014, 08:32 AM
I bet they don't let it (crisis) go to waste.
Gun control hysteria in 3...2....