PDA

View Full Version : I want PAUL & Tancredo

Lord Xar
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I know this has been done many times before.

but I would love to see Tancredo as VP for Paul.

I LOVE TANCREDOS stance on illegal immigration, and I like most other things about Paul....

MGS
06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Interesting thought but i think RP will get people outside of the current political climate.. with good reason.

austin356
06-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I think he should use TT but not for VP. If elected Paul could do many things, (including the obvious, which is including him in the admin) but also bring him up in ranks among House Republicans. If a "fresh" President wants someone to "move up" in the party, then it is pretty much a done deal.

Lord Xar
06-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I dig that... but I feel that if goes with Tancredo it will be a very formidable coupling... and the thing is, I can't say I would have heard of anyone who is "outside" the normal poltiical climate, thus making me a little apprehensive.... its just a pipe dream.

LibertyEagle
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, Walter Williams is pretty well known among at least conservatives and Republicans.

yongrel
06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I would definitely prefer Walter Williams to Tancredo.

Man from La Mancha
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Please be sure on who Ron picks. Is Tancredo views 95% agreement with Ron's. If you get anybody that is in anyway is part of the present system it would just be another reason to assassinate the president to get their man into power. Has Tancredo flip flopped, does he support the constitution 100%. I don't think you need a name brand person just one that Ron thinks could do his job for him if he got sick or something. It will be Ron himself that will be the draw. What does a vice president do normally. Exception of Cheney being bush's puppet master.How many people even remember former vice presidents ==opinion==

BillyBeer
06-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Tancredo is going to run for Senate in 2010 against Salazar. He'll destroy Salazar, one of the biggest amnest cheerleaders, on immigration. Colorado is not California or Florida yet.

LibertyCzar
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I know this has been done many times before.

but I would love to see Tancredo as VP for Paul.

I LOVE TANCREDOS stance on illegal immigration, and I like most other things about Paul....

Interesting thought. But Tancredo would make a better friend in Congress. He'll help enact relevant legislation to achieve Ron Paul's objectives.

PatriotOne
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
If I had to pick one from that sorry bunch of GOP candidates, Tancredo would be it. He's one of the few up there that hasn't sold his soul to the proverbial devil.

Misesian
06-26-2007, 06:59 PM
I always though I'd prefer Lew Rockwell as Ron's VP, though I think Walter Williams would be a better choice.

Though imagine this, and I think Lew MAY take this position......Supreme Court Justice Rockwell!!!!! :D Oh one can only dream. This is the type of stuff that can happen with Ron Paul as President even though it'd be very difficult for the Senate to confirm a Lew Rockwell.

angrydragon
06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Lew doesn't wants to be in government much after being an congressional aide for Ron Paul years back.

austin356
06-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I always though I'd prefer Lew Rockwell as Ron's VP, though I think Walter Williams would be a better choice.

Though imagine this, and I think Lew MAY take this position......Supreme Court Justice Rockwell!!!!! :D Oh one can only dream. This is the type of stuff that can happen with Ron Paul as President even though it'd be very difficult for the Senate to confirm a Lew Rockwell.

That idea is even more radical than Lew himself! Actually much more so!

Lew is the best person I know of who lives in my state!

Is it possible to get elected to lead a government in order to destroy that government?
The only comparison I can think of was when John Cox (obscure 08 candidate) ran for an office in Illinois for the purpose of eliminating that office. Thats a real American action right there!

ButchHowdy
06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
1.) Tancredo ripped Ron at the debate after Rudy, remember the tattle tale comment about Israel?
2.) He's too short to be 'presidential'
3.) His last name ends in a vowel (!)

On Savage he described the Hill pretty well and the powertrips. I'm sure there's some position in an RP cabinet.

LibertyEagle
06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
I think Lew should be in his cabinet somewhere. He thinks alike and could help keep an eye out for daggers coming Ron's way.

lbrtylvr
06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't think I would be a good idea since Dr. Paul is viewed by some to be a racist and Tancredo is viewed by even more as a racist and he voted for the war in Iraq etc.

Man from La Mancha
06-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Interesting thought. But Tancredo would make a better friend in Congress. He'll help enact relevant legislation to achieve Ron Paul's objectives.

Good point

angelatc
06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Still, ROn Paul was the only Republican that voted against the gun control bill and the Emmett Till thing. He pretty much stands alone on everything.

BillyBeer
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Still, ROn Paul was the only Republican that voted against the gun control bill and the Emmett Till thing. He pretty much stands alone on everything.

What was the Emmet Till thing? Another waste of taxpayer money like the Congressional medals?