PDA

View Full Version : Senate Hopeful Ben Sasse Backs McConnell

Brian4Liberty
05-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Nebraska Senate Hopeful Ben Sasse Backs McConnell...

Ben Sasse ran for Nebraska’s GOP Senate nomination as the outsider – squabbling publicly and privately with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) and taking key support from the Senate Conservatives Fund, which aims to oust incumbent Republicans it deems insufficiently conservative.

Tuesday, with Nebraska voters headed to the polls, Mr. Sasse endorsed Mr. McConnell as minority leader.

“I’m for better conservative ideas and more winsome persuasion,” Mr. Sasse said on MSNBC when asked if he would support Mr. McConnell for leader should he win election to the Senate. “I’m a team player and looking forward to supporting whoever our leader is.”

Asked again if that meant he would back Mr. McConnell, Mr. Sasse was more succinct: “Absolutely,” he said.
More:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/05/13/nebraska-senate-hopeful-ben-sasse-backs-mcconnell/

RandallFan
05-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Paul Ryan is worse than McConnell. How does Sasse feel about Ryan-Murray?

Vanguard101
05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
The way he words his support for Mcconnell really makes me think he's on our side

thoughtomator
05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
The way he words his support for Mcconnell really makes me think he's on our side

Also, McConnell has to get some credit for bending over backwards to appease us for quite some time now.

Vanguard101
05-22-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't mind endorsements of terrible candidates. I just wish Mitch at least backed Greg man.