PDA

View Full Version : Texas Officer Dies After No-Knock Raid Shooting

Tod
05-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Another incident in Texas....hope this guy gets off too!

Texas Officer Dies After No-Knock Raid Shooting
“Authorities went to a four-plex apartment on the 1100-block of circle ‘m’ drive to serve a search warrant,” kxxv.com (http://www.kxxv.com/story/25473631/two-officers-wounded-in-killeen-morning-shooting) reports. “When [Detective] Dinwiddie and another officer tried to enter the apartment 50 year-old Marvin Louis Guy and a 49 year-old woman opened fire on authorities hitting Dinwiddie in the face and Officer Odis Denton in the leg. Guy is now in the Bell County Jail and faces three attempted capital murder charges.” The report fails to mention whether or not . . .
the shooting occurred during a no-knock raid. The Killeen Police Department’s press release [click here (http://www.kxxv.com/link/695406/kpd-release) to read] leaves little doubt that the officers were shot in a “dynamic entry” incident, with a fatal result.

On Friday May 9, 2014, just after 5:30am, members of the Killeen Police Department Tactical Response Unit and the Bell Organized Crime Unit were attempting to serve a narcotics search warrant. The TRU was beginning to breach the window when the 49 year old male inside, opened fire striking four officers. Two of the officer who were shot received minor wounds, because they were shot in an area where their safety equipment protected them. They were treated and released at Scott & White Memorial Hospital.
Officer Denton, a 9 year veteran of the department and an 8 year SWAT team member, was shot in the femur. He was transported to the Carl R Darnall Army Hospital and later transferred to Scott & White Memorial Hospital. After undergoing surgery Officer Denton is in the intensive care unit in good condition. Detective Dinwiddie received a life-threatening wound to the face and was immediately transferred to the Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center. On Sunday May 11, 2014, Detective Dinwiddie succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased at 1:30pm by Justice of the Peace David Barfield.
Exactly what went wrong during the raid, why the Killeen PD decided to no-knock Marvin Louis Guy in the first place, may never be known. But one can easily imagine that the SWAT team could have arrested/detained Mr. Guy and his female companion when they were outside of their home, and conducted the search at their leisure.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05/robert-farago/texas-officer-dies-after-no-knock-raid-shooting/#more-316851

tod evans
05-12-2014, 02:30 PM
No tears!

Brian4Liberty
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM
why the Killeen PD decided to no-knock Marvin Louis Guy in the first place, may never be known.

They made a bad decision, and people died because of it. Will there be any accountability?

belian78
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Absolutely none.

phill4paul
05-12-2014, 02:50 PM
No tears!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-bH6i-Jvo_fk/UzzEB7Fc-qI/AAAAAAAAtpU/Un-sqM_iTLE/w506-h750/FieldOfFucks5.jpg

squarepusher
05-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Another incident in Texas....hope this guy gets off too!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05/robert-farago/texas-officer-dies-after-no-knock-raid-shooting/#more-316851

The SWAT teams have the upper hand in these situations, with early morning surprised entries and vastly out gearing anyone they could possibly encounter. 99.9% of the time it goes in the favor of the SWAT teams, as far as being on the receiving or giving end of the injuries. These factors usually means the SWAT teams will give little regard for the lives or safety of the occupants, in these rare times when things do 'backfire' it really brings in to question their tactics to begin with. They could simply do a pull over in a police cruiser, arrest him when he leaves, search the apartment once they are in custody, etc.. Sadly the "war on drugs" money is too tempting for many of these departments so they risk the more dangerous option (usually on the receiving end).

belian78
05-12-2014, 02:55 PM
The SWAT teams have the upper hand in these situations, with early morning surprised entries and vastly out gearing anyone they could possibly encounter. 99.9% of the time it goes in the favor of the SWAT teams, as far as being on the receiving or giving end of the injuries. These factors usually means the SWAT teams will give little regard for the lives or safety of the occupants, in these rare times when things do 'backfire' it really brings in to question their tactics to begin with. They could simply do a pull over in a police cruiser, arrest him when he leaves, search the apartment once they are in custody, etc.. Sadly the "war on drugs" money is too tempting for many of these departments so they risk the more dangerous option (usually on the receiving end).
Hey, if they don't use the toys, they won't get anymore. As far as I'm concerned, whatever it takes to get the conversation going about these tax tick's methods.

bunklocoempire
05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Exactly what went wrong during the raid, why the Killeen PD decided to no-knock Marvin Louis Guy in the first place, may never be known.

Went wrong for the intruder? Well I'll tell ya...

attempting to serve a narcotics search warrant

There's your problem... unless of course the officers were trying to recover stolen narcotics...

In the line of dookie.

Tough beans after the fact. I wish the intruder (ALL intruders) would've gotten a clue.:(
The inside reality gets another one while flawed man w/man's law gets upset and scratches it's head.

brushfire
05-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Seems a lot is missing from the article, but one things for sure - that "Guy" really whoop'd some a$$.

Philhelm
05-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Booyah!

Spikender
05-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Detective Dinwiddie did this to himself.

green73
05-12-2014, 03:17 PM

Right on! wait. what?

brushfire
05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
The deceased is getting the flag flown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Z_G9uxNXE

aGameOfThrones
05-12-2014, 03:42 PM
INB4 home invader apologists

green73
05-12-2014, 03:46 PM
INB4 home invader apologists

We have those here?

brushfire
05-12-2014, 03:46 PM
We have those here?

At one point we did.

otherone
05-12-2014, 03:50 PM
This is why local LE NEEDS drones.

http://dronewarsuk.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/predator-firing-missile4.jpg

satchelmcqueen
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
cops should knock. even as a land surveyor and a pest control guy i know i ALWAYS knock before just tromping through the property.

jkr
05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
hey doc, it hurts when i do this...

tod evans
05-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Disarm the ignorant bastards and they'll quit breaking into folks homes.

VoluntaryAmerican
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Oh damn they flew in some flag. This poor SOB doesn't stand a chance against the conditioned jurors.

outspoken
05-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Loss of life over non-violent activity such as narcotics recovery is ridiculous.

JK/SEA
05-12-2014, 06:34 PM
hey doc, it hurts when i do this...

don't do that.

mrsat_98
05-12-2014, 06:41 PM
The 8th stage of genocide is pretty descriptive bear in mind they have all ready equated people with animals.

http://genocidewatch.org/genocide/tenstagesofgenocide.html

8. PERSECUTION: Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity. Death lists are drawn up. In state sponsored genocide, members of victim groups may be forced to wear identifying symbols. Their property is often expropriated. Sometimes they are even segregated into ghettoes, deported into concentration camps, or confined to a famine-struck region and starved. Genocidal massacres begin. They are acts of genocide because they intentionally destroy part of a group. At this stage, a Genocide Emergency must be declared. If the political will of the great powers, regional alliances, or the U.N. Security Council can be mobilized, armed international intervention should be prepared, or heavy assistance provided to the victim group to prepare for its self-defense. Humanitarian assistance should be organized by the U.N. and private relief groups for the inevitable tide of refugees to come.

limequat
05-12-2014, 06:53 PM
WTF is an "Honor Flag"?

VoluntaryAmerican
05-12-2014, 07:33 PM
WTF is an "Honor Flag"?

It means no justice for mundane.

jkob
05-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Cops should think long and hard about the jobs they're asked to do and the laws they enforce, is it worth sacrificing your life?

Origanalist
05-12-2014, 08:39 PM
"Honor flag". The only honor here goes to the guy who took that menace off the streets, and only for that.

tod evans
05-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Cops should think long and hard about the jobs they're asked to do and the laws they enforce, is it worth sacrificing your life?

Citizens should think long and hard about interacting with kops...

Given the plethora of laws on the books one might be better off behaving as the man in the OP instead of subjecting himself to the terrorists in blue.

Henry Rogue
05-12-2014, 09:13 PM
That blew some minds, I bet.

PRB
05-13-2014, 01:19 AM
At one point we did.

I'm not pro-home invasion, I just don't see what's the news here, there have always been home invaders, and there's always been bad police and bad government. What are people making a big deal about?

limequat
05-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Moral of the story? Aim for the face.

mrsat_98
05-13-2014, 06:33 AM
WTF is an "Honor Flag"?

It's sort of like the Consitution, one mans trash is another man's treasure.

Loss of life over non-violent activity such as narcotics recovery is ridiculous.

Where did the all important officer safety go, oh yeah it was breaking in the window instead of being thrown out of it.

jtap
05-13-2014, 06:49 AM
No tears!

http://i59.tinypic.com/ei88lj.jpg

TonySutton
05-13-2014, 06:56 AM
I am guessing from the wide range of injuries this man was wielding a shotgun with some larger shot. I prefer 4 buck myself.

brushfire
05-13-2014, 07:24 AM
I'm not pro-home invasion, I just don't see what's the news here, there have always been home invaders, and there's always been bad police and bad government. What are people making a big deal about?

I think its the first chapter of what could be an interesting story. The difference with the everyday bad guy home invasion is that normally the government employee gets the benefit of the doubt, even when there is no doubt. Its not every day that you get someone who is willing to defend their household, let alone get a shot off on the police, let alone still get 4+ shots off, and live to go to trial. Pretty remarkable if you ask me. ...and the home owner wasnt dressed up like a ninja turtle either.

I personally believe that no-knock's are unconstitutional. One of the reasons a warrant is to be served is so that the person suspected of a crime knows that they are a suspect. The state claims that no-knocks are safer, when clearly they are not. There's no need to risk the lives of the residence, or of the police for that matter. It wasn't too long ago when the police politely waited by the curbside. The dynamic entry methods may be more "fun" or convenient, but a knock on the door, or broadcast over the bullhorn, is how a warrant should be served. If the police have to wait it out, and pull some Noriega style standoff, so be it - liberty isnt supposed to be easy, especially not for the government.

I cant speak for everyone, but this is what draws me to this type of topic.

angelatc
05-13-2014, 08:06 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/258608721.html

Officers arrested a man and a woman after the shooting Friday.

Marvin Louis Guy, 49, of Killeen, remained in the Bell County Jail Monday in lieu of bonds totaling $3 million charged with three counts of attempted capital murder.

The 50-year-old woman has not been identified.

Interesting. I wonder if she is actually an informant? Or, as we used to call them, a narc?

None of the articles seem to mention if there were actually any drugs found on the premises.

jtap
05-13-2014, 08:42 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/258608721.html

Interesting. I wonder if she is actually an informant? Or, as we used to call them, a narc?

None of the articles seem to mention if there were actually any drugs found on the premises.

pfffft, details. /sarcasm

The informant theory is interesting. We are in such a sad state of terrible reporting.

limequat
05-13-2014, 08:50 AM
I think its the first chapter of what could be an interesting story. The difference with the everyday bad guy home invasion is that normally the government employee gets the benefit of the doubt, even when there is no doubt. Its not every day that you get someone who is willing to defend their household, let alone get a shot off on the police, let alone still get 4+ shots off, and live to go to trial. Pretty remarkable if you ask me. ...and the home owner wasnt dressed up like a ninja turtle either.

I personally believe that no-knock's are unconstitutional. One of the reasons a warrant is to be served is so that the person suspected of a crime knows that they are a suspect. The state claims that no-knocks are safer, when clearly they are not. There's no need to risk the lives of the residence, or of the police for that matter. It wasn't too long ago when the police politely waited by the curbside. The dynamic entry methods may be more "fun" or convenient, but a knock on the door, or broadcast over the bullhorn, is how a warrant should be served. If the police have to wait it out, and pull some Noriega style standoff, so be it - liberty isnt supposed to be easy, especially not for the government.

I cant speak for everyone, but this is what draws me to this type of topic.

I confess that I was wondering about this guys firepower as well.

SeanTX
05-13-2014, 09:01 AM
pfffft, details. /sarcasm

The informant theory is interesting. We are in such a sad state of terrible reporting.

I think part of the problem isn't so much the reporting, it's that the police refuse to release details. It can take days, weeks, or months for the full story to come out, while the police drag their feet, refusing to make public what should be public information. It like they are some sort of "secret police" , not accountable to anyone.

Here a couple of years back we had a police shooting that sounded justified on the surface, a female police officer shot a man who was holding a knife to his gf's neck -- or so the story goes. Sounds like she just did what she had to do to save the woman, no question about it, right ?

However, about 6 months later the family went to the media, saying that there was information about the shooting that the police were refusing to disclose . The media went to the police, and they still refused to disclose that information, and as far as I know the family never found out what it was.

You'd think in a "justified" shooting they would have nothing at all to hide. Though I guess part of this is the media's fault, I'm sure they just take "no" for an answer most of the time and don't dig any further. And not every family has money to burn hiring a lawyer , and the worthless mayor and city council certainly won't do anything to help them.

jtap
05-14-2014, 06:49 AM
I think part of the problem isn't so much the reporting, it's that the police refuse to release details. It can take days, weeks, or months for the full story to come out, while the police drag their feet, refusing to make public what should be public information. It like they are some sort of "secret police" , not accountable to anyone.

Here a couple of years back we had a police shooting that sounded justified on the surface, a female police officer shot a man who was holding a knife to his gf's neck -- or so the story goes. Sounds like she just did what she had to do to save the woman, no question about it, right ?

However, about 6 months later the family went to the media, saying that there was information about the shooting that the police were refusing to disclose . The media went to the police, and they still refused to disclose that information, and as far as I know the family never found out what it was.

You'd think in a "justified" shooting they would have nothing at all to hide. Though I guess part of this is the media's fault, I'm sure they just take "no" for an answer most of the time and don't dig any further. And not every family has money to burn hiring a lawyer , and the worthless mayor and city council certainly won't do anything to help them.

I agree with what you are saying, the cops try to not let out info that would make them look bad but I think the lazy journalism of today also lets them do this because people don't try to dig as hard. In most cases the media would have no problems releasing the "information about the shooting that the police were refusing to disclose", in your example. Since when do they even care how reliable their "sources" are? They just say, "Don't look at me. That's what the source said, I just print it". It looks to me like they are complicit in helping the cops with their coverup.

tod evans
05-14-2014, 06:51 AM
I agree with what you are saying, the cops try to not let out info that would make them look bad but I think the lazy journalism of today also lets them do this because people don't try to dig as hard. In most cases the media would have no problems releasing the "information about the shooting that the police were refusing to disclose", in your example. Since when do they even care how reliable their "sources" are? They just say, "Don't look at me. That's what the source said, I just print it". It looks to me like they are complicit in helping the cops with their coverup.

The propaganda arm of government....

TonySutton
05-14-2014, 07:23 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Grand Jury says. Maybe he will get a 'no bill' like the guy several months ago. Btw, the earlier incident was less than 2 hours from Killeen.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443412-Man-Who-Killed-Deputy-During-No-Knock-Raid-is-No-Billed-By-Grand-Jury&highlight=Henry+Magee

Captain Shays
05-14-2014, 11:31 AM
I have no sympathy for those cops. Not even a little bit.

fr33
05-14-2014, 08:45 PM
That's what you get for breaking into someone's house.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2014, 10:35 PM
No drugs found.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/05/16/no-drugs-found-in-raid-that-claimed-the-life-of-texas-police-officer/

The fact that the police didn’t find any drugs in the house suggests that Marvin Louis Guy didn’t know he was shooting at cops. Drug dealer or no, unless he had a death wish, it’s unlikely that a guy would knowingly fire at police officers when he had nothing in the house that was particularly incriminating. Unless we learn more, the simpler explanation is that he was awakened by armed men breaking into his home and did what he thought he needed to do to defend himself.

phill4paul
09-14-2014, 11:08 AM
UPDATE:

Killeen: Prosecutor Will Seek Death Penalty In Police Officer’s Death

Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against a man charged in the shooting death of a veteran Killeen police officer.

Marvin Louis Guy, 49, has been indicted for capital murder in the shooting death of police Detective Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie, 47, and is named in indictments charging three counts of attempted capital murder, as well.

During a hearing Thursday, Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said he’ll seek the death penalty.

The charges stem from a shooting, which occurred as officers served a so-called no-knock search warrant just after 5:30 a.m. May 9 at 1104 Circle M Dr. Apt. 3 in Killeen.

Dinwiddie later died in the intensive care unit of Baylor Scott & White Hospital.

Denton, who was shot in the femur, underwent surgery and was later released from Scott & White.

Two other officers were hit by gunfire, but were spared injury by their protective gear.

Dinwiddie, whose father was an Army officer, was born in Frankfurt, Germany, but his family later settled in Harker Heights, where he attended Harker Heights Elementary School, Manor Junior High School, and then graduated from Killeen High School in 1984.

He earned an associate degree in Electronics and Computer Technology from Central Texas College and joined the Killeen Police Department in 1996.

He was married to Holly Dinwiddie for 22 years and they had two children, 10-year-old Colin and 9-year-old Chloe.

He was an 18-year veteran of the Killeen Police Department and a 15-year veteran of the department’s SWAT Team.

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/headlines/Killeen--Prosecutor-Will-Seek-Death-Penalty-In-Police-Officers-Death-274000421.html

Notice that nowhere in this copsucking news account does it mention....

No drugs found.

invisible
09-14-2014, 11:17 AM
UPDATE:

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/headlines/Killeen--Prosecutor-Will-Seek-Death-Penalty-In-Police-Officers-Death-274000421.html

Notice that nowhere in this copsucking news account does it mention....

It also doesn't have any sort of sympathy-inducing biography of the guy who defended his home, either.

mad cow
09-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Texas Wants to Execute Man Who Killed Home Intruder Who Turned Out to Be SWAT Member

Attempting to serve a search warrant by entering a house through a window got Killeen, Texas, Police Detective Charles Dinwiddie shot in the face and killed last May. It was yet another SWAT raid organized for a purpose other than the reason they were invented. The police had a search warrant looking for narcotics at the home of Marvin Louis Guy, 49. They decided to serve this warrant at 5:30 in the morning and without knocking on his door. He opened fire on them, killing Dinwiddie and injuring three others.

Though they found a glass pipe, a grinder, and a pistol, they did not find any drugs....

...A search for Guy in the jail inmate locator for Bell County, Texas, shows that he is being charged only for the shootings. There are no drug-related charges listed. He is being held on a bond totaling $4.5 million.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/17/texas-wants-to-execute-man-who-killed-ho

I thought that anybody breaking in to somebody's home uninvited through a window at 5:30 AM would be fair game in America.
Apparently not. :( Shoot the wrong intruder might get you the Death Penalty.

Anti Federalist
03-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Please drop the Capital Murder and Attempted Murder charges against Marvin Louis Guy for the shooting death of Officer during a No-Knock Raid at his Home

https://www.change.org/p/bell-county-district-attorney-s-office-please-drop-the-capital-murder-and-attempted-murder-charges-against-marvin-louis-guy-for-the-shooting-death-of-officer-during-a-no-knock-raid-at-his-home?recruiter=13633984&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default

On May 9th, 2014, at just after 5:30 am, the police entered the home of Guy, by performing a no-knock raid. Officers began entering the premises by climbing through his window and Guy, who was in bed with his wife, fearing what any reasonable person would, that his house was being broken into, fired at, what he believed to be an intruder. Unfortunately, Officer Dinwiddie died from his injuries. But that doesn't change that Guy was acting in what he believed was self-defense. As a result of the search, some questionable paraphernalia was found, nothing that pointed to drug dealing or distribution, which was what the warrant was for. This information was given by an informant and nothing was found to validate the claims of drug dealing. A pipe was found during the search, and that suggest drug USE, not drug dealing. The lack of evidence found during the raid suggests that Guy had a reasonable belief that he was dealing with intruders and not the police.

Now, on December 19th, 2013, Henry Magee shot and killed Sgt. Sowders, acting on a no-knock warrant to his mobile home. Again, an informant advised of marijuana plants been seen and the police obtained the warrant. In the warrant application, it was stated that "an announced entry could rattle a guard dog or would give Magee time to destroy evidence, and would ultimately be “dangerous, futile, or would inhibit the effective investigation.” A few months later, in February, a Texas grand jury refused to indict him on the capital murder charges he could have been facing, believing that he reasonably believed him and his pregnant girlfriend were in danger and he defended his home. Now sufficient evidence WAS found in this raid, as he is still facing felony drug and weapon charges and was being held on $50,000 bond.

S.B No 378, Texas' version of the "castle doctrine, “permits the use of deadly force when an “actor” believes someone has “unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor’s occupied habitation...” appears to have been upheld here, yet unable to be applied to Guy's situation.

In the media, Magee is shown with a child in the picture chosen to be displayed, while Guy is shown in what appears to be a mug shot. It appears that the media would like to criminalize Guy, while making Magee to be the family man who was only protecting his home.

It is always a tragic, unfortunate event when anyone loses their lives, especially in the line of duty. But how can we essentially say that one person was defending themselves and another was committing murder, under such similar circumstances? Guy was defending his wife and home, just as Magee believed he was doing. And Magee actually had the things the warrant was searching for, while Guy did not. One could argue the Magee may have wanted to protect himself from going to jail. No drugs were found in Guy's house. Besides, if beyond a reasonable doubt is needed to convict, how can we be certain that Guy knew that the person(s) entering his home, at 5:30 in the morning, were peace officers, something required for the capital murder charge? Guy deserves to be treated fairly and the same as another man who acted in self-defense or what any other reasonable American would do.

Please sign this petition, calling for the District Attorney to drop the murder and attempted murder charges Guy is facing for the death of Dinwiddie and shooting of 3 other officers on that day.

William Tell
03-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Jonathan Stickland Seeks to Ban Dangerous No-Knock Raids March 14, 2015

(Austin, TX)- Today, State Rep. Jonathan Stickland (Bedford) filed HB 3909 that would ban the issuance of “no knock” warrants.

No knock raids are not only a danger to the officers themselves, but also to innocent by-standers, like the ones that have been injured in the past year. This bill aims to protect against mistakes that put both police officers’ and citizens’ lives at risk.

“Every person has the constitutional right to be served a warrant and notified before their door is kicked down,” Stickland explained. “These people have not been convicted of a crime and are likely to fight back if their door is broken down unannounced.”

When honest mistakes are made, such as breaking down a door at the wrong house, these no-knock warrants become dangerous. When the wrong house is entered, it places the police officers in unnecessary danger. This scenario has happened nationwide and caused the deaths of innocent people.

“This bill would safeguard against these types of mistakes. It’s time we make it safer for both those who enforce the law and the citizens they protect. There is no reason why police shouldn’t announce their presence and intent before forcefully entering a domicile.”

Jonathan Stickland represents District 92 in the Texas House. His district includes Hurst, Euless, Bedford, and portions of Fort Worth, Arlington, and Grand Prairie. More information regarding Representative Stickland can be found at http://jonathanstickland.com/.

http://jonathanstickland.com/2015/03/14/jonathan-stickland-seeks-to-ban-dangerous-no-knock-raids/

TheTexan
03-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Breaking into people's homes unannounced with guns blazing is a dangerous job,... but someone's gotta do it.

Stratovarious
03-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Jonathan Stickland Seeks to Ban Dangerous No-Knock Raids

March 14, 2015

(Austin, TX)- Today, State Rep. Jonathan Stickland (Bedford) filed HB 3909 that would ban the issuance of “no knock” warrants.

No knock raids are not only a danger to the officers themselves, but also to innocent by-standers, like the ones that have been injured in the past year. This bill aims to protect against mistakes that put both police officers’ and citizens’ lives at risk.

“Every person has the constitutional right to be served a warrant and notified before their door is kicked down,” Stickland explained. “These people have not been convicted of a crime and are likely to fight back if their door is broken down unannounced.”

When honest mistakes are made, such as breaking down a door at the wrong house, these no-knock warrants become dangerous. When the wrong house is entered, it places the police officers in unnecessary danger. This scenario has happened nationwide and caused the deaths of innocent people.

“This bill would safeguard against these types of mistakes. It’s time we make it safer for both those who enforce the law and the citizens they protect. There is no reason why police shouldn’t announce their presence and intent before forcefully entering a domicile.”

Jonathan Stickland represents District 92 in the Texas House. His district includes Hurst, Euless, Bedford, and portions of Fort Worth, Arlington, and Grand Prairie. More information regarding Representative Stickland can be found at http://jonathanstickland.com/.

http://jonathanstickland.com/2015/03/14/jonathan-stickland-seeks-to-ban-dangerous-no-knock-raids/

Signed.

I can't blame anyone for protecting their family when someone crashes through their windows , doors....Criminals impersonate cops
all day long in order gain your confidence, then your dead.
If I was in the home invasion business, the first thing I would announce is POLICE GET ON THE GROUND, WE HAVE A SEARCH WARRANT.

, ,

Stratovarious
03-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Jonathan Stickland Seeks to Ban Dangerous No-Knock Raids

March 14, 2015

Can we sign from out of state, I went to two of these Stickland sites, couldn't find a place to sign anything....

, ,

Kotin
03-21-2015, 02:48 PM
no knocks should have never been acceptable.

Stratovarious
03-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Legitimate reasons for Police to break into a home:

A murder or kidnap is in progress in the home.

Stratovarious
03-21-2015, 02:55 PM
no knocks should have never been acceptable.

Agreed, as well as tasers.

Look at any police training video , they wear safety goggles.....lol What does that tell us about OSHA, another criminal enterprise completely ignoring the constitution.

There is no accountablity for tasers, besides rediculous barbaric methods of persuasion.
I've never been tased, but I'll bet is does nothing but put the victim in a state of hysterical panic, shock , desperation, would probably make
anyone a hell of a lot more combative , then before were tased.
So they tase them to death , and claim they only gave him a low dose once or twice, there is no 'black box' because that would probably
show they tased until the batteries went dead, just long enough to kill the person that might have merely been confussed and stopped
for a broken talilight etc...

, ,

mrsat_98
03-21-2015, 03:08 PM
I have no sympathy for those cops. Not even a little bit.

That's what you get for breaking into someone's house.

Funny how this shit works.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.. It is it's natural manure.

Thomas Jefferson

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff109180.html#zdb1bUY9sv4oQZP7.99

heavenlyboy34
03-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Legitimate reasons for Police to break into a home:

A murder or kidnap is in progress in the home.
How would said cop know this is happening without busting down the door?

Danke
03-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Agreed, as well as tasers.

Look at any police training video , they wear safety goggles.....lol What does that tell us about OSHA, another criminal enterprise completely ignoring the constitution.

There is no accountablity for tasers, besides rediculous barbaric methods of persuasion.
I've never been tased, but I'll bet is does nothing but put the victim in a state of hysterical panic, shock , desperation, would probably make
anyone a hell of a lot more combative , then before were tased.
So they tase them to death , and claim they only gave him a low dose once or twice, there is no 'black box' because that would probably
show they tased until the batteries went dead, just long enough to kill the person that might have merely been confussed and stopped
for a broken talilight etc...

, ,

Taser are just a tool like a club or fist.

Improperly used/deployed leads to injury and/or death. But it can in some circumstances be better than going for a gun.

Danke
03-21-2015, 03:37 PM
How would said cop know this is happening without busting down the door?

I can think of a lot of ways, though some are not perfect.