PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska establishment GOP hits Tea Party candidates on immigration

RandallFan
05-10-2014, 07:12 PM
From Tom Osborne to Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz, big names have been backing gubernatorial candidates. But today, the most sought after endorsement in this race... Governor Heineman announced his endorsement of Jon Bruning today in Omaha.

The two have worked side by side for over a decade on issues ranging from prison reform, the Environmental Protection Agency, Obamacare, and immigration reform. Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert also backed Bruning today.
http://www.khastv.com/story/heineman-endorses-bruning-ricketts-and-slone-respond-20140508

Ricketts' announcement at the Capitol came in response to new Bruning ads that accuse him of dodging his property taxes, laying off workers and supporting amnesty for people in the country illegally.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/04/24/ricketts_bruning_spar_in_nebraska_governors_race_1 22401.html

Further complicating the situation is Sasse’s step-father, Larry Sheppard. This major shareholder of Don Peterson & Associates Real Estate and Dodge County Titles, was uncovered for renting to undocumented immigrants. The ordinance would immediately require Don Peterson & Assoc. to forbid all undocumented immigrants living in his residencies to renew their leases. This prospect would prove detrimental to Sheppard’s business and wallet.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1240512/unanswered-questions-remain-about-gop-senate-candidate-ben-sasse-oped/

juleswin
05-10-2014, 07:29 PM
We have a tea party in Nebraska? I really do not like John Brunning, I stopped caring for Pete Rickette once I found out that the PAC he founded is going after Amash, so that leaves me with Beau McCoy and Sid Dinsdale.

I hate to say this but I have not done by research on the candidates but by process of elimination, I plan on voting for McCoy tomorrow.

RandallFan
05-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Dinsdale and Mcleay are running against Osborn and Sasse for Senate.

Ricketts, Bruning and others are running for Governor.

juleswin
05-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Dinsdale and Mcleay are running against Osborn and Sasse for Senate.

Ricketts, Bruning and others are running for Governor.

Which ones do u consider to be tea party candidates? Not like it makes that much of a difference but I want to know out of curiosity

RandallFan
05-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Senate: Sasse (big talking candidate)
Governor: Pete Ricketts. (businessman, private sector experience)

They got endorsed by Cruz, Palin and others.

Even if you ignore the endorsements of prominent Tea Party people they still seem to be the sort Tea Party candidates. Often some of the Tea Party people will endorse whoever promises to be more conservative or the one who claims to be an outsider. Usually a businessman or someone with no record.

What's really bad is if they endorse some outsider who's never been a Republican, never put up yard signs, walked door to door, done phone calls or volunteered.

I dont think that's a problem in these races. I think Ricketts and Sasse have had a long involvement with the GOP.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Dirty foreigners!