PDA

View Full Version : Why I am opposed to subsidized student loans

Boshembechle
05-09-2014, 10:41 PM
There is no greater example of wealth transfers from the poor to the middle and rich classes than government-administered subsidies in higher education. If you look at who populates most universities in this nation, it is people from the top 15% of the income bracket.

kcchiefs6465
05-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Yes, the students being enticed to take on tens of thousands of dollars in debt, absent any education of the monetary system, garnishment, or taxation in general, should be welcomed. The plausibility of their degrees holding weight in piss should not be spoken of and the family instillation of hard work and effort should be shunned.

If you look at the jobs being created, (government jobs, subsidized industries, protected industries), it is the people at the bottom 15% who benefit.

Your subtle yet overt trolling is amazingly still tolerated. If I came to your Maoist forum and subtly implied freedom, individualism, and morality I'd be sooner booted in an hour's time, you can admit to yourself.

Instead of wasting your time, and mine as well (though to be clear, I do not write this response for you, but for others who may happen to read it), how about you travel to a socialized library and pick yourself up some material? A few have, "It is Dangerous to be Right When the Government is Wrong" by Andrew Napolitano.

Maybe "A Nation of Sheep" would be more suiting.

angelatc
05-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Wwait for it....I'm sure Bombie is using this as a segue into socialized education.

thoughtomator
05-10-2014, 08:14 AM
There is no greater example of wealth transfers from the poor to the middle and rich classes than government-administered subsidies in higher education. If you look at who populates most universities in this nation, it is people from the top 15% of the income bracket.

The most basic reason to oppose these loans is that they trap students in debt slavery. Most of those receiving these loans are not actually benefiting from the transaction; only a quarter or so of college graduates actually end up in jobs that require college degrees.

What subsidies always do is raise prices across the board, in proportion to the subsidy. You subsidize college by $100 per student, prices will rise by about $100 per student. The subsidy ends up going into the black hole of overcapacity.

Moreover, pushing more students into college just allows them to avoid questions about the complete failure of public education to produce even remotely capable and competent workers - with free and critical thinking so far away from where we are at it's not even on the educational-goals radar anymore. The level of educational achievement high school graduates should have is a great deal ahead of what college graduates actually have today. Today's college degree is worth less than a 1960 high school diploma.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-10-2014, 04:09 PM
More apt thread heading: Why I'm a narcissist and create self-important thread titles

acptulsa
05-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Your subtle yet overt trolling is amazingly still tolerated. If I came to your Maoist forum and subtly implied freedom, individualism, and morality I'd be sooner booted in an hour's time, you can admit to yourself.

Oh, come on, now. Be merciful. No one likes to be ripped to shreds in their own house.

The only reason we let people come in and try is because we haven't seen a prog who could debate logically half well enough to pull it off in seven years, and we don't anticipate any popping up now.

On this particular point, said lib is either willfully ignorant or knows perfectly well that the only reason socialized education devolved into guaranteed student loans is because the banksters wanted a piece of the action and they had enough money to brib--er, I mean make campaign contributions enough to get things changed in their favor. This, of course, is the fallacy they want to deny but everyone with a lick of sense knows is true--no matter what good thing you want government to do, someone will get bribed and it will all go to pot. But for all the crony capitalism now involved in the process, we still aren't forcing schools to figure out how to educate us affordably, as they were able to do as recently as forty years ago before the bleeding hearts decided everything needed to be ruined.

What can you do? My daddy taught me, 'If it ain't broke don't fix it,' and 'If you screw it up get it back to the condition it was in before.' I guess not everyone was so well raised, because never in all the history of man has 'progress' been so regressive as it is today. The more the libtards try to equalize everything, the richer the rich get and the poorer the poor get. And they're still trying to blame anyone and everyone but themselves.