PDA

View Full Version : Mahatma Gandhi and the Bosten Tea Party

european
12-01-2007, 03:32 AM
i followed the link Pointe posted in another blimp-thread and found this:

Influence internationally and in United States
The Boston Tea Party is known around the world and has been inspirational to other noted activists and reform leaders. For example, Erik H. Erikson records in his book "Gandhi's Truths" that when Mahatma Gandhi met with the British viceroy in 1930 after the Indian salt protest campaign, Gandhi took some duty-free salt from his shawl and said, with a smile, that the salt was "to remind us of the famous Boston Tea Party."
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

now this is GREAT!!!
After the bullying and taking out of context the november 5th idea by the MSM, we now can refer to Mahatma Gandhi to show this R3VOLution and its actions are peacefull means of protest and that we actually put LOVE in the R3VOLution!

ps. right after the information about Gandhi, there is also some information about comming dec 16th:
"American political activists have sometimes invoked the Tea Party as a symbol of rebellion against the establishment. For example, in the 2008 presidential race, a fundraising effort for candidate Ron Paul was named "Tea Party 07".[5]"

EDIT: oops... i now see i accidently posted this in the wrong part of the forum: the blimp part, can someone please move this to the right forum; the dec 15/16 part?