PDA

View Full Version : CA - Children as young as 5 could face criminal charges under proposed law

Anti Federalist
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Young children could face bullying charges in city

http://news.yahoo.com/young-children-could-face-bullying-charges-city-164036847.html;_ylt=AwrTWfyoBm1T9SEAWpXQtDMD

CARSON, Calif. (AP) — Children as young as kindergarten-age could face misdemeanor charges for bullying under a proposed law advancing in a Southern California city.

The Carson City Council gave preliminary approval this week to an ordinance aimed at persons, including other youths, who cause anyone from kindergarten to age 25 to feel terrorized, harassed or threatened with no legitimate purpose.

The Daily Breeze says a final vote is set for May 20.

First-time offenders could be ticketed for an infraction and fined $100. A second infraction would cost $200, and a third-time offense could bring a criminal misdemeanor charge.

The measure would also cover forms of cyberbullying.

Councilman Mike Gipson has said he hopes the measure will help make Carson a bully-free city.

Carson is a city of 93,000 people in Los Angeles County.

Anti Federalist
05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
to feel terrorized, harassed or threatened with no legitimate purpose

Wonder if that includes asshole cops that raid the wrong house with SWAT at oh-dark-thirty?

Oh no, of course not...silly me, that terrorism has a legitimate purpose.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Kinderprison. I'm totally jumping on this business opportunity.

moostraks
05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Wonder if that includes asshole cops that raid the wrong house with SWAT at oh-dark-thirty?

Oh no, of course not...silly me, that terrorism has a legitimate purpose.

It won't cover CPS either. Government workers are always given leeway in all interactions personal or professional.

jkr
05-09-2014, 11:42 AM
"ordinance aimed at persons, including other youths, who cause anyone from kindergarten to age 25 to feel terrorized, harassed or threatened with no legitimate purpose."

so
we will still have violence, but it will be legitimate?
and after 25 yer on yer own ( and u cant arm yourself, cause then u could polic-AHEM-
"bully". "bully", yeah thats the ticket!

work done = 0