PDA

View Full Version : GOP Woos Mike Pence for 2016

erowe1
05-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I've said before and still say that Pence has definitely potential to win the nomination.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-woos-pence-for-2016-and-indiana-governor-says-hes-listening/2014/05/08/967d0ece-d60d-11e3-aae8-c2d44bd79778_story.html

In an interview with The Washington Post, Pence acknowledged that he is weighing his 2016 options amid calls from some supporters to consider a presidential run.

Lucille
05-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Great. Another neo-Trot (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436585-Mike-Pence-On-The-Record).

The GOP is irredeemable. We desperately need a third (second) party.

AlexAmore
05-09-2014, 10:55 AM
He would dilute Ted Cruz and Huckabee's voting base. They're all practically identical. I think Rand is differentiating himself enough from those guys so he'll be in a different league, and he has another year to go.

Matt Collins
05-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Rumors I keep hearing is the Preibus was trying to set up an easy way for Mitch Daniels to win.

Keith and stuff
05-09-2014, 12:18 PM
I've said before and still say that Pence has definitely potential to win the nomination.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-woos-pence-for-2016-and-indiana-governor-says-hes-listening/2014/05/08/967d0ece-d60d-11e3-aae8-c2d44bd79778_story.html

Mike Pence isn't so horrible. Perhaps he's on the same level as Scott Walker. If we was the nominee, I'd likely vote for him, but not campaign for him. I'm only willing to do that for Paul.

puppetmaster
05-09-2014, 01:30 PM
They will try......anyone but rand

ctiger2
05-09-2014, 02:12 PM
As HOLLYWOOD has already pointed out. Pence is a hardcore ZIONIST nutjob:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?146119-ZIONIST-Congressman-Mike-Pence-%28R-IN%29-C-SPAN-INTERVIEW-H-C-R-362-WAR-on-IRAN

He should run for the President of Israel maybe...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTw-QNpI56Njo1B_8bU4o23RwQoFKNhZxQO3TOZdiRUZQjKvIH

MichaelDavis
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
As HOLLYWOOD has already pointed out. Pence is a hardcore ZIONIST nutjob:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?146119-ZIONIST-Congressman-Mike-Pence-%28R-IN%29-C-SPAN-INTERVIEW-H-C-R-362-WAR-on-IRAN

He should run for the President of Israel maybe...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTw-QNpI56Njo1B_8bU4o23RwQoFKNhZxQO3TOZdiRUZQjKvIH

More anti-semitism.

Mike Pence is a good governor and was a good Congressman. If he is the nominee, I will campaign for him. He obviously isn't as good as Rand Paul, but if Paul doesn't get the nod, I would prefer Pence over a Chris Christie/Jeb Bush establishment shill.

specsaregood
05-09-2014, 03:35 PM
More anti-semitism.

Mike Pence is a good governor and was a good Congressman. If he is the nominee, I will campaign for him. He obviously isn't as good as Rand Paul, but if Paul doesn't get the nod, I would prefer Pence over a Chris Christie/Jeb Bush establishment shill.

Funny I was just thinking how much I can't wait for Randal to get Pence to come out against foreign aid to Israel since Israel has govt funded abortions and Pence is on record publically objecting to funding planned parenthood specifically because of the fungibility of money.

compromise
05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Mike Pence is a strong conservative and was a good friend of Ron in the House.

One problem with Pence is that he will have the Kochs behind him if he runs. Rand has cultivated a good relationship with them as of late and would otherwise stand to get their support, which may well be necessary to take on the moderate candidate (Bush/Christie).

puppetmaster
05-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Funny I was just thinking how much I can't wait for Randal to get Pence to come out against foreign aid to Israel since Israel has govt funded abortions and Pence is on record publically objecting to funding planned parenthood specifically because of the fungibility of money.

yes this is something that never gets answered......
+1

HOLLYWOOD
05-09-2014, 04:54 PM
More anti-semitism.

Mike Pence is a good governor and was a good Congressman. If he is the nominee, I will campaign for him. He obviously isn't as good as Rand Paul, but if Paul doesn't get the nod, I would prefer Pence over a Chris Christie/Jeb Bush establishment shill.Take your bullshit strawman garbage and shove it... Israel is an Aparthied terrorist state that has intentionally killed Americans. It's no secret Pence has huge campaign donation from the AIPAC/RJC PACs and even refuses to acknowledge Israeli nuclear weapons, which the racist state refuse to sign a non-proliferation treaty.

MichaelDavis
05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Take your bullshit strawman garbage and shove it... Israel is an Aparthied terrorist state that has intentionally killed Americans. It's no secret Pence has huge campaign donation from the AIPAC/RJC PACs and even refuses to acknowledge Israeli nuclear weapons, which the racist state refuse to sign a non-proliferation treaty.

"Blah blah blah, I don't believe Jews should be able to live in their own country"- HOLLYWOOD

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/neo-nazis-saluting.jpg

John F Kennedy III
05-11-2014, 12:53 AM
"Blah blah blah, I don't believe Jews should be able to live in their own country"- HOLLYWOOD

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/neo-nazis-saluting.jpg

How about outlining how he is wrong (he's not) instead of trolling?

acptulsa
05-11-2014, 06:57 AM
More anti-semitism.

And if I said I had no problem with Japan or South Korea, but abhor communist China and North Korea, would you say I'm against communism? Or would you scream that I'm an anti-Asian racist?

Tell the truth, now.

Brett85
05-11-2014, 07:04 AM
How about outlining how he is wrong (he's not) instead of trolling?

There are a wide variety of people here with a wide variety of political views. You have more liberal libertarians, more conservative libertarians, and even some rank and file Republicans who support Rand and Ron mostly because of their small government views on economic issues. No one who posts here is a "troll" from what I can see.

Brett85
05-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Candidates like Mike Pence are going to become more and more appealing to grassroots conservatives if Rand keeps on moving to the left on issues like voter ID laws, abortion, etc. Rand is going to end up competing with Jeb and Chris Christie for the dwindling moderate Republican vote, which will get him absolutely nowhere.

specsaregood
05-11-2014, 07:18 AM
Candidates like Mike Pence are going to become more and more appealing to grassroots conservatives if Rand keeps on moving to the left on issues like voter ID laws, abortion, etc.

And keep concern trolling with these lies. As has been pointed out to you in many threads; Randal has not moved ANYWHERE, his positions are the same. His rhetoric might be a bit less controlling but he hasn't moved anywhere himself.

Brett85
05-11-2014, 07:20 AM
And keep concern trolling with these lies. As has been pointed out to you in many threads; Randal has not moved ANYWHERE, his positions are the same. His rhetoric might be a bit less controlling but he hasn't moved anywhere himself.

Just go look at all the comments on Free Republic, Hot Air, Daily Caller, his Facebook page, ect, if you want to see how badly he's alienating grassroots conservatives with his recent comments. You're in complete denial if you believe that this is a winning strategy for him. And you'll just defend him no matter what he says, no matter how bad his comments are.

specsaregood
05-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Just go look at all the comments on Free Republic, Hot Air, Daily Caller, his Facebook page, ect, if you want to see how badly he's alienating grassroots conservatives with his recent comments. You're in complete denial if you believe that this is a winning strategy for him. And you'll just defend him no matter what he says, no matter how bad his comments are.

And I see you completely dodged my comment: that you are lying when you say he has moved left. He hasn't moved anywhere.

Brett85
05-11-2014, 07:45 AM
And I see you completely dodged my comment: that you are lying when you say he has moved left. He hasn't moved anywhere.

No, you're the one lying. He supported voter ID laws in 2013. Now he's opposed to them because they somehow "offend black people." It's Mitt Romney all over again.

Brett85
05-11-2014, 07:46 AM
If Cruz would just come our way a little bit on foreign policy issues, he would be a lot better candidate than Rand. Rand is just willing to sell out completely and just say whatever he has to say to any particular group in order to get elected.

acptulsa
05-11-2014, 07:56 AM
If Cruz would just come our way a little bit on foreign policy issues, he would be a lot better candidate than Rand. Rand is just willing to sell out completely and just say whatever he has to say to any particular group in order to get elected.

So is Cruz. Hate to burst your bubble, but that's what makes a good candidate in this day and age. Cruz can't win the general. Rand Paul can't lose the general.

As for after the campaign, there's no doubt in my mind which of the two, Paul or Cruz, will make a better president. And that's far, far more important to me than which one sounds more 'pure' during the campaign.

specsaregood
05-11-2014, 08:01 AM
No, you're the one lying. He supported voter ID laws in 2013. Now he's opposed to them because they
somehow "offend black people." It's Mitt Romney all over again.

I must have missed it; please point me to a quote of Randal saying he does not support voter ID laws. TIA.

Brett85
05-11-2014, 08:02 AM
So is Cruz. Hate to burst your bubble, but that's what makes a good candidate in this day and age. Cruz can't win the general. Rand Paul can't lose the general.

And Rand can't win the primary with his current rhetoric. You have to be somewhere in between Cruz and where Rand is now. You have to unite both conservatives and moderates. Right now Rand is actually alienating both. Moderate Republicans support voter ID laws. That's not even an issue that conservative and moderate Republicans are divided on.

acptulsa
05-11-2014, 08:20 AM
And Rand can't win the primary with his current rhetoric. You have to be somewhere in between Cruz and where Rand is now. You have to unite both conservatives and moderates. Right now Rand is actually alienating both. Moderate Republicans support voter ID laws. That's not even an issue that conservative and moderate Republicans are divided on.

So, Rand Paul can't have a moral objection to that stuff? He can't be feeling that we're already putting too much emphasis on State RFIDs? He can't be feeling repugnance at the notion of people saying, 'Papers pliss' at the polls?

Why? Does this not fit your narrative that he'll say anything to get elected?

Brett85
05-11-2014, 11:56 AM
So, Rand Paul can't have a moral objection to that stuff? He can't be feeling that we're already putting too much emphasis on State RFIDs? He can't be feeling repugnance at the notion of people saying, 'Papers pliss' at the polls?

Why? Does this not fit your narrative that he'll say anything to get elected?

He can take that position if he's actually consistent on it. But just a year ago he clearly stated that he supports voter ID laws when he spoke to a black audience, and now he's done a 180 simply because of political opportunism, simply pandering to black voters who would never vote for him anyway. I would have respect for his position if he were consistently opposed to voter ID laws, even though I would disagree with that position.

Feelgood
05-11-2014, 12:24 PM
There is a reason I have "Traditional Conservative" on my ignore list. Must everyone quote his non-sense forcing me to see his litany of verbal diarrhea?

Brett85
05-11-2014, 12:32 PM
There is a reason I have "Traditional Conservative" on my ignore list. Must everyone quote his non-sense forcing me to see his litany of verbal diarrhea?

Weird. I don't even know you or have ever spoken to you.

MichaelDavis
05-11-2014, 03:05 PM
And if I said I had no problem with Japan or South Korea, but abhor communist China and North Korea, would you say I'm against communism? Or would you scream that I'm an anti-Asian racist?

Tell the truth, now.

If you said that that the Japanese or South Koreans should not be allowed to live in their historic native lands on the soil that they paid for and was rightfully given to them by the previous owners of that land, I would say you're anti-Asian.

Brian4Liberty
05-11-2014, 03:34 PM

You can PM profanity at me all day long. Ad hominen attacks do not convince anyone, either do your smears or Reductio ad Hitlerum posts.

Anti-Neocon
05-11-2014, 03:46 PM
More anti-semitism.

Where was the anti-Semitism? Take your Zionist propaganda tactics elsewhere, please.
https://secure2.convio.net/cufi/images/content/pagebuilder/44611.gif

MichaelDavis
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Where was the anti-Semitism? Take your Zionist propaganda tactics elsewhere, please.
https://secure2.convio.net/cufi/images/content/pagebuilder/44611.gif

I found a more suitable forum for you: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

acptulsa
05-11-2014, 04:18 PM
If you said that that the Japanese or South Koreans should not be allowed to live in their historic native lands on the soil that they paid for and was rightfully given to them by the previous owners of that land, I would say you're anti-Asian.

LOL You act like this isn't a religious thing. But if it isn't, then why aren't you minding the old adage that 'charity begins at home' and down here trying to drive my white ass out of Oklahoma?

Anti-Neocon
05-11-2014, 04:47 PM
I found a more suitable forum for you: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/
I asked you to show where the anti-Semitism was and the best you can do is "omg you're a Nazi!". Now where's the freaking anti-Semitism?

MichaelDavis
05-11-2014, 05:05 PM
I asked you to show where the anti-Semitism was and the best you can do is "omg you're a Nazi!". Now where's the freaking anti-Semitism?

Are you ignorant of what zionism is? "Zionism is the national movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the creation of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the Land of Israel." FYI, Ron Paul is a self-described zionist. There's a difference between non-interventionism in regard to Israel and anti-semitism. Ron Paul realizes this.

mosquitobite
05-11-2014, 05:22 PM
well as a resident of Indiana I was going to weigh in, but this thread has completely jumped the shark.

NewRightLibertarian
05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Are you ignorant of what zionism is? "Zionism is the national movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the creation of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the Land of Israel." FYI, Ron Paul is a self-described zionist. There's a difference between non-interventionism in regard to Israel and anti-semitism. Ron Paul realizes this.

Just because someone doesn't bow down and lick the boots of the terror state you hold so near and dear to your heart doesn't make them an anti-semite. It does, however, show that you are cut from the same cloth as AIPAC and the rest of the piece of shit endless war lobby because you're spewing their propaganda.

ctiger2
05-11-2014, 06:39 PM
More anti-semitism.

Pence is Jewish?

No, he's a hardcore Christian Zionist. Benjamin Nutteryahoo refers to people like Pence as "useful idiots".

Anti-Neocon
05-11-2014, 11:35 PM
[pedantic rant about what zionism is]
I asked you a question, which you keep deflecting.

WHERE'S. THE. ANTI. SEMITISM?

compromise
05-12-2014, 03:09 AM

Those people are not electorally relevant. Their candidates - Bachmann, Cain, Tancredo, Hunter...all failures. Try writing "deport all the dirty Mexicans & other foreigners from America now, I'm done with the La Raza-MS13 infiltration of our government" in those comments. You will probably get 100 upvotes. I highly doubt very many people in the real world take that position.

Who really are the right-wing alternatives to Rand Paul? Rubio, Jindal, Perry and Walker are all well to the left of him on immigration. Pence's immigration reform's is too. No one will care in 2016 when almost every single serious candidate except Santorum (who will tack to the center on fiscal issues) will support immigration reform.

Voter ID? Rand supports it. He just made a comment that we shouldn't focus on it so much and he's right. No one will care about one small remark he made a few years back in 2016 because he's been fairly clear on multiple occasions that he's for it. Most of the grassroots are fickle and have very short memories. Those few anti-Rand hate preachers that do care aren't in enough numbers to matter.

MichaelDavis
05-12-2014, 05:14 AM
LOL You act like this isn't a religious thing. But if it isn't, then why aren't you minding the old adage that 'charity begins at home' and down here trying to drive my white ass out of Oklahoma?

I don't even know what you're referring to. Saying Israel has no right to the land they currently (and rightfully) occupy is like saying the United States has no right to the land we took from the Native Americans. Unlike us, Israel paid for the land to the previous owners. If you don't want to be a hypocrite, you can move your own white ass out of Oklahoma.

otherone
05-12-2014, 05:44 AM
I don't even know what you're referring to. Saying Israel has no right to the land they currently (and rightfully) occupy is like saying the United States has no right to the land we took from the Native Americans.

Israel...that's a foreign country, right?

otherone
05-12-2014, 05:52 AM
The word "Israel" appears ZERO times in the Constitution

http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Founders111.jpg

ANTI-SEMITES

specsaregood
05-12-2014, 06:11 AM
I don't even know what you're referring to. Saying Israel has no right to the land they currently (and rightfully) occupy is like saying the United States has no right to the land we took from the Native Americans. Unlike us, Israel paid for the land to the previous owners. If you don't want to be a hypocrite, you can move your own white ass out of Oklahoma.

IMNSHO, nobody has any right to any land. The only right they have is the right to try to defend it and keep others from taking it.

Anti-Neocon
05-12-2014, 07:58 AM
For what it's worth, I'm not opposed to the existence of Israel itself, but rather the actions that the nation has committed, as well as the way that our allegiance to their quasi-nationalist regime steers our policies. Israel is also a convenient excuse used by MIC profiteers to get evangelical useful idiots into supporting wars.

Uriah
05-12-2014, 08:38 AM
I've heard some grassroots support for Pence here in Iowa. Also, many people seem to prefer candidates that have executive experience.

Brett85
05-12-2014, 08:38 AM
If people want to criticize Israel and call them a "terrorist nation" or whatever, that's fine, but just realize it has nothing at all to do with non interventionism. There are a lot of people who are non interventionists who have no problem with Israel on a personal level. We should try to stay out of entangling alliances, but constantly criticizing a particular country isn't part of non interventionism.

mosquitobite
05-12-2014, 09:19 AM
If people want to criticize Israel and call them a "terrorist nation" or whatever, that's fine, but just realize it has nothing at all to do with non interventionism. There are a lot of people who are non interventionists who have no problem with Israel on a personal level. We should try to stay out of entangling alliances, but constantly criticizing a particular country isn't part of non interventionism.

This is how I feel about it.

Contrary to the way some here present the evidence, there is a medium between antisemitism and zionism.

I believe Israel exists and has a right to defend itself. I have a problem with treating them like the 51st state of the USA, and supporting them with US tax dollars. We have no responsibility to protect Israel. In fact, as a Christian, I have yet to be swayed by any of the politically convenient verses thrown around as if the USA will collapse from God removing His hand from us if we don't.

That's not a small government position, but meh, that's what I've come to expect from people who want to use our corrupt government to do God's bidding instead of realizing He is in control.

Brian4Liberty
05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I've heard some grassroots support for Pence here in Iowa. Also, many people seem to prefer candidates that have executive experience.

And back on the subject of Mike Pence, he has been preparing for this run, and his stint as Governor was part of that plan. You will notice that some pundits have been pushing the mantra that we need executive experience in candidates (Governors)? Now they have many people repeating that mantra. Conditioning.

mosquitobite
05-12-2014, 12:56 PM
And back on the subject of Mike Pence, he has been preparing for this run, and his stint as Governor was part of that plan. You will notice that some pundits have been pushing the mantra that we need executive experience in candidates (Governors)? Now they have many people repeating that mantra. Conditioning.

Agree, but it has been common sentiment for a long time. Obama bucked the trend, but that was out of the ordinary. Back when I first got TICKED OFF at Republicans (2002/2003), Pence was on my short list of Republicans whose record actually matched their campaign rhetoric. That was also when I found Ron Paul.

Governor experience was why back in the mid 2000s I expected Sanford to be our first liberty President. Then the devil won him over. ;)

Here's my take on Pence: I'd give him a 2.5-3 star rating at this point (out of 5). Obviously there are MUCH worse.

But he's fallen into the crony capitalism fold that the establishment wants to maintain. He also will be much more interventionist than most of us would like. I would guess him to only be a slightly better President than Bush. I do think he'd have backbone and use the veto pen more often than Bush did.

He would not be my choice, but if we play the lesser of evils dance that the establishment always makes us play (thanks sold out media!) then there are far FAR worse choices.

MichaelDavis
05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
For what it's worth, I'm not opposed to the existence of Israel itself, but rather the actions that the nation has committed, as well as the way that our allegiance to their quasi-nationalist regime steers our policies. Israel is also a convenient excuse used by MIC profiteers to get evangelical useful idiots into supporting wars.

Then don't say you're anti-zionist. If you don't know what the term means, then don't use it.

Ding-da-da-ding-ding-ding. You are the winner of plus rep.

Anti-Neocon
05-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Then don't say you're anti-zionist. If you don't know what the term means, then don't use it.

You, sir, are such a scumbag. You still haven't identified where the "anti-Semitism" is in anyone's post, yet you somehow have the gall to attack me for using a word as it's commonly used in the 21st century. If anyone has demonstrated not understanding the meaning of a word, it's you through your use of "anti-Semitism".

enhanced_deficit
05-12-2014, 05:25 PM
There is far more anti-semitism towards Palestinians than Israelis in th US.. even in the post 9/11 US.

HOLLYWOOD
05-12-2014, 11:02 PM
If people want to criticize Israel and call them a "terrorist nation" or whatever, that's fine, but just realize it has nothing at all to do with non interventionism. There are a lot of people who are non interventionists who have no problem with Israel on a personal level. We should try to stay out of entangling alliances, but constantly criticizing a particular country isn't part of non interventionism.The Hell if it doesn't... Israeli stranglehold on Washington DC and the financed foreign policy through political bribery, blackmail, or opposition to sitting politicians. These politicians coerced through those 3 Israeli methods AND to align the country's foreign polices running brutal regimes, assassinating foreign governments/politicians, overthrow nations, install oppressive dictators and of course $100s of Billions to Israel in USAID/subsidies/corp. welfare/etc. Even the CIA & FBI confirmed to the cause of 9/11 horror at the Commission hearings, all the Washington DC policy stink tanks that are mostly run by Israeli agents; Woodrow Wilson Institute, AEI, CFR, CSIS, FPI, PNAC, JINSA, Rand, Aspen Institute, etc foreign policy institutes/foundations/centers/Stink tanks. It's no secret Mike Pence has and is being groomed, just like so many before him... And guess who pays for it all in so many different ways?

Non intervention? Those Saudi Terrorists didn't run those planes into the; Kremlin, Tienanmen Square, or the Taj Mahal... they hit only 2 locations NYC/Manhattan and Washington DC. That should be the first clue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bm2GPoFfg

ctiger2
05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Zionism is the national movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the creation of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the Land of Israel.

So it's for Jews only, sounds a tad racist to me.

MichaelDavis
05-12-2014, 11:49 PM
You, sir, are such a scumbag. You still haven't identified where the "anti-Semitism" is in anyone's post, yet you somehow have the gall to attack me for using a word as it's commonly used in the 21st century. If anyone has demonstrated not understanding the meaning of a word, it's you through your use of "anti-Semitism".

If you believed that Jews should not be allowed to live in their historic native lands on the soil that they paid for and was rightfully given to them by the previous owners of that land, I would say you're anti-semitic. You, however, said that you do not believe this, which means you do not understand what zionism is.

Anti-Neocon
05-13-2014, 12:29 AM
If you believed that Jews should not be allowed to live in their historic native lands on the soil that they paid for and was rightfully given to them by the previous owners of that land, I would say you're anti-semitic. You, however, said that you do not believe this, which means you do not understand what zionism is.
By your definition, I am anti-Semitic, even though I hold absolutely nothing against Jews.

Your definition is wrong, and slanderous, because it paints those who oppose Zionism as racist haters.

I don't believe that anyone is entitled to historic lands on the basis of their ethnic group. I also think it is the moral duty for Israel to compensate the refugees that were created through the ethnic cleansing of Zionism, but realize the best chance of achieving peace is some sort of two-state solution. At this point, what has happened has happened, and those involved need to look forward and reach a peace agreement. This is none of OUR business, do you agree?

ProudAmericanFirst
08-04-2014, 06:39 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436585-Mike-Pence-On-The-Record