PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul endorses David Dewhurst for Lt. Governor

compromise
05-09-2014, 08:33 AM
http://kxan.com/2014/05/08/dewhurst-picks-up-endorsement-from-ron-paul-jerry-patterson/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — David Dewhurst picked up a pair of big endorsements ahead of the May 27 runoff election for the Republican nomination for Lieutenant Governor.

The endorsements came from former Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul and also Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.

Patterson held an event Thursday specifically listing the top 10 reasons why he won’t endorse Dan Patrick. One alleged Patrick was a “draft dodger” during the Vietnam War.

Patrick demanded an apology saying he reported for duty in 1972 but was given a “medical deferment” for childhood injuries.

In a statement Patrick said: “The fact that they would attempt to smear me, and question my patriotism, is reprehensible. These men have no honor; they know no shame.”

RonPaulFanInGA
05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Is this the same Dan Patrick that used to run a blog (and have a radio show?) bashing Paul with all sorts of neoconservative smears, and also pushed Peden in 2008?

I can see why Paul endorsed Dewhurst in such a case, even if Dewhurst himself is sub-optimal.

compromise
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Is this the same Dan Patrick that used to run a blog (and have a radio show?) bashing Paul with all sorts of neoconservative smears, and also pushed Peden in 2008?

I can see why Paul endorsed Dewhurst in such a case, even if Dewhurst himself is sub-optimal.

Yup, the same clown. Patrick is primarying Dewhurst from the left. Although establishment, Dewhurst is a lot more cordial with Ron than Patrick.

This is equivalent to when Rand endorsed Enzi over Cheney.