PDA

View Full Version : Movie Theatre Advertising

BlueGecko
12-01-2007, 02:29 AM
Has anyone thought of this in key states? Meetup groups could fund their local show. Cost effective, brings up a reason to talk about RP when you go with friends to movies and waiting for it to start. They do slides and video. Slides like the USA Today ad? Short films such as CNN video/ you tubes. Holiday movie season is coming up? You can work with local cinema for most cost effective instead of using big agency. We could have stock slides/ film on RP forums and meetup groups could fund. RP is polling lower with women and during the holidays many family's, couples, women go to theaters. In Midwestern states shows are popular especially during winter because of weather. Anyone like this idea?

Some Info off Web
For small advertisers, cinema advertising is extremely affordable. The general rate is roughly $30 per screen per week for a :15 commercial which will run once during the pre-feature program. The rate for government and non-profit organizations is $18.00 per screen per week. Cinema spots, or rolling stock as they are known in cinema advertising, are available for purchase in unit lengths of :15, :30, :45, :60, :90, or :120, and most theaters require a four week minimum schedule of advertising. Slides are cheaper

Big Theater Chains
Regal Entertainment with 6,273 screens
Including United Artists Theaters

AMC Entertainment with 3,500 screens

Loews Cineplex Entertainment with 15,000 screens
Including: Carmike Cinemas
AND Cinemark USA

P.S. I like the infomercial idea, is that going anywhere ?

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Asking the meetup groups sounds like a great idea.

BlueGecko
12-01-2007, 02:38 AM
oops probably should have posted in advertising

Admin if you want to move it fine by me

OH and imagine if you saw RP advertising before movies like 300, V for Vendetta, Patriot, Gladiator, Ect.

Henry
12-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Based on my research, they won't allow political ads.

BlueGecko
12-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Which chains ? I know in CA the local (not chain) one will run political ads, have seen mayor, city council ect. But it's worth a call i think and if they won't maybe the arsty theaters RP the only candidate in either party who is antiwar.