PDA

View Full Version : Man Killed Neighbor Over Deer Dispute

squarepusher
05-08-2014, 06:36 AM
I am curious where people stand on this situation here

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/charges-man-killed-neighbor-deer-dispute-23631448

A suburban Minneapolis man who had a long-running dispute with two neighbors over feeding deer opened fire on the couple and killed one of them, hours after his son was arrested on suspicion of threatening to burn down their house, according to criminal charges filed Wednesday.
Neal Curtis Zumberge, 57, of New Brighton was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder. Prosecutors say he killed his neighbor and wounded the man's girlfriend Monday after the girlfriend called police on Zumberge's adult son — who days earlier had allegedly accused the couple of giving Zumberge Lyme disease by feeding deer in their yard.
The criminal complaint says Zumberge shot the neighbors with a 12-gauge shotgun.

PaulConventionWV
05-08-2014, 06:41 AM
It was murder, plain and simple. What reasonable person accuses someone of giving them Lyme disease for feeding deer? As much as calling cops on someone is the wrong thing to do, it's not criminal to do so, and shooting someone over that is just aggravated murder.

tod evans
05-08-2014, 06:53 AM

The guy's an idiot and a bad shot!

ClydeCoulter
05-08-2014, 07:01 AM
See, Biden was right, you just need shotgun, a shotgun. But, you're only supposed to fire 2 rounds into the air with it and that should solve the problem. /sarc

On the serious side...it's a shame that people can't talk and work things out.

oyarde
05-08-2014, 09:19 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/charges-man-killed-neighbor-deer-dispute-23631448

A suburban Minneapolis man who had a long-running dispute with two neighbors over feeding deer opened fire on the couple and killed one of them, hours after his son was arrested on suspicion of threatening to burn down their house, according to criminal charges filed Wednesday.
Neal Curtis Zumberge, 57, of New Brighton was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder. Prosecutors say he killed his neighbor and wounded the man's girlfriend Monday after the girlfriend called police on Zumberge's adult son — who days earlier had allegedly accused the couple of giving Zumberge Lyme disease by feeding deer in their yard.
The criminal complaint says Zumberge shot the neighbors with a 12-gauge shotgun.
Where would I stand ? If I had neighbors , I would keep an eye peeled for them . I have no interest in being shot or Lyme disease.I would just eat the deer being baited .

PRB
05-08-2014, 11:23 AM
they should fight over more important stuff, like beer

Suzanimal
05-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Where would I stand ? If I had neighbors , I would keep an eye peeled for them . I have no interest in being shot or Lyme disease.I would just eat the deer being baited .

I like the way you think.:) Shoot the deer, problem solved.

pcosmar
05-08-2014, 11:32 AM

Murder. Charge him and give him a trial..

Let him try to convince 12 people that it was in any way justified.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I recall some people in certain vaccination threads saying that something like this would be justifiable.

The neighbors actions caused a chain of events that made somebody sick, right?

Anti Federalist
05-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Neal Curtis Zumberge, 57, of New Brighton was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder. Prosecutors say he killed his neighbor and wounded the man's girlfriend Monday after the girlfriend called police on Zumberge's adult son

Do not call cops.

mrsat_98
05-11-2014, 03:11 AM
It was murder, plain and simple. What reasonable person accuses someone of giving them Lyme disease for feeding deer? As much as calling cops on someone is the wrong thing to do, it's not criminal to do so, and shooting someone over that is just aggravated murder.

I used to feed deer very near my back yard till it became the most tick and flea infested area I have ever seen. I quit feeding the deer and the issue resolved itself.

tod evans
05-11-2014, 03:43 AM
If ticks-n-deer were cause for murder the world would be short a large batch of hillbillies!

Me, I'd rather deal with the ticks-n-deer than neighbors...

chudrockz
05-11-2014, 05:02 AM
Do not call cops.

If somebody threatened to burn my house down and I believed them, calling the cops is the last thing on God's earth I would do.

squarepusher
05-11-2014, 05:31 AM
If somebody threatened to burn my house down and I believed them, calling the cops is the last thing on God's earth I would do.

how would you handle it?

chudrockz
05-11-2014, 05:50 AM
how would you handle it?

If I honestly felt my/ my wife's life in danger from the threat? I'd probably take some time off work but attempt to make it seem as if I had gone in, see if the threat becomes reality, and then stop the threat.