PDA

View Full Version : my theory on why tea party has fewer pledges

cien750hp
12-01-2007, 01:33 AM
i think people are trying to make the tea party have a bigger impact.
By not signing up, it makes people think less is going to be donated, and then when the day actually comes we surpass it by even more and look even more powerful.
thats just my thoughts though.

Richandler
12-01-2007, 01:35 AM
I think most people just actions speak louder than pledges.

curtisag
12-01-2007, 01:46 AM
A lot of it has to do with people not wanting to give their email out because of potential spam. Some people on this forum are not signed up for exactly that reason alone. Also, a lot of non-hardcore supporters hear about a big event, but don't actually sign up. We had over twice as many donations on Nov. 5th as we had pledges. You can basically double the number of subscribers, multiply that by $100, and that will a very good approximation of your total.

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Lets not forget that 4 or 5 major investing newsletters suggested to donate to Ron the only candidate that has any economic sense. And people with money tend to be secretive.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Certainly if the page views don't go up that's a bad sign. We still have two weeks to really hype this thing though. We shall break our first record, and all previous records too!

jrich4rpaul
12-01-2007, 02:15 AM
People need to stop worrying about the numbers slowing down on the site. It's in 16 days. No matter what, it will be bigger than the 5th.

BlueGecko
12-01-2007, 02:35 AM
After yesterday being put together in such a short time and resistence we still did great. No worries about dollar number, start spreading the message offline.

Join your local meetup, give out slim jims,

A thing I found was it's easier to convince people you know that listen to you family/ friends/ relationships. If you can convince them no only will you have more in common and less fighting about politics, then they tell their coworkers and their families and pretty soon you're local meetup/ rally looks like a family reunion. :D