PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck invites RP to appear

TexicanLady
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNEgkAshNnI

Glen posted a video on youtube inviting Ron Paul to appear for a full hour on his TV show and a full hour on his radio show.

I can't help but wonder if Glen will try to make him look good or bad or if he'll stay neutral and do an honest interview. What do you think?

Mods, move this if you think it should be somewhere else. I connected to the youtube heading before I thought about this being a debate subject. :confused:

jlink7
12-01-2007, 01:59 AM
This has been discussed to death already...

JosephTheLibertarian
12-01-2007, 02:07 AM
cmon Ron Paul. What engagement could possibly be more important than this?

freedom-maniac
12-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, Glenn seems to not like the government, or the U.N., but I think he supports the war. Not sure.

Did you hear him say, "I think his opinion is probably the closest to a Founding Father out there." ?

Highstreet
12-02-2007, 11:00 AM
bump

Peace&Freedom
12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
It's a trap, but it's also good exposure. So long as Paul understands both elements and prepares, he should walk right into it.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
is this ever going to happen?

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
//

fortilite
12-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Glen Beck's biggest agenda is to get viewers. He knows we are dedicated and will all tune in. It's not a trap, it's not a trick. He'll have Ron Paul on, compliment him some and insult him some so he doesn't turn off any viewers, and let Ron Paul say the 'controversial' stuff. Of course Ron Paul should go on the show, otherwise he won't get to state his side of the issues to the regular Beck viewers.

honkywill
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
This will be good exposure.

Ron Paul is coated with teflon, and any attempt to sink him has done the opposite.

plp
12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
As most media coverage of Dr. Paul has been dismissive at best, and insulting to both his followers and his agenda at worst, I see this as an excellent opportunity to get his message out.

Beck will ask the tough questions, but will do it for informative purposes, rather than just soundbyte fodder.

Rhys
12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Dr. Paul can handle Beck. He has a way with people.

Also, Beck I don't think understands his job. He's like an amateur media guy. I don't think he thought out his terrorist accusations. He's just an average guy with an above average visibility. I also think he's not too bad a guy... like Cliff Claven.

mpython77
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I seem to think this is an excellent idea. Even if Beck attempted to make a fool out of Ron by asking tough questions it still wouldn't work. Ron Paul has been formulating his plan to reshape the country for years now. He has a clear and concise plan on how to attack our nations problems. If you look at the amount of time Wolf Blitzer gave him today on CNN (10min or so) it was the perfect amount of time to answer all the questions Ron had to answer. Give him an hour and he would explain everything perfectly. Ron just doesn't do well with two 30sec slots in a two hour debate. Can't really explain things as clearly as he would like.

He should go for it. Even if it were to turn out bad. Bad publicity is still publicity with his name in peoples ear.

fortilite
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Anyone hear anything about whether this will happen or not?

GunnyFreedom
12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
bump

tabish
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
SO when was this like 4 days ago. Has somebody found out from the Ron Paul campaign if he has accepted the invitation. I personally think he should.

xao
12-03-2007, 10:22 PM
My question about this,

Do you go on a show with a fat guy who has a double chin that has no class and constantly bashes you, shows you no respect, nor any respect to your massive american fanbase of hard working american women and men, yet has never even met you?

Fat stinking, classless and corrupt Beckstein will just bash Ron even after he leaves.

I say Ron should bide his time with this and make glen beckstein beg and do some positive shows about Ron before Ron excepts. Once Ron hits the big money, glen will come groveling. Then we'll see if he is even needed.

We don't need the fake/lieing mainstream media when we have the NEW alternative media revolution online, that is shaping America. It is the new place where Americans can finally voice there opinions and find the truth.

Let the big media die a painful death. Let glen beckstein grovel to his master and ruler...... Ron Paul and his Massive fanbase of American Patriots.

Paul4Prez
12-03-2007, 10:37 PM
My question about this,

Do you go on a show with a fat guy who has a double chin that has no class and constantly bashes you, shows you no respect, nor any respect to your massive american fanbase of hard working american women and men, yet has never even met you?

Fat stinking, classless and corrupt Beckstein will just bash Ron even after he leaves.

I say go on the show, and let Glenn Beck do all the bashing he wants afterward. None of it will stick after people hear Ron Paul for themselves.

For all his faults, Beck somehow has a large audience. I'm sure a reasonable percentage of them would be won over by Ron Paul, and we need all the votes we can get.

mmink15
12-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Take any free press offered that's what I suggest

Malum Prohibitum
12-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I hope Dr. Paul refuses the interview until Beck issues an apology and kisses his ring.

The Mike Church interview, or the Beck interview of Pat Buchanan are good examples of how you disagree with a guest respectfully. Beck talks about Dr. Paul like he is some sort of sideshow clown.

Beck isnt even consistent on the issues, hes condescending and a general ass. I want to punch him in the neck even when he isnt insulting Dr. Paul.

fortilite
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I want to punch him in the neck even when he isnt insulting Dr. Paul.

Good point sir, good point. :D

xao
12-04-2007, 01:14 AM
I say go on the show, and let Glenn Beck do all the bashing he wants afterward. None of it will stick after people hear Ron Paul for themselves.

For all his faults, Beck somehow has a large audience. I'm sure a reasonable percentage of them would be won over by Ron Paul, and we need all the votes we can get.

When you're only one of the few tv networks on cable tv in the united states, of course you will have a decent following.

directv offers, fox, cnn, msnbc, and that cnn affiliate. OF COURSE Glen is going to get a few million to watch him. Multi-Millions of americans have cable and they have only a few choices so logically some will watch the Glen Beck show.

Btw I'd bet my house that Andrew Dice Clay would get high ratings if he did the News in beckstein's time slot. ;)