PDA

View Full Version : I think it was a POSITIVE set-up

LBennett76
12-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I cannot get mad at CNN for this. This was a GREAT plant! It was this question at this debate that got Ron to proclaim the rEVOLution. It was this question at this debate that gave him the opportunity to say what was going with the grassroots and campaign. It was this question at this debate where we got to see true joy and excitement in Ron Paul's face about the prospects and hope for this country. The audience was silent while he spoke. People listened and got to hear the rally version of Ron Paul. They got to experience the passion and excitement we do.
I think CNN generally likes Ron Paul. And I think there are many that wish he was running independent because they can't see themselves ever voting Republican (again). I think it was a FABULOUS question.
Ron Paul got excited. We got excited. And I'm sure some undecided people sitting at home got excited too.
This was a blessing, folks. A blessing.

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Actually, if I had the power to change the way the debate went, I wouldn't do anything a drastic. It was overall great for the campaign IMO.

The media have never done Ron Paul a favor and I don't see them starting any time soon.

idiom
12-01-2007, 04:00 AM
That was such a great answer. How could someone planting that not think through the potential blowback. :)

Just wish he had mentioned the Tea Party, "Ask me again on the 16th :)"

Jaykzo
12-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I personally think this debate went fantastic. I think Ron could have spoken a little bit more confidently near the beginning, but I think that the amount of attention that this debate has drawn can only mean good things.

It was the most watched Republican debate from a post I saw here recently. Even if the whole debate wasn't centered around Paul, it gave many people a good inside look at what the GOP has running for president. I'm sure many of those viewers were disappointed with what they saw.

With the Republicans getting more attention, that means that inevitably, Ron Paul will get more attention by being the only who stands out. After the debate, I heard it at least 4 or 5 times, someone saying "Well, nearly all the candidates, with the exception of Ron Paul, supporter __________"

They didn't do that 2 or 3 months ago.

The McCain thing also was great. The majority of this country wants out of Iraq, and seeing Ron up there standing up to McCain with his all-powerful grin and headshake would surely convince any Republican with war doubts to reconsider his campaign.

So I say the debate was a plus. I really felt he won it at the end, too, when he mentioned his fundrasing right after his video.

Chester Copperpot
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Yep, agreed.. The harder the question they throw at Ron Paul the more he shines... Im sure theyre trying to put negative setups and theyre probably scratching their heads after they hear all the Ron Paul applause like "How the hell did Ron Paul do that??"

Its great when the GOP base at the debate gets to hear about 5,000 people at the philly rally.. or the 4 million dollar moneybomb.. Dont be surprised if alot of those people went home and googled ron paul...

Paul4Prez
12-01-2007, 12:25 PM
The debate was great -- even the conspiracy theory question. His answer showed that he's on the right side of the sovereignty/globalism debate, and that he's intelligent and thoughtful, not a kook. The talking heads on CNN are way out of touch with the electorate -- Mitt Romney said that the North American Union was the second most asked about question when he was campaigning in Iowa this summer, behind immigration. Ron Paul won a lot of new supporters with his answer.

The 30-second video was amazing. The audience (live and on national TV) got to see what a Ron Paul rally really looks like. No one can tell them he's a long shot, or a fringe candidate anymore, without them recalling his words, the rally audience reaction, and the video of thousands of everyday Americans supporting him. People believe what they see, not what someone tells them.

Chester Copperpot
12-01-2007, 12:30 PM
The debate was great -- even the conspiracy theory question. His answer showed that he's on the right side of the sovereignty/globalism debate, and that he's intelligent and thoughtful, not a kook. The talking heads on CNN are way out of touch with the electorate -- Mitt Romney said that the North American Union was the second most asked about question when he was campaigning in Iowa this summer, behind immigration. Ron Paul won a lot of new supporters with his answer.

The 30-second video was amazing. The audience (live and on national TV) got to see what a Ron Paul rally really looks like. No one can tell them he's a long shot, or a fringe candidate anymore, without them recalling his words, the rally audience reaction, and the video of thousands of everyday Americans supporting him. People believe what they see, not what someone tells them.

WOw.. I didnt know that.. Geez.. Ron Paul just might run away with this entire election.... I turned on a guy that works with me the other day.. hes never been politically active his entire life and hes already handing out slim jims to friends and family.. This is going to be the biggest ROCK THE VOTE thing ever.. (And I dont think MTV is even doing a ROCK THE VOTE this year... hmm, I wonder why eh?)

AtomiC
12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
The negativity the MSM has beeb trying to surround Ron Paul with has actually turned around to bite them in the rear.

RonPaulGetsIt
12-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah it was all good I thought.

The message is powerful and Dr. Paul is so much more intelligent than anyone else on stage. No one knows more about these issues than Dr. Paul.

Hillary complains when Tim Russert has the nerve to actually expect a response to a yes or no question about should illegal immigrants get drivers licenses. Compare that to Dr. Paul skillfully answering 3 questions about North American Union "conspiracy", gays in the military from a Dem. General plant, and whether he's gonna run as a 3rd party becasue he knows he can't win. Despite the glaringly obvious bias, Dr. Paul knocked it out of the park. The message of freedom and limited government cannot be silenced.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Rockthevote.com is up, and they've been doing stuff with myspace.com, it won't really big big till the general elections.

Rockthevote.com is a great way to register to vote, it fills out the paper for you syou just have to print it, sign it, mail it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2007, 02:43 PM
The McCain thing also was great. The majority of this country wants out of Iraq, and seeing Ron up there standing up to McCain with his all-powerful grin and headshake would surely convince any Republican with war doubts to reconsider his campaign.

I'm not sure Paul came out of it great, but I think McCain and others underestimate Paul's resolve. McCain came out of it bloody as a result. Just like Rudy did. Just like more of them will.

Broadlighter
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
All we need now is for Fred Thompson to take a swipe at Ron Paul.

We should call RP, Dr. Swipe and Wipe. His opponents takes swipes at him and he wipes the floor of them with logic and facts.

idiom
12-01-2007, 06:59 PM
They must feel like Japan in 1941 pondering the USA. If you don't attack RP he is going to quietly steal all your votes, but if you do attack him is going to drop a logic nuke on you very very publicly.

therealjjj77
12-01-2007, 08:07 PM
That was such a great answer. How could someone planting that not think through the potential blowback. :)

"When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things; Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness; Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked; Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:...
My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.
Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it... Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee. Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm. Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways. For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous. The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just. Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly. The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools."

The Lord is certainly helping Ron Paul.